[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Wars: Rebels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 521
Thread images: 83

File: Obi-Wan&Hondo.jpg (19KB, 500x451px) Image search: [Google]
Obi-Wan&Hondo.jpg
19KB, 500x451px
"You got old, my friend" - Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

>Newest Rebels Episode: Brothers of the Broken Horn:
https://mega.nz/#F!H8Ql1AgY!scRdNJTOLsx3aauMqis1fQ
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Zi6AEHfL5WSVB6eVdiZV82M00/view?usp=sharing

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Oak3z_FeFs

>Star Wars: Rebels MEGA (Season 1):
https://mega.co.nz/#F!UYQCwTwa!s-n8--buJPbauv6ylUo-DA

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Star Wars: Uprising: ( /co/ Cartel: Loth-Cats )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW6fOEvuSg
http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?568108-Newx-s-New-Player-Guide

>Star Wars: Commander ( /co/ Squad: Empire - SheevSquad )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FXrcuPR4XQ

>All Canon Novels and Comics: (Including the Rebels UK Comics)
https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

>Star Wars Audiobooks (Canon and Legends) and Motion Comics:
https://mega.nz/#F!w9tFCZxK!7zthk3nLz-0ATC9zxxEPuw

>Star Wars Legends Novels (Incomplete):
https://mega.nz/#F!AgVghZhQ!0SL9AVJvCbzUsRICuAoguQ

>Canon Guide & Timeline:
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Star Wars /co/ Booru:
starwars.booru.org

>Star Wars: Rebels / TCW Soundtracks:
http://www.kevinkiner.com/mp3music/StarWarsRebels/
http://www.kevinkiner.com/mp3music/CloneWars/
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bb842b2alua58tb/SWTCWS16.rar
http://soundcloud.com/deankinersounds/sets/star-wars-rebels-music
>>
File: Ahsoka6.png (302KB, 752x1055px) Image search: [Google]
Ahsoka6.png
302KB, 752x1055px
>>
File: gathering_forces_7.jpg (31KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
gathering_forces_7.jpg
31KB, 960x540px
Second for Ezera turning evil.
>>
>not waiting until page 10
>>
>>77367397
>Lethan
>Jedi
Neat. Usually when I see a red twi'lek with the Force, they get shoehorned into being Sith scum.
>>
File: cAnonGuideVer2.04.png (4MB, 2116x3144px)
cAnonGuideVer2.04.png
4MB, 2116x3144px
Updated Canon Guide.

+Added the newly announced YA Series
+Added the Obi-Wan & Anakin Comic
+Minor fixes and Layout Changes
+Added text briefly explaining Battlefronts canonicity.

Currently working on the Timeline. At the request of a few anons, I am updating it so that the summaries are more in-depth. Will take a while.

The OP link to the guides has been updated too.
>>
>>77367474

>only canon video games are mobile shit

When are we getting a proper RPG

I'd give massive sums of money for a Clone Wars RPG made by Bioware.
>>
>>77367521
>Force Unleashed game where you play as Ahsoka after TCW
>>
>>77367521
Well I have some news for you anon, Bioware is currently working on an untitled Star Wars game. We don't know the Era though.
>>
>>77367521
KOTOR era Bioware I'd agree with but current Bioware... eh.
>>
>>77367521
Given their recent track record, I'd pay just as much to make sure they're nowhere near it.
>>
>>77367575
DAI wasn't that bad, just sort of underwhelming.
>>
>>77367558
Plus an Action/Adventure game by Visceral Games that's being called the "spiritual successor" to 1313, if that interests anybody.
>>
does ANYONE have Insider 161 or the short story Inbrief yet?
>>
>>77367661
That does sound interesting.
>>
>>77367716
Obviously not since no one has said so every time you ask.
>>
>>77367769
gotta keep asking until someone has it then
>>
>>77367521
How about another x-wing vs tie fighter? Will probably happen literally never.
>>
Sixes killed sheev
>>
>>77367862

Yeah, no one gives a fuck about flight sims these days, which is a fucking shame.
>>
File: VaderVsA-Wing.webm (609KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
VaderVsA-Wing.webm
609KB, 640x360px
>>77367862
>>77367892
"Fighter Squadron" mode in Dice's Battlefront. If you think you're getting anything beyond that, you are very sadly mistaken.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlWwFVVV0_s

>We're taking heavy fire!

Well no fucking shit, you're trespassing an imperial blockade.
>>
>>77367924
I wonder if the Imperials will win in this episode?
>>
>>77367950

It's getting pretty tiring.

Aside from Vader's onslaught in S2E1, the plot armor's been way too thick.
>>
File: star0.jpg (67KB, 864x376px) Image search: [Google]
star0.jpg
67KB, 864x376px
>>77367474
Why is Clone Wars not canon?
>>
>>77367995
Replaced by the better 3D version.
>>
>>77368021
Its not a contest, they compliment each other well.
>>
>>77368021
Do they conflict? I didn't watch either but I believe Tartakovsky can do no wrong.
>>
>>77367950
The Rebel victories are getting a little rediculous.

Aside from Kanan being captured in Season 1, and Vader wrecking shit in Siege of Lothal, the Empire has jobbed every single time.

I know WHY this is happening, but the writers need to try harder to make the Empire a genuine threat. The OT also suffered from this, the Empire only really feeling like a threat in Episode 5 because Hoth set them up to be a threat.

We need something on the scale of Hoth to remind us that the Ghost Crew aren't safe.

>>77367995
Because it contradicts Canon, and was way over-the-top in what the characters could do. (Windu taking on a field of Super Battle Droids bare handed, Greivous defeating a group of Jedi Masters, ect.)

A lot of the stories were replaced in the 3D Cartoon anyway, the Battle of Mon Calamari to name but one.
>>
>>77368045
Yeah they do

>>77368044
Not really. There's some cool stuff in the 2D one sure, and we see Anakin get knighted, but this is nothing that isn't going to happen in the new comics and books anyway.
>>
>>77367474
>Boba and Jango aren't Mandalorians

What? Is Sabine not one either?
>>
>>77367987
Yeah, definitely. I know the Imps aren't supposed to succeed overall, but they have to win a few skirmishes every now and again, at least once or twice. They have to be shown as a threat.
>>
>>77368046
> Greivous defeating a group of Jedi Masters

That will always be canon in my head. That episode is just too incredible.
>>
>>77368045
>but I believe Tartakovsky can do no wrong.
Problem identified
>>
>>77368075
Sabine is.

Jango is from Concord Dawn, and Boba is just his Clone son, born on Kamino. According to George Lucas and Dave Filoni, neither were ever intended to be Mandalorian. They just took Mandalorian armor. (Presumably after killing them)
>>
>>77368100
Incredible, but ridiculous. You see Greivous in Episode 3 and TCW, and he is good, sure, a bonafied Jedi Killer. But able to do what he did in the 2D cartoon? No fucking way.
>>
>>77368107
>Jango is from Concord Dawn
We got cannon confirmation on that?
>>
>>77368064
I'd rather watch Genddy's exciting cartoon than some decompressed marvel comic.
>>
>>77368075
What, no, Sabine is definitely Mandalorian. We're getting some Mando stories with Sabine in the forefront soon in Rebels.
>>
>>77368107
I thought Concord Dawn was a Mandalorian moon?
>>
>>77368046
>people still think Windu going ham like that actually literally happened
there's a reason the fucking kid was there
shit I would think 4chan of all places would know how implying works
>>
>>77368169
You're thinking of Concordia. Concord Dawn was always a frontier world on the fringes of Mandalorian space, only sometimes a part of the Mandalorian empire depending on how much they expanded at different points in history. By the time of TCW, the pacifists reduced Mandalorian territory to just their system, so Concord Dawn was just like any other Republic world at the time, only with a little Mando culture. Hence why Jango and Rako Hardeen seem very Mandoish and are fanboys for the culture.
>>
>>77368136
Yes, Ultimate Star Wars, starwars.com, ect.

>>77368169
Nope. That's Concordia. Concord Dawn has no association to Mandalore in Canon.

>>77368148
Then do so? Nobody is stopping you from watching that cartoon. Just saying it got replaced (and will continue to be replaced) by canon stories instead. Hell, I suspect that upcoming Obi-Wan/Anakin comic may even be the new story about Anakin getting Knighted.

>>77368206
There's a bunch more things that were ridiculous in that show. And your whole "kid retelling an exaggerated story" theory isn't explicit in the show at all. (although I like it, don't get me wrong)
>>
>>77368211
>By the time of TCW, the pacifists reduced Mandalorian territory to just their system, so Concord Dawn was just like any other Republic world at the time, only with a little Mando culture. Hence why Jango and Rako Hardeen seem very Mandoish and are fanboys for the culture

Huh, that's actually a really cool touch. I like that a lot. Keeps Death Watch kinda special too since they think themselves "true" Mandalorians.
>>
>>77368211
You explained it spot on.
>>
>>77368046

A good amount of the fights in the 3D series can be Tartakovsky tier. For example in "The Zillo Beast", Anakin just runs up the side of the titular monster like he were in some anime. And the lightsaber fights with Anakin can get very aerodynamic. This passes on even onto Star Wars Rebels with the Inquisitor and Kanan performing nigh-improbable acrobatic feats.

>>77368128

If there's one gripe about the new canon, its about General Grievous and sliding-scale of competence. He's supposedly this jedi killing machine, when he only just kills one in the entire cartoon. Then the new Kanan comic goes on to tell that he virtually destroyed a Jedi Master's army, but its never shown to us. And then the film only lets us see his lightsaber collection as evidence for his brutality.
>>
>>77368250
I don't recall there being anything as over-the-top as the Windu episode. One could argue Grievous schooling the masters but look at it this way. Up until now the Jedi of the clone era have done nothing but fight random criminal scum on occasion and fairly predictable battle droids. Then all of a sudden a reincarnation of Space Gilgamesh with an extremely unorthodox fighting style trained by canonically one of the greatest duelists in the known universe literally bursts through a hole in wall. You're not gonna be ready for that shit.
>>
File: Grievous_Battle_of_Bothawui.png (942KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
Grievous_Battle_of_Bothawui.png
942KB, 1920x816px
>>77368269
Yeah, they handled Grievous with a lot of tell don't show, but I've grown to greatly prefer canon Grievous to epic Tartakovsky Grievous. He's such a nefarious loser, I love it.
>>
>>77368269

Exactly. I only admire Grievous because of his 2D TCW appearance. Everywhere else he's all bark no bite.
>>
>>77368315
Well, it looked like they tried to back up a bit in Season 2 when the Magnaguards backed him up more and Shaak Ti was ready for most of his tricks this time. Except for the four-arms thing.
>>
>>77368046
>Because it contradicts Canon
>>77368064
>Yeah they do

Okay, thanks guys.
>>
>Namir has a drunken chat with Han at Echo Base
>They talk about not being not being 100% committed to the cause (Rebellion)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqvkarUF8xs
>>
>>77368340
That's how he works, and I kinda like it. He gets a bunch of kills in the early war because Jedi literally don't know how to react to a four-armed murder machine. He usually tries to get by more on element of surprise and sometimes being genuinely cunning than pure skill (even though he's still a marked competent fighter in his own right still being Space Gilgamesh and all).
>>
>>77368269
I agree about Greivous. We contantly get told how dangerous he is, but we're only shown twice. Once when he kills that Jedi, and once when he let the attack on Dathomir.

