[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opening a restaurant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Has /ck/ ever fantasized about owning a restaurant? There's nothing but fast food and franchise flyover shit in my home town and I'd love to open a decent sandwich shop. We have a good local farming and gardening scene and a fantastic farmer's market . I've even thought about menu items from time to time/pirated them from restaurants I've worked at and improved them.
>>
>>9432430
>A sandwich shop is not fast food flyover shit

Daily reminder that america os ALL flyover.
You até The rednecks of the world.
>>
>>9432430
You don't have the GUSTO to open the sandwich shop of your dreams.

>prove me wrong basement boy
>>
>>9432430
Here are some ideas if you actually open that sammich shop
1. Offer my creation: The PcHjLfgT - The pimento cheese, how jowl, lettuce, and fried green tomato sandwich.
2. Don't be lazy and offer just chips and fries as sides. Make sure you have good fried okra, pasta salad, potato salad, and a sautéd or grilled vegetable dish.
>>
>There's nothing but fast food and franchise flyover shit in my home town and I'd love to open a decent sandwich shop
You'll be crushed within 6 months.
Unless you can offer something unique then everybody in town is gunna keep going to subway/TGI Fridays/McDonalds
>>
>>9433297
>OB
>B
You don't even get the whole thing.
>>9433470
This is just fantasy.
>>9433739
That might need another name, but I've seen some decent pimento cheeses. There was a burger place in uni that had a pretty passable jalapeno pimento cheese.
>>9433754
It's a shame, too, because new fast food places keep springing up and since that's virtually all the jobs in this town, the average income is suppressed and crime is starting to go up because it's "cheap" to live here.

I actually know someone that is looking to ACTUALLY open a bakery, so I'd merge facilities and have all the sandwich bread be baked in-house while dealing with meats as typical fare. Ideally, meats would be cooked/smoked/cut in house. Side recommendations are pretty good; I'd add fried green tomatoes since that's already present in inventory.

Also a extremely thick-cut bacon BLT on toasted rye with avocado mayonnaise. I'm allergic to avocado but apparently that's been a thing for years.
>>
>>9433739
I'm not with you on the grilled vegetable dish, but I definitely needs more than chips. The saving grace of Firehouse and Panera bread is that they have soups and chili. If I'm buying a sandwich for lunch, I want some soup with it.
>>
>>9433950
He could make fresh soup and siphon away "health-conscious" customers from Panera since all of theirs is frozen>>9433950
>>
>>9433843
Offer bagel sandwiches, steam pressed.
It makes the bagels really soft and hot and it blends the sandwiches incredibly well.
>>
>>9434078
I'll keep that in mind.
>>
No. I wouldn't be able to handle the criticism. The food I make is to the taste of two people only, I don't want to try and make food that thousands of people will like.
>>
>>9432430
if I were rich as fuck I'd open a restaurant just so I could tell some hubby tier bloggers they cannot make any substitutions
>>
Still want to own a fast food joint which specializes in simple reasonably fresh for a low price:
Basically McDonalds using local ingredients, market it to farmer market visiting hipsters while making food I'd want to eat myself.
>>
>>9434581
So basically McDonald's before it was taken over?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.