[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Wars: Rebels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 602
Thread images: 116

File: aayla_secura_by_red2870-d8kfggx.png (411KB, 688x620px) Image search: [Google]
aayla_secura_by_red2870-d8kfggx.png
411KB, 688x620px
Blue Feet edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

>Newest Rebels Episode: Wings of the Master:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-BUx5evwAjIbFBMa09YX2NYbkE&usp=sharing
https://mega.nz/#F!SogDgSzb!DpwkJ493-8UNkhTWaCB-3A

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AIH28G2YRo

>Star Wars: Rebels MEGA (Season 1):
https://mega.co.nz/#F!UYQCwTwa!s-n8--buJPbauv6ylUo-DA

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Star Wars: Uprising: ( /co/ Cartel: Loth-Cats )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW6fOEvuSg
http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?568108-Newx-s-New-Player-Guide

>Star Wars: Commander ( /co/ Squad: Empire - SheevSquad )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FXrcuPR4XQ

>All Canon Novels and Comics: (Including the Rebels UK Comics)
https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

>Star Wars Audiobooks (Canon and Legends) and Motion Comics:
https://mega.nz/#F!w9tFCZxK!7zthk3nLz-0ATC9zxxEPuw

>Star Wars Legends Novels (Incomplete):
https://mega.nz/#F!AgVghZhQ!0SL9AVJvCbzUsRICuAoguQ

>Canon Guide & Timeline:
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Star Wars /co/ Booru:
starwars.booru.org

>Star Wars: Rebels / TCW Soundtracks:
http://www.kevinkiner.com/mp3music/StarWarsRebels/
http://www.kevinkiner.com/mp3music/CloneWars/
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bb842b2alua58tb/SWTCWS16.rar
http://soundcloud.com/deankinersounds/sets/star-wars-rebels-music
>>
File: 1428368721086.jpg (54KB, 600x377px) Image search: [Google]
1428368721086.jpg
54KB, 600x377px
>>
File: 1442169290060.jpg (680KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1442169290060.jpg
680KB, 1920x1080px
Post Capital Shipfu
>>
So when will season 2 start getting good again?
>>
Who the fuck keeps making these threads with fucking feet as the OP picture
>>
>>77414329
Honestly, it probably won't.
>>
I LOVE SUCKING COCK
>>
>>77414329
>we need a Sabine episode
>we need a Zeb episode
>we need a Kallus episode
>we need a Chopper episode

Not until next year
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (220KB, 1348x913px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
220KB, 1348x913px
>>77414325
>Capital Shipfu
>Implying I don't play Armada running 5 of these
>>
>>77414257
DIE FOOT FAGS
>>
Can you faggots please stop with the waifu/feet posting, please? This is a SFW board, it's awkward as shit to browse these threads at work with all these pics.
>>
File: 1446794268684.png (87KB, 326x314px) Image search: [Google]
1446794268684.png
87KB, 326x314px
>>77414358
We all do.
>>
>>77414358
Good for you, so does at least a billion other people.
>>
>>77414086
>and that the story of Star Wars was about Anakin Skywalker and all that stuff that got wrapped up in ROTJ. You don't really need to know what happened next because the important thing is that the prophecy was fulfilled.

Which is obviously made up shit because, as we all know, Darth Vader was just a henchman in the first Star Wars movie. The story was never really about him, at least not before the prequels made him seem more important than he actually was. You could argue that Star Wars has always been about the Skywalker family though, but it's pretty much confirmed that either Rey or Kylo or both of them are going to be related to Luke Skywalker in some way, so it looks like a natural continuation to me.

>Disney's sequel trilogy seems like a bonus story in a way, and that's just reinforced to me by the big bad being a brand new character who's only "aware" of the previous events.

Every single part of the Star Wars franchise except for ANH has been a "bonus story" in a way. TESB for example was just as "unnecessary" as TFA. The Death Star was destroyed and the Empire lost. No reason to continue the story, right? But if George hadn't continued it, then Star Wars would've "died" long ago and most things that got us interested about the franchise would've never been established.
>>
>>77414388
>browsing 4chan at work

Get a fucking life and a real hobby, faggot
>>
>>77414388
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVsFaW-mVKM
>>
>>77414329
It won't, unless the Rebels take off their heavy Plot-Armor.

>>77414351
A footfag, which are some of the worst types of fags you can get.
>>
File: Lucrehulk_battleship_TCW.jpg (38KB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
Lucrehulk_battleship_TCW.jpg
38KB, 500x349px
>>77414325
Glorious Separatist armada
>>
File: 1446588462807.png (220KB, 400x384px) Image search: [Google]
1446588462807.png
220KB, 400x384px
I don't know what's harder to believe: That TCW died for Rebels, or that the same people who made that are working on it. It's not just that it doesn't measure up in animation. The writing is lackluster as well.

>>77414471
Though I might feel slightly better if I see the Rebels using one of those.
>>
File: plagueissmug.png (254KB, 400x516px) Image search: [Google]
plagueissmug.png
254KB, 400x516px
>“Supreme Leader Snoke is quite an enigmatic character, and strangely vulnerable at the same time as being quite powerful,” Serkis says.
it fits plagueis character

>“Obviously he has a huge agenda. He has suffered a lot of damage. As I said, there is a strange vulnerability to him, which belies his true agenda, I suppose.”
it absolutely fits as he suffered an assassination attempt from Kek Sidious, it should've messed his physical body up pretty badly. His true agenda was all the time to let plagueis make an empire and then for plagueis to take over the empire when kek sidious got killed, maybe it expands even further, I guess we'll have too wait and see.

>He is large. He appears tall. And also just the facial design – you couldn’t have gotten there with prosthetics. It’s too extreme. Without giving too much away at this point, he has a very distinctive, idiosyncratic bone structure and facial structure. You could never have done it [in real life.]”
fits plagueis character

>If Snoke is a “damaged” character, that raises the question: Did his wounds come from the clash between the Rebellion and the Empire, seen in the original Star Wars trilogy? Serkis hesitates here, but then says he believes Snoke was outside of that conflict.
nothing to add

>“No, he’s a new character in this universe. It is very much a newly-introduced character,” Serkis says. “He’s aware of what’s gone on, in the respect that he has been around and is aware of prior events. I think it’d be fair to say that he is aware of the past to a great degree.”
>new character
>newly introduced character
desu senpai plagueis was only mentioned, never shown

ANTI-PLAGUEISFAGS BTFO
>>
>>77414493
You gotta dumb it down for the new audiences.
>>
Sheev looks OP as fuck
>>
>>77414493
>the same people who made that are working on it
This is harder to believe. Because if it was another team writing this, I would be a little miffed. But no, it's Filoni writing this, after all those years on TCW itself, not to mention other shows, this is what he comes up with in terms of Rebels writing.
>>
File: [screams internally].jpg (5KB, 232x249px) Image search: [Google]
[screams internally].jpg
5KB, 232x249px
>>77414363

I just watched the episode.

>tfw Kallus is going to die
>tfw all cool Imperials except Vader inevitably die
>tfw Vader dies too

What's the fucking point mang.
>>
Man where did all these whiners come from the past 2 days?
>>
>>77414425

Can't hear you over this huge pay check I get for browsing 4chan all day.
>>
>>77414570
Bad episodes tend to grow complaints, anon.
>>
Is it shit wars guy again.
>>
>>77414579
Seconded. Optician with nothing to do 65% of the day
>>
>>77414585
This was a bad episode?
>>
>>77414422
It sounds like you haven't read much into George's various drafts and treatments for Star Wars. Pretty much all the important aspects of the prequels stem from those, and the general story of the prequels is summarized in the prologue of the 76 novelization.

My point is the ideas of the prequels come from the same wellspring that gave us the original Star Wars, before George elected to expand it. They're all unused concepts and ideas. The original movie itself may not have covered all that much about the old republic but George was always very concerned about the fall of the republic and the rise of the empire, and that's why he made the prequels instead of sequels, because he believed that the fall of the republic and the Jedi was far more important to the overall saga he wanted to tell than a sequel trilogy. And given the ideas presented in his early drafts it shows.

The ideas of Disney's sequels appear to be entirely made up. That's not a bad thing and it doesn't mean they will be bad movies. In fact I'm quite excited for them. I'm just saying that as far the big overtones are concerned, I agree with George's assertion that the story was effectively wrapped up with episode 6. Right now (and it could very well change) I just don't see episode 7 adding to those big thematic ideas in a meaningful way. It's basically just affirming that yeah, life went on after the credits rolled in Jedi.
>>
>>77414562
>What's the fucking point mang.
You enjoy what little time the Imperials you see on-screen have, fall in love with them unconditionally, and be saddened when they inevitably bite the dust.
>>
File: mchomeone2.jpg (86KB, 1091x304px) Image search: [Google]
mchomeone2.jpg
86KB, 1091x304px
>>77414325
Imperator-sama a best, of course.

Always appreciate the detail work on this model, though. Most shots in the movie don't do her justice.
>>
File: at least he died pretty.png (640KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
at least he died pretty.png
640KB, 1280x720px
>>77414619

ok.
>>
File: MyOTP.jpg (110KB, 1266x667px) Image search: [Google]
MyOTP.jpg
110KB, 1266x667px
Just finished Lost Stars.

>TFW you realize who's Star Destroyer is careening towards Jakku.

I really like how they're connecting everything.
>>
File: 045950650ß5654.jpg (80KB, 920x517px) Image search: [Google]
045950650ß5654.jpg
80KB, 920x517px
>>77414509
>Who is this "Darth Vegas" guy they are always talking about, JJ?
>It's a character that was mentioned in the prequels, Larry.
>Oh, I have never even seen them to be honest.
>>
>>77414601
It was boring, and you could easily assume what was going to happen when the 30 second promo was shown. Even if you haven't watched it, you could see the writing on the wall after three minutes of watching the episode and knowing how the other episodes previously ended.
>>
>>77414570

I don't think there's a lot of whining in the threads; I do think there's a lot of defensive fanboysim from people who can't accept something they like being criticized.

Every time we have someone pointing out a negative aspect from the show, or from a specific episode, we get this horde of people going "No one's forcing you to watch it!" or "Why can't you just accept things!".

This is toxic as hell, and that's what escalates these criticisms into full scale sperging that derails the entire thread.

Like I think yesterday, or two days I ago, some people argued that Sabine felt out of place in the Star Wars universe, and then the people defending her went fucking ape shit, like they were personally offended by it or something.

I think a lot of people in these threads are young and new to the series, and they might feel very passionate about all this, but they have to understand that this is a 40 year old franchise, and opinions and taste will diverge greatly from fan to fan.
>>
>>77414388
Fuck off, normie.
>>
>>77414641
There's multiple ISDs crashing onto Jakku, so we don't know for sure it's the one in the book
>>
>>77414639
>at least he died pretty
I wish he didn't die at all. At he's was more enjoyable than Kallus is, and I like Kallus.
>>
>>77414697
It's the only one going nose first. I'm pretty sure it's the one...

Plus it's on the God damned cover.
>>
>>77414682
>This is toxic as hell, and that's what escalates these criticisms into full scale sperging that derails the entire thread

You could also say that full-scale sperging is what causes people to be so defensive in the first place though. When people have stuck with the show and accepted Sabine as a part of Star Wars, and somebody comes in and starts sperging out about how she doesn't fit for a bunch of arbitrary, poorly-thought out reasons, that may cause a similarly fiery reaction, especially since most people in these threads have been dealing with that same type of ignorant half-trolling for a year now. And that's just for Rebels. TCW bitching has gone on even longer.
>>
>>77414388
>browsing 4chan at work
>implying any of us have a job
>>
>>77414735
We haven't seen the full scope of the battlefield yet anon. It isn't just that small patch of sky over a small area of Jakku's surface.
>>
>>77414736

Sure, that happens too. I'm just saying that I see discussions spring much more frequently because of people going "shut up and accept this!" than from people whining about irrelevant stuff.
>>
>>77414778
And I see the opposite happen more than people saying "shut up and accept this." And I've been here for years.
>>
>>77414772
Well, we know from Lost Stars that Ree poises her ISD straight down at the planet to avoid capture. Her ISD is destroyed, as it should be, from this attempt. Most of the other ISD's in the area look like they crashed in a skidding kind of matter.

I'm pretty sure that's the one, plus Disney has been keen on connecting all their 'Road to the Force Awakens' material, so I don't see why there is any doubt here.
>>
>>77414570
>Man where did all these people who have opinions I don't agree with come from

Fuck off, this isn't your fucking hugbox.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (249KB, 611x815px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
249KB, 611x815px
>It's a b-wing episode
>>
>>77414828

Use fucking spoilers tags, man.
>>
>>77414805
>I've been here for years.

That's pretty sad, mate.
>>
>>77414840
>two months since the book came out
>>
>>77414805

I've been here for years too, and fanboys tend to be defensive as fuck in these threads.

People will go "Man, I'm disappointed with X in this show" and then someone else will immediately go "NO YOU'RE NOT, YOU'RE WRONG" and the thread goes to shit.
>>
>>77414855
Not really, this is just my preferred forum for Star Wars discussion for numerous reasons.
>>
>>77414735
>>77414641
This actually kinda bothered me. In the Battlefront map there are multiple falling out of the sky durring the battle, but we never hear about them in the book. I wonder if the devs just didn't pay attention or something.
Plus, the battle is going on in the game AFTER the ship already crashed, but in the book I feel like its implied the battle ended by the time they are rescued from the escape pod
>>
>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
I'VE SEEN INSIDE MY HEAD A VISION
>>
>>77414828
>Those spoilers
god fucking damnit
>>
>>77414860

Are you shitting me? Is everyone supposed to read everything as soon as it comes out? Two months is pretty fucking recent. People still use spoiler tags for TCW spoilers, for christ sake.
>>
>>77414898
It takes a fucking week or less to read, anon. Two months is plenty of time
>>
>>77414876
Well since we're both just arguing anecdotally I don't see much point in continuing to go in circles.
>>
>>77414910

The spoiler tags exist for a reason, stop finding excuses for you shitty decisions.
>>
>>77414910

That's considering everyone in this thread will just immediately read every novel as soon as it comes out. You're just wrong, m8.
>>
>>77414892
>>77414898
>>77414910
>caring about spoilers
>2010+5
Why?
>>
>>77414956

>enjoying things
>any year ever

Here's a spoiler

You'll die alone and angry
>>
>>77414956
Don't be a fag. Just admit your mistake.

