[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thor: Godbutcher storytime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 295
Thread images: 223

From a time long forgotten......

Before girl power passes and ethics in hammer wielding.....

There was a god, and a butcher, and the war they waged across time.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>77337568
This story is based, OP. Thank you.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Along with Heavens on fire, one of the best things Aaron has ever done, too bad the run falls in quality super hard after this arc, even before the whole fem thor debacle, the Malekit arc was just mediocre, get your shit together Aaron, also thanks for the storytime OP
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>77337960
>>77338069
No problem senpai

I'm mostly a DC reader but even I thought this was one of the best Thor stories I'd ever read

Sucks to know Aaron is capable of stuff like this though
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I hope you guys are still reading
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>77338810
Such bros
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Reading this really drives home how shitty fem-thor is.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
See what I love best about this arc is that it could have been a DEEP take on religion and make statements about morals and existentialism and other bullcrap but instead it just gives us some fucking hardcore metal adventure.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
that was metal as fuck
>>
File: 1364986563395.jpg (116KB, 400x536px) Image search: [Google]
1364986563395.jpg
116KB, 400x536px
>that feel when you won't have any more awesome Thor stories for many years until She-Thor fucks off
>>
>>77338116
>>77338151
These two pages are fucking amazing. I remember reading it the first time and having a rare and genuine OH SHIT moment.

Thanks for the story time, OP.

Anyone have any other thor story recommendations?
>>
>>77337568
It's a shame what happened with this run. Started off with the best Thor story since Simonson and then everything after was garbage.
>>
been without the ability to dl and read comics outside of storytimes and viewcomicdotcom for 4 months, and got 2-3 left to go.

been wanting to read this since may when i finally started catching up on post siege marvel. i took a 3 year hiatus from /co, comics, and buying anything but the occasional grant morrison trade (almost done collecting the invisibles and gaimans sandman) or whatever. spent january-march catching up on the new 52, reading tons and tons of books. from april-may i started reading marvel i missed out on from the same time period and was enjoying hickvengers so much. really wanted to read this often mentioned thor run since i finally took note of it in june (didnt have pc then like im stuck now in the same situation) so OP thank you /cobro
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 689x486px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 689x486px
>>77337635
This cracks me up
>>
>>77341759
Bullshit dude.
Accursed wasn't bad it was just blisteringly meh.
And Last Days of Midgard was great.

And the only thing really wrong with the female Thor issues so far is the Titana scene.
>>
>>77337568
Fuck yeah Anon this has been on my back burner for ages!
>>
>>77337635
>Well shit
>>
>>77340848
God teir page
>>
>>77339011
>>
Awesome Thor

Is there another awesome Thor by other writers?
>>
>And the only thing really wrong with the female Thor issues so far is the Titana scene.

Only thing? KeK
>>
Do you also happen to have the next issue? It's still kinda an epilogue and is also pretty fucking god tier
>Slice of life stories of a god
>>
File: Thor nightmare.jpg (527KB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Thor nightmare.jpg
527KB, 988x1500px
>>77342714
Do you want something like you just read? Because there was a Thor comic that came out a couple of years ago that was pretty cute. Art was on point and the writing was good too
>>
>>77342761
Don't know why I spoilered
>>
>>77337568
The art is mighty impressive, what's the artist working on now?
>>
>>77342880
Secret Wars.
>>
>>77342898
Huh, I was wondering if that is his current work at first- turns out that is indeed the case.
>>
>>77342761
I do reccomend reading this comic. Thor the Mighty Avenger is what it's called. It's kinda like a romance comic, and it's actually good. Appearances from Mr.Hyde, Captain Britain, Ironman, and even Ant-Man
>>
>>77342898
>>77342927
You can tell because all the Thors are recycled straight from here!

Seriously, SW is Ribic worst work to date, the schedule really fucked him over. Read Sub-Mariner: the Depths or Ultimates to see him give his best.
>>
File: spooky.jpg (852KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
spooky.jpg
852KB, 1988x3056px
>>77342982
I couldnt even tell that this was his work. He's real good
>>
Bumping a truly god-tier tale.
>>
>>77340886
HOLY FUCKING CHRIST
>>
You anons did not lie; That was metal as fuck.
It will be hard to sleep with this throbbing erection but I'll find a way. Goodnight.
>>
and this makes me wonder what that god damned spiderverse would have been with a better writer
>>
This is an amazing story.
Deep, full of pathos and feelings and amazing wonder, and epic beyond measure, a time spanning tale across the galaxy, full of gods, wars, vikings...