Oh, and if it means anything, he also defeats Vos in Dark Disciple, and Talzin in Son of Dathomir (while slaughtering dozens of Clones and holding his own against Maul)

We need a comic showing him in the first year of the war. We know he killed at least four Jedi there, we need to see it.

However I completely disagree about "the fights in the 3D series can be Tartakovsky tier.". TCW seemed to have a very focused and balanced view on the abilities and limitations of the Jedi, whereas the 2D series often had them jumping around like ninjas and acting like gods.

>>77368330
But Greivous's entire character comes from TCW/EP3 though. Even his damn accent!

All he was in the 2D cartoon was a near-mute flashy Jedi Killer. I mean, if that's your thing, sure, but that really was not Greivous at all.
>>
>>77368401
Yooooooooooooo......
>>
>>77368409
One thing I noticed is that Jedi tend to grow more badass by the moment when they're dueling each other. Like they start developing this focused Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon action buildup with other lightsaber wielding opponents. But against normal people in fistfights or shootouts, they fight with barely superhuman capabilities. I don't know if it's intentional, but it's neat if that's how it actually works - you get more powerful while channeling the Force with your opponent.
>>
>>77368250
>starwars.com
http://www.starwars.com/databank/concord-dawn

Doesnt say anything about Jango here. does anyone have proof?
>>
>>77367125

>I dont believe Anyone should have to pay for anyone elses education

Too bad. Might be te only actual instance where a rising tide DOES lift all boats.

If everyone in a society is smarter, the whole society benefits.

But that is because, unlike finance / economics, knowledge is an unlimited resource, so it is unnecessry to have to compete for it.
Of course, you wouldnt know that bsed on our over-privatized higher educational system, buuuuut....

Here, lets bring Star Wars in: privatized eduction is Naboo under the Trade Federation, but before the invasion, and what education should be is a combintion of the Jedi order / younglings and Tattoine moisture farmers (education not contingent on ability to pay, free for all in a vast space to accumulte as much s you can / wnt with no central governing body-– except more like Jedi order because education is not scarce like moisture)
>>
>>77367661
What else has Visceral done?
>>
>>77368409
>a near-mute flashy Jedi Killer

And that's what made him cool. He was vicious, you actual feared for the Jedi.

That chase sequence with Shaak Ti is simply amazing.
>>
>>77368211
As someone who loved Haden Blackman's Jango Fett: Open Seasons comic, this is an explanation I love.

Even in that now-legends comic, Concord Dawn wasn't portrayed as a highly militarized Mandalorian planet, anyway. The Mandalorians just happened to be there when Jango was a child and he was adopted by them.

I'm holding out that hopefully they change their minds and make Boba and Jango canonically Mando again, but in all honesty I'd be fine if they didn't.

I'm of the mind that ultimately it doesn't matter or affect the greater Star Wars continuity/universe if Boba or Jango are or are not Mando. Either way it affect nothing.
>>
>>77368596
Dead Space and Battlefield Hardline I believe.
>>
A long time ago, I read about the early development stages of The Clone Wars cartoon. I believe it came from one of the art books, but Dave Filoni talked about what it would have been about. Here's what I remember:

>The cartoon would have focused on Ahsoka and Plo-Koon, and their adventures during the war.
>Other non-force users would be on the ship with them.
>Anakin and Obi-Wan were only going to be guest characters that showed occasionally.
>Clones would be around, but probably little to no episodes based or centered around them.

I remember this, and when Rebels came out, it definitely seems like the show Dave originally planned for years ago.
>>
>>77368571
Not a source exactly, but Rako Hardeen uses Ralph McQuarrie style Boba concept armor, and comes from Concord Dawn, which was supposed to be a reference to Jango Fett for obvious reasons.

>>77368614
My favourite scene from that show in fact, but again, that character is simply not Greivous in anything but name. Do you see what I am saying? They're completely different characters.
>>
>>77368648

Thank god we got what we ended up with.

Much, much better than a show focused on specific characters.
TCW feels much more like an anthology, like the old DH comics, than a strict cartoon series, and that is how I prefer.
>>
>>77368648
Rebels very much feels like the show Dave always wanted to do, which is odd because TCW is the one that is widely praised by fans and probably what he will be remembered for most of all, unless Rebels seriously picks up.
>>
File: Grievous.gif (3MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Grievous.gif
3MB, 320x180px
>>77368614
Eh, doesn't do it for me anymore. I need my Grievous to cough and wheeze while hatching sinister schemes doomed to fail and letting his droids soften his victims up for him while he twirls his mustache.
>>
>>77368595
Look mate, we had /soc/ last thread. This isn't the place to discuss this, this is for Star Wars. This is a new thread, lets not bring in the old.
>>
>>77368706
The problem I have with dastardly Greivous is that he looks far too fucking cool and badass.
>>
>>77368648
It works better this way. The OT was about a bunch of misfits going on adventures bumping into these near mythological people.

The PT centred around the mythological people and events of the Clone Wars.

Rebels and The Clone Wars fit with each of their respective trilogies.
>>
>>77368642
Neither of those is exactly an action/adventure game. I was hoping they'd be the Uncharted guys or something. Dead Space was fun I guess.
>>
>>77368723
>problem
wait, that sounds like a good thing
>>
>>77368738
It just doesn't fit his character.

He looks like the monstrous Jedi killer of Genndywar but acts like a moustache twirling villain.

It confuses and angers me.
>>
>>77368596
Written by the Soul Reaver lady, I should point out.
>>
File: babe fett.jpg (441KB, 578x825px) Image search: [Google]
babe fett.jpg
441KB, 578x825px
>>77368723
>losers with badass designs
a time-honored Star Wars tradition.
>>
>>77367661
Is that the one being helmet by the lead designer/writer of Uncharted 2?
>>
>>77368765
Control your feelings, Anon. It is not becoming of a Jedi to be filled with hate
>>
>>77368833
yup
>>
>>77368811
Why is Boba so popular again? He didn't seem to do much besides run away and die (?) Was it just the design?
>>
>>77368925
Design, his interactions with Vader and the whole "no disintergrations" bit.
>>
>>77368925
Pretty much. Kid had a cool design
>>
>>77368925
Just the design.
>>
>>77368784
Is that...good? I remember when that came out, my cousin had it. I had no idea what the hell the plot was about since I came into it in the middle but it certainly *looked* cool.
>>
File: TFA First Order.jpg (81KB, 534x831px) Image search: [Google]
TFA First Order.jpg
81KB, 534x831px
You know /co/, I'm going to miss these threads. It'll be all hell breaking loose when The Force Awakens finally gets into theaters.
>>
>>77369010
If you don't understand it, it was 2deep4u. It really was
>>
>>77368765
He's both, and arguably it works better. Lucas likely never intended for Grievous to actually stand up to Jedi 1 to 1. In fact given he didn't even want cortosis blades and the like to block lightsabers because he wanted lightsabers to remain visually distinct (in other words he didn't argue such swords do not exist, he just didn't want them represented in visual media outside of the games; he was fine with other saber blocking weapons).

The thing is past Grievous' first Genndy curb stomp battle they actually toned him down a tad. Dooku emphasized where he was lacking and stressed his tactics have to be about compromising the Jedi before he confronts. In other words there was never supposed to be a "mundane" way to become the equal or even greater than a Force user even using cybernetics. Lucas certainly had no problem with Jedi running into obstacles they couldn't easily overcome even with the Force, like Droideka shields, but with Grievous it was always about "cheating". It's built right into him with his four arms, his enhanced strength and multitude of other onboard gadgets. And, of course, utilizing droids to soften his targets up first. Even in his first appearance Grievous only showed up in person after the droid army had overwhelmed the Jedi's clone forces and hounded them relentlessly, leaving them physically exhausted, wounded, and under great mental and emotional strain.
>>
>>77369023
Yep. This place has already been victim to more shitposting as of late. TFA is going to turn this thread into a warzone.
>>
>>77369060
Still better than /tv/

That place currently looks like someone decided to nuke the world's largest shit hole.
>>
>>77369139
>>77369060
Yeah I think once TFA hits I'll be avoiding this thread and the /tg/ one for a while. The /tv/ crowd is going to be everywhere, not to mention other anons whipped into emotional frenzy just in general.
>>
File: You'll regret that.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
You'll regret that.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>77368409
>We contantly get told how dangerous he is, but we're only shown twice.

Sorry what
>>
>>77369188
If it's one thing I loved in Genddywars the most it was how Greivous used his feet for combat
It's bad enough he had four arms, but now he has six
>>
>>77369165
I'm going to stop coming here about a week before it drops. Doubt I will be back until after January.
>>
>>77369165
I'll probably avoid the threads mainly to avoid spoilers
Then come back with a cup of hot cocoa to watch the chaos
>>
>>77369213
BUT WE JUS GOT TO KNOW EACH OTHER

WE JUST BEGAN THE COALITION OF CALIFORNIA AND TENNESSEE SOCIALISTS

OR CO-CATS
>>
>>77369188
I always love that one Magna Guard just swinging his staff around.

>swoosh swoosh I'm a Jedi!
>>
>>77369238
This.
>>
>>77368940
>>77368952
>>77368966
So he's the Spider-Gwen of Star Wars?
>>
Speaking of Boba, do you guys think he'll come back or he dead for real this time?
>>
>>77369412
He'll come back. EZMoney. But dead before TFA for sure.

Either that, or they're going with the idea that Boba is dead, but a different Bounty Hunter is going to take his armor, which thanks to Aftermath, is starting to sound likely.
>>
File: Supreme Leader Snoke.jpg (30KB, 747x389px) Image search: [Google]
Supreme Leader Snoke.jpg
30KB, 747x389px
Here is an old concept art of Supreme Leader Snoke released by Indie Revolver and it fits MSW's description perfectly.

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/07/concept-star-wars-the-force-awakens-supreme-leader-snoke/

But remember: This is just concept art, so the real Supreme Leader will probably look completely different just like Kylo Ren who was supposed to be a cyborg back then.
>>
>>77369475
Here is the article: http://indierevolver.com/2015/11/10/ir-exclusive-an-early-version-of-supreme-leader-snoke-from-star-wars-the-force-awakens/
>>
>>77369441
>Takes his armour
>Star calling himself Boba Fett
>"B-But it's not Fett, you guys! It's a totally different character!"
I see a second Arkham Knight in the future
>>
>>77369475
That's really silly.
>>
>>77369475
snek, but no snektit. Disappointing.
>>
>>77369489
>>77369475
So they really are going for a snake-man/Voldemort motherfucker, huh?