I'm not even the anon you are arguing with. Seriously this is a time with so much content coming out that people are just getting into, it should be common sense to use spoiler tags.
>>
>>77414881
Get some friends and talk to them.
>>
>>77415007
Got plenty, none of them like Star Wars very much though.
>>
File: HK-47.jpg (22KB, 302x305px) Image search: [Google]
HK-47.jpg
22KB, 302x305px
>>77414838
Observation:
>The ship is Red.
>>
>>77414388
It's a SFW board and that's a SFW picture. No problem here. You shouldn't be on /co/ at work anyways.
>>
>>77415048
Exactly.

NSFW and SFW is bullshit, I'd get shit either way if I was on 4chan while I was meant to be working.
>>
>>77414997
If knowing a spoiler prevents you from enjoying something it probably isn't worth experiencing
I haven't read Lost Stars yet but even knowing the spoiler I still plan to, and I'll enjoy it
>>
>>77415028

I feel you, man. This and the /tg/ SW thread are always fixed tabs in my browser.
>>
>>77414257
Oh for fuck sake twice?
>>
>>77415077

It doesn't prevent me from enjoying the story, but it ruins any suspense the story might be building for that specific revelation.
If you can't understand that, you might be literally autistic.
>>
>>77415138
Just you wait Anon, we still have a full color spectrum of feet to go through.
>>
File: baewing.png (1006KB, 1365x767px) Image search: [Google]
baewing.png
1006KB, 1365x767px
>>77415040
looks orange to me
>>
>>77415143
>but it ruins any suspense the story might be building for that specific revelation
>it ruins any suspense
>any suspense

I would argue that's highly subjective. For instance, you can know that something is bound to happen but not the way, the why, or the when, and thus experience heightened suspense and anxiety as the story trucks toward its inevitable conclusion.

Not that I'm defending the asshole who didn't use spoiler tags though.
>>
Uprisingfags, new missions and content is out. Your character is hired as a bounty hunter by the Hutt in the trailer. You can get a wrist flamethrower too
>>
>>77415112
Same. Only thing I don't like about the /tg/ general is their blatant disdain for most things prequel-related.
>>
>>77414388
How do you get 4chan at work?

But no, yeah stop with the feet pictures. Not everyone's into that shit.
>>
File: Hanshrug.gif (1MB, 500x238px) Image search: [Google]
Hanshrug.gif
1MB, 500x238px
>>77415143
I see your point, while there is less suspense for the event I usually try not thinking about the spoiler or try assuming it's not true.
As far the autism thing goes, I've wondered but never was tested so whatever.
>>
>>77415190
There was a study somewhere that said spoilers actually enhance the experience.

I guess there is a granule of truth to it. I thought Persona 3 was better, knowing the ending.
>>
>>77415187
Exclamation: Damn it, Master! I'm an assassination droid, not an interior decorator!
>>
>>77415256
>>77415040
Of all the things I hope to become canon again, HK-47 is one of the top ones
Just because It makes the chance of him showing up again in new media more likely
>>
>>77414368
You are a scoundrel after my own heart.
>>
>>77415287
Agreed.
Although in addition, I hope they step their reference game up to the levels in the out takes/bonus clips.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gf5beYCqtU
>>
>>77415214
There's always going to be something not everyone is into. What makes you so special, faggot?
>>
>>77415202
Oh boy, are they going to give us Mandalorian armor too? The Fettfagging in TOR was pathetic enough.
>>
>>77415340
Some of those clips are from Peragus were they not?
Was he supposed to be accessible that early and got removed?
>>
>>77415342

How about just not posting fetishes in the general thread OP?
>>
>>77415409
A lot of Kotor character dialogue never made it into the game.
>>
>>77415342
Most people don't shove their fetishes in the OP image like a fag.
>>
>>77415421
>>77415436
>implying liking feet is a proper fetish and not just degenerate faggotry

Either way yeah, keep that shit out of the OP.
>>
>>77415409
>>77415434
Actually, these clips and quotes aren't from the game itself. They were extra lines of dialogue made during production for fun.
The fact that he's on the Peragus is just that they put him on all sorts of settings to make this video. (The two clips that make up that video came from a bonus DVD given out along with the Prima Guide)
>>
File: 1446417109869.png (84KB, 429x600px) Image search: [Google]
1446417109869.png
84KB, 429x600px
>>77415421
Sexy fetish material has been a long standing tradition of Star Wars threads on /co/ for many many years. Certainly from before you were even old enough to post on here, so I don't blame you not remembering this.
>>
File: ig88.jpg (126KB, 600x520px) Image search: [Google]
ig88.jpg
126KB, 600x520px
>>77415340
>>77415287
at least we'll always have a canon murderbot
>>
>>77415469
Oh that's neat
>>77415434
It's too bad Kotor II wasn't properly completed
Maybe they would have made a 3rd if it had been
>>
>>77415472

Not in the fucking OP. It used to be properly spoilered, and in the thread, oh mighty Ancient Poster.
>>
>>77415472
No one likes footfags, you're just as pushy as futafags too. Keep the fetishes out of the damn OP image, go to fucking /aco/ if you want to post smut.
>>
>>77415498
>Bossk calls him IG-90
I'm missing a bit of EU lore, aren't I?
>>
>>77415498
Too bad there's only two panels of him
>>
File: 1446660272080.png (530KB, 580x781px) Image search: [Google]
1446660272080.png
530KB, 580x781px
>>77415508
>arguing over shit that doesn't matter instead of posting boobies and buttcheeks
>>
>>77415537
There's 4 IG series droids all destroyed with IG-88 the only one left
>>
>>77415569
Or something like that
>>
>>77415559
Was it ever explained why Sabine's sister was a murderous, racist terrorist?

Sort of came out of nowhere I felt.
>>
>>77415569
Ah okay.
These numbers always mess with me when it comes to background SW droids outside of HK-47 or the dynamic duo.

I'm still waiting for BB-8's assassination counterpart, BB-16 though.
>>
>>77414257
What the fuck, Aayla Sakura? Tell me they didn't retcon her death oh please
>>
>>77415569
Kind of happy that's not canon anymore. Funny as it was for IG-88 to troll Sheev on the Death Star, him secretly being skynet was too ridiculous.
>>
File: in the back.gif (1MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
in the back.gif
1MB, 300x300px
>>77415629
What are you talking about? She got quintuple-tapped by the clones. She's deader than dead.
>>
>>77415629
>>77415643
Okay. Good. Just I saw the OP and thought she'd made an appearance in the Rebels show somehow
>>
>>77415643
I don't even dislike the prequels but that death scene was so fucking awful. How did they ever okay that arms up death flail.
>>
How much do you "zoom out" on the details in the prequels to make them acceptable? I doubt anyone has problems with the basic premise of "Anakin and Obi-Wan's relationship and Sheev's plan".
>>
>>77415608
She's a Madalorian. It's kind of their thing.
>>
Every single footfag needs to die painfully. Literally a worse fetish than vore or diapers.
>>
>>77415668
That's her TCW model.
>>77415702
Uh, I can't really zoom out on them. Their faults are too obvious. I can delight in some of the action setpieces, the Separatists, and every scene Sheev's in, but I don't have a good suspension of disbelief for the films anymore.
>>
Since the Death Star lasers were made from Kyber Crystals, as were lightsabers, could a bunch of lightsabers manage to stop a firing?
>>
File: Moraband_Planet.png (511KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
Moraband_Planet.png
511KB, 680x680px
>Moraband
I will never get over this.
>>
>>77415859
Could have been worse. Could be Morals'bad
>>
>>77415848
>Death star lazers made of Kyber Crystals

Is that still canon?
>>
>>77415859
Assuming you're not just super autistic...

Why? It doesn't sound much different from Korriban and seems to be exactly the same in every other respect.

The name itself is a lot less stupid than most names Lucas came up with.
>>
>>77415883
Literally the plot of Rebels s1
>>
>>77415762
I meant in a plot-concept kind of way, with different levels of detail, the actual movie plot being the most detailed, increasing levels of vagueness being in between, and the basic premise being the least detailed. For example, you could be okay with the actual Anakin-Padme plot, the same plot but differently written, the same premise but different execution, or not accept it at all and want something else entirely (Padme not existing and someone else being Luke's mother with all the other implications that brings)
>>
>>77415668
What in the world could have possibly given you that nonsense idea?
>>
>>77415898
It's not as a good a name as Korriban. The previous name sounded fearsome and powerful, Moraband is just... meh.
>>
>>77415883
>>77415907
And the unfinished Utapau arc from TCW.
>>
>>77415859
Same. It's a pointless change to something we knew for years.
>>77415848
It could be stopped with one lightsaber. Just start cutting up the machinery holding the crystals together before it fires. That's all just regular metal. I mean, it'll take a while to get to each laser in the complex, but still.
>>
>>77415859
Jorge believes use of the letter K in sci-fi words is cliche.
>>
>>77415898
I guarantee you that you wouldn't have an opinion on the name if it never changed. You're just jerking off the new canon once again.

It's a totally unnecessary change. It doesn't mean something different, it doesn't sound better, it's just a change for the sake of a change.
>>
>>77415848
Someone draw Mogo with a lightsaber deflecting the Death Star beam.
>>
>>77415911
Oh, well, I think the plot could've been a lot better. The movies skip around the endgame point of getting Palpatine on the throne, killing off the Jedi and putting Vader in a suit. There are a ton of ways to accomplish those goals better than the prequels handled themselves.

As for all the personal relationships, those were fine. They just needed better writing for the actors to work with. I personally think Padme should've been rewritten from the ground up. Perfect and righteous queen of a utopian democratic world under siege by evil, the only person in the galaxy actively trying to do the right thing, beautiful and good in every way, and angel just as Anakin guessed she was. I'd trade all of that in just to have a sympathetic character with real depth to be Luke and Leia's mom.
>>
So is it now

So is the Blade (B) Wing now the first one to have a designation outside of just a letter?
>>
>>77415999
Way to put words in my mouth. I asked why he had a problem with it as it's hardly a significant change.

I prefer the name Korriban but I'm not getting butthurt on the internet about it.
>>
>>77416035
It already was. Blade Wing was one of the excuses for the B back in the old EU.
>>
>>77416048
You get butthurt about everything else on the internet.
>>
>>77415859
>Moraband
I mean
It isn't totally unreasonable a planet's name could change over time
I just decided to pretend It is Korriban just over the years a new ruling body changed the name
>>
File: real elvish rope.jpg (12KB, 565x240px) Image search: [Google]
real elvish rope.jpg
12KB, 565x240px
>>77416078
Well you certainly showed me....
>>
>>77415928
>>77416026
The only thing I can imagine to see this happening is that one DBZ special from forever ago. Bardock and some other Saiyans try to blast Frieza to death in space, but Frieza just uses his own energy attack to wipe them and the homeworld out. I would guess that what the lightsaber can't physically block of the laser would still just go around and wipe out everything in it's path.
>>
>>77416182
oh lewd, this is a blue board anon please continue
>>
>>77415922
No, that's just your nostalgia talking.
>>
>>77415559
That ass was flat.
>>
>>77416250
>nostalgia

How old are you, kid? 14?
>>
>>77416308
Old enough to have read TOTJ when it first came out.
>>
>>77415608
There was gonna be an arc centered around her and Mandalore before Disney bought them out. Cry for TCW.
>>
>>77416420
I hope Filoni is noticing the negative reception Rebels is getting
>>
>>77416465
But isn't most of the Negativity Disney's fault?
>>
I liked Kallus reaction as his ship exploded;
>Surprise, Motherfucker!
>>
>>77414601

Not for me. I got to see my favorite star wars fighter fly and kick ass for once, so i got my money's worth.
>>
>>77416465
Rebels has been getting mostly positive buzz though.
>>
>>77416465
He probably sees it as an exact repeat for all the negative reception TCW got in its first two seasons. Remember the overwhelming hatred of the movie when it came out?

But many viewers eventually came to like TCW and plenty of people regard it even better than the prequels. And now that we lost it, we're back to hating the new face of the franchise. I just hope Rebels manages to do the same thing TCW did and grow into something beloved.
>>
>>77416525
But why are they called B-wings?
>>
>>77416540
B for Blade. Also when it's folded up, it looks like a lower-case b.
>>
File: Baneposter.jpg (10KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
Baneposter.jpg
10KB, 225x224px
>>77416540
b-wings = Bane-wings
>>
>>77416561
If you say so.....
>>
>>77416538
The TCW movie and the first season were total dogshit. Rebels isn't as good as the later TCW seasons (yet), but it started out better than TCW did.
>>
So I always wanted to ask this, which Clone Wars campaign did you guys like best? The 2002-2005 one or the one centered around the TV show?

I'm conflicted on this one but I think I like the old one better than the new canon one.

It's hard to explain, but if you liked the Umbara arc in TCW than you would've liked the first Clone Wars campaign since most battles and arcs were like that more.

The war just felt more violent and Grievous, Dooku and co. felt more threatening.

