[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are American cartoons so fucking hideous nowadays? We got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

Why are American cartoons so fucking hideous nowadays? We got these simple shape, round teeth, no shading bullshit going on and I keep seeing more of it. Like this Clarence bullshit, Adventure Time and its clones (Bravest Warriors, Steven Universe, Bee and Puppycat) etc.
>>
File: 42ZTS[1].jpg (27KB, 500x188px) Image search: [Google]
42ZTS[1].jpg
27KB, 500x188px
Unlike anime which is always fresh and interesting.
>>
The economy has changed. I'd rather have a full season of episodes than 6. Stuff like Korra cost a fortune to produce.

Also, watching old cartoons, they are inconsistent as fuck. Sometimes characters look completely messed up.
>>
to make show making affordable, and not all shows require super Evangelion aniamtion
>>
I'll admit Clarence is pretty ugly, but the rest is alright (AT and BW are debatable). And I'm not sure what you mean by "nowadays". Like, not the 70's? Because the 80's were soulless and everyone's favorite decade the 90's saw the rise of Klasky Csupo shit and the like. Fucking Simpsons is ugly as shit, too. I just don't know what you mean.
>>
File: rs007.jpg (113KB, 986x603px) Image search: [Google]
rs007.jpg
113KB, 986x603px
>>61818298
would you like clarence more if it looked like this, op.
>>
>>61818298
american cartoons have always been ugly. remember klasky-csupo?
right now we're experimenting, because a few people have realized the current recycling process can't go on forever.. so they're trying weird new stuff. some of it works.
>>
>>61818793
The 80's was full of realistic and detailed cartoons.

Sure the actual animation tended to be weak, but...
>>
I bet you havent watched any of those except maybe a couple of insignificant AT shows
I might just go and complain about animes I don't watch on /a/ and watch you defend them, hypocrite
>>
>>61818298
Only Bravest Warriors is truly similar to Adventure Time (same creator and whatnot). While SU and B&C are handled by Adventure Time alumni (as is Clarence, funnily enough), both shows deviate enough from Adventure Time to be considered stylistically and structurally different.

And noodle limbs, etc. existed well before Adventure Time.
>>
>>61819574
They were nowhere near as bad as Adventure Time's "completely disregard all anatomy" noodle limbs, though.
>>
File: 1399919884672.png (143KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1399919884672.png
143KB, 720x405px
>nowadays
Have you ever seen Duckman or a Bakshi film? Cartoons like to have a weird somewhat gross art style since at least the 70's. Sometimes it even helps with the mood of the show/movie.
Also, anyone who thinks AT and SU look the same needs a cactus up their urethra.
>>
>>61819616
I always thought Adventure Time's wonky approach to art was intentional. You know, stylistic suck. Like Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff.
>>
>>61819726
ITT: lazy
>>
>>61819505
I'd rather watch Hanna-Barbera stuff than most 80's cartoons.
>>
>>61819897
That's quite a strong reaction, care to explain it?
>>
>>61818298
Fuck off Lel 90's kid
>>
>>61820680
fuck off lel 2000's kid
>>
>>61820804
Fuck off 2010's kid
>>
Steven Universe and Clarence don't look anything like Adventure Time beyond having lots of curved shapes, and IMO have nice art that's simple but stylish and dimensional.
>>
>>61821103
Fuck off lel 2020's kid.
>>
>>61821477
fuck off lel 2030's kid
>>
>>61821545
Glorb knob 2040's gagferk.
>>
>>61818298
>Adventure Time and its clones (Bravest Warriors, Steven Universe, Bee and Puppycat)
How is SU and BaP clones of AT?
>>
File: 117831_consider the following.jpg (73KB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
117831_consider the following.jpg
73KB, 300x301px
>>61819574
>>61819726
>>61821330
>>61821757
>>61818298
>>61818298
Steven Universe/Adventure Time/Bravest Warriors/Bee & PuppyCat all look alike because they are either by Penn Ward or people who worked under him. They all share similar line lengths and shading techniques. Similar approaches to eyes and unconventional anatomy, all based in fantastical worlds with a close knit group of people with the noodle arms or overall fat differences.

It's like the 'Frat Pack' (Ferrell, Jack Black, Owen Wilson, ect) of comedy actors but this time it is with Animation. They all use similar techniques but offer something slightly different, but work best together.
>>
>>61821679
Beep Bop 3040 Boop
>>
>Steven Universe
>Adventure Time clone
This will never not make me mad
>>
>>61826853
It's like saying Gargoyles is a rip off of TMNT. A few vague similarities and it's a rip off.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.