I think it's too on-the-nose, but at the same time I kinda' like it.
>>
>>77369475
>Supreme Leader Snoke
>Snoke
>He's a Snake

Poetry
>>
>>77369475
>No snektits
Who wants to bet every time Snoke speaks there's going to be rolling S'
>>
>>77369544
Well obviously. He is a snek. I'd actually be more upset if they didn't go with the hissing.
>>
>>77369544
Who wants to bet that a different alien race was chosen and he won't be a snake?
>>
>>77369188

I agree, Grievous had plenty of cool scenes in TCW.
>>
Do you think Snoke and Sheev knew each other?
>>
>>77369614
YESZ HE KNEW SNOKE AS plagueis
LOOOOOOOOOL XD
>>
>>77369565
>>77369614
>They change Snoke's race to a Muun
>Yfw
>>
>>77369639
>yfw theres no canonical evidence to suggest Plaguise is still a Muun
>>
>>77369633
>>77369639
Fuck off, both of you
>>
>>77369671
>makes fun of Plagueisposters
>still gets told to fuck off
Man...
>>
>>77369023
Hmm, Kylo's mask looks a lot better form the side than from the front.
>>
File: bestboba_zps6ddadeef.png (587KB, 1000x584px) Image search: [Google]
bestboba_zps6ddadeef.png
587KB, 1000x584px
>he plays as a Boba Fett wannabe in TOR
>>
Oh, and just in case you haven't seen the short Finn vs Kylo-teaser: We've already heard Snoke's voice and it's different than in the first teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfePC_WGLX4
>>
>>77369475
Ronaldo Fryman: Didn't I told you! It's the Sneeple all along!

Keep Beach City Weird.
>>
>>77368925
He was wierdlky hyped up before his appearance in the films. Descriptioions made him seem like he was going to be far more important than he actually was. He was also in the animated segment of the Christmas special, and seemed pretty badass.
>>
>>77369860
Oh man thats lame
>>
>>77369885
I can't escape you people, can I
>>
>>77369475
There was also a rumor that Snoke looks zombie-like and Serkis himself said that his character "has been through some stuff". Maybe the final design of Snoke looks like a dead zombie-reptilian in a black kimono or something like that?
>>
File: 1437026578738.gif (2MB, 580x433px) Image search: [Google]
1437026578738.gif
2MB, 580x433px
>>77369475
That's stupid.
>>
Huh. These unfinished episodes are actually really good.

Animation is a lot better than I was expecting as well.
>>
>>77370062
Don't worry, I don't intend to go on with this, but when I heard of an evil villain space leader with a snakes head, it was the first I must thought of.

I hope he looks different though.
>>
File: 1447034666369.png (181KB, 483x463px) Image search: [Google]
1447034666369.png
181KB, 483x463px
>>77369475
I think that unused concept art that got turned into Fifth Brother is closer to what Snoke will look like.
>>
>>77370147
>>77370198
Don't worry. This is early concept art of Han Solo and Luke Skywalker and yes, Luke was supposed to be a girl at one point.
>>
>>77370224
I'm just glad Serkis is paying him, so even if Kylo's a let down Snoke is likely to work well.
>>
>>77370224
The unused concept art you're referring to was most likely for one of the Knights of Ren.
>>
>>77370268
This gives me flashbacks to Snake and Meryl for some reason. I guess in thumbnail form it looks like two people in MGS sneaking suits to me.
>>
>>77370268
I thought the bearded guy was supposed to be Luke as a former Jedi General and Han was a lizard man.
>>
>>77370268
>>77370398
no that's kane starkiller, father of annikin and deak

general luke skywalker looked similar but he had white hair
>>
>>77370268
That dude looks like George Lucas with a weird wig.
>>
>>77370779
Yeah Lucas' early drafts were a bit more self-inserty. He wisely opted to town it down.
>>
>>77369860

Good thing my Jedi Consular's a Miraluka.
>>
So, what other Jedi may still show up in Rebels?
>>
>>77370993
Shaak-Ti.
Obi-Wan Kenobi.

I hope neither of them do though.
>>
File: SECRETS REVEALED.webm (3MB, 936x400px) Image search: [Google]
SECRETS REVEALED.webm
3MB, 936x400px
>>77370993
Plo-Koon
>>
>>77370993
Shaak Ti is the only one that has any evidence of a possible appearance. Obi-Wan and Yoda have had their cameos, I doubt they're getting another.
>>
>>77370993
Depends on who survived the initial purge and hasn't been hunted down by Vader yet. Don't think Yoda or Obi-Wan will show up, in person at least, though.
>>
I'm rewatching Clone Wars after getting up to date with Rebels, and jesus fucking christ.

The animation in TCW is so much better it's not even funny. I feel like this one is going to take a long time to feel dated, it's just so fluid you forget it's 3D.
>>
>>77371022
I was hoping that would have the little pilot chutes from Legend of Korra badly shooped in.
>>
>>77370993
Vos
>>
>>77369165
>/tg/

Good place to take refuge. /vg/ as well. Other boards have off-topic Star Wars threads like /k/. They're very decent.
>>
>yfw Kyle is re-canonized as a woman
>>
>>77371374
Beard and all.
>>
>>77371022
>get an episode about Plo surviving
>Ashoka joins them to track him down
>prepare for a joyous reuinion
>arrive just in time to see Vader cut him down
>>
>>77371022

Only Admiral Trench could have survived that.
>>
>>77371374

I don't even know what I would do if Kyle were to appear in Rebels.
>>
File: 1446877850697.png (230KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1446877850697.png
230KB, 500x378px
>>77371571
>mfw Luke offhandedly mentions one of his early students parting ways before the massacre in Ep 8
>>
>>77369660
Since the new canon is so afraid of deviating from the former canon, it's a guarantee that he's still a Muun.
>>
>>77368925
He had a cool design and his action figures sold really well, so they figured people really like him and pushed him in the marketing to take advantage of his popularity. So he kept getting more and more popular.
>>
>>77371702
There's no need to change a lot of the broad strokes pre-The Phantom Menace. Things like Darth Plagueis still works besides a few inconsistencies.

The real stupidity lies in the timeline, not the series of events.

Disney have the ability to redefine the events into a more coherent timeline. This is what they should do for pre-The Phantom Menace.
>>
>>77367474
isn't Twilight Company out now?
>>
>>77371890
aw shit you're right. I forgot because I'm going to pick it up tomorrow and somehow forgot it was already available. Will update that.
>>
File: 1447193738377.jpg (66KB, 632x719px)
1447193738377.jpg
66KB, 632x719px
based boyega
>>
>>77371571
I'd probably come in my pants and have a grin stuck on my face for the next week or so.

>>77371639
>mfw They have to find Kyle in Episode 7 so he can help rebuild the Jedi Order.
>mfw Kyle's first appearance in the film is saving the heroes from certain doom
>mfw Kyle becomes a mentor character for the new main characters (I forget their names)
>mfw this is the first time I've used "mfw" on 4Chan because I've never found an appropriate time to do so.
>>
>>77369861

>le Finn isn't force sensitive
>>
>>77371374
>>77371571
Rebels would be too early for Kyle.
Fioli seemed to have a soft spot for the Republic Commando game.
Let's keep our fingers crossed he felt the same way about JK. Mabye we'll see Morgan Katarn or something.
>>
File: 1447191876209.jpg (72KB, 599x745px) Image search: [Google]
1447191876209.jpg
72KB, 599x745px
>>
>>77372019

I hope we get some republic commando stuff in the nucanon.

We're sorely lacking military stuff right now.
>>
>>77371986
How can people seriously hate that guy? Boyega is one of us. https://instagram.com/p/91ZuGkMCjp/
>>
File: 1344827683091.gif (2MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1344827683091.gif
2MB, 256x192px
>Watching TCW
>It's a Padme ep
>>
>>77372071
>I hope we get some republic commando stuff in the nucanon.
They're in the Clone Wars so they are already in there. I want to see Kyle make a comeback.
Hell, they could do a 80s action movie romp set in the Star Wars universe starring Kyle. I'd love that.
>>
>>77372075
>yfw Kylo Ren is just Finn in whiteface and the whole thing is about a Jekyll and Hyde situation
>>
>>77372075
Haters gonna hate.
>>
Maz's destoryed castle in the background.
>>
>>77372071
I do too. Delta Squad or Omega squad appearing in Rebels would be awesome

>>77372113
I like this idea. I want to see this made.
>>
>>77372231
>Delta Squad or Omega squad appearing in Rebels would be awesome

I'd rather see them in action; get a new game or a new novel.
>>
>>77372231
>>77372113
Did ya'll forger Gregor is one too?
>>
>>77372158

He's way cooler than Rey, both the actor and the character.
>>
>>77368615

Well in the old-EU Boba didn't becoem an actual Mandalorian until just before the Vong war, when Shysa made him Mandalore as a dying wish. And even then Boba acted as Mandalore because he felt obligated to, he didn't take much of an interest in actual Mando culture until he met his granddaughter and some of his troops pushed him a bit.

I do miss Jango being Mandalorian because, like you said, that comic was fantastic.
>>
A lot of people complain about the "death of the EU", but I don't mind having two canons, really.

I'm more than used to stuff like this, with Marvel always pulling retcons and DC rebooting their universe twice already.

I actually think it's pretty incredible how Star Wars managed to keep a single canon for so long. The comics, the games, the films, the novels, everything was canon, and it was about to burst.
>>
>>77372284
Gregor died.
>>
>>77372422
He did not. He was with Rex in the clone trooper two parter of this season of Rebels.
>>
File: Gregor Madness.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gregor Madness.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>77372284
>>77372422
He's a bit, well...you decide if he's fit for duty.
>>
Thrawn trilogy: Should I read the novels, or the comics?

I got the first book as a gift, and I've read a couple of chapters. It's really interesting, but I heard some people telling me the comics are even better.
>>
File: what's going on guys?.jpg (41KB, 311x481px) Image search: [Google]
what's going on guys?.jpg
41KB, 311x481px
>>77372422
He somehow survived.
>>77372442
just missing a few screws is all. Still handy with that missile launcher.
>>
>>77372434
>>77372442
That's not Gregor.

Just some other clone who claimed to be him to get in good with Wolfe and Rex.
>>
>>77371986

Concept art had Finn as white.

TFA already has Lupita N'yongo and Oscar Isaac, they've filled any sort of quota they might have had.

So Boyega was probably cast on merit, not race.
>>
>>77372469
I finally saw Attack the Block, he seems pretty good. I still know fuck all about Ridley, but even if she sucks she has Boyega and Isaacs to carry her.
>>
>>77371986

>profile pic

it's literally /v/.
>>
>>77372071

While Delta Squad does appear in TCW and Gregor is also a commando, Dave Filoni suggested at Celebration Anaheim that Lucas probably wouldn't have done a Delta Squad arc but that the Bad Batch arc was deliberately pretty Republic-Commando-ish.

We could get TCW novels or comics with more Bad Batch stuff. Would that fill the gap for you?
>>
>>77372442

My god, the animation in Rebels makes me angry.
>>
>>77372526
No, the models make you angry. The animation is as smooth as late seasons of TCW for the most part. Learn the difference, it could save a life! But probably won't.

That was a pretty janky animation too though, I guess.
>>
>>77372469
>dreamworks face
Kaz, why?
>>
>>77372558
>The animation is as smooth as late seasons of TCW

It really isn't. Go back and watch the last few arcs of TCW, it's way smoother with much more subtle details.
>>
File: clvrgrl.jpg (23KB, 281x392px) Image search: [Google]
clvrgrl.jpg
23KB, 281x392px
>>77368021
>better 3D version.
>>
Is there anymore Clone Wars Legacy planned to come out?
I really want to see the end of the Mando civil war and Maul's fate, the rise and fall of Hondo, Ahsoka's adventures after the Jedi Order, Cad Bane's last hunt, and whatever else happened around those times
>>
>>77372455
The books are better.
>>
>>77372256
I'd like this as well but I also want to see then in Rebels or something.