Though I will the canon one has more personality and characters that you end upone caring about more
>>
>>77416604
Right, so Rebels is in good shape so far.
>>
>>77416538
The movie still sucks as does season 1
I hope Rebels can reach Season 5 quality faster than TCW did
>>
>>77416627
You mean Genndywars? Eh, not enough character development compared to TCW. The battles were so grand and epic, so dense with droids and clones while the Jedi steamrolled everything in their path with newfound superpowers. I don't like it as much as I used to. It's still a brilliant artsy masterpiece by Tartakovsky, but I greatly prefer TCW to the old show.
>>
>>77416627
I like both. Some of the edginess of the first push, like all the stupid Quinlan Vos bullshit that infected the comics, kind of annoyed me. But there were plenty of annoying moments in the 3D cartoon as well. Never read any of the comics or novels produced during the 3D cartoon though.

>>77416692
I think he means in general. There's a pretty distinct divide between the Clone Wars content produced between AOTC and ROTS and the content produced circa the 3D cartoon.
>>
>>77416627
I like the original better, it felt grittier and more real. Remember Jabiim? Yeah.
>>
>>77416627
The one with Sev'rance Tann
>>
File: FeelsGuy.gif (13KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
FeelsGuy.gif
13KB, 633x758px
Let's take a moment of silence for Aresko, Jude, Tua and Chiron.

Our fallen Imperials.

Too pure for this Galaxy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDdI7GhZSQA
>>
Did Hera say flux capacitor when listing the parts for the Phantom?
>>
>>77417017
>including rebel scum on a list of Imperials

Come on now.
>>
>>77417059
Sh-she was just confused! She didn't deserve to be used as a trap for Kallus!
>>
>>77416692
Like this anon said >>77416725 I mean the whole multimedia Clone Wars project that Lucasfilm did between 2002-2005.

Genndywars was part of the project, but then you had games, comics and novels that covered the war as well.

>>77416782
oh yeah, I definitely remember Jabiim.

Another thing I kind of miss from the old Clone Wars project was that when it showed the Republic getting its ass kicked, it REALLY showed getting their ass kicked.

The Jedi were also shown to lose their way in a more realistic way than they did in the show.

I also liked how they found about Syfo Dyas late into the war but Sheev launched the Battle of Coruscant to distract them.

I kind of didn't like that in TCW the Jedi found out that the Sith created the clone army a whole 1 (or was it 2?) year before the war ended.

It makes them look dumber than usual
>>
I can't watch the new episode until in a week. Did Hera really get to fly a B-Wing? Did she accomplish anything col?
>>
>>77417183
yes and yes
>>
File: r.png (342KB, 752x562px) Image search: [Google]
r.png
342KB, 752x562px
How can he see?
>>
>>77417243
Bad guys aren't allowed eyes anon. We'd feel bad for them otherwise.

Also he only has to look down.
>>
So what is Boba's clone number? He's an adult now, isn't he.
>>
>>77416465
Aside from whinny fags and on places like force.net mandofags I've seen mostly positive responses.
>>
>>77417268
Probably 0001. If he was part of the agreed payment, no reason the Kaminoans wouldn't have done him first.
>>
>>77417206

Awesome, thanks anon.
>>
>>77417243
Looks like an animu character.
>>
>>77415943

why do we listen to Jorge?
>>
>>77417255
maybe it's actually a way for the empire to ensure good back health in their personnel?
they can't bent over the console but have to sit straight up
>and you can snooze without your superiors noticing
>>
Rebels is fag shit for faggots.
>>
>>77417334
Well without him you wouldn't have Star Wars.
>>
>>77416538

I wish Rebels pushed more multi episode story arcs and tried different genres like TCW did.

Like, you have this HUGE universe to explore, forget the imperials for a bit. This good guys foiling the bad guys' plans shit is getting way too samey.

TCW developed its stories further than "Republic vs. CIS"; gimme more outer rim adventures, Black Sun mercenaries, Twi'Lek internal clan intrigue, gambling in Nar Shaddaa with Devaronians, infiltrating Hutt family palaces to steal shit, helping exiled Jedi bring down dark cults seeking powerful artifacts in forgotten temples, I don't know, it's such a huge universe and so many possibilities, yet the show makes it seem so small, empty and bland.
>>
Anyone have the new Rebel´s episode in 720p?

Also Barriss was [spolier]cute[/spoiler]
>>
>>77417384

I believe that the George we have now and the George that made start wars are two different people.

Kinda like how Darth Vader is no Anakin Skywalker.
>>
NEW EPISODE PREVIEW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Uz_ivWhbY
>>
>>77417425
Nah he was always a weird autist and barely competent director.

It's just he got weirder and less kept in check as he got older.
>>
File: ohdear.gif (542KB, 311x283px) Image search: [Google]
ohdear.gif
542KB, 311x283px
>>77417437
/ss/ between all three of them
>>
>>77417437
Man, if there has been one thing that really makes me feel let down about rebels, it's the music. It's just so clunky and obtrusive at all the wrong times.
Either the dialogue or the acting comes a neat second though.
I get what they're doing here, it's a Sergio Leone reference, the problem is that it just comes out of nowhere and lacks any of the tension that actually makes the scenes work, thanks to that little trilly flute in the back there.
I know no one is going to draw their gun because the character was just introduced. As a film buff, this erks me.
>>
File: barely_holding_it_together_here.jpg (144KB, 520x500px) Image search: [Google]
barely_holding_it_together_here.jpg
144KB, 520x500px
>>77414650
Did he really say that? He's never even seen them? Please tell me you're lying. Please tell me this is bait.
>>
>>77417452
Also would like to add that the editing saved the original trilogy. Prequels desperately needed better editing.
>>
A thread a while back got me interested in Jedi Academy. Where can I get it for free? I want to try it out before paying for it.
>>
>>77416465
>negative

I havent seen any negative reactions. Do you have any citations?
>>
>>77417698
Just spend the $10
It's worth it

Or just google it yourself
>>
>>77415287
I'd honestly prefer him to stay the way he is.

Reintroducing him would simply encourage yet more cheap knock offs that keep cropping up, rather than encouraging people to come up with their own ideas on how to make villainous droids memorable.
One of the things I like about Chopper is that they managed to make a crazy sociopathtic droid that doesn't just shamelessly ape HK
>>
>>77417603
Do I really have to explain this to you? I made a joke to show that Kasdan and Abrams wouldn't care about a character like Plagueis who was just mentioned in one scene. General audiences don't know that character and a twist like that would be needlessly convoluted and confusing to almost everyone. It would be bad storytelling, but I don't expect Plagueisfags to understand that.
>>
>>77417425

He turned into a neckless monster in between movies.
>>
>>77417577
The music that comes with the title is so noisy it makes me cringe every time.
>>
>>77417425
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykmZp5cgbkU
>>
>>77417738
Sorry, it's just I haven't played PC games in god knows how long so I wouldn't even know where to go without getting a virus or something. I'll try google though.
>>
>>77417995
TPB
>>
if the later b-wings didn't have that tech, for what is the laser canon on the cockpit for?
>>
>>77417017
Why do you keep reminding me of all that was lost anon?
>>
>>77417437
>Black Sun
I know they were in TCW but I hope Rebels introduces Prince Xizor so he can show up in the nucanon. It would be nice for the Rebels to have to fight against a third faction as opposed to constantly fighting the Empire
>>
I get the hate for tcw movie but season 1 has all of my favorite episodes. Anyone who says the whole season is shit is just memin at this point.
>>
File: _1429212045.jpg (30KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
_1429212045.jpg
30KB, 600x350px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7IDByqnP1A&feature=youtu.be

The Skywalkers send their regards.
>>
>>77417437
>Gonk droid doesn't Gonk
Hmm
>>
>>77418344
I love TCW all over. I really like the malevolence Arc and made me really care for Plo Koon. The entire Ryloth arc is good and is made better by the fact that Lords of The Sith is like a direct season. #season 1 helped with a lot of World building and introduced characters we'd come to love like Echo, Fives, Hondo and Cad Bane
>>
>>77418354
It's really pretty funny how the whole thing worked out. Lucas kept just enough in to go either way up to Jedi. That scene in Empire barely gets by because Leia is pissed at Han and Luke's the only other guy in the room.
>>
>>77418354
He sounds like the Joker
>>
>>77418463
direct season=direct sequel. Messed that up
>>
Is the shattered empire comic finished?
>>
>>77418463
The scene in the ryloth arc where droid fighters are crashing into the republic ships gives me such an insane boner.
>>
>>77418504
yeah
>>
>>77418542
Wtf that felt so abrupt
>>
>>77418559
All comics (with the exception of Vader/Star Wars/Kanan) are only 4/5 issues long.
>>
File: SWTOR-Smuggler-Ship-Header.jpg (396KB, 1200x462px) Image search: [Google]
SWTOR-Smuggler-Ship-Header.jpg
396KB, 1200x462px
Best ship.
>>
>>77418596
Biodrone, please.
>>
>>77414325
You already posted it.
>>
>>77417995
Good old games, Steam.
>>
>>77418623
You're welcome.
>>
>>77418463

I love that Filoni insisted on putting that maneuver from the Thrawn novels into that one space battle in season one. Fucking nerd, that man.
>>
>>77418344
I consider both it and the second season to be useless. Back when it first started I tried to get into it and was appalled at the wasted potential. I thought it was another cash grab move by Lucas to push the franchise onto the only generation he could appeal to any more; small children. Even now I just don't rate them as worth the time spent watching them, and would recommend anyone wanting to watch to just go straight into season 3.
I dropped it hard back then and didn't pick it back up until after the show had been cancelled, which I maintain was the best course of action.
And, yes, I do think the Malevolence, Ryloth and Clone arcs were shit television.
>>
>>77418476
>Mark Hamill sounding like the Joker

No wai
>>
>>77418687
Which one?
>>
>>77418224
>wanting anything from EU in nucanon
>ever

Fuck off already. I'm already triggered by Black Sun existing at all.
>>
>>77418596
>Biodrone
>Likes worst ship
>>
>>77418913
I wonder if he gets paid to shill TORtanic in these threads or if he does it for free.
>>
File: botw79.jpg (10KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
botw79.jpg
10KB, 420x315px
Are you already at full cock, SWG?
>>
>>77418888

When they pull the Venator up on its side so the droid ships can only fire at the bottom while they launch all their fighters protected by the bulk of the mothership. It's taken step by step from a move Thrawn performs in Heir to the Empire, and Filoni mentions it specifically on one of the featurettes.
>>
File: botw18.jpg (11KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
botw18.jpg
11KB, 420x315px
>>77418957
I am for the big.
>>
File: BXcaptain-TC.png (466KB, 965x720px) Image search: [Google]
BXcaptain-TC.png
466KB, 965x720px
>>77418538
>>77418687
Both examples great examples of the cool stuff in season 1. I love how it introduced the BX Commando droid. It had a sort of ferocity other battle droids lacked
>>
>>77418596
>The Not-Millenium Falcon
>best ship
>>
>>77419024
All smuggler ships are not- Millenium Falcon by defult. At least I didn't play Jedi.
>>
>>77417577

I actually thought that was a really subtle way to do it but still make it sounds Star Wars-y.

Hate the main theme they used when they cut for commercials and shit though.
>>
Beach episode when?
>>
>>77419103
We got one with the Clones
>>
So apparently the novelization of Star Wars was out before the actual film

I wonder if anybody bought it thinking it was only a Sci-Fi novel?
>>
https://twitter.com/DisneyInfinity/status/664948301289168900
#worry
>>
>>77419103
after the first major arc.
With a full compliment of episodes to play with now, they're almost certainly going to have at least one.
>>
>>77417243
Makes it easier to reuse the same Officer model even if the ship he's on bites it.
>>
>>77419013
Everybody is good
>>
>>77414509

Snoke isn't plagueis, you dope. That would be too hokey. Not to mention the fact that he's dead
>>
>>77419013

But are you strong AND big anon?
>>
>>77419063
The not-Tantive is cooler than the not-Falcon though.
>>
File: botw22.jpg (12KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
botw22.jpg
12KB, 420x315px
Something I find interesting about Backstroke of the West is that it takes place "A Day After the Fair", an event which is also mentioned in "Hally Porter".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55HbKypJJLc
>>
File: full space broadsides!.png (3MB, 1919x816px) Image search: [Google]
full space broadsides!.png
3MB, 1919x816px
Am I the only one who wants to see the Separatist ships fight the Empire at least once during rebels?
>>
File: Damn.jpg (51KB, 366x602px) Image search: [Google]
Damn.jpg
51KB, 366x602px
>>77419128
>Superweapon plot maybe confirmed

I don't... understand
>>
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/12/where-is-luke-skywalker-star-wars

Rey confirmed for having been abandoned on Jakku.
>>
>>77414641

I dont get why the Star Destroyer looks like it's been there for hundreds of years, considering it was only there for 4 decades, tops
>>
>>77414650

HACKS!!!
>>
File: WTF is this.jpg (43KB, 1198x669px) Image search: [Google]
WTF is this.jpg
43KB, 1198x669px
I'm still processing this
>>
>>77419128
>>77419257
Okay, spoiler to follow:
You still haven't caught on? http://www.starwars.com/databank/starkiller-base
>>
>>77419319
i wish i came lasers
>>
File: 14409500471313.jpg (12KB, 224x172px) Image search: [Google]
14409500471313.jpg
12KB, 224x172px
>>77419128
>contempt
>>
>>77419319
It's like a small death star laser right?
>>
>>77414388

Feet are gross anyways. How anyone can consider them sexually arousing is beyond me
>>
>>77419128
So it's confirmed I literally read the entire movie? Lame.
>>
>>77419346
We saw a smaller version on clone gunships in AOTC.
>>
>>77419205