And we traded this for Girl Thor?
>>
>>77337685
trading this for feminism

o tempora o mores
>>
I love this so much. I really tried getting into She-Thor, but I just can't. The writing is atrocious and it feels like they've already worn out the novelty of it.
>>
>>77337568
Such a solid arc
>>
>>77342039
How about Thor losing the hammer to begin with?
How about "cancer patient" being sufficient grounds to have "ethics in hammer wielding?"
How about the mere concept of Thor losing his first fucking name?

Even if Thorina's stories were good they'd still be predicated on bullshit. That might be forgivable, again, if the stories were good.

They aren't.
>>
>>77343455
It's only a matter of time before Whor is phased out.
>>
File: 1378187516034.jpg (364KB, 1280x2030px) Image search: [Google]
1378187516034.jpg
364KB, 1280x2030px
>>77342880
>>77342982
>>77343035
Also recommend Silver Surfer Requiem and the early 00s Loki mini (the trade's callrf Thor & Loki: Blood Brothers).
Shit the latest Requiem storytime might still be in the archive.
>>
>no issue 12
awwww. :(
There's enough room for it though.
>>
>all these /pol/babbies crying over Female Thor

jesus get over yourselves
>>
>Using time travel as a plot
>THE ANNIHIBLADE

I'm sorry, but I can't call this good. It started off really interesting, and it had some nice moments. Still, I can't respect this as a story. The annihiblade used as a serious name I can forgive, but not time travel plotlines.
>>
>>77337568
thanks for this OP! great read!
>>
>>77344696
why not
>>
>>77337614
Bump
>>
>>77344336
>How about Thor losing the hammer to begin with?
That is a story path you personally don't like that is not the same thing as flawed writing.
>How about "cancer patient" being sufficient grounds to have "ethics in hammer wielding?"
They haven't said anything so far about what makes her worthy. And that line was in the Loki book not in Whor.
> How about the mere concept of Thor losing his first fucking name?
He didn't lose it, he gave it up voluntarily as a title symbolically.
> That might be forgivable, again, if the stories were good.
We have only gotten one story so far and the Malekith working with the Minotaur stuff is awesome, Cul being used is Awesome, Odin being a dick is iffy, we will see where that goes and the Unworthy Thor trying to track down who Whor is was fun. So no its not been that fucking bad.
>>
>>77344491
Here Bruh!
http://viewcomic.com/thor-god-of-thunder-012/
>>
>>77344994
Maybe 4u but considering your shit taste that's not a good thing..
>>
>>77345015
What was shitty in anyway about what transpired other than the Titania scene? Fucking Explain it!
>>
>>77339220
ITTTT WASSS ONLYYYY A LOAF OF BREAD

PRISONER 60241
>>
>>77339389
>That the X-Men are always going on about

KEK
>>
Every page of this comic looks like a Metal album cover.

And it's fucking perfect. Seriously. So many shots I'd love to have blown up for my wall.
>>
>>77338270
RIP Falligar the Behemoth
;_;7
>>
>>77344994
Thor's name isn't a title, it's not a persona like Spider Man or Captain America, it's not a mantle someone else can take up. It's HIS NAME. What Jane did amounts to nothing more than magic identity theft.
>>
>>77345116
Different Anon here. Read it as it came out. Had friends who like and hated it but formed my own opinion. Tried it and liked it up to #4, finished the arc with a bitter taste.

The bad
>Thor losing his arm in #1, practically beating the Dog when he's down.
>Stretching identity reveal across the whole arc
>Mjolnir suddenly hating Thor and performing super special attacks for Jane
>M-mjolnir never loved me this way, you get to be Thor now!
>Odin being the go-to jerk because the arc decided to be about "Guys vs girls"
>As opposed to concurrently running fun superhero stuff like Ms. Marvel, FalconCap, etc.
>Jane "Being Thor is killing me but I don't want to be cured of cancer" Foster
>Seriously they're not even gonna explain how she got on the moon
>One time free girl pass
>Freyja's "AM I RIGHT, LADIES?"
>Bringing Black Widow to fight the Destroyer
>Because it's about men vs women