>>77372284
Nope, I just want more Republic Commandos.
>>
>>77372648
I was just watching some of season 3 and it is similar. I'll admit that seasons 5 and 6 do a lot better subtle work though by far. For the second season of a show, having the model manipulations be on par with the part of TCW when it really got great isn't a bad thing.

I hope Rebels lasts to season 4 at least, I want to see if it can beat that final stretch of really good TCW stuff. If at least in animation, since I doubt they'll ever have the budget to beat the art and lighting.
>>
>>77369475
So, how powerful is he?
>>
>>77372662
I'm guessing you're going to have to wait for a while for all those holes to be filled because they'll probably release a lot of stuff set right before and in the TFA era after the movie comes out.
>>
File: Thulsa Doom.jpg (30KB, 360x287px)
Thulsa Doom.jpg
30KB, 360x287px
>>77372733
About on par with Vader, I imagine. Even sounds like him.
>>
>>77367995

Because the canon purge got rid of anything George Lucas wasn't significantly involved in.

He was significantly involved in the six films of the main saga and The Clone Wars.

He wasn't very heavily involved in the Tartakovsky Clone Wars show.

The two shows also have minor conflicts with one another anyway, and the point of making the new canon was to avoid retcons going forward, so one of them had to go, and they sure as hell weren't cutting TCW loose.

Something not being canon is not a statement about its quality in the slightest. Canonicity has nothing to do with quality and everything to do with "does it fit in the timeline?" The Lucasfilm Story Group decided that, going forward, the answer would be "no" for most stuff in order to give Disney a blank slate to build off of.
>>
>>77372695
>I want to see if it can beat that final stretch of really good TCW stuff

I don't know why, but something deep down tells me not to get too hyped.

TCW showed that it could do great things even early on, with some of the S1 arcs being pretty damn good. I just didn't get that with Rebels yet.
It's a fun show, but that's it. It hasn't pulled me in like TCW did.
>>
File: plagueissmug.png (254KB, 400x516px)
plagueissmug.png
254KB, 400x516px
>>77369475
Luckily they decided to make Snoke just a moniker for Darth Plagueis. Can't wait to see him in TFA
>>
>>77372733

this is snok
>>
>>77372767
I imagine Snoke being like a monster created by the dark side of the force. There are many possibilities for his character and almost anything would be more interesting to me than just bringing back the Sith.
>>
>>77372843
>>77369475
>>77372733
Please, it's gonna be Jar Jar.
>>
File: I see what you did there.jpg (76KB, 475x539px) Image search: [Google]
I see what you did there.jpg
76KB, 475x539px
>>77372767
>>
>>77367521
Just imagine if instead of Uprising we had a proper Hack'n Slash with a deeper loot system and skill tree set in The Star Wars Universe. The Clone War would have been a perfect settings for the clone wars, you could use the Force as an excuse for (mostly) whatever power you want, fuckton of planets, fuckton of different ennemy (you can easily add aliens to the already many types of CSI droids) and a damn good excuse slaughtering hundreds of ennemies and having tons of different mission.

ONe day maybe, the right people will have the right idea and please a sucker for both Hack'n Slash and Star Wars.
>>
>>77372879

Yeah, if they'd pulled in resources and went with a PC hack n' slash instead of a mobile game, I'd be all over that.
>>
File: plagueis.jpg (29KB, 400x566px) Image search: [Google]
plagueis.jpg
29KB, 400x566px
>>77372864
le ebin plebbit theory
no.

DAILY REMINDER they avoided questions about Darth Plagueis at the Comic-con panel.
Daily reminder Concept art showed Plagueis on the snow-planet.
DAILY REMINDER Sheev the peeve DIDN'T kill Plagueis, he was never strong enough.

THE TRUE LORD OF THE SITH WILL RETURN
>>
>>77371022
Order 66 is such a kick in the balls
>>
>>77372372
>77371571

The problem is the huge overhauls in what it means to be Mandalorian that happened between the EU stuff, the official Lucas version in TCW and now NuCanon. I don't think you can really salvage Jango being a Mando without breaking something.
>>
>>77372469
>Concept art had Finn as white

Please show this concept art
>>
>>77373025

Don't ever watch Episode III right after finishing TCW.

Seriously, I couldn't handle it, cried like a bitch.
>>
>>77372469
>Concept art had Finn as white.
If I remember correctly, concept art had his body in shadow so you couldn't tell his race. It's not like it matters though
>>
>>77373048
>cried like a bitch
>like
You sure you aren't a bitch?
>>
>>77372767
>>77372733

Will it be the riddle of Durasteel?
>>
>>77373048

>be me
>13 years old
>loved Attack of the Clones
>Gendy's CW was my favorite thing ever
>read all the DH comics
>Episode III comes out
>"Oh fuck yes, all my favorite Jedi are finally getting some screen ti-"
>"oh no"
>"oH NO"
>>
File: Kylo Ren concept.jpg (74KB, 960x638px)
Kylo Ren concept.jpg
74KB, 960x638px
>>77372959
>DAILY REMINDER they avoided questions about Darth Plagueis at the Comic-con panel.

Lawrence Kasdan probably doesn't even know who Darth Plagueis is and didn't understand what that nerd was talking about. Either that or he was making fun of him for asking this.

>Daily reminder Concept art showed Plagueis on the snow-planet.

That was actually concept art of Kylo Ren fighting Finn and Rey on Starkiller Base.
>>
>>77373129
Proto-Rey's a qt
>>
>>77368733
I have nothing against the Uncharted Series but it just feels "bland", I would rather the team takes some risks, we already have three very "safe" games with Uprising, Battlefront and Commander. Of course I'm only talking gameplay wise, I'm sure 1313's story would have been great but what we had seen of the gameplay left me unimpressed.
>>
>>77372061
Man Nike shoes sure are getting weird looking.
>>
>>77373196
I chuckled.
>>
File: 3.jpg (29KB, 314x263px)
3.jpg
29KB, 314x263px
>>77373124
>Watching Kit Fisto get cut down like a bitch after GendyWars
>>
File: It's Treason.jpg (106KB, 685x600px)
It's Treason.jpg
106KB, 685x600px
>>77373276
At least he lasted a few nanoseconds than the other two treasonous scrubs.
>>
>>77373299
>not ARROOOOOOOUUGGHH!
>>
>>77373276

>the Aayla and Ki-Adi scenes

Bitch tears forever.
>>
>>77373276

Ki-Adi-Mundi, you big headed fuck, I adored you ;_;
>>
File: Well?.jpg (114KB, 1400x815px) Image search: [Google]
Well?.jpg
114KB, 1400x815px
>>77373335
Carson put on the perfect face for that. Mundi turns around and you just see on his face "uh, clones? Something you want to tell me?"
>>
>>77373129
>w-what did you say? Darth v-vegas? h-hah I don't know who that is s-sorry. WE DON'T DISCUSS STORY ELEMENTS ON THIS PANEL SHUT IT DOWN
>>
>>77373413

Carson is amazing as Ki-Adi in general. He was quite young when they did TPM but he still gives him the movements and voice of an old, venerable man. It's a shame he never gets to do anything in the movies and very little screen time in TCW. Which surprised me, really.
>>
>>77373470
I remember reading his comic back before TPM came out. That was hype as fuck at the time.
>>
>>77373504

The one with his daughter and the alien-parasite things? That was pretty cool.
>>
>>77373504
>before tpm
holy sheev dog, you're old!
>>
>>77372366

What? You know literally nothing about the character.
>>
>>77373504
>>77373529

Yeah he had a lot of roles in the early prequel comics because they were pretty much forbidden from doing anything with Yoda, Qui-Gonn, Obi or Mace, so they looked around.

>So uh, there's these other 10 people on the jedi council, what if we make some stuff with them?

That's why Quinlan Vos became a protagonist as well and why they did a bunch of stuff with Shaak Ti.
>>
>>77373593

Wut, he's probably like late 20s, just like a lot of people on /co/.
>>
>>77373607
I already bought his toy :^)
>>
>>77373621
Vos was an original creation actually, same as Aayla, Lucas just liked them well enough to use them.
>>
>>77373129

I still can't believe that some people think any EU characters will make it into the movie.

Or that the main big bad will be a CGI alien.

Seriously guys, it's intentional disinformation.
>>
>>77373666

Pretty sure Vos appeared first in TPM.
>>
>>77373621
I want to see a NuCanon book about Shaak Ti
>>
>>77373633

You will be disappointed. He's a comic relief most of the time. And no, he won't become a Jedi.
>>
>>77373675
We've seen Andy in the mo-cap suit. We're getting a big bad digital alien that the practical effects must defeat.
>>
File: master Im already a demon.png (278KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
master Im already a demon.png
278KB, 500x411px
>>77373675
>Or that the main big bad will be a CGI alien

But anon, the main big bad will definetely be CGI, thats why they got Serkis
>>
>>77368045
Tartakovsky Grevious is a beast compared to the joke seen in TCW
TCW assajj is way better than the short lived assajj in CW
more interesting side characters in TCW and CW (but everyone knows the reason behind that)
>>
>>77373725
Why was Darksoka so cute
>>
>>77373687
That was who they based Vos' design on. I think they even retconned him into actually being Vos later on.
>>
>>77373748
I kinda want them to continue Vos's story after Dark Disciple.
>>
>>77373666

Vos was based on a background extra seen in Mos Espa in TPM. He's sitting at a table in the scene where Sebulba meets Jar-Jar, and the Dark Horse guys basically just went "What if this guy was an undercover Jedi?"

Funny enough George liked the idea and the character a lot, which is why he got namedropped in ROTS and was going to have an Order 66 scene.

>>77373701

I like her a lot, but I can't help but feel exasperated at getting Yet Another Shaak Ti Death Story at this point.
>>
>>77373713
>>77373725
>they still believe it

Heh, I guess guys at Disney did a good job. You'll see in a month.
>>
>>77373784
>and was going to have an Order 66 scene.

holy shit, thank god THAT never happened!
>>
>>77373863

It's in the comic adaption, along with the (also unfilmed) Barriss death scene.

Funny enough both of those saved the characters for totally different kinds of story arcs later.
>>
>>77373895
We never find out about Barriss, did we
>>
>>77373983
No.

She was either executed, recruited or escaped in the confusion.
>>
>>77373983
as far as Dark Disciple she is still alive
>>
>>77367474
Doing great work, anon. Gets better every update. What program are you using to design?
>>
>>77373983

Well keep in mind that before TCW it was assumed Barris continued to be a dutiful Jedi knight through the clone wars, and as one of the few spotlighted Jedi from AOTC still alive at the end of ROTS they wanted to show her being offed as well. There was also a Luminara death scene planned which didn't get filmed either. Probably they felt the Order 66 sequence was already dragging on.