BATTER TO DEATH THEM!
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (223KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
223KB, 1600x900px
>>77419179
I liked the interior of the smuggle ship better but this one was good too.
>>
File: why.jpg (30KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
30KB, 288x499px
>>77419337
>armed with a fiercely destructive new weapon capable of destroying entire star systems
>capable of destroying entire star systems
>>
>>77419383
>how anyone can like something I don't like is beyond me

Are you autistic? Honest question.
>>
>>77414898

Cry moar, bitch nigga
>>
File: Sun_Crusher_EGF.jpg (14KB, 250x193px) Image search: [Google]
Sun_Crusher_EGF.jpg
14KB, 250x193px
>>77419436
You faggots deserve it.
>>
>>77419337
But anon, that image says "Resistance Tactical Strike", with the symbol of the Resistance literally emblazoned on the image

It's a Resistance weapon
>>
File: 1446384005999.jpg (56KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446384005999.jpg
56KB, 720x720px
>>77419337
Suncrusher 2.0
WHAT DID WE DO TO DESERVE THIS?!?!
>>
>>77419467
>We have to get rid of the EU so the Sun Crusher isn't canon
>Great! Now, LET'S MAKE OUR OWN SUN CRUSHER!
>>
>>77419436
>Literally Super Saiyan Death Star
I can't even have a discussion with people about how the exploding Star System bullshit makes no sense, because even Super Novas expand only at 8 miles per second, so it would literally take weeks before an exploding sun would have any effect on its own planets, which is a pathetically slow reaction in the Star Wars universe where the republic can probably evacuate the entire fucking solar system in that time.
>>
>>77414257ad
Those feet and the ones from last time are ugly
>>
>>77419412
Ah
I didn't think about those
>>
File: 1336537998126.png (270KB, 467x352px) Image search: [Google]
1336537998126.png
270KB, 467x352px
>>77419484
>b-b-but its different! it's not a super ship! its totally different!!!
>its gonna be cool, you'll see ;_;
>>
>>77419520
>"Sir, isn't this just the Sun Crusher?"
>NO! It's our OC Donut Steel!
>No! Now, here me out. What if the Sun Crusher, WAS A PLANET?
>"Sir, but that'd just be the Death Star"
>No, but you see, it's the Death Star, BUT BIGGER! It's the Sun Crusher INSIDE the Death Star!
>We'll call it, The Death Sta- I mean, Starkiller Base!
>>
>>77419520
those lips
>>
File: 1443137640926.jpg (7KB, 184x214px) Image search: [Google]
1443137640926.jpg
7KB, 184x214px
>>77419436
>>77419496
>>77419484
What I wanna know is who thought this was a good idea. This is like everything wrong with modern film franchises. This is shaping up to be a rehash of IV with a BIGGER Death Star, a hip young DIVERSE cast that all the young folk can relate to, and your old favorites back for fanservice.
>>
>>77419609
Ahsoka is made for sex
>>
>>77419636
What else would it be?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAM6FycAyqA
>>
>>77419641
Especially those orange feet.
>>
File: subtle romantic poetry.jpg (13KB, 300x130px) Image search: [Google]
subtle romantic poetry.jpg
13KB, 300x130px
>>77415287
>mfw
I could have sworn I've seen an HK unit in the promo material for the Battlefront game which is canon afaik, right?
Or am I just more confused than usual?
>>
>>77419636
Well if the movie is actually good, and a lot of people like it no ones gonna care.
>>
>>77419636
This is what happens when you don't make a steak out of the cow
Some sod comes and milks it some more even though there's nothing left to milk
>>
File: 1277102831666.png (305KB, 631x443px) Image search: [Google]
1277102831666.png
305KB, 631x443px
>>77419636
Welcome to modern filmmaking.
>>
>>77419636
>What I wanna know is who thought this was a good idea.
Who do you think?
>>
>>77419227
No, you're not. CIS remnants when?
>>
>>77419677
But the chances of the movie being good are slim. The only people I see expecting it to be great are the people saying 'but it's Star Wars'.

Which is fine, it doesn't need to be the best movie ever, but if you think it's going to be an honest to Force great film, you're deluding yourself.
>>
File: CTpl0uiXAAMEG_j.jpg (93KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CTpl0uiXAAMEG_j.jpg
93KB, 1024x1024px
>>
>>77419227
Dude, one of those batallion ships with a droid army could cause some serious damage.
>>
>>77419707
>>77419227
Plenty of old CIS ships made their way into the Rebel fleet.

I doubt we'll see anything resembling a big battle in Rebels. Not only because the rebellion isn't in full swing yet, but because they have so much less money than they did on Clone Wars.
>>
>>77419736
If it's as good as the OT it'll be fine. Don't forget that the existence of the PT also gives TFA room for some error. Overall I'm excited to see it, but I'm also looking forward to the change in the way we argue about the movies.
>>
>>77419740
>my ship is 90% thrust.
Wink wink, nudge nudge.
>>
>>77419740
So, since this has dropped on steam I finally found out what the hell infinity is anyway.
But why on earth would anybody throw money out the window for that. Everything I read about it and every single review said Infinity is terrible and it's only purpose to swindle kids out of their pocket money.
>>
File: smelly_boy.jpg (21KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
smelly_boy.jpg
21KB, 400x300px
>>77419425
>>
>>77419791
>grading films on a curve

What's wrong with wanting a film to be actually good instead of 'good for Star Wars film'?
>>
File: 1445969214644.png (196KB, 350x620px) Image search: [Google]
1445969214644.png
196KB, 350x620px
>>77419657
I expected something NEW. Something different. Back when the sequel trilogy wasn't even put to paper Jorge said it was gonna be at least a hundred years after ROTJ. When he handed it over he said he wanted to see a new generation of storytellers tell new stories about a new generation of characters. All we're getting is a dolled-up remake of an old story.
>>
>>77419851
You won't get that with a lot of fans, and Star Wars is so big it's hard to get it overall. The last time that happened was the OT. If I remember right the reviews for the OT weren't the best, but public enjoyment won. It's why movies are like they are today.
>>
>>77415340

Lame/. Sounds like all they did was parrot one-liners used in other movies and TV shows.
>>
File: transformers-age-extinction.jpg (690KB, 1200x700px) Image search: [Google]
transformers-age-extinction.jpg
690KB, 1200x700px
>>77419902
When you're right, you're right. We should let Zack Snyder and Michael Bay co-direct the next Star Wars movie.
>>
>>77415342

Just take your degenerate fetishes to /d/. They almost always have a thread for that kind of shit. You can get more of what you like, and the rest of us won;t have to suffer through that shit
>>
>>77419932
Amazing deduction master Holmes!
It's almost like the video was a skit reel of exactly that, made for fun to be handed out along with prima guides!

>>77419872
You answered well, for what it could have been.
But if you search your feelings you know that "would" is very different.
>>
>>77415472

I.

Don't.

Give.

A.

SHIT.

Take it to /d/
>>
http://strawpoll.me/5991514/
>>
>>77419973
>>77420027
>being butthurt over nothing

Stop derailing the thread when we're actually having a real discussion. Why do people get triggered so easily?
>>
>>77420056
>playing mobile games
>>
File: Into_the_Sarlacc_it_goes.jpg (339KB, 967x634px) Image search: [Google]
Into_the_Sarlacc_it_goes.jpg
339KB, 967x634px
>>77420070
Just stop responding.
>>
>>77420027
It's been hours and we are over halfway to the bump limit. Chill out.
>>
File: CSWE.jpg (79KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
CSWE.jpg
79KB, 650x650px
Canon version when
>>
>>77419973
>>77420027
This is kinkshaming and I will not stand by it!
>>
Believe in Sheev
>>
>>77420220
shut up
>>
File: 1431239174017.jpg (117KB, 500x307px) Image search: [Google]
1431239174017.jpg
117KB, 500x307px
>>
>>77419872
>Back when the sequel trilogy wasn't even put to paper Jorge said it was gonna be at least a hundred years after ROTJ

Man Jorge says all kinds of shit. Back in the 80s he joked about doing the sequels when the main cast was in their 70s. Thing is Lucas has never had a definitive idea for the sequels, which is precisely why he did the prequels first instead. He already had real ideas for those.
>>
>>77420265
A lot of people here seem triggered by the idea of a SW animu but I wouldn't mind it. I feel like an adaptation like the mangas would be kind of a waste of time, I'd rather watch something original. Maybe set in the Old Republic era for some badass Jedi on Sith action?
>>
>>77420220
>tfw still have my '98 pre-prequel single volume edition
>>
File: tdsl.png (150KB, 456x810px) Image search: [Google]
tdsl.png
150KB, 456x810px
Those dick sucking lips on Sabine's friend. lawd.
>>
>>77420425
And people said yellow eyes were unusual...
>>
>>77420483
I'm reminded of Lois Lane.
>>
File: Outrider.jpg (41KB, 576x440px) Image search: [Google]
Outrider.jpg
41KB, 576x440px
>>77418596
Outrider is best rider
>>
>>77414493
>Though I might feel slightly better if I see the Rebels using one of those.
I mean come on. From the top down it almost even looks like the Rebel insignia.
>>
>>77420852
Nope. It's a Klingon Bird of Prey.
>>
File: Blockade.webm (2MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Blockade.webm
2MB, 900x506px
>>
>>77420971
awwww, ye. Dead rebels
>>
File: retreat.webm (2MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
retreat.webm
2MB, 900x506px
>>77420997
>>
>>77420971
>>77421022

Why don't they just go around the blockade? Approach the other side of the planet perhaps?
>>
>>77420971
Yes, keep flying straight into their guns
>>
>>77420971
>blockade runner is getting fucking torn apart
>Hera says "Keep going, you'll totally make it!!"
Why did they make her flight leader again?
>>
>>77420971
what I never understand about sci-fi shit in space is, why do they need to go right through the blockade? Theres like 3 ships there, go around to the other fucking side of the planet.
>>
File: e.jpg (47KB, 1021x438px) Image search: [Google]
e.jpg
47KB, 1021x438px
>Blockades then

>>77420971
>Blockades now
>>
>>77421106
Even there, why not approach from the top?
>>
File: B-Wing attack.webm (1MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
B-Wing attack.webm
1MB, 900x506px
>>77421072
She took out a light cruiser. It's a good thing they didn't go with her plan of doing the same thing again but with two ships.
>>
>>77421049
>>77421073
As is explained whenever this is brought up. hyperspace lanes are a thing in SW. You always come out of hyperspace in the same place.

You also don't blockade with slow ships so that when they come out of hyperspace you can match their movements to prevent them from just "going around".
>>
Were there any Star Destroyers in that blockade?
>>
>>77421147
Then go the long way, come out of hyperspace early and just use normal engines to go around
>>
File: latest.jpg (365KB, 1032x1565px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
365KB, 1032x1565px
Just finished reading the first trade of this. I really really enjoyed it.
>>
>>77417132
>I kind of didn't like that in TCW the Jedi found out that the Sith created the clone army a whole 1 (or was it 2?) year before the war ended.
Uhhhh, they found out mere months before RotS dude.

>>77417729
his ass, there hasn't been any, other than some assmad EU fags.

>>77418596
Oh look, the Ebon-Ghost Falcon

>>77419297
crashing into a planet and then having sand constantly blowing on it will definitely do that to something.

>>77421132
As mentioned earlier, blockades are positioned right at the exit point of a hyperspace lane. You can't "approach from the top" because you exit right in front of them. Even if you were to jump in somewhere else, ships can just move to intercept you by the time you'd get close enough to the planet.
>>
File: Imperial blockade.jpg (155KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial blockade.jpg
155KB, 1920x1080px
>>77421167
No, just the old light cruisers, and transports.
>>
>>77421049
>Why don't they just go around the blockade? Approach the other side of the planet perhaps?

It wouldn't be much of a blockade if you could just go around it.
>>
>>77421180
Did you even read my post?
>>
File: B-Wing test.webm (2MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
B-Wing test.webm
2MB, 900x506px
>>
>>77421182
Aye, it's good. The art is good as well. I like how they show Clones after Order 66 with styles and Grey as well as Kleeve claiming that the Republic turning into the Empire is what the Confederacy was fighting for
>>
>start watching clone wars
>reach Savage arc
Noped the fuck out of it, really. Why would someone create a character solely to shit on him?
>>
>>77421199
Huh, you would have thought the Empire would use more than just cruisers and transports for this mission?
>>
>>77419496
>8miles per second
u fucking wot m8?
Unless you missed a few zeroes you're fucking insane.
That or you meant the expansion of the outer layers of a star when it goes from regular red giant to planetary nebula, losing its outer layers in an outward push when it runs out of suitable fuel. A supernova is visible from another galaxy, and only a few days after we see the flash do we see a fuck-huge debris cloud.
Gonna need a source m8.
>>
>>77421296
>implying they'd trust Kallus with anything more expensive
>>
File: Agent Kallus06.jpg (126KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Agent Kallus06.jpg
126KB, 1920x1080px
>>77421296
Clearly Agent Dumbass it to blame for this debacle.
>>
File: clone-wars5x01_0406.jpg (103KB, 1916x812px) Image search: [Google]
clone-wars5x01_0406.jpg
103KB, 1916x812px
>>77421276
Dude, Savage is literally part of some of the best arcs on the show. don't be retarded.
>>
>>77421269
Fighting against, sorry. As he wanted Freedom, the opposite of what the Republic became
>>
>>77421296
After he managed to lose the Empire 3 of it's bigger, elite versions of the AT-AT on Seelos, I doubt he's being trusted with much atm
>>
File: image.jpg (124KB, 901x661px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124KB, 901x661px
>>77420312
>tfw no Darth Bane origin by Hirohiko Araki
>>
File: 1445553610318.jpg (49KB, 458x454px) Image search: [Google]
1445553610318.jpg
49KB, 458x454px
>>77421362
>All his arc is about being ripped from home, killing his brother, experimented by a bunch of nutjobs, treated as a slave, tortured by doku and ultimately being killed while the fucker that got him into trouble got a redemption arc and survived.
Nope
>>
>>77421420
But the question is: Who would voice him?
>>
>>77421180
Take an exit somewhere random, and just keep heading the same direction you were in a semi-pocket-dimension of space-time, no way you'll get lost, or hit by other ships, or debris
Brilliant plan
>>
>>77421420
Is it just me being an uncultured, white cis-shit or does all anime look exactly the fucking same?
>>
>>77421455
Not everyone gets an easy life, anon. Some people are born into the world simply to suffer.
>>
>>77421481
Like I said, who would create a character simply to shit on him? I personally despise those types of story AND the people who create them.
>>
>>77421322
>>77421349
>>77421393
Damn, it sucks to be him then. Will he continue jobbing?
>>
>>77421479
Just you. It's like cartoons, it has different styles. That guys eyes are pretty small compared to some anime in which they have fucking massive eyes
>>
>>77421516
Because, like I said, not everyone gets an easy life. Savage wasn't born to have an easy life(I mean, he was already part of a group of people who were ruled by the Nightsisters).

