[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>TFW we will never ever ever EVER get another animated epic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1447180054144.jpg (120KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1447180054144.jpg
120KB, 630x1200px
>TFW we will never ever ever EVER get another animated epic like this, Lion King, or Hunchback of Notre Dame due to Dreamworks tainting animated movies with their "Hip and smart" style and cheap souless CGI.
>>
Wannbee Disney vs "Hip and smart"
pick your poison
>>
>>77368263

At least Wanabee Disney was starting to change with a new "Let's stop emulating Disney" mindset with stuff like Iron Giant, Titan AE, etc. and even Disney themselves with stuff like Emperor's New Groove, Atlantis, Lilo and Stitch, and Treasure Planet.
>>
File: laika-studios-logo.jpg (31KB, 490x339px) Image search: [Google]
laika-studios-logo.jpg
31KB, 490x339px
>>77368303

Than Shrek came and went "lol, Disney movies are teh suck, check out how hip we are!" causing all animation studios to jump on the bandwagon, even Disney.

Seriously, this is the only genuinely competent animation studio today along with Aardman seeing they actually give a shit with their work and aiming at older audiences.
>>
>>77368204
I know, is a shame that Dreamworks will never make another movie as ambitious as The Prince of Egypt.
Sometimes I wonder if Disney would dare to try to do something like the Lion King on CGI.
>>
>>77368350
>yfw Shrek might be the most influential movie of the 21st century.

how the fuck did that even happen?
>>
>>77368443
What happened with Shrek was one of these instances where the parody becames the new formula (In a similar way shows like The Simpsons and Married with Children made dysfunctional families a rule for sitcoms)
Back then, that movie was seen as a clever subversion to the Disney formula, which by the time Shrek was released had been done to death by Disney and its imitators. The cultural references and the rude humor (at least rude in comparison with your usual Disney princess film) were welcomed elements as they had potential to capture the interest of the adult members of the audience, and the CGI was quite impressive for the time it was made.
Needless to say, all those elements that made Shrek popular on the first place did not age very well, and nowadays people are more willing to see a Disney film following its typical formula rather than another film like Shrek, as the humor from that movie is seen by many viewers as dumb and immature.
>>
>>77368204
why cant you be both? aladdin did it
>>
>>77368722
it's not even how dated it is, it's more that like... well going back to the sitcom example, sitcoms STILL act like they're so special and brave for bucking convention and attacking authority... when that isn't remotely subversive anymore, as that movement has succeeded thoroughly.. Once you've won, continuing to fight is called gloating
>>
While I'm fine with adding some drama to animated movies, I feel like you shouldn't go too far or else your movie will look like it's trying way too hard to cater to older audiences. You should really focus on what satisfies you, not what satisfies others
>>
>>77368443
Shrek WAS the most influential movie, keyword being WAS.
>>
>Hunchback of Notre Dame

God, I wish this meme would fucking die. The movie is not that good.
>>
>>77369132
It's a fucking disgrace to the book
>>
>that feel when the only reason you wish you could win the lottery and earn hundreds of millions of dollars is so you could fund your dream animated films.

I would bring the wonder back to 2D animation if I could.
>>
>>77369132
>>77369140
Frollo is the only good part, it's weaker than Hercules, another butchery which is also mostly held together by it's villain
>>
File: _bobby hill.jpg (98KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
_bobby hill.jpg
98KB, 960x720px
>We will never get an animated adaption of the Book of Tobit

I mean come on, it might not be the most well known book in the Bible, no thanks to Luther, but damn its a great coming of age story and would translate excellently into a film adaption
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.