So if they had killed her off, the betrayal arc would never have happened.
>>
>>77374056
MS Paint
>>
>>77374072
I like to think that Ashoka hunted her down and killed her.
>>
>>77374116
Because that's not dark side at all...
>>
>>77374116
Ashoka was like Anakin, she really didn't care much for the rules
>>
>>77374138

Jedi carry out assassination missions too, when it's for the greater good and not fueled by vengeance or personal feelings.
>>
File: lost stars.jpg (208KB, 401x648px) Image search: [Google]
lost stars.jpg
208KB, 401x648px
Just finished this

fuck, what a great read.

Jude is overrated, Kendy best girl.
>>
>>77374235
Halfway through LOTS. Gonna read this next.

LOTS is really great on that note
>>
>>77372442
eccentricity=/=insanity
>>
File: 1286421523038.jpg (208KB, 597x600px)
1286421523038.jpg
208KB, 597x600px
>>77374235
>Jude is overrated
>>
>>77374198
cause that went so well for Vos
>>
File: Tarkin.jpg (601KB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Tarkin.jpg
601KB, 1920x2160px
>>77374235
>Jude is overrated
>>
File: Wicket.jpg (165KB, 1520x672px)
Wicket.jpg
165KB, 1520x672px
Just going to say I haven't watched Rebels so far, and I dropped Clone Wars before it's conclusion. However I do have a simple curiosity, has an Ewok appeared in any capacity?

I just think they're funny.
>>
>>77374410
No and you have shit taste..
>>
>>77374410
Not since the 90s. Even if there wasn't a stigma against them, RotJ kind of paints them as a little-known race of a backwater planet no one really knows about.
>>
>>77374410
No Ewoks yet.

Also, go and finish TCW. You wont regret it.
>>
>>77374398
>and not fueled by vengeance or personal feelings.
>>
It really bothers me how they never cut people with the lightsabers in Rebels. It makes it feel like a Saturday Morning Cartoon; at least they still get shot.
>>
>>77374482
Sure thing, not that it matters but does finishing TCW add to Rebels? In terms of plotting or set-ups?

>>77374476
Makes sense, but I figured knowing how Star Wars love to bring out the old familiar haunts in their tertiary materials they might have come across Endor or a person who had.

I'll be honest, I thought the stigma had largely subsided, what with the generational gap and all that.
>>
>>77374476

This. Ewoks were discovered during the late civil war.
>>
>>77374594
>does finishing TCW add to Rebels? In terms of plotting or set-ups?
Yes. I wont say how because spoilers, but yes. Quite a bit.
>>
>>77374410

Lt Kettch is still out there.
>>
>>77369860
>I'm not Boba Fett. I'm my original character, Bloba Blett
>>
>>77373276
>>77373335
>>77373413

Honestly the worst part about Revenge of the Sith.

It's not even a case of "not muh." It's just bad writing.

Bad from one perspective in that it makes the Jedi look like fucking retards and not in the "the Jedi have lost their way" sense but in the these Jedi are legitimately mentally handicapped how did they manage to survive this.

And then it just makes for bad film making the way it was all shot. Sure in real life people die like nothing and we move on. But these are films not movies. Clones and Stormtroopers? You can cut them down without a second thought. They're nameless faceless mannequins. But in the same way it would be shitty to just have Wedge shot out the sky immediately on take off with no reaction from anyone else it just watches badly to rapidly kill off the council in quick five second bites of them getting shot or chopped down.

I'm normally a pretty staunch defender of the prequels but Order 66 + Palps cutting down the other masters has always felt like the most rushed and lazy piece of shit.
>>
>>77374442
Shut up, Ewoks are fine. Star Wars isn't supposed to be badass all the time.
>>
>>77374576

Inky literally decapitated people with style.
>>
>>77374956
But if you're watching the movies and only the movies it's just a bunch of background Jedi getting killed.

And no, if you've never read anything from the EU you probably wouldn't give a shit if Wedge had bought it during ROTJ.
>>
>>77374956
>But these are films not movies.

That was supposed to say films not real life. I swear I'm not from /tv/
>>
http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2015/11/a-special-first-look-at-star-wars-the-force-awakens-this-thursday-night-on-abc.html

Something else is dropping on Thursday. I hop ethey don't get carried away with too many TV spots.
>>
>>77374607
I doubt it was discovered, or at least there's no reason to believe they were only discovered during ROTJ. Especially assuming the Empire didn't just pick Endor out of a hat and picked it for known qualities that fit what they needed. I'll go with what another anon pointed out, they were just too primitive to be well known - until they played a significant role at the end of the Galactic Civil War.

One of the very few enjoyable parts of Aftermath involved the descriptions of Ewoks dragging screaming Stormtroopers through the brush. The moral of ROTJ is apparently never piss off a bunch of furry bastards who are a. short enough to run invisibly through the scrub brush and b. come at you at anything between knee to crotch height.
>>
>>77375097
I was hype as fuck for the last trailer but that's all I needed. I have no intention of getting excited for TV spots. Definitely not going to watch them unless I actually see them on TV either.
>>
>>77375054

Who's Inky?
>>
File: Other lost jedi.png (192KB, 843x436px) Image search: [Google]
Other lost jedi.png
192KB, 843x436px
So, who's this going to be?
>>
File: rebels1x09_0680.jpg (96KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rebels1x09_0680.jpg
96KB, 1920x1080px
>>77375195
This guy, the Pau'an Inquisitor. We just called him Inky because typing out Inquisitor is tedious and he wasn't named in the show.
>>
File: SWEWDS-PG-59.jpg (429KB, 550x735px) Image search: [Google]
SWEWDS-PG-59.jpg
429KB, 550x735px
>>77375162
On the subject of Ewoks during the pre-ROTJ period, you should totally read Dark Horse's Ewoks Shadows of Endor, which ties in a lot of the stuff from the TV movies and the cartoon.
>>
File: rahm kota.jpg (56KB, 525x712px) Image search: [Google]
rahm kota.jpg
56KB, 525x712px
>>77375237
>>
>>77375060

Not if you pay attention it's not. These people are on the Jedi Council.

It just reeks of George Lucas filming like a child. The child only pays attention to the main characters so they do all the badass stuff. And we're just gonna throw a bunch of other characters on the bad guy's sword so they look even cooler.

Anyone should be able to put together that these are the best Jedi in the order. And so it just feels wrong when you view the movie and see then all unceremoniously taken down in seconds. It feels cheap and lazy because these people who are the best of the best were killed before they could even finish swinging their lightsaber.

The Palpatine part looks especially bad because Palpatine wasn't even doing anything particularly impressive. It looked like every other duel we've seen. So when young Anakin and Obi-Wan have survived, held their own and beaten Sith Lords it cheapens the council even further.
>>
>>77375296

Oh, but I'm talking about the Jedi slaying Stormtroopers with their sabers.

What's the point of having a cool Jedi in the series if all he does is shoot people and deflect blasts?
>>
>>77375360

Holy fuck I hope so
>>
>>77375237
This guy might have info on Ezra's parents. He might be a Jedi that completely removed his past or he could just be a regular hermit.
>>
>>77374956

I think it only really becomes an issue when you take TCW (and possibly Legends) material into consideration.

With no extraneous material than the movies you have no sense of these Jedi any more than any other background extra, and you know from the lines in the movie that all the clones lack individuality and have been bred to be totally obedient.

It only gets heartbreaking when you see TCW and take in all the retcons about the clones and realize they are as much victims as the Jedi are, and not just a race of organic battle droids which Lucas presented them as.
>>
>>77375368
I dunno man, you seem really upset about this. Of all the problems with episode 3 I think background Jedi dying is at the bottom of the list. Doesn't matter if they're powerful or not, it's not their story. They're not main characters. Most of them don't even have speaking roles.
>>
>>77375371
This isn't TCW man, you can't just swing a light sword every chance you get to. You'll get noticed by someone and then you'll get Inquisitors and Vader on your Jedi ass. If you want to stay low-key and only look like regular scum then the first weapon you pull out would be a blaster.
>>
>>77375360
>>77375410

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRr67OMIMJQ
>>
>>77375467

That's what I'm talking about though. That line of thinking just makes for bad film making. It doesn't matter if it's their story you should be thinking about things from all directions and perspectives. Throwing everyone in the fridge to further your main characters is shitty writing.
>>
>>77375646
>That line of thinking just makes for bad film making

Nah man, you're overreacting. If such a simple thing equals bad filmmaking for you then I have no idea what you're doing in a Star Wars thread. Star Wars has always been about broad strokes.
>>
>>77375564

Kanan pulls out his lightsaber all the time! But he uses it only for deflecting shots and shit.
>>
>>77375646
They were basically extras. They don't matter. If it wasn't for the EU they'd be credited as jedi no.1-6.
>>
>>77375646

What the fuck are you talking about? Lucas should have predicted that TCW was going to be made four years later and these characters were going to be further developed?
>>
>>77375316
I do enjoy how Stormtrooper helmets are able to look either sad or pissed as their squadmate is shanked. And then two Yodas are bugging the fuck out as they watch.
>>
>>77375703

Never said it's the only example. Prequels are full of them. But it's just one that always stuck out to me because it seemed like such a rushed and childish decision.

>>77375826
>>77375849

I don't understand what you guys don't get about this. Background characters =/= mook. The Jedi Council does not need individual characterization because you put together through some pretty elementary level context clues that these motherfuckers are the baddest of the bad. These people sit around YODA. They are all above Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Anakin. They're the highest level of Jedi you can reach.

All three of you also forget Genndy Clone Wars was made and canon with George's supervision before Revenge of the Sith came out. So we had canon examples of these best of the best Jedi showing why they were considered such.
>>
>>77376249

And? They were caught unaware, backstabbed, and died.

That was the entire point of Order 66, it was the only way to kill the Jedi in one stroke. This wasn't some random "oh shit we did it!" thing, this had been in planning for literally over a decade. The clones were bred SPECIFICALLY for this moment.

>I don't understand what you guys don't get about this.

You don't understand because you're the one who's not getting it. Jedi aren't gods, never were.
>>
>>77376434
>And? They were caught unaware, backstabbed, and died.

Palpatine stood there with his RED saber drawn talking to them. They were pretty aware.
>>
>>77376249
I don't remember any of them doing anything particularly impressive in genndywars. I remember them running away from Grievous. That's about it. I don't know what YOU don't get about this. Jedi aren't that big a deal, it's okay for the ones are completely unimportant and that don't have lines to just get killed.
>>
>>77376554
Did the entire jedi order see that? And did they thereby know that the clones would instantly turn on them?
>>
>>77376554

Oh, those were just a few.

Also, get off your Anime mindest. Jedi Masters aren't Hokage, they aren't Masters because they're awesome, they're Masters because they're wise and experienced, not necessarily in combat.

They're definitely good, REALLY good, but they can be bested. Maul killed Qui-Gon in Episode I, after all.
>>
>>77376554
He was talking about Order 66, anon. Where the Jedi were literally caught unaware, backstabbed and died. Sidious' duel with the Council Masters happened as it did because none of them had any real clue as to his abilities aside from his being "the Sith Lord they've been looking for". While I agree that the choreography of the duel could have been much better, what with all the Jedi other than Mace struggling to wield their blades properly (though you can really forgive that due to the incredibly limited space they'd been engaged in), the general idea was to convey that Palpatine, despite all of his prior and later posturing as the weak old man, was indeed far more powerful than each and every one of them. The other Masters' being cut down ended up being relatively comedic, but it proved its point nevertheless.