>>77421534
probably.
>>
>>77421534
You can't come back from such a jobbing streak.

He either needs to die or get injured and come back with a new gimmick.
>>
>>77421534
Only until he fails for the last time.
>>
>>77421516
>Who would create a character simply to shit on him
Filoni
>>
>>77421184
>crashing into a planet

With how many survivors?
>>
>>77416627

I preferred the 2D one if you were to put a gun to my head, but the 3D one is good too.
>>
>>77421607
>Filoni
Nice to know the name of the fucker.
>>77421562
But the problem is that the character itself has no purpose, a character created only to suffer is not entertaining, doesn't add any value to the story or to the reader/spectator life. It's a flawed design of an incompetent writer.
>>
>>77421599
>>77421566
>>77421562
When he does die, will we be sad?
I would be, only because he could have been a cool character and was wasted, like all the other Imperials on this show..
>>
Qurries R2 unit is boner inducing
>>
>>77421466
At his peak, or as an up and coming Sith warrior?
Same Japanese VA as Dio if it's the up and coming. Or the guy who did Kars in Battle Tendency. If we're talking older top-dog, which misses the point, then I don't know.
Best example as to why for either, aside from the obvious, or for anyone else:
http://youtu.be/jLtQLCFLzeo
http://youtu.be/Bn8aXYcNI3M
>>
>>77421735
I will mourn his mutton chops.
>>
>>77414543
The guy playing Luke just sucks.
>>
File: 587.png (76KB, 147x215px) Image search: [Google]
587.png
76KB, 147x215px
>>77421479
>cis-shit
>>
File: Impeirals.jpg (259KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Impeirals.jpg
259KB, 960x720px
>>77421735
I wont. Poor officers and commanders need to be removed.
>>
>>77421766
>All this JoJo wank
>>
File: The-Bee-Gees-011.jpg (64KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
The-Bee-Gees-011.jpg
64KB, 620x372px
>>77421759
>It's called BG
>>
File: but EDITED.jpg (12KB, 449x230px) Image search: [Google]
but EDITED.jpg
12KB, 449x230px
>>77416601
>>
>>77421759
It's based off the guy who made the B-Wing model.
>>
File: CIS scum.jpg (77KB, 704x679px) Image search: [Google]
CIS scum.jpg
77KB, 704x679px
>>77421830
>being a republic lapdog
>>
File: steam punk death star.jpg (740KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
steam punk death star.jpg
740KB, 1000x1000px
>>77417243
explains storm trooper targeting
>>
>>77421892
The helmet doesn't have a HUD
>>
>>77421868
Also it seems like the Phantom did get a hyperdrive this episode, always thought it had one for some reason. It got an astromech socket as well to use it.

The trivia page is broken, but the text is view able by checking out the page info btw.
>>
>>77415702
I zoom out of the entire films and just take the events as canon and not the film's interpretation/execution because I'd be an idiot to do otherwise.
>>
File: smile.jpg (36KB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
smile.jpg
36KB, 550x309px
>>77419872
heh.
>>
>>77417425
Age surely did change him, but his ego went pretty bad too since everyone always complimented him for Star Wars when it only happened because of the team he had.
>>
File: clone-wars5x01_0499.jpg (112KB, 1916x812px) Image search: [Google]
clone-wars5x01_0499.jpg
112KB, 1916x812px
>>77421703
None.

>>77421729
>a character created only to suffer is not entertaining
You're wrong, because Savage was entertaining to watch.
>>
>>77419636
This.
>>
>>77418460
It's really a small person wearing a disguise.
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 166x226px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 166x226px
>>77421855
Im not sorry
>>
>>77422017
I don't think George has ever had a big ego.
>>
File: SlaveI-SWE.png (1MB, 1512x1736px) Image search: [Google]
SlaveI-SWE.png
1MB, 1512x1736px
>>77414325
>>
>>77418471
>Lucas kept just enough in to go either way up to Jedi
That's some grade A delusion.
>>
>>77421986
That potato-headed cück is the problem I'm talking about wrought in human form. He is like the Antichrist of cinema.
>>
>>77422182
>I don't know what a capital ship is
>>
File: 1439239828606.jpg (1MB, 4096x1716px) Image search: [Google]
1439239828606.jpg
1MB, 4096x1716px
>>77422182
Do you know what a capital ship is, anon?

>>77414325
I'm really liking the design of the new Star Destroyers, specifially the Finalizer since it's the only one we currently know of
>>
>>77422189
>kiss on the cheek for luck in ANH
>kiss on the lips to spite Han in ESB
>both before they had the slightest inkling they were related

That's it. I mean I'm not saying Lucas planned it that way, cause that's obviously not true. But in the actual finished films it fortunately wasn't blatant. In retrospect Luke just seems to have an adrenaline-fueled farmboy crush in ANH.
>>
File: images.jpg (20KB, 589x250px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
20KB, 589x250px
>>77414325
>>
File: starwarsV_5421.jpg (132KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
starwarsV_5421.jpg
132KB, 1920x816px
>>77422411
>>
>Using spoiler tags for officially revealed information

Holy fuck this is some retardation. You can see it on the fucking poster too.
>>
Han and Leia were going full make out session and she said she loved him in ESB
>>
File: imperial Venator.jpg (1MB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
imperial Venator.jpg
1MB, 1920x816px
>>77414325
>>
>>77422556
The Venator looks so sexy in Imperial Grey. I hope we see it pop up in Rebels eventually, Imperial or otherwise.
>>
>>77422371

Back in the days of the Decipher Star Wars CCG they made a card out of the ESB kiss. I believe the card was called "This is just wrong".
>>
File: L3I8T4f.jpg (49KB, 718x479px) Image search: [Google]
L3I8T4f.jpg
49KB, 718x479px
So Daniel Fleetwood(the Star Wars fan with cancer who got to see TFA recently before dying) will be cremated and his ashes will go inside of this urn
>>
Here is the situation set up between The Resistance and The First Order for The Force Awakens.

Empire is in fact dead and the New Rupublic rules most of the galaxy. The Imperial remnant becomes The First Order and holds desperately onto the small portion of the galaxy that they hold. The New Republic doesn't want to fight any more wars so they decide to grant them their small portion of the galaxy and be done with it.

The Resistance are filled with people that live in both the First Order territories and those that are from the New Republic and disagree with allowing them to be. They try to get the senate to listen but they don't fucking give a damn, so they're left no choice but to attack the First Order and liberate the territories themselves.

The End
>>
Man, I like the concept of the Starkiller base, it's what the Death Star should have "realistically" been, a huge planetary installation instead of starting out with a moon-sized space station.

>>77422794
at least he can't post spoilers
>>
>>77422794
they should turn his ashes into a diamond and use it to power the first real lightsaber
>>
>At Walgreens with dad.
>He's looking at those Star Wars goblets with hot chocolate mix, had gotten me a few of the others past couple of years.
>Grabs a Boba Fett one
>"Anon, we don't have R2-D2, right?"
>>
>>77422803
So.....it's a rebellion against an empire with a superweapon?
>>
>>77422831
>yfw disney killed him after showing the movie
>>
So I initially thought the Hondo episode was sort of funny but on a rewatch it's really sad.

Like this guy was once on top of the underground world to the point where Jedi and Sith came to him but then now he's got like no friends at all, nobody to talk to, a bounty on his head and literally running broke. He has nobody to talk to and nobody who cares about him. It's an episode about an old guy still trying to be the same old badass as he was before but desperately needing someone to be his friend
>>
>>77422794
One question, would this be used as a Jedi's weapon or a Sith's?
>>
File: 1333694201838.gif (828KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
1333694201838.gif
828KB, 200x189px
>>77422867
oh shit
>>
>>77422874
Well that's Darth Vader's lightsaber, so.....
>>
>>77422843
It's nice to see fett's memory dying out. Hopefully they really did cancel the fett solo movie like rumors suggest.
>>
>>77422831
>"That's no planet"
I wonder who's going to say that when the good guys see it for the first time?

>it's what the Death Star should have "realistically" been
No, the Death Star was perfect the way it was.
>>
>>77419205
Did Backstroke of the west ever get a full dub?
>>
>>77422853
They control under 5% of the galaxy.

To say it's an Empire is pretty nuts.
>>
>>77422867
>tfw a cabal of fans steal the urn and inhale the ashes
>They get visions with spoilers contained within.
>>
File: Dabba Fucking Doo.jpg (78KB, 774x567px) Image search: [Google]
Dabba Fucking Doo.jpg
78KB, 774x567px
>>77422853
>"Lucas missed what was so great about the original trilogy with the prequels He made a different story, with a totally different feel."
>"We're not going to make the same mistake, we'll make the same story again, and try our damnedest to make it have the exact same feel!"
>>
>>77422867
>>77422889
>Commander Donald, the time has come. Execute Order 66.
>>
>>77422960
Do you know how big 5% of an entire galaxy is?
>>
>>77422930
The Fett movie has always just been bullshit rumors.

The fact that a standalone Solo movie is confirmed instead should be enough evidence that Fett is not going to headline a movie.

Will he be in one? You bet your ass he will, they're going to milk him for sure. But will there ever be a movie where he is the protagonist? I don't see it.
>>
>>77422794
Just wait until some younger relative thinks it's a toy and starts spraying grandpa's ashes all over the living room.
>>
>>77422969
That makes me mad.
>>
>>77422958
Yes, but it was chopped up into twenty parts and some of them are missing.
>>
>>77422831
>it's what the Death Star should have "realistically" been
You're insane if you think hollowing out a planet somehow is feasible compared to a station constructed in space.
>>
>>77422056
Then you're a sadistic person that uses fictional characters to outlet you need to see people suffer.
>>
>>77422960
And apparently the New Republic is so inept they can't even get rid of such a small organization. How shit is this new Galaxy going to be? It seems to already be making the same mistakes as the old one, going by this.
>They try to get the senate to listen but they don't fucking give a damn
>>
>>77422969
I fucking hate Simon Pegg and that comment.

>>77423008
Exactly. It was even confirmed false soon after it began circulating. I don't understand how people(or one guy in denial) in this thread still believe it's an actual thing.
>>
>>77422853
Yes because nothing ever changes in that universe.
>>
>>77422930
Not cancelled entirely. Just pushed to 2020
>>
>>77422997
Not an empire when 90% of is controlled by the New Republic
>>
>>77422967
No, you fertilize weed with the ashes and smoke it to see the spoilers.
>>
>>77422930
There was never a Fett movie to begin with.
>>
>>77423048
Tthe senate was of the opinion that they can't possibly harm the republic so sending people to go and die is foolish.

So they let them sit and fester so that they can gather the power to harm the republic.

It's genius, really.
>>
>>77422969
>with the prequels He made a different story, with a totally different feel.

It's funny cause that's one of the things I like about the prequels. I thought George was very successful with his visual pottery. It kept everything feeling like Star Wars but allowed him to craft a sort of mirror of the OT with its own distinct attributes as well.

I recognize I am in a minority here but it always rubs me the wrong way that Star Wars fans just want everything to stay the same.
>>
>>77423149
I'm with you mate
>>
>>77423059
>the french empire wasn't an empire because the british empire was bigger
>the holy roman empire wasn't an empire because the mongol empire was bigger
>>
>>77423149
I'm with ya too, bud.
>>
>>77423149
>>77423170
Dat bait
>>
>>77423057
This franchise is literally called "Star Wars"? What do you people actually expect?
If I was in charge of the First Order, the first thing I would do is try to build another superweapon that is bigger and badder than the useless Death Stars.
>>
>>77423059
Do you know what an Empire is?
>>
>>77423203
What are you talking about?
>>
>>77423203
Fuck off
>>
>>77423173
Buddy, they're an ORDER which is why they have KNIGHTS

You're dumb as shit!
>>
File: 1336529264103.png (186KB, 360x429px) Image search: [Google]
1336529264103.png
186KB, 360x429px
>>77423204
>It's Star Wars! Just sit back and accept your boring rehash like I have!

Why do people think like this?
>>
>>77423239
What.
>>
File: starwarsIII_2715.jpg (363KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
starwarsIII_2715.jpg
363KB, 1920x1080px
>>77423227
He's one of those people who assumes anyone who likes the prequels is baiting.
>>
>>77423234
>>77423227
>>77423149
You're dumb as shit.

