[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fill in the blank: Inside Out is the best Pixar movie since _________.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: sadnesspop.jpg (51KB, 450x321px) Image search: [Google]
sadnesspop.jpg
51KB, 450x321px
Fill in the blank: Inside Out is the best Pixar movie since _________.
>>
>>77360233
I hate those Pop things
>>
>>77360233
Planes
>>
>>77360597
The one for Anger just looks even more like Super Meat Boy.
>>
>>77360605
/thread
>>
My fucking asshole

(''Ohh'', in an Italian New Yorker accent"
>>
>>77360233
Monsters University

Which isn't to say either are bad; they're both much better than Brave or either of the Cars movies.
>>
>>77360597
Look at them this way- they're the new Beanie Babies, except they might make a character you care about.
In another five years, I'll be able to buy a box full of them for $10 at a yard sale.
>>
>>77360722
I just don't like how they scream "Look how nerdy I am"

Maybe I'm autistic for this.
>>
>>77360872
I don't see them that way, they are just another type of swag
They're like shittier Nendos
>>
>>77360597
>>77360872
I don't like them because they aren't consistent with their visual style and often get design aspects wrong.
>>
>>77360872
I can kind of see that.
I'm just tickled to death that I can the White Power Ranger and Terry McGinnis.
>>
>>77360597
Well, Funko is already starting to lose some steam. There were still a handful of Funko Pop's I could sell for at least $60 bucks and four that I sold for $150...for something I paid $15 for however, Funko fucked flippers like me and themselves by releasing the SDCC 2015 exclusives at certain retailers labeled as Summer 2015 exclusives...the same damn unique molds and color alternates, but with a different penny sized sticker on the outside...

So half of my exclusives I bought at Comic Con devalued but the other half paid for it all and about 600 dollars profit.

To those who watch the market Funko is dead already, but most casuals won't notice until next year, unless Funko realize what a mistake the Summer Exclusives were, Because why would a customer who is just a fan of a particular exclusive character or alternate paint/mold buy from me when they can get it whenever they want at hot topic or Barnes and Noble. Also why would I, a reseller spend my money on something that is available elsewhere, I'm going to buy only things that are only being sold those four days at San Diego because that's what makes money...Entertainment Earth doesn't get it and they wonder why their booth is empty after the first day. when only the hardcore fans get their personal must haves.

Also, never buy dorbz or dorbz XL, nobody likes them and are practically giving them away.
>>
>>77361002
So just because scalpers can't scalp the companies going to fail?
You people are fucking retarded.
>>
>>77361051
It's not scalping if it's only sold in one place at a certain time.

Hypothetical...Let's say your some rural kid from a fly over state...like say Iowa...so first you need to buy tickets to comic con...something that sells out in 7minutes or less world wide $250, now you need a hotel...once again if you don't join the comic con hotel list or set something up months in advance your not going to get a room if you just show up but lets say you did and even at a cheap hotel...$700 (and I'm being very generous with that number because even the ghetto Motel 6 is $800 for SDCC, then you need a plane ticket...how much will that be, I don't know let's just say $300 round trip.

Now your here! How about food? How about cab fare, because there is no fucking parking and if there is it's expensive.

Then you get in line at Funko Pop as soon as it open and you think you have a good chance, you only guess about 500 people ahead of you after all you got in the line less than five minutes after the doors open...which of course you stayed in line for the doors to open at 1AM at a minimum of course...oh shit looks like that last of the 1 of 500 WORLD WIDE Funko pops sold out before you got to the register which was about two hours later.

Well shit, you spent thousands of dollars and took at least five days off from work and you didn't get the toy you wanted.

This shit happens all the time to out of state people like you and people from other countries.

If you were smart you would have stayed at home, and bought it online from me for just a measly three times the retail price. Plus if your really from out of town and in San Diego a happening social and vacation spot and you don't spend time partying and eating and going to lots of FREE events to see movies ahead of time and play games, then what the fuck is wrong with you?

I worked to get those toys and yes, I do have slight advantage of living in California I have a business license and I run my store professionally.
>>
>>77361051
If I wanted something that was exclusive in Italy, do I bitch out to the guy who lived in the town the event was held and got one and put it on sale?

Also, yes Funko is already starting to fade and that stunt they pulled last SDCC made them dead in the eyes of many professionals.
>>
>>77361051
And you can bitch all you want but plenty of other people bought my stock at my prices...mostly Europeans.