It probably wouldn't have come off so much as such if we'd been treated to a display of their own abilities beforehand in the form of TCW, but it's honestly a moot point.
>>
>>77376665

We're not talking about the entire Jedi Order. We're talking about Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar and Saesee Tiin.

>>77376592
>>77376748

And don't get me wrong I have no problem whatsoever with them dying. I just think it was lazy to feed them to Palpatine with such poor choreography and planning. Even just a short battle with Palpatine still coming out on top would be fine. But letting them all get Sheeved one after another doing nothing more than raising their hands just looks visibly awkward and cheapens the council imo.
>>
>>77376806

It was completely unexpected, none of them expected him just fucking AAOOORRGGHH out and starting slicing and dicing.

Mace, the obvious superior combatant, actually gets his shit together in time, and defeats him, but only because the death of the others bought him time.

He could easily have been the first one killed, and then one of the others would have dueled with Sheev.
>>
File: VERY_NASTY.png (756KB, 1200x816px) Image search: [Google]
VERY_NASTY.png
756KB, 1200x816px
>>77376806
>But letting them all get Sheeved

See, now doing it any other way would have been unacceptable

You just defeated your own argument
>>
File: Prisoner X10.jpg (110KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Prisoner X10.jpg
110KB, 1366x768px
>>77375237
>The Secret of Prisoner X10

>Ezra receives a vision of his parents, which motivated him to return to Lothal. When the rebel fleet attacked on Garel, Ezra and Kanan make their way to Lothal to pursue Ezra's vision. There they find a former prisoner with knowledge of his parents.
>>
>>77373034
>I don't think you can really salvage Jango being a Mando without breaking something.

I hear this said a lot but I never hear reasons for it. Care to elaborate?
>>
File: DASSJENNIR.jpg (222KB, 900x1379px) Image search: [Google]
DASSJENNIR.jpg
222KB, 900x1379px
>>77375237
PLEASE be Dass Jennir.
>>
>>77377024
Looks like a cozy storytime
>>
>>77378184

YES

YES

Y E S

THIS
>>
What the fuck are Celestials?
>>
File: celestials.png (3MB, 1280x1274px)
celestials.png
3MB, 1280x1274px
>>77378334
Giant alien gods.
>>
>>77378334
>>77378427
Canon?
>>
>>77378464
not in SW
>>
>>77378184
love the art
>>
>>77375237
from what trailer is this?
>>
>>77375237
>>77377024
Where are this pics from?
>>
>>77378464
Not anymore.

But it was a concept they were begginign to dig deep in the EU.

The Plagueis novel mentioned them. Supposedly those guys in Mortis were Celestials.
>>
>>77378550
>>77378530

Comic con trailer for Season 2.
>>
>>77378556
Celestials are another thing I'm glad they threw out the window. The extinct ancient precursors with better technology than everyone shit is so cliche.
>>
>>77378943
I liked the Rakata.

I didn't like the Celestials though.
>>
>>77379118
The Rakata were an interesting twist on that trope though.

They had no real idea of how their tech worked, it all ran on the force and when they lost their connection to the force they were fucked.
>>
>>77379146
>Yo, let's build a giant space station that can make fucking fleets quickly.

>How the fuck we gonna do that?

>I don't know, just fucking pour the force into it.

>holy shit, it worked!
>>
File: Rebel Troopers.jpg (2MB, 4982x2775px)
Rebel Troopers.jpg
2MB, 4982x2775px
So more First Assault ramblings.

I found this video from a week ago that shows of First Assault gameplay. This build is from the closed tech beta, and shows off weapons, items, and one game mode.

You can hear a piece of the First Assault theme and a Round Ending Reprise at 6:28.

It is rough and unfinished,so there are unfinished textures and animations, but the game was 5-10 weeks from going gold.

Reminder that this was supposed to be the building blocks of Battlefront 3. First Assault was 8v8, close quarter style game, meant to be the first in a series of games leading up to Battlefront 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyNxhWHsjuM

Jesus I sound like a shill. I just really wish this got made.
>>
File: 1447053279392.jpg (60KB, 552x516px) Image search: [Google]
1447053279392.jpg
60KB, 552x516px
How fucking hype is everyone for next week? Battlefront, Vader Down and new rebels!
>>
>>77379118
>>77379146
Yeah, Rakata were precursors done right. Everything of theirs was impossible magitech powered by the Dark Side, anti-science and a lack of common sense. It's so delicious when their entire evil empire collapses in on themselves.
>>
>>77379353
>next week
You mean tomorrow?
>>
>>77379420
The only thing from that list happening tomorrow is Rebels.
>>
tee hee

THIS episode is on right now.
>>
File: Salty Dog.jpg (128KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Salty Dog.jpg
128KB, 1280x720px
>>77379353
It's gonna be great.
>>
>>77379482
Life must suck as a retired clone.

You have no purpose in life, the war you were created for is over.

You age really fast, every day you get weaker and weaker so you can't even fight in new wars.
>>
>>77379302
Looks very Republic Commando-ish
>>
>>77379514
>You have no purpose in life

Uh, they're still people, they can still do normal people things.
>>
>>77379514
Even worse for the ones who never removed their chips.

>forced to gun down the only people who cared about you
>screwed over by the empire afterwards

That's some PTSD shit man.
>>
>>77379554
People designed, bred and programmed for a war.

Not a lot of career options when you age twice as fast and everything about is designed to fight.
>>
>>77379514
At least you can retire to Seelos and spend your days fishing for Joopas in your modified AT-AT
>>
>>77379469
...and battlefront, right? I thought that was on Veterans Day too? Or did those damn CoD commercials get mixed up in my head?
>>
Everybody talks about a Vader/Ahsoka confrontation but what's going to be bitch tears is a Vader/Rex confrontation because Vader's going to just cut him down and not even care

I never betrayed my Jedi ;_;
>>
>>77379665
17th, anon. It's been that date for the last few months
>>
>>77379711
How does Rex not know who Vader is?
>>
>>77379478
Fuck you, Sir.
>>
>>77379783
Why didn't you protect her smile?
>>
>>77379771

Ahsoka never told him anything. But maybe he already knows who Vader is, and already accepts that Anakin is dead. Either way, whether he knows it or not its going to be a tragedy.
>>
>>77379771
He most likely left to get that chip out of his head and deserted, after the Order 66 Arc.

I think Appo was in charge of the 501st when Knightfall happened.
>>
>>77379771
He wasn't at the assault on the Jedi Temple during Order 66, and removed his chip so he wouldn't kill his Jedi (whoever he had at the time).

He wasn't around to see Anakin become Vader.
>>
>>77379815
She was rebel scum. Let her go.
>>
>>77379815
Because I thought she would have been ok, but after heads rolled last season, I should have been more cautious.
>>
File: Fives.png (191KB, 428x445px) Image search: [Google]
Fives.png
191KB, 428x445px
I really wish they didn't kill him off, /co/.

He would've fit right in on the AT-TE, and I really would have preferred him to Wolfe.
>>
>>77379837
>>77379848

But he was a still a clone and ex-captain of the 501st. It seemed like he retired rather than deserted.

He must know that the 501st sacked the Jedi temple and he must know that Anakin, as Darth Vader led the assault.
>>
File: 1435256698902.jpg (48KB, 591x960px) Image search: [Google]
1435256698902.jpg
48KB, 591x960px
>>77379849
>>
>>77379886

Should have said Gregor.

Wolffe is my nigga.
>>
>>77379886
The nightmares... they're finally over
>>
>>77379886
Echo the grizzled old cyborg would have been nice too.
>>
File: tua feels.png (65KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
tua feels.png
65KB, 500x379px
>>77379815
>>
File: Sixes confirmed Canon.png (240KB, 1734x1020px) Image search: [Google]
Sixes confirmed Canon.png
240KB, 1734x1020px
>>77379886
>deficient clone
>kills his friend
>makes up a conspiracy
>attempts to kill the leader of galactic government
>claims he's being framed
>tries to proclaim innocence
>put down to prevent chaos

Step aside and let a real Clone take the lead.
>>
File: image_c1bfbb83.jpg (60KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
image_c1bfbb83.jpg
60KB, 768x432px
>>77380124
YOU COULD HAVE SAVED HER
>>
>>77380129
Sixes was betrayed by Sheev who was afraid of his abilities.

But his brain lived on and unbeknownst to all is that it was implanted in the nearest thing that could keep it alive, an old astromech droid.

That droid is Chopper.
>>
File: 1446513075941.jpg (83KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446513075941.jpg
83KB, 1080x720px
>>77380146
>the hat never came off
>>
>>77379981
>Fives was right but nobody believed him because he was so confused and disturbed after having his entire system of belief turned upside down on him
>He could have prevented Order 66, revealed Sheev as the Sith Lord
>Got himself killed just because he was scared and confused

...Clone Wars was kinda fucked up.
>>
File: KiAdiMundi.jpg (46KB, 500x773px) Image search: [Google]
KiAdiMundi.jpg
46KB, 500x773px
>>77380180
>She's actually the same species as this guy
>>
>>77380255
best twist/10
>>
>>77379815
Because as a mere consumer I had no effect on the ongoing plot of the series. Her death was as beyond my control as the death of Dumbledore.
>>
>>77380255
Holy shit im dying
>>
I hate to ask, but can I get a link to Ep. 2? I caught the first episode of the season but I've been kept busy with family business for a few weeks; I grabbed this episode and last week's but apparently we're not worthy of archiving anymore.
>>
>>77380344
Some anons have been asking for a Mega folder for season 2, that gets updated weekly, but no one has moved into action to do it yet. Damn shame.
>>
File: 1441759232776.jpg (204KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1441759232776.jpg
204KB, 700x700px
animufags of /swg/, would you an anime about Lost Stars?

out of the new canon material that I've read, I feel it is the SW story that makes the most sense to turn into an animu
>>
>>77380378
MEGA Anon said they were going to do it, but they never did. :(

>>77380344
>S2E3 Always Two There Are:
https://mega.nz/#F!5cpnFChK!qA1dN4GVn7Nx5JBey75ODQ
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B93I7TSyr_f2V2YwV1ZERGVCNlE&usp=sharing

>S2E2 Relics of the Old Republic:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6lDFI93ly1lazdSMGx1YVdJeE0/view?usp=sharing
https://mega.nz/#F!YEQjhKST!8O1ddekAK2X9r6koxJM4aw

>S2E1 The Lost Commanders:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6lDFI93ly1lcjhfNTRwZE1LUWM&usp=sharing
https://mega.nz/#F!8IZTAZIZ!k8dnWF1dv1XEz7ujdcULog

>Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal
https://mega.nz/#!PcpyjBRR!Ws4hXEX7Y0NMmqL4WldQwQs56T3CD4pl26098e2d
>>
File: good good.jpg (111KB, 620x320px) Image search: [Google]
good good.jpg
111KB, 620x320px
>>77380378
>tfw you've done it and just haven't posted the link yet because you haven't been able to make the OP this week
>>
>>77380416
>anime in Star Wars
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no
>>
So, which are the worthwhile canon novels so far?