They want it to be GOOD like the OT. Not a copy of it. The PT were big budget and no soul.
>>
>>77417334
Because it's his fucking story and he has the right to tell it the way he wants to.

>>77417425

Nope. Same guy. It's just the fanbase is extremely toxic and incredibly negative
>>
>>77423276
Nice opinion.

And yes, they're copying the OT, they're not even lying about that.
>>
>>77423285
>sells Star Wars to Disney for a shit load of cash
>still gets drunk and shitposts on 4chan

The state of Jorge.
>>
>>77423077
According to Collider it was Trank's
>>
>>77418111

Shooting things. Should be fairly obvious. What did you think they should do, mix daiquiris?
>>
>>77423273
>Not knowing the first thing about the First Order yet talking about them.

>>77423285
Nah, he's definitely changed. If you look over the years at his interviews he doesn't give credit to others at all. Which is why 1-3 didn't go so well since he had nobody to tell him what was a bad idea and for him to change things. Everybody was a yes-man around him.
>>
>>77418224

Shadows of the Empire was always canon. Lucas himself stated it
>>
>>77423313
We've got enough changes that it'll be fine, I think having a death star-like superweapon and a trench run in the movie are lame myself but plenty of other things seem different.

I'm sure we won't see Starkiller 2 in the third film.
>>
>>77423274
Coruscant would be a cool place to visit but I sure as shit would hate to live there.

>>77423276
Look man I'm just saying that many of the different aspects that people dislike about the PT (like the art direction for new locations, or the heavily flawed characters) are things that I like about them.
>>
>>77423149
Well see, I think the prequels are kind of a mess, but you can kind of see how they were an extension of Lucas's style and sense of creativity, as childish as it often was. The planets for instance.

In the original trilogy you had
>Desert planet
>Ice planet
>Gloomy swamp planet
>city-in-the-clouds planet
>forest moon

A trend the prequels continued with
>City planet
>oceans-through-the-entire-planet planet
>volcanic planet
>rainy ocean planet
>(tell me if I missed anything)

So what do we see in this new movie?
>Desert planet
>Ice planet
>snowy forest planet that looks a lot like forest-moon

This is exactly what I was worried about when I heard JJ was taking over. The man doesn't have an inventive bone in his body. He takes concepts from other things, and rarely improves on them in very meaningful ways, often simply serving them up straight or just mashing up in slightly new ways. As a filmmaker I find him to be usually technically competent but creatively boring.
>>
File: yep.png (438KB, 720x528px) Image search: [Google]
yep.png
438KB, 720x528px
>>77423331
Read my post you fucking mongoloid.

They said it wasn't an empire because the New Republic is larger, I gave historical examples of smaller empires existing along significantly larger ones. Never once did I say it was an empire.
>>
>>77423276
>Not a copy of it.

Except 95% of the movie is either rehashing OT storylines or designs. It is trying to be a copy.

>The PT were big budget and no soul.
Uhh, there was plenty of soul in them. Plenty of soul went into making them too, if you bother to watch the behind-the-scenes.

>>77423324
Trank was only confirmed to be directing a spinoff. The subject of the spinoff was never announced. People assumed it would be a Boba Fett one, but that was only unsourced rumors or speculation.

>>77423347
It's no longer canon though. Was wiped with the rest of the EU.
>>
>>77421180
>out of hyperspace early
You would probably end up being light years off course. Are you not understanding the scale of space?
>>
It's pretty annoying how the "fans" here think people want the films to be copies of the original films and not simply wonderful adventures with heart and soul like them, something we didn't really experience with the prequels despite their attempts due to the poor dialogue, awful emotional displays and absurd character interactions.
>>
>>77423423

Yeah, it's really bringing this place down ATM
>>
What's with all the hate for Boba Fett now? Is it because of the onslaught of Mando tards we got thanks to Traviss? He used to be a pretty popular character.
>>
>>77422960
>They control under 5% of the galaxy.
>To say it's an Empire is pretty nuts.

They control a rich section of the Galaxy and have the man-power and strength to create a Planet sized Death Star that can apparently kill entire star systems, and have a functioning Army and Navy. Saying they're too small to become a threat is what got the New Republic in this mess they're in now.
>>
>>77423399
>It's no longer canon though.

Give it a few months. It'll be back.
>>
File: 63-img-30.jpg (382KB, 2774x1400px) Image search: [Google]
63-img-30.jpg
382KB, 2774x1400px
>>77423423
Amen.
>>
>>77423149
>It kept everything feeling like Star Wars

Not at all, the prequels felt totally different. Part of what made the OT so enjoyable was the fact that the heroes were underdogs, so we wanted them to succeed against this powerful Empire. It added a lot of tension to the whole conflict. The prequels lacked tension since the enemy forces were weaker than the republic and they were never really depicted as a real threat anyway. The new trilogy feels more like the OT again and that's much better from a storytelling perspective, no matter how "unoriginal" it might seem to you.
>>
>>77414257
It always bugged me how 99% of the aliens in Star Wars have human hands and feet.
>>
>>77423423
That's why you frequent two Star Wars threads anon.

When this places gets filled with the Lucas Defense Force you head to /tg/, when they get too "FUCK EVERYTHING ABOUT THE PREQUELS" you come here.
>>
>>77423476

Aliens in SF bug me in general until I realized that Star Wars is not SF
>>
>>77423459
Not really, WMDs make anybody a threat. If you understood what went on with nuclear weapons you'd realize the schematics themselves are actually the only thing stopping terrorists and crazies from actually using them, not the resources.
>>
File: 1323302426195.gif (2MB, 421x384px) Image search: [Google]
1323302426195.gif
2MB, 421x384px
>>77423423
I don't care what the new movies are like, I don't care if they're good or bad, I'm just excited for new Star Wars.

It's like I'm 12 years old all over again
>>
>>77419434

Isn't it odd how thousands of years separate KOTOR and Episode One yet starships and technology didnt advance one single solitary bit between them?
>>
File: 1323302426193.gif (3MB, 258x339px) Image search: [Google]
1323302426193.gif
3MB, 258x339px
>>77423514
>>
File: 14409500471314.jpg (10KB, 214x140px) Image search: [Google]
14409500471314.jpg
10KB, 214x140px
Did anyone realize that once the Force Awakens comes out the PT vs OT will be crushed. I guarantee the are going to be OT vs ST.

After over 10 years the prequel bashing will cease and a new cycle will continue.

>i'mgladitsover.jpg
>>
>>77423506
What are you talking about? That had nothing to do with what I said at all.

I'm saying that underestimating the size of the First Order is a big mistake.
>>
>>77423423
>It's pretty annoying how the "fans" here think people want the films to be copies of the original films and not simply wonderful adventures with heart and soul like them

But too often people think those things have to go hand and hand. And the OT is great, and there are plenty of spinoffs, so I don't think people should hate on the prequels solely for trying something different.

>something we didn't really experience with the prequels despite their attempts due to the poor dialogue, awful emotional displays and absurd character interactions

Well I would argue that the prequels are supposed to be rather bleak, with heavily flawed, hypocritical characters. I mean it's basically a tragedy, all the major players are fools played against each other by Palpatine. So you can't really tell the story and have that underdog heart and soul of the OT (Phantom Menace is closest to that). They're two different stories.

At the same time, I won't argue that in many ways George failed to deliver on his vision for the prequels. They have bad dialogue, ramshod editing, and The Phantom Menace is particularly convoluted. But I still appreciate what he was going for, and he always wanted to do it even back in the 70s.

>>77423471
>The prequels lacked tension since the enemy forces were weaker than the republic and they were never really depicted as a real threat anyway

There is no tension in the war itself because the war is a sham engineered to cripple the republic and destroy the Jedi.
>>
>>77423406

>>77423423
I just want them to be good Star Wars films, that's it. I don't want copies of the OT.

Also, 90% of the dialogue in the prequels is no worse than the OT, the emotional displays(I'm assuming you're referring to Anakin) were actually pretty accurate for someone who's been told to repress their emotions for 10 years straight since age 9. I didn't find any of the character interactions absurd either, at least no worse than the OT.

>>77423456
What are you talking about? We've just been saying he doesn't have a spinoff.

>>77423460
Nope, they're not gonna recanonize entire books/games/etc.

>>77423471
It doesn't have to be about underdog heroes to be "Star Wars". You're wanting a carbon copy of the OT.

The prequels were telling a much different story than the OT.

>>77423476
That's just how SW aliens work. They're primarily humanoid in appearance.

>>77423534
That's this thing called BioWare being lazy fucks and not being creative and going with the aesthetic that Tales of the Jedi established.
>>
>>77414257
Can you please stop creating generals with these terrible feet?

Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>77423471
>Part of what made the OT so enjoyable was the fact that the heroes were underdogs, so we wanted them to succeed against this powerful Empire
>The prequels lacked tension since the enemy forces were weaker than the republic and they were never really depicted as a real threat anyway
>The new trilogy feels more like the OT again and that's much better from a storytelling perspective

Grade A example of somebody wanting everything to stay the same. You're hating the prequels not for their execution but literally because it's a different kind of story.
>>
>>77423563
It'll be PT vs OT vs ST in a triple threat match.
>>
>>77423563
More like PT vs ST. Some prequel fans are already triggered by this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTNJ51ghzdY
>>
>>77423603
Seriously. I'm a very slight footfag but I don't see how anyone could fap to these terrible photoshops. That Ahsoka one last thread was worse
>>
>>77423631
For only $9.99.
>>
>>77423387
This. Lucas was always trying to show something new. JJ ain't doing that at all.
>>
>>77423636
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7HgqBbCTjU
>>
File: image.gif (5KB, 892x52px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
5KB, 892x52px
>>77422997
For those who dont:
>The Milky Way is a barred spiral galaxy that has a diameter usually considered to be about 100,000–120,000 light-years, but may be 150,000–180,000 light-years
Now the 2 dimensional area of, oh let's pick the middle, a diameter 150,000 light years would be...70,685,834,705.77 square-light-years.
70.7 billion light years is...Jesus...
415,535,541,427,354,061,051,735.86 Miles...
415.5 sextillion square miles.
Now 5%...
That's 20.8 sextillion square miles.
....so you know I feel like that's a big enough chunk of real estate to call an empire.
And fuck space, it's too big for almost any online calculator to work it's distances with.
And to think people doubt there's other life in this incomprehensibly large universe. I mean calculating the size of the GALAXY brought up numbers too big to have human context for. When does 415 sextillion ever come up in your day to day life? It's almost a meaningless number at that point. And this is just one on a cloud of galaxies, in a thread of Galaxy clusters, where it's linked to thousands of other Galaxy cluster threads.
I mean fuck. If a human on the earth is like an atom on an apple, the Galaxy is an atom on the sun
>>
>>77423631
This is like the Torah vs the Bible vs the Koran. Good thing Star Wars fans arent in the beheading business.
>>
>>77423471
>Not at all, the prequels felt totally different. Part of what made the OT so enjoyable was the fact that the heroes were underdogs, so we wanted them to succeed against this powerful Empire. It added a lot of tension to the whole conflict. The prequels lacked tension since the enemy forces were weaker than the republic and they were never really depicted as a real threat anyway. The new trilogy feels more like the OT again and that's much better from a storytelling perspective, no matter how "unoriginal" it might seem to you.
Is this bait? You're practically saying "I was disappointed the prequels told a different story than the originals, and I'm glad JJ is going to tell the same story again." Of course a series about the fall of a Republic isn't going to have an underdog feel. It's going to have a feeling of something being corrupted or falling into the dark oppressive state the Empire had established at the beginning of "Star Wars". The prequels were often poorly acted, with misjudged use of special effects, and laughable fanservice elements, but your argument seems to boil down to a criticism based on "Not muh Star Wars."
>>
>>77423534
The idea is that tech boomed to a point where it more or less can't expand further without bankrupting people and that this state of development has been around for so long that so many alternative technological trees have emerged that others have been lost completely for various cultural/financial/practical reasons and become lost technologies.

You could probably bring up Rey in this because he is simply too poor to leave Jakku. Money makes the world go round and all this technology out there is meaningless to her since she can't afford to use it.
>>
>>77423692
Most of those sextillions of miles are literally empty space with absolutely nothing in them, though.
>>
>>77423583
>The prequels were telling a much different story than the OT.

A story that was despised by many people. I'm not saying by everyone, but the OT is far less controversial. Any director who isn't completely braindead would orientate himself towards the OT not the controversial PT when making a new Star Wars movie.
>>
File: _1403648099.jpg (126KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
_1403648099.jpg
126KB, 600x600px
>>77423665
So new! So original!

Kill yourself
>>
>>77423583
>Also, 90% of the dialogue in the prequels is no worse than the OT, the emotional displays(I'm assuming you're referring to Anakin) were actually pretty accurate for someone who's been told to repress their emotions for 10 years straight since age 9. I didn't find any of the character interactions absurd either, at least no worse than the OT.

You must be very young or joking. None of the other Jedi act in such embarrassing fashion as Anakin, the reason he acts the way he does is because he's got emotional issues that the Jedi surely helped. Had he been left on Tatooine he would have grown to be a thug.