Plus side was mostly what you mentioned
>First 3 Issues were bland to fun.
>Thor's list was fun
>Cul was used
>Minotaur and Malekith was fun
>Uru arm plot advancement was welcome

Thor should be about hammering mythical shit in the face, not read like a girl power primer. The sooner we forget that arc and go into bashing shit like a proper Thor comic, the better.
>>
>>77345750
>it's not a mantle someone else can take up
The mythological symbol and identity of Thor can be considered a mantel and someone can fucking take on his persona.
>>
>>77345752
>Thor losing his arm in #1, practically beating the Dog when he's down.
I liked that as it led to the mechanical arm.
>Stretching identity reveal across the whole arc
Was indifferent to that altho I personally wish it was Roz.
>Mjolnir suddenly hating Thor and performing super special attacks for Jane
>M-mjolnir never loved me this way, you get to be Thor now!
Agreed.
>As opposed to concurrently running fun superhero stuff like Ms. Marvel, FalconCap, etc.
I don't want Thor to be bright campy bullshit.
>Seriously they're not even gonna explain how she got on the moon
Yet
>One time free girl pass
Agreed
>Because it's about men vs women
Because she was on Thor's list.
>>
>>77340228
>thor riding a space shark into battle

god this comic is great
>>
>I've been having impure thoughts about my grandfather

kek
>>
>>77339381
Wait, Thor is going to remember secret wars?
>>
Personally just how they fucked up the concept of female ghost rider with Alejandra, female Thor could had worked if:
>use an established character that actually covers the Walter Simonson's rules of being worthy, remember lifting Mjolnir has nothing to do with pureness and good intention, is about to be a noble warrior
>considering that Sif was the only right choice
>make the situation in which Thor loses the hammer fair and clear, then it wouldn't come up as a cheap shot at Thor fans
>kill classic Thor if you want the new one to take the name, is a name not a title
Etc etc..
>>
>>77338270
RIP Falligar the Behemoth
;_;7
>>
>>77340886
I think this would have been even better if he started listing out the names of the men who helped save him from Gorr the first time just to prove that he cared and remembered them.
>>
>>77345006
>>77345006
>>77345006
>>77345006
>>77345006
>>
>>77340112
>Fuck this shit verily, I'll get a bigger hammer!
>>
thanks op
>>
>>77345750
>What Jane did amounts to nothing more than magic identity theft.
Jane didn't TAKE anything. Thor GAVE HER his name freely. How many times does someone have to tell you this before you get it?
Oh, but wait......you haven't read it, have you? If you had, you'd know that Thor made a whole speech about how he wasn't worthy, and how bad he felt, and then his mom made another speech to Janethor about "to hell with the hammer......be worthy of the name."
>>
>>77340228
You sure this isn't published by Heavy Metal or one of the Metabarons arch?
>>
>>77340465
Fug
>>
>>77348245
Funny enough, Ribic is doing the art for a new Metabarons book soon.
>>
>>77340706
SPLIT YOUR LUNGS WITH BLOOD AND THUNDER
WHEN YOU SEE THE WHITE WHALE
BREAK YOUR BACKS AND CRACK YOUR OARS MEN
IF YOU WISH TO PREVAIL
>>
>>77348392
Sweet
>>
>>77340886
I'd just kill myself on the spot.
>>
>>77344479
is that silver surfer Requiem? that miniseries was so fucking sad, amazing but sad
>>
>>77344994
>They haven't said anything so far about what makes her worthy

THAT IS PART OF THE FUCKING PROBLEM

Nothing in her book has made her any thing then anther chick with superpowers,nothign has made us go "man this is specail. OR "man she is worthy."

This is almost as bad as Ms. Marvel suddenly being the greatest female super hero in the world despite he years of being a hot mess and and obsucrity
>>
>>77339621
Which Thorfu would you fug?
>>
>>77345808
No. You're talking about presiding over Thunder, not about the fucking name.
>>
File: 15892038402.png (49KB, 232x252px) Image search: [Google]
15892038402.png
49KB, 232x252px
>Go on comic books section of Reddit out of curiosity
>Full of White Knights and SJWs that get angry when you call lady thor "Whor"

I am never going there again.
>>
>>77349204
Ellisiv. The imagined incest only makes her hotter
Thread posts: 295
Thread images: 223

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.