I'm thinking of getting Dark Disciple, LotS and A New Dawn.
>>
File: 927467.gif (1003KB, 245x220px) Image search: [Google]
927467.gif
1003KB, 245x220px
>>77380439
That's diabolical, Sheev.

I love it.
>>
>>77380448
all hypothetical nigga!
>>
>>77380215
>Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
>>
>>77380439
Then you post it every thread until someone picks up on it and adds it
>>
>>77380466
Add Lost Stars to your list for sure.
>>
>>77380378
That's a shame.

>>77380425
Thanks sempai

>>77380439
Tricksy sheevses.
>>
>>77380509
fuck that ending
>>
>>77380509
>That feel when you're already a demon
>>
>>77380466
Twilight Company is pretty good as well. Even with Battlefront on the title, it's hardly connected to the game past some things.
>>
File: 1330483469894.png (303KB, 522x494px) Image search: [Google]
1330483469894.png
303KB, 522x494px
Darth Vader had a brother?!

Is JJ kidding with this bullshit? Fuck the Force Awakens.
>>
>>77380579
That's a pretty thrilling lack of source you have there, anon.
>>
File: Bros before Hos.gif (896KB, 245x175px) Image search: [Google]
Bros before Hos.gif
896KB, 245x175px
>>77380579
Weren't you paying attention during RotS?
>>
>>77379146
>lost their connection to the force
That's another thing. The EU treated the force very differently from the movies and TCW.
>>
File: Ugj9FMz.jpg (219KB, 964x763px) Image search: [Google]
Ugj9FMz.jpg
219KB, 964x763px
>>77380612
>he hasn't seen it
>>
>>77380632
Everyone had their own interpretations, most weren't subtle about presenting it as fact, and Lucas just let them do it. It was bound to be a clusterfuck.
>>
>>77380667
Can't believe you fuckers fell for this.
>>
File: 1438979120614.png (140KB, 267x400px) Image search: [Google]
1438979120614.png
140KB, 267x400px
>>77380667
>Jizz-Wailing Alderaan Nights

I lost it, right here.
>>
>>77380667

>Take off that earring, Han

dead
>>
>>77380667
This is so obviously fake it hurts
>>
>>77380727
Who would be the dumbass to fall for that?
>>
>>77380667
Gold.
>>
>>77380667
You're missing Disc 2.

>Finn's Noble End
>Rey's Noble End
>Han's Noble End
>Jar-Jar's Noble End
>>
>>77380827
Forgetting Finn's noble end in Rey
>>
>>77380844
What did you think "Exploring Each Other" was for?!
>>
>>77380861
Han and Chewie
>>
>>77380509
>They played us like a damn Fizzz!
>>
do you guys think TFA will breed newer fans for the people who are just on the hype train ?
>>
>>77381173
Oh, absolutely and everyone who has been on the hype train due to being a movie or just TCW fan will hate them as Johnny come latelies. Ignoring that this is the first new Star Wars movie in some of these people's lives or living memories, or just that any of the movies is a potential hook for new people
>>
>>77381221

I just hope we don't see an influx of those "I'M SUCH A FAN" types that are becoming so common nowadays.

It used to be I saw a guy with an X-Wing shirt, I could go up to him and we'd talk about tons of SW-related shit; now everyone is wearing SW apparel and I don't know if someone is really a fan or if they're just using it as a fashion statement.
>>
If you fell asleep on the Ghost and had a dick drawn on your face when you woke up, who would you assume it was?
>>
>>77381349
Sabine, duh
>>
>>77381349
Chopper.

The dick is just a warning, he's letting you know that you're not safe asleep.
>>
>>77381173
I think old fans are going to be insufferable and bitch non stop about it
>>
>>77381349
>who would you assume it was?
I would say Chopper, but he'd carve one into your face with a rusty knife, while you were awake. So my best bet would have to be Sabine. I'd be photorealistic too.
>>
>>77381360
>>77381422
And you know if it was Sabine it'd be a BBC
>>
>>77381443
/tv/ pls
>>
>>77381325
>I don't know if someone is really a fan or if they're just using it as a fashion statement.

That angers me to no end, I feel you there. See someone with an interesting shirt, strike up a conversation and ask pertinent questions about the symbol or saying and they give you a blank look.
>>
>>77381443
It'd probably be something exotic, like a Gungan dick.
>>
>>77381443
Big Brass Chopper? You better believe it!
>>
>>77381546
>The rebels logo she keeps spraypainting everywhere is actually a gungan dick
>>
File: 1426112158741.jpg (69KB, 395x450px) Image search: [Google]
1426112158741.jpg
69KB, 395x450px
>>77381556
Heh.
>>
File: PROBES.jpg (85KB, 646x764px) Image search: [Google]
PROBES.jpg
85KB, 646x764px
>>77381364
PROBES
I HATE PROBES
>>
>>77367474
>>77367521
Well, I do believe that SW:Republic Commando is featured in Clone Wars, making it canon as well.
>>
>>77381768
Delta Squad showed up. The events of the game may or may not be.
>>
File: Delta Squad TCW.jpg (45KB, 800x338px)
Delta Squad TCW.jpg
45KB, 800x338px
>>77381768

That's not how it works.

Star Wars: Republic Commando is Legends.

Delta Squad itself, as in the characters Boss, Scorch, Fixer, and Sev, have a cameo appearance at the beginning of "Witches of the Mist".

What is canon, then, is that there was a clone commando squad called Delta Squad that consisted of four clone commandos called Boss, Scorch, Fixer, and Sev.

In fact, since their names aren't given in the episode as far as I can recall, even that might not be fully canon. Just a group of commandos who LOOK like Delta Squad.

If a Legends work is referenced in a new canon work, the Legends work does not become canon.
>>
File: Deltas.png (1MB, 1875x825px) Image search: [Google]
Deltas.png
1MB, 1875x825px
>>77381768
>>
File: CANON UPDATE.jpg (3MB, 4500x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CANON UPDATE.jpg
3MB, 4500x1080px
>>
>>77381892
Just want to say that this is how it works.

That's not a judgement on what should or should not be canon, nor is it an endorsement or appraisal of one story over the other: it's just how canon works.

Aspects of older canon might make their way back, which could be fun or it could be retarded, but unless there's an explicit mention then there's no canon.

This is simpler than the latest DC canon shuffle, why are people getting so confused by this?
>>
>>77382265
Swanky.
>>
>>77381173

Rebels and TCW has created new fans, so of course.
>>
>>77367474
Why did disney erase so much? Until looking at that chart, i had assumed that they had kept some things that were relevant. But it seems like they just wiped everything except the two trilogies, cgi clone wars, and rebels.

When it happened, i saw someone comment that the prequel trilogy was no longer canon either. I thought it was a joke, but now i wouldn't be entirely surprised if it was true.

I've always wanted to read the EU comics, but it feels almost pointless now. I wonder how the people who created all that art and those stories feel about disney rendering it meaningless.
>>
>>77381370
In fairness, the movie is probably going to deserve it; even ignoring potential spoilers and going off of the trailers, it looks like a J. J. Abrams movie and not a Star Wars movie. Most of the fanbase was pretty unanimous from the get-go in thinking that the prequels were crap but I have a feeling that Ep. VII is going to cause an outright schism between fans who think that the integrity of their beloved franchise has been betrayed for the sake of making money (oh the ironing) and fans who are just happy to be getting more Star Wars.

And on another note, you always have some sperging whenever something like this happens but I predict the shitstorm around this movie will be extremely intense and extremely bitter because identity politics are going to be brought into the debate. Remember the shitshow that was GamerGate? Well this is going to be like that except worse and spread to every corner of the "nerd" community because Star Wars has its thumb in so many pies.
>>
>>77382485
Force Awakens looks like it's pandering to the OT crowd hard though.
>>
>>77382485
>it looks like a J. J. Abrams movie and not a Star Wars movie.

Nah, it definitely looks like a Star Wars movie.
>>
File: sexy sheev 2.jpg (102KB, 695x752px) Image search: [Google]
sexy sheev 2.jpg
102KB, 695x752px
Doodled another sexy Sheev
>>
>>77382564
the bulge is suppossed to point a bit more down anon
>>
>>77382594
He's got it rolled up.
>>
>>77382564
>know you will experience the full length of the dark side
>>
>>77382485
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9owoYz5ikvI

This definitely feels like star wars. You sound like a judgemental cunt. Furthermore, JJ is influenced by Spielberg who influenced Lucas... so there styles for these types of movies are similar.
>>
>>77382659
Is Sheev burned down there too?
>>
>>77382542
Which will just make them more bitter.

>>77382562
Are you kidding me? There's so much of his defining style in everything we've seen so far that they may as well just stick a watermark in the corner and be done with it.
>>
>>77382683
In his defense, if you had lightning powers you'd probably want to jack off with them, too.
>>
>>77382680

>I SEE YOUR EYES
>I KNOW YOUR EYES

heh, the best two actors going by all the trailers in TFA have been black. go figure.
>>
>>77382857
B-but Abrams only cast them due to pandering! They can't possibly be good!
>>
File: the crispy dick.jpg (161KB, 644x504px) Image search: [Google]
the crispy dick.jpg
161KB, 644x504px
>>77382683

No but vader is, just ask aphra

p.s. filename related
>>
>>77381325

It's going to happen. Primarily with girls. Nerd culture is fashionable.
>>
>>77382454

I don't understand this mindset. It's just fucking childish is what it is.

How does something being non-canon change you enjoyment of it in any way whatsoever?

You were NEVER EVER EVER going to get movies that had anything to do with the EU in the first place. So why do you care?

Knights of the Old Republic still exists. The Thrawn Trilogy still exists. The Dark Horse comics still exist. We didn't have a Star Wars Bonfire of the Vanities.

A higher up saying something isn't canon anymore shouldn't impede your enjoyment at all because literally nothing has changed. Really the only thing that HAS changed is Post-RotJ stuff but the stories still exist and can be treated like an EU.

Marvel and DC have multiple different universes and iterations of their characters. I don't know why Star Wars fans can't deal with the same situation.

Disney didn't ruin the EU for you. You ruined it for yourself. Hell, the EU was never even actually canon in the first place. Only things George directly had a hand in were true canon.
>>
>>77381325
>not having a pop quiz memorized to test their knowledge
>>
>>77382979
Because Disney is literally stealing my memories and telling me what I enjoy is gone fuck you Dave Colony REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Just watched this. Found it kinda interesting considering how much shit the PT gets for using green screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7HgqBbCTjU
>>
>>77382454

Rebels didn't exist at the time of the wipe.

The six films and TCW were the only things that survived.

The reason why is because the Lucasfilm Story Group had two goals to fulfill: 1) create a coherent, cohesive, untiered continuity and 2) create blank space for new content.

Obviously the movies had to stay, because of course they couldn't throw them out.

TCW was kept too, because Lucas was personally involved in it. It was his pet project throughout his last several years with Lucasfilm.

The simplest way to meet both demands after that? Throw out everything else.