And Jedi are only supposed to make sure their emotions don't cloud their judgment, not turn them off completely.
>>
File: 1424586669162.jpg (143KB, 700x750px) Image search: [Google]
1424586669162.jpg
143KB, 700x750px
>tfw you will never impregnate Sabine
>>
>>77423770
>Any director who isn't completely braindead would orientate himself towards the OT not the controversial PT when making a new Star Wars movie.
Or, you know, he could actually trust his imaginations and the imaginations of his writers and make something new and exciting.
>>
>>77423583
>Also, 90% of the dialogue in the prequels is no worse than the OT

You're unfit to say anything to be blunt.
>>
>>77423476
It's just easier to give a guy a mask and some make-up than create some overly complicated alien.
>>
>>77423563
>yfw the PT vs OT vs ST war begins
>>
File: 300190-product-feature.jpg (92KB, 990x600px) Image search: [Google]
300190-product-feature.jpg
92KB, 990x600px
>>77421729
>But the problem is that the character itself has no purpose

Keep watching. If you really care so much about him, things do get better for him before they get much worse towards the end. He finds his purpose, only to realize that his own interests and well being weren't exactly in line with those of his final Master, turning him back into a sympathetic character in his final moments. Savage's journey is about finding purpose, only to be dragged by the collar at every turn he makes, getting into battles way out of his depth and not exactly of his choosing or . It's kind of what you're in for when you involve yourself with the Sith, knowingly or otherwise. And that's what makes him interesting, silly name aside.
>>
>>77423838
Then people would complain about it not staying true to the original. You can't please everyone, but judging by the reactions to the trailers, most people seem to like JJ's direction.
>>
>>77423702
>but your argument seems to boil down to a criticism based on "Not muh Star Wars."

And that's basically my problem with the Plinkett reviews and the shadow they've cast over this fandom. They're funny as shit, and Mike makes some good points. When he's right he's right, and I won't disagree. But too often he strays into nitpicking or criticizing things based on what he thinks Star Wars is and at those times it kind of comes across as "not muh Star Wars."

I have a theory that this is a view commonly held by people for whom the OT was a really big influence in their childhood. But my dad for instance was a grown man when the OT came out and he didn't hate the prequels. The bad acting and writing, sure, but not the art direction or the story. He actually really liked those aspects. The royal starship and the podracers were among his favorite Star Wars vessels. And he was a huge Star Wars fan, he used the movies frequently as material in his classes.

Anyway I just worry sometimes that the subjective aspects of Plinkett's reviews have been taken as gospel by some of his viewers.
>>
>>77423833
Put a paper bag over that face
>>
>>77423838
>and make something new and exciting.
Which is what we're getting.

>Knights of Ren

>Secret children of the Solos
(This is probably new to the film group since they probably know barely anything about the EU)

>Two battle capable normies instead of 1 and a half
Yes, Finn is just a normal guy if you people haven't figured that out yet.

>Force Wielding Leia

Sure, sure. Superweapon and a trench run to kill it is dumb to repeat but maybe they'll surprise us.
>>
>>77423833
Thank god, I don't want my kid being raised by Mando scum.
>>
>>77423905
"Savage Opress" isn't any worse than "General Grievous".
>>
>>77423799
>2 minor characters look similar
>what is visual pottery

He's talking about the story and overall art direction, doofus.
>>
>>77423941
>One and a half
>Chewie still considered a pet

I'm okay with this. He was supposed to be a dog originally after all.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 300x295px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 300x295px
>>77423751
"Empty"
There's gas clouds of almost random composition, fields of asteroids that could each have as much of one element as there is on an entire planet (the bigger ones at least, there's possibly asteroids in our solar system with more gold or silicon than we have on earth), there's powerful energies of who fucking knows radiating from god knows where, dark matter, dark energy, charged solar particles fluttering around, et fucking cetera. Space is as empty as the ocean. It only looks empty, there's more inane and insane shit going on than the average person would ever care to know about. Thank goodness this site ain't exactly for them.
>mfw at any moment a gamma ray burst from a dying star could randomly fry earth or the solar system, without even needing a direct hit so long as it's "close" enough, or a phase shit could just happen at any random moment, and the structure of reality just changes
Not enough space games remember that everything about space is horrifyingly perilous to anything alive.
>>
>>77423770
Any director who isn't completely braindead would come up with an original story instead of ripping basically everything from the OT.

Also, I don't thin people hated the story of the prequels, they just hated other aspects. Most of the time I see people cite it as a better part of the films.

>>77423799
Jango is literally Boba's father. It establishes where Boba got the idea to wear the armor of a warrior culture he isn't a part of.

>>77423803
>None of the other Jedi act in such embarrassing fashion as Anakin
None of the other Jedi grew up with their mothers for 9 years before being torn away from them.

>Had he been left on Tatooine he would have grown to be a thug.
Had he been left on Tatooine he would have grown up with his mother still and been a normally functioning human being.

>>77423846
Why? Because it's true? Other than the meme lines everyone cites, the prequels have relatively fine dialogue. Plenty of memorable lines like the OT.

>>77423908
TFA could have been a little more original in its ship designs and people still would have gone crazy. Instead of "LOOK TIE FIGHTERS AND X-WINGS" people would go "WOAH LOOK AT THAT WHAT SHIP IS THAT IT LOOKS SO COOL!?!"

>>77423833
That image was so great until I got to the face.
>>
>>77423751
My own very rough calculations give around 6*10^9 stars in 5% of the milky way.
>>
>>77423941
Also they said quite clearly that we'd be going deep into the dark side and how it works and seemingly its very source...which is brave new territory that might actually be really bad, like midichlorians level bad.
>>
>>77423799
I've always preferred Jango's shiny blue armor over Boba's filthy, worn out shit.
>>
>>77424005
But midi-chlorians aren't bad unless you're one of those autismos who think they're The Force.
>>
>>77423992
I can't take idiocy of this magnitude!
>>
>>77423908
They like it for this movie. It will probably be well recieved too. We've got 3 of these things to get through though. At some point, JJ's going to have to put something markedly NEW into the series, otherwise we'll get Episode 9 where the resistance has to take on a second starkiller base.
>>
>>77423985
>mfw at any moment a gamma ray burst from a dying star could randomly fry earth or the solar syste
It's exciting to think of all the shit in the universe. Don't be scared that's fucking hardcore. How many dead worlds and solar systems you think are out there? PLanets like ours that never got a chance?
>>
I think the shitty thing is most people that like the prequels, even a little bit, probably like the OT as much if not more. Like there probably are not many people (at least in these threads) that like the prequels but hate the OT.

But the OT diehards just refuse to accept them, even if they think the prequels sucked. They can't believe that somebody could possibly like what they don't like.

Just chill out dudes, we're all Star Wars fans.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDd9EcJxnb4

Cool, our first look at the forest planet we've been seeing from space
>>
>>77424033
JJ is only directing VII and stays as executive producer. Rian Johnson and Colin Trevorrow are the directors of VIII and IX.
>>
>>77424060
THIS
>>
>>77424020
Let's go over some facts with you.

They're countless TINY PEOPLE (essentially) that live inside you and tell you what the Force wants because you can't possibly know without them, they're also the TINY PEOPLE responsible for creating all life.

And the reason they're called TINY PEOPLE is that...get this...THEY'RE ALL FULLY SAPIENT, YEP, THEY'RE ESSENTIALLY A WORLD OF PEOPLE LIVING IN YOUR CELLS THAT LITERALLY TALK TO YOU, NOT FIGURATIVELY, THEY HAVE CONVERSATIONS WITH THEMSELVES AND YOU

It's stupid. Which is why JJ has essentially removed them completely and they make no mention in the films. They're dumb and you're dumb for liking hem.
>>
>>77424020
They are bad because they were totally unnecessary. Lucas created them to establish how much potential Anakin has without having to show it to the audience instead. It's just bad writing.
>>
File: vader[1].jpg (52KB, 383x263px) Image search: [Google]
vader[1].jpg
52KB, 383x263px
>>77424087
>All this being canon

NOOOOOOOOOOOo

Stop, please stop I can't bare it anymore
>>
>>77424052
Oh don't misunderstand, I'm right there with you. It's like being on a roller coaster right before the big drop, terrifying, exciting, and invigorating. Maybe one day we'll get to see a GRB hit a star and see what happens. Probably something big and really radioactive.
>>
>>77415848
Yes. Theoretically.
>>
>>77424020
I don't really think it's good, even if you do realize Midichlorians aren't the force. I can understand the desire to explain why Luke being Anakin's son is significant for his ability to use the force, but that doesn't have to be explained with space-germs in his body that sound like mitochondria and make it so that he is able to use the force. In the original Star Wars, it seemed more like the force was just there, and you could tap into it if you had faith in it, and really intended to use it. What seemed to separate Luke's ability to use it and Han's lack seemed more about mindset than biology. The Prequels then went and said, "nope, you can be a jedi if you've got the special jedi germs."
>>
>>77424087
Hidden, no thanks. I have enough nightmares about midichlorians as it is.
>>
>>77423964
General Grievous actually works because it's a title. Barring the EU, we don't really have any indication of a past name for him. Savage Opress is actually a name that some random bounty hunters pick at in a cantina Asajj hangs out in.
>>
>>77424087
I can't tell who's fucking around and who's sperging out. Then there's the space existentialist shit going on.
Good ole /swr/
>>
>>77424087
DNA?
>>
>>77424060
Nothing wrong with liking or even preferring the prequels, but don't pretend they are good in any way. You're just embarrassing yourself by defending bad movies.
>>
>>77424020
It's not that they're bad it's that they're "who even asked for this?"
>>
>>77424087

This post killed my mother and raped my father.

It contains far too much of that "Prequel Trilogy goodness" that shit eaters in these threads love to eat up.
>>
>>77424087
I mean Lucas didn't mention them again after Episode 1. They're really a footnote in the grand scheme of things.

>>77424105
Nah, I mean, you see how Anakin is strong in the Force because he's a 9 year old mechanical prodigy and the only human who can podrace. The midichlorians don't serve that purpose, they're supposed to be another element of that symbiotic shtick Lucas was trying to weave throughout Phantom Menace but he just completely failed to make it deliver.
>>
>>77424154
>but don't pretend they are good in any way. You're just embarrassing yourself by defending bad movies

See now you went full retard. People like you are the problem, instead of having intelligent discourse about what you like or don't like you just present your opinion as fact and expect everyone to agree with you.
>>
File: I didn't ask for this.jpg (178KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
I didn't ask for this.jpg
178KB, 1920x1080px
>>77424155
>who even asked for this
I didn't.
>>
Are there more feet pics?
>>
>>77424060
Fucking this, goddamn. We like the Prequels but also accept and examine their flaws while also loving the Originals. The only difference is that we don't needlessly slander Lucas and the work that went into them, especially when we have no real hands-on experience of what working on them were like barring a few out of context Behind the Scenes clips
>>
>>77424060
I like the OT but I love the prequels. Mostly because the OT feels to small-scale to me. The prequels really upped the ante by showing us so much more of the galaxy.

>>77424087
Well when you describe it like that of course it's going to sound stupid.

Let's use the actual canon description instead.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Midi-chlorian/Canon

>Midi-chlorians are microscopic, intelligent lifeforms that live within the cells of all living beings. The Force speaks through the midi-chlorians, allowing certain beings to use the Force if they are sensitive enough to its powers. Midi-chlorian counts, used to determine a being's potential in the Force, could be tested by examining a subject's blood. The highest known midi-chlorian count—over 20,000—belonged to Anakin Skywalker, the Chosen One who was believed to have been conceived by the midi-chlorians.

>According to legend, midi-chlorians originated on a planet in the heart of the galaxy, from which life was also said to have emerged. The midi-chlorians played a role in eternal consciousness; as all living beings generated the Living Force, it fed into the Cosmic Force and communicated through the midi-chlorians, allowing a being who had the knowledge to manifest themselves after death.

>>77424132
>In the original Star Wars, it seemed more like the force was just there, and you could tap into it if you had faith in it, and really intended to use it.
That was never a thing. Fans just assumed that was how it work, but none of the OT implies that anyone can use the Force.

Luke literally says it's biological in RotJ when he talks about how the Force is strong in his family.

The prequels only established that there was a way to test for Force sensitivity in cases where it's not entirely clear, like Anakin.

>>77424176
They were literally mentioned in one of the best scenes of RotS though and in TCW.
>>
File: 56056626.jpg (99KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
56056626.jpg
99KB, 400x400px
>>77424087
It's always painful when bad things happen to what you love.
>>
>>77424252
Hopefully not
>>
>>77424252
There is/was a good Ezra one on the booru in the OP.
>>
File: 1445907150352.webm (891KB, 296x360px) Image search: [Google]
1445907150352.webm
891KB, 296x360px
>>77424112
>mfw imagining all this
>>
>>77424280
>Let's use the actual canon description instead.
That's saying what he said only adding other stuff to it. It doesn't diminish the stupidity of it...what is wrong with you?
>>
>>77424087
It's like you took Qui-Gon's vague explanation literally and as the only explanation of their being
>>
>>77424280
>They were literally mentioned in one of the best scenes of RotS though

Oh right, the opera scene yeah? Forgot about that. Even then they aren't really the focus of that scene.

>>77424281
Oh don't be so dramatic.
>>
>>77424060
While I agree with most of what you said I can't believe there are people who like the prequels more than the OT.

The original trilogy IS Star Wars. Everything else only exists because of it. If it isn't your favourite set of SW works you can't really call yourself a fan.
>>
File: tips.jpg (541KB, 797x816px) Image search: [Google]
tips.jpg
541KB, 797x816px
>>77424060
>hating the OT
>>
>>77423149
Yeah Some Star Wars fans are stuck in such a rut. I'm with you 100% on this.
>>
>>77424334
This. I think they're brainwashed kids essentially that can't escape it, so they defend it irrationally. They grew up with it and can't accept that they liked something that was so mediocre.

If you're someone that's enjoyed plenty of different novels, films and comics you begin to understand there are differences in writing standards and quality.

The PT is awful compared to the OT.
>>
>>77424280
>Fans just assumed that was how it work, but none of the OT implies that anyone can use the Force.

Lucas himself said that everyone can use the force back then.