Because even if they could afford to travel to SDCC, they aren't going to be standing in line and fighting for toys when they could be having a fun time going to panels, seeing cool events out in town and chase girls, they are going to have a vacation, not work.
>>
>>77361218
This has nothing to do at all with how well Funko is doing, it's all about how well your particular buisness is doing. Nobody cares if Funko is fucking you by putting stickers on their figs or whatever.
>>
>>77361218
From what you said, it sounds to me like it's good that that rural kid from Iowa can walk into Hot Topic or Barnes and Noble and buy the figure he wants instead of overpaying to get it from you. That benefits Funko too.
>>
Deez nuts
>>
>>77361336
Exactly, you win, and I just flip another product..it's funko who loses.

But either way, if your upset that rare items aren't available in your area or don't capitalize on it, then hate the game, not the player, if I had an issue of Action Comics #1 in a high grade, you'd hate me for trying to sell it for 15 G's

Hey man, buyers set the market, I got my hand on the Fallout 4 edition with the Case, and wearable functional pip noy, snd I'm an asshole to you because I paid attention the Bethesda event about bought but you did'nt because you didn't know and did not see the annoucement? Well then you4 obviously not a real fallout 4 fan because if you were you would have been paying attdntion to all the fallout news and subscribed to their social media.
>>
>>77361304
Well I amd hundreds of othe hobby and collectible merchants are not going to be rushing to buy their products or multiples of their products. I spent $500 at Funko Booth this year and only made tripple my money back, which in this business is not enough for me because really I'm only making double because of ebay and paypal fees. So that's $500 that Funko won't be getting from me and hundreds of other sellers.

I mean spending $15 to get $45 or more seems nice, but compare that to a $30 dollar figure I got at 3A that's is smaller and easier to ship that I sold to a french guy for $450...do the math.

If you want to stay mad, be mad, but I make on average 3,000 a month flipping comics...some people sift through landfills in 3rd world countries...life is life.
>>
>>77361304
Oh and my business is doing well because the funki pops I didn't sell I traded for vintage disney toys at an antique shop...fool did'nt know what he had and I traded for items that I know will move and will move for at least double money all said and done.

Remember good old Reagan and his Trickle down economics, but mostly I make money off of sellers who are too dumb or lazy to do the research on what they have and either sell it too low , which is great for me to stock up my store, or they price their shit too high with numbers pulled out of their ass just thinking it's valuable because it's old and their shit never sells which also helps me

Continued...
>>
File: bwahahaa.png (576KB, 425x623px) Image search: [Google]
bwahahaa.png
576KB, 425x623px
>this thread derails into a blog about selling these horrible fucking chibi things
I bet he's the fucking OP too.
>>
>>77361646
I'd fucking love you if you were trying to sell it for 15 gs because I would have made millions ripping you off for it
>>
>>77361852
I don't care if you don't like me, or even don't buy from me because many others will who have checked their pride, or think about it logically and understand my expenses and efforts in aquiring these limited products and see that my prices are reasonable.

What I'm trying to impress upon you is to be a smarter consumer and use the information I've given you to help you get the stuff you want at a good price.

Let's say you do go to comic con and end up buying stuff that catches your eye, but it turns out it's not limited, it's just the salesman spinning his web, I'm not saying never buy it, but have theknowledge that you can buy it elsewhere and instead spend your money on things that are limited and once in a life time collectibles at San Diego, or hell put the money towards beer and having a good time.
>>
>>77361947
Holy shit man, you on drugs? Because this is one hell of a rant if not.
>>
>>77361975
He's trying really hard to justify to us (and maybe himself) his scalping, even when nobody is really replying.
>>
>>77361913
No, I'm not the OP, but either way, just realize that just like power, value is an illusion, it's a trick, value is what to we want it to be.

In the end these are just toys, lumps of plastic that give us a smile of joy or accompishment in having these naterial objects that we can't take with us when we die.
>>
>>77361935
But the point he's mad at others having a a rare and valuable item that's highly sought after and selling it at a high price.

What, should it be just given away then?
>>
>>77361975
Just saying man, why be mad? Live and let live.

>>77361994

Just trying to educate you.
>>
>>77361975
Also drugs are bad, but I totally understand and respect drug dealers. There is a market, and they are capitalizing on it. No different than comics and collectible toys, your all addicts. You want it, you need it and you'll pay for it.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.