The LSG also mentioned at Celebration Anaheim that part of the problems with the old continuity came from the fact that the book/comic/vidya side of the company and the film/TV side of the company just never really talked to each other much, resulting in very dissimilar ideas of what to do. Part of this was because Lucas himself stuck to the film/TV side and never gave much of a shit about the book/comic/vidya side of the company; he let them run off and do their own stuff, but never considered it binding on him or anything he did.

Anyway, going forward, a lot of the old Legends writers are still onboard for the new canon. They're taking it well. Legends is being used as a pool of ideas that new canon writers can draw on going forward, so we're going to see LOTS of references to Legends stuff. I think John Jackson Miller said something like "the great thing about Legends is that every legend has some truth to it", implying that as the new canon gets fleshed out, it's probably going to generally resemble Legends even if it's not the same.
>>
>>77383055
how much of that is AoTC or RoTS? because those were the ones that were shot and digital. And those were the ones with CGI clones/yoda.
>>
>>77383055
Be careful when you post that. It draws the JJ Internet Defense Force out.
>>
>>77383055

IT GETS SHIT FOR THE TERRIBLE COMPOSITION, NOT THE CGI.
>>
>>77383085

No they absolutely get shit on all the time for the CGI to the point that J. J. had to create a video directed at the fans specifically explaining he was going back to practical effects.
>>
>>77383071
Shhhhhh they were practical they were practical shh
>>
>>77383058
>implying that as the new canon gets fleshed out, it's probably going to generally resemble Legends even if it's not the same.

Which should have been obvious to everyone really. If it doesn't directly conflict with prime canon then why can't it still exist for you.
>>
>>77381325

It's cultural colonialism is what it is.

Nerd culture's fashionable now, but nerds still aren't. So people are cruising in, finding out that nerds have their own subculture formed in response to being ostracized, and then re-ostracizing them because eww nerds.

I'd be offended if I weren't so used to it by now.
>>
>>77383153
>I love your Sheldon shirt, I watch Big Bang Theory too!
>>
>>77383153

Thing is you can't even point this out without being called a goobergooter or a fedora flipper. No winning here. Just gotta get over it and keep enjoying your shit.
>>
>>77383153
>>77383177
>>77383211
the big bang theory truly is blackface for nerds
>>
>>77383153
>>77383177
>>77383211
>>77383227
Maybe don't sound like such a weenie

>help, help, I'm being oppressed
>s-stay out of my safe spaces ;_;
>>
>>77383153

Sad but true.

Also I'm expecting so much tumblr shipping. Ugh. At least Vader is already dead so he might escape it.
>>
>>77383240

It's not really about oppression or safe spaces really. I mean I don't think anyone is going to argue that it's not childish. But it always sucks when something you love gets taken over and you end up pushed out.

But there absolutely are still people out there who hold a LOT of resentment towards "normies" because they were mocked and ridiculed and the only place they found solace was in things like this. But now the same people who made their life hell wear these things to be trendy.
>>
>>77383289
Time to, you know, not be twelve.
>>
>>77383289

Yeah, and also thanks to social media studios and creators sometimes listen more to the 'new' fans (with delicious new money) than the old fans. Then you get shit like 'put more Loki in muh Avengers' and forced romances and all of that. I can see how people hate that.
>>
>>77383312

Getting mad that new people are entering your fandom is childish sure.

But I think it's perfectly valid to be wary or resentful when the new crowd starts to take over and the franchise begins to be warped towards the newer fans like >>77383316 said.

It's why so many people bailed on DC for the New 52.
>>
>>77383312

It's one thing for people to come in and enjoy it too. No problems there. That's always great.

It's another for them to come in and demand things be changed to suit them and then tell us to get out if we don't like it.
>>
File: Jar Jar Binks.jpg (15KB, 300x324px) Image search: [Google]
Jar Jar Binks.jpg
15KB, 300x324px
Favorite Clone Wars arc?

Hard Mode: Not Umbara
>>
>>77383312
>>77383240
every other hobby in the world has absolutely no problem telling people to fuck off if they clearly don't belong yet demand concessions. You are not special, you don't get to gatecrash this one and pretend you always belonged. Stop being a selfentitled little shit, and stop enabling others.
>>
>>77383688
Younglings arc was really fun.
Gascon's arc, while terrible, holds a special place in my heart. I enjoyed it way too much.
>>
>>77367862
It will happen after Rogue One and it will be a horrible unfinished mess with EA at the reins.
>>
>>77382680
Only thing that doesn't really look Star Wars is the camera work. I see a lot of closer face shots that would normally be body shots. And of course some Abrams lens flaring here and there.
>>
>>77383688
Maul tearing shit up on Mandalore.
>>
>>77383744
>>77367862
I'm waiting for my Star Citizen Star Wars mod.
>>
>>77383688
Mortis.
>>
>>77383821
Me too.
Great taste.
>>
File: 1320532588968.jpg (332KB, 1280x881px) Image search: [Google]
1320532588968.jpg
332KB, 1280x881px
>>77383312
>I don't want any new people in my [hobby/fandom/etc.] because new people in my other [hobbies/fandoms/etc.] have been responsible for changing them in ways that I don't like
>lel grow the fuck up kid
>>
>>77383706

These were the same two I thought of.

As well as >>77383798 and >>77383821

Good taste going around in this thread.
>>
>>77383770

The action in general feels to "run around explosions action movie" too me, like what Abrams did with Star Trek.

Sure, Star Wars has action and it has explosions, but it's always been handled differently. It's never been an action movie. It's always been more in the tradition of the classical epic. There's a certain melodrama to it all, and a slower pace, even in the big action setpieces.

TL;DR: Abrams Star Trek style isn't Flash Gordon enough for Star Wars.
>>
>>77383688

Wrong Jedi
>>
When is that new UK Rebels comic supposed to be out? Haven't heard from those things in a while.
>>
>>77383920
>The action in general feels to "run around explosions action movie" too me

>Prequel trilogy
>Severe lack of ship battles
>Star Wars fans bitch at George

>New trilogy
>All the action we've seen in the trailers has been ship battles
>FUKKIN J.J. U HACK

We really are never satisfied are we?
>>
>>77383949
November's came out, but nobody's storytimed it as far as I know. A dude on TFN posted a summary of it.
>>
>>77383949
>>77384225
Actually anon I've got an update for you. I've found a shitty low-res version online if you want me to share.
>>
What's up?
>>
>>77384012
I see you're silly.
I'm quite silly myself.
>>
So, what comics are we getting tomorrow?
>>
>>77384787
Vader and Chewbacca
>>
MEGA anon on? Make that new thread, you magnificent scoundrel.
>>
>>77383058
So what you're really saying is Kyle Katarn is canon guys!
>>
>>77383920
Now you're just trying to find something to hate. The new movie looks different because it's been made by a different director, but it absolutely feels like a Star Wars movie. Like it or not, but space battles between X-Wings and Tie Fighters, superweapons, lightsabers and of course the classic heroes journey are what define Star Wars for many people. The action and the explosions have always been there, just watch the Trench Run or the battle of Hoth. In fact, Abrams's Trek movies have mainly been criticized for being "too much like Star Wars".
>>
>>77384851
I thought it was Kanan and Chewbacca?
>>
Darth Vader in the Star Wars comics is fucking amazing
>>
>>77386076
Wait, no, you're right, I guess Marvel's site is full of shit.
>>
>>77367862
>>77367892
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/impellerstudios/starfighter-inc

what could have been.
>>
why does the google play page lie about uprising's file size? it says 606 megs, but it's actually around 2 gigs.
>>
File: ackbar grievous.jpg (353KB, 1833x627px) Image search: [Google]
ackbar grievous.jpg
353KB, 1833x627px
>tfw Ackbar Grievous was the rusemaster all along
>>
>>77387125
Why is the art so terrible?
>>
>>77383211
Personally I'd take being called a goobergooter as an unwitting compliment.

"Why thank you, yes I do care about ethics in journalism and don't like hypocritical agenda-pushers"
>>
>>77386447

Dunno bout google but how the sausage is made at apple is the smaller is the "download size" and then the larger is the unpacked size because: compression
>>
>>77387259
>goobergooter
>actually caring about ethics in journalism
>>
File: star-wars-commander-comparison.png (488KB, 800x461px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-commander-comparison.png
488KB, 800x461px
Imperialist pigs support the Empire, surprising no one.
>>
>>77387416
I'm surprised the UK is so evenly split.

Considering we had the defining empire of the modern world and every Imperial seems to be british, you'd think we'd be all about that Empire.
>>
>>77387407
>Implying that's not what it's supposed to be about
>Implying that the anti crowd aren't terrible and dishonest people who can't argue without their case falling apart

>>77387238
At least it's not Escalation.

>>77383688
Geonosis was pretty good, and so was the Clone arc.
>>
>>77387450

Yeah but then you got flounced by the nazis so theres that
>>
>>77387528
I sincerely hope you're joking.
>>
>>77387519
Hah. Escalation. Now there was a storytime of pain.
>>
>>77387541
not that anon, but about what? "flounced" is the wrong word, but the kingdom was bombed, it was terrorizing for the people. would lead to some anti imperialist thoughts in my mind.
>>
>>77387561
The nazis were not an empire. Hitler had ideals towards a german empire sure, but they never became reality.

The empire vs empire showdown was WW1.

By the time WW2 came around there was barely anything left in the world that could be called an empire.
>>
>>77387519
>implying both sides aren't terrible and dishonest people who can't argue without their case falling apart
>>
>>77387591

>Nazis were not an empire
>third reich
>controlled most of europe, including former allied powers like france

Now it is I who sincerely hope youre joking
>>
>>77387591
They were both the same war
>>
>>77387591
I think you are missing the fact that the galactic empire is based heavily on Nazi Germany.
>>
>>77387663

What the fuck history books are you guys reading....
>>
>>77387662
I'd tell you to go to /his/ but a) that place is a shithole and b) it wouldn't help anyway.

Like I said, Hitler wanted to create an empire but he failed. Nazi Germany was not an empire, and was never considered an empire.
>>
>>77387637
Eh, my sympathies are with the ones that don't actively defend pedophiles for having the right opinions and are actually trying to have an argument about something relevant. That isn't anti.

Also, GG tried to argue fairly. Anti didn't. That alone makes me more inclined to be sympathetic.

The kind of wannabe culture police that make up anti can fuck right off from things I care about because everything they touch is going to turn to shit. Depression quest and Revolution 60 are not good games. These people can't MAKE good games.

>>77387528
The word you're looking for is trounced.

Does anyone think we're going to see Lothal get the Taris treatment this season?
>>
>>77387773
>these people can't MAKE good games
so when's fleetcomm coming out broski :^)
>>
File: 123.png (507KB, 614x614px) Image search: [Google]
123.png
507KB, 614x614px
1080p anon here. If disney doesn't fuck anything up, 1080p of tonight's episode will be up in 12 hours (maybe a bit less)
>>
NEW THREAD:
>>77388158
>>77388158
>>77388158
>>
>>77368128
Really, it was such a disappointment to see Grevious in Episode 3 after seeing CW. TCW is better in the consistency of the character, but it's not like Tartakovsky didn't just look at Grevious' design and not just think that this character would be more badass than what Lucas wanted.
Thread posts: 521
Thread images: 83

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.