[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How Starbucks manages its employees? Is there any book about it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: starbucks.jpg (42KB, 497x497px) Image search: [Google]
starbucks.jpg
42KB, 497x497px
How Starbucks manages its employees? Is there any book about it?

I've already read "Onward", but this dont talk much about how they manage its employees.
>>
Do you even english?
>>
>>9433975
I'm brazillian, my english is not perfect, yet.
>>
>>9433975
What is wrong?
>>
>>9433964
They work their employees like dogs, they don't get very much training and new employees end up having to memorize mnemonics so they can remember exactly how many pumps of sugar syrup go into every drink, and these aren't taught officially, they get them from reddit and other sites where "starbucks partners" gather.
>>
>>9433964
Former Starbucks partner.

It's like any retail or fast food job where you are a cog in the machine. That said, they are a bit more gracious as far as scheduling and time off requests go. The benefits package isn't bad and includes stock options.

The coffee master program isn't bad, and I learned a great deal of coffee knowledge and chemistry from it.

My main complaint is that when the workforce is 85% women, they will form groups and be catty. Not a good time.
>>
>>9434033
Is it true that they get the men fired by complaining to corporate just because they don't like you?
>>
>>9434040
Never heard of it happening. Closest I saw was a guy knocking up one of the girls, the rest of the workers getting really catty at her, and then they quit to get away from it.

In my entire tenure I worked with like 6 guys total, half of them were gay, and the other three were complete bros id hang out with and play vidya.
>>
>>9434056
>the other three were complete bros id hang out with and play vidya.
N-no homo!
>>
>>9434059
Nah. I did date one for a while though. Great rack, but I would never date a co worker again.
>>
Also, it wasn't bad because free drinks while on the clock (and pretty much anytime, so long as you weren't a cunt to the other partners).

Closing shifts were fun because we got to take the leftover pastries. The chocolate croissants are surprisingly legit.
>>
>>9434070
You dated a bro with a great rack?
>>
>>9434186
>>9434070
I too would like to know more
>>
>>9434186

Nah. Short little brunette. She wound up getting fired for being a bitch to customers
>>
>>9434218
What did she do?
>>
>>9434218

It's a two parter. Firstly, she spilled a hot drink on a customer in the drivethru (accidentally as far as I know), and then she called a customer an asshole to their face. This is based on gossip I picked up from friends at the store, as I had transferred to a different store at that point.

I wound up breaking up with her shortly afterwards, due to her being a bitch and a dead fish in bed.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.