>George Lucas told Lawrence Kasdan that anyone can use the Force. It's just like doing yoga, Lucas told Kasdan during a marathon story conference. Or karate. "If you want to take the time to do it, you can do it." It just takes practice and concentration.
>>
>>77424280
>Luke literally says it's biological in RotJ when he talks about how the Force is strong in his family.

The Force is strong in his family in the same way martial arts is strong in the Gracie Family. Doesn't mean only Gracies can do martial arts.
>>
https://youtu.be/cnBLqD0j3Yg

Would you like some more TFA footage?
>>
NEW COMMERCIAL NIGGOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnBLqD0j3Yg
>>
>>77424385
Yeah, that always bothered me

>Force Sensitives
As mentioned, it should be something everyone has access to but is hard to do like bending was said to be in Avatar (Originally according to Bryke before they seem to have went full Lucas and backpedaled hard)

>Darth
It was his fucking name, not a title. I think it showed a severe lack of creativity to slap Darth onto everything. I'm hoping it's gone forever.

>Black Lightsabers

All dumb IMO and unnecessary.
>>
Do some of you guys still want someone to storytime the latest Chewbacca issue?
>>
>>77424498
I'm up for it
>>
>>77424498
Sure.
>>
>>77424495
I disagree, I think it's great that the Sith appointed themselves titles, it's one of their greatest differences with the Jedi. The latter see themselves as servants and protectors, the formers see themselves as rightful rulers.
>>
>>77424485
>>77424487

Better Quality:

https://youtu.be/27TiaemuExo
>>
>>77424519
>>77424527
Alright, next thread I'm dumping it.
>>
>>77424334
>I can't believe there are people who like the prequels more than the OT.
You can't believe people have differing opinions?

>The original trilogy IS Star Wars.
So is the PT. OT was just made first.

>Everything else only exists because of it.
That's like saying you can't believe people like Star Wars more than The Odyssey because The Odyssey came first.

>If it isn't your favourite set of SW works you can't really call yourself a fan.
You can't call yourself a fan because you like one part of a franchise better than the other? There are people who prefer the EU to the films. There are people who think KotOR is better than the OT. They're still fans because they still like Star Wars.

>>77424385
That never made it into the films though. In the entirety of the OT, nothing implies or states that anyone can learn to use The Force. RotJ directly states it's a biological thing.

It was quite obviously an abandoned idea of Lucas's. Just like the idea that lightsabers were heavy when that never was shown in the films, since luke was able to turn it on and hold it easily in Ben's hut.

>>77424483
Martial Arts is not the same as a mystical power that surrounds, penetrates, and binds the galaxy together. Anyone can train to become a martial artist as long as they have full use of their body.
>>
>>77424483
This. I can't be the only one who has always thought of Luke just saying something analogous to "my family has always been good at sports and you're good at sports too"
Doesn't mean that Leia is literally more powerful than anyone else in the galaxy due to her lineage.
>>
>>77424345
But he's saying that if you're a Star Wars fan (not just some dumbass who saw Attack of the Clones in the theater years ago as a kid) that likes the prequels it's very unlikely that you'll hate the OT, in fact you probably like the OT more. Doesn't mean you can't find things to like about the prequels and it certainly doesn't help that OT diehards never want to have a real discussion, they just want to repeat the same vague statements about quality and flame anyone who says the slightest positive thing about the prequels. It's really quite childish.

>>77424379
>I think they're brainwashed kids essentially that can't escape it, so they defend it irrationally. They grew up with it and can't accept that they liked something that was so mediocre

I can't tell if you're being serious or not but a snob could easily apply this to the OT as well. In fact I'm sure Alec Guinness said something similar.

Point is it's all relative.

>>77424385
I sort of agree, I like that it seemed to be an introspective thing you had to unlock, it reflected real-world practices of attaining enlightenment.

However, when you remember that nothing in Star Wars happens by accident, from a certain point of view you could say that anyone who learns to use the Force was meant to, and thus had it inside them all along.
>>
>>77424565
Was a vibroblade kinda thingamabob?
>>
>>77424539
...Knight IS a title, friend. So is master.

And they always had a title, the original information given out in 1977 said "The Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Vader"

Darth Darth Vader? Lol...no

...wait, oh God the seeds of Binks were there to begin with all along...
>>
>>77424495
>As mentioned, it should be something everyone has access to but is hard to do like bending was said to be in Avatar (Originally according to Bryke before they seem to have went full Lucas and backpedaled hard)

ATLA never outright said or implied that, it was only ever a behind the scenes thing. Bryke obviously changed their mind.

>It was his fucking name, not a title. I think it showed a severe lack of creativity to slap Darth onto everything. I'm hoping it's gone forever.
Vader was always a "Dark Lord of the Sith". It's perfectly fine to turn Darth into a title, especially since ANH is the only film to ever really imply it was his name.

>Black Lightsabers
you mean one black lightsaber that was ancient and could easily be the only one of its kind?
>>
>>77424626
Fair enough, what I meant is that Darth was eventually treated as the equivalent of "Lord" within Sith society, which I think it's pretty cool and appropiate, whereas Knight and Master are treated more like ranks.
>>
>>77424487
Who cares?
>>
I hate OT vs PT but its better than waifu faggoty
>>
>>77424606
Well Luke literally tells Leia that she has the power of The Force. He doesn't say "you can learn to use the Force just like I did". He specifies it as a power
>>
>>77424583
>They're still fans because they still like Star Wars.

Except they're not. Everything Star Wars is: an homage to the old planetary romances, a space opera, science fantasy, the hero's journey. All of it is best exemplified in the OT.

If they do not like the OT best then they are not fans of Star Wars, they are fans of something similar to Star Wars but not quite the real thing.

Sorry to break it to you. This isn't even a subjective matter, it's simply Lucas' vision.
>>
>>77424583
>Martial Arts is not the same as a mystical power that surrounds, penetrates, and binds the galaxy together

In Star Wars, it is though. It's exactly like that.

You are literally wrong in this matter.
>>
If anyone can use the Force then why was Luke so important?

Why didn't Obi-Wan and Yoda start a new secret Jedi academy?

Why didn't Obi-Wan start training Han and Chewbacca?

Why didn't Obi-Wan or Yoda tell Luke at some point that anyone can learn with enough training, instead of talking privately about how they have one other hope?

The OT is not as airtight as some people think.
>>
>>77424583
>RotJ directly states it's a biological thing.

No, it doesn't. See >>77424606
>>
File: FinnVsRiotTrooper.jpg (119KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
FinnVsRiotTrooper.jpg
119KB, 2560x1440px
>>77424623
You talking about the trooper armed with Grievous guards' staff?
>>
>>77424565
>Finn wielding the lightsaber against an electrostaff-wielding Stormtrooper in what looks like an open battlefield

Medieval aesthetic confirmed
>>
>>77424708
Because Vader just spent the last two decades killing other Force users. But Luke has an ace up his sleeve, being his son and all. Ben and Yoda were deliberately training him to kill his own father, betting that Vader would let him.
>>
>>77424623
I think that's the riot trooper's cattleprod
>>
>>77424739
>Because Vader just spent the last two decades killing other Force users

But Vader wasn't Luke's father in ANH.

>Ben and Yoda were deliberately training him to kill his own father, betting that Vader would let him
>betting that Vader would let him

Get your headcanon out of here.
>>
>>77424726
Oh, so that's what that was. All I got were blurry captures when I tried pausing there.
>>
>>77424609
>Point is it's all relative.
No, there is a certain level of quality that exists within film.

There's a reason that only the original trilogy was deemed to be worth preserving in the national film registry and not the prequel trilogy, if you would stop being so stubborn and defensive you could open up your mind.

How can you possibly be defending the garbage films that shat out that insanely awful interaction between Kenobi and Anakin at the end of Ep 3? Just...wow, that shit is EMBARRASSING TO WATCH. Anakin shouts whole bunch of fucking nonsense that can't possibly be believed...not even by himself! Yet it still happens.

People that aren't into fiction at all and aren't fanboys of even the smallest magnitude or caliber have enjoyed the original trilogy. People that even HATE such fantasy have fallen in love with it and consider it to be a tribute to what the heights of filmmaking can be.

All that isn't the prequels, that's for certain.
>>
>>77424768
And there are still people who hated the OT, such as Alec Guinness. People who would apply this very quote about the prequels to the OT:

>I think they're brainwashed kids essentially that can't escape it, so they defend it irrationally. They grew up with it and can't accept that they liked something that was so mediocre

So yes, it is all relative.
>>
>>77424704
>In Star Wars, it is though. It's exactly like that.
No it's not.

>>77424701
Anon, I hate to break it to you, but this isn't 1983 anymore. Star Wars isn't just 3 films and some subpar merchandise from Kenner.

This is 2015. Star Wars is a 6 film franchise(with more on the way) with hundreds of books, dozens of games, hundreds of comics, and merchandise everywhere.

In 1983, what you said would be true. In 2015, you're wrong. Star Wars is now a lot of things.
>>
>>77424768
>if you would stop being so stubborn and defensive you could open up your mind

oh my god the ironing
>>
>>77424708
The force is strong in Luke. Stronger than in anyone else probably. That doesn't mean that Han couldn't learn the ways of the force too.
The problem with the force being completely hereditary is that it is a very depressing concept and doesn't fit with Yoda's and Obi Wan's explanation of the force being "everywhere, even between the land and the ship" and "binding the whole galaxy together". Everyone should have the potential to use the force, not just some special snowflakes.
>>
>>77424701
And the Prequels aren't an homage to old planetary romances, a space opera, science fantasy, and a hero's journey (albeit one that ends up going up shit creek)?
>>
>>77424807
>No it's not.

Yes it is.
>>
>>77424768
This.

OT and PT are on different levels. You're honestly uncultured and an idiot if you can't see the giant gap between these films in terms of quality. People defending the PT are the same people back when firearms were taking over and said "nah, sword is still better" You're a fucking moron. Or someone that thinks The Little Engine That Could rivals the works of Shakespeare.
>>
>>77423833
feels bad man
>>
>>77424862
The shitposters are out in force tonight.
>>
New thread----------->>77424893
>>
>>77424807
>hundreds of books, dozens of games, hundreds of comics, and merchandise everywhere.

Lucas had a vision. He made six films based off of it. All six are Star Wars. He completely botched the execution of the prequels but the vision survived which is why a lot of the prequel
era stuff is so great.

Those hundreds of books etc no longer exist because they were not consistent with the vision, in fact they were all over the fucking place. The nucanon is explicity designed to keep things consistent, with each other and with the essence of Star Wars.

How are you not getting this?
>>
>>77424800
Guiness didn't hate the OT. He hated Star Wars fans because they only recognized him for his role as Obi Wan.
>>
>>77424816
You kidding?

People that dedicate their LIVES and work with all their soul toward writing of every kind have seen the OT for the amazing tale it is. People that actually understand this form of art have cried out for decades at how masterful the OT is.

But no, they're smallminded and can't see how the PT is any good?

Really? You're a fucking imbecile, for real.
>>
>>77424883
>>77424800
>>77424816
You lot are the people that said the works of Shakespeare, Da Vinci and Van Gogh were shit back when they were released. You honestly have no idea what you're talking about and aren't fit to broach the subject or give an opinion.
>>
>>77424831
>The problem with the force being completely hereditary is that it is a very depressing concept and doesn't fit with Yoda's and Obi Wan's explanation of the force being "everywhere, even between the land and the ship" and "binding the whole galaxy together".

The Force is in everyone. Not everyone can use it though. It's very simple.

In fact, the reference to it being hereditary/only some are force sensitive is mentioned twice.

When Yoda is dying, he tells Luke that The Force runs strong in his family.

Luke later repeats this to Leia when revealing he's her sister.

>>77424846
No it's not. In our world, anyone can learn a skill as long as they put the effort into it and aren't missing limbs, mentally disabled, or otherwise not a healthy human being.

In Star Wars, The Force is a magical power that, with training, can allow people who are sensitive to its powers to do extraordinary things. It is in every living and nonliving thing, it surrounds, penetrates, and binds the galaxy together.
>>
>>77424991
You know Shakespeare wrote plays for the plebs right?
>>
>>77424991
who the fuck cares about those old men and whatever stupid shit they did, im sure theyre shit, the prequles are tons better than the ot man like for real yo
>>
>>77425018
You know he didn't have a choice, right? You weren't allowed to just go and present yourself at court because you though you could write well for them.

>Hey, I've got this work I'd like to share with you. No, you don't know who I am. I...I don't know who let me in here...oh...executed? Now, you say? Oh...okay...
>>
I don't see how you guys like the OT so much, you can tell how stuff is models and even sort of see the wires of stuff. At least the effects in the PT are all CG and high tech. Also the lightsaber fights are way cooler than in the OT
>>
File: 1444691470602.gif (2MB, 500x433px) Image search: [Google]
1444691470602.gif
2MB, 500x433px
>>77425205
>>77425036
>>
>>77425339
Prequels where different types of movies to the OT. GL once said "Never make the same film twice" Hence why the prequels aren't the copy paste OT fanboys wanted. The dialogue is just as cardboard as the OT sometimes awkward but it matters little because it's supposed to feel like a golden age pulp sci fi fairytale with cheesy dialogue and unrealistic romance. People just don't get this. It's great escapism and I love the way george tried to capture classic cinema, especially in episode two with a shitload of movie references a film buff like me loves. The prequels are movies movies. And so are the originals. I love them both for that warts and all.
>>
My biggest complaint with REBELS is that they didnt have slightly different TIE Fighters and Stormtrooper outfits. Like somewhere between Ep III Clone Troopers and Ep IV Stormtroopers. To give it it's own visual identity

Like the TIE Fighters and Stormtroopers we see in ANH are actually the most recent cutting edge, top of the line Empire technology
Thread posts: 602
Thread images: 116

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.