[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alone, It Tastes like Ass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Nutmeg2.jpg (23KB, 550x316px) Image search: [Google]
Nutmeg2.jpg
23KB, 550x316px
So how do spices that taste like ass combine to make something taste good? Or are items like nutmeg simply a meme ingredient that you don't add enough of to matter yet feel special for adding?
>>
If you deconstruct your favorite food and eat the component ingredients one by one it probably doesn't taste that great.
>>
>>9430154
Usually I can taste a component and understand it. This, however, is like balsa dust and numbness. I don't see what it adds.
>>
>>9430145
>nutmeg simply a meme
well, I can taste the difference between potato purree with and witgout nutmeg. Don't know what your question is, but if your tastebuds arent fucked (or one overdo it on ALL spices all the time) you generally do have a difference.
Like cinnamon for example, pure cinnamon is bitter and tastes pretty bad, but mix it with apples and bake it in a pie and its great. macis is similarly shit pure and great when used in food. so is berberis. or saffron.
>>
I've never really understood the point of adding nutmeg to dishes, but holy fuck does it smell good by itself. I love to just open the nutmeg jar and inhale deeply. THat alone is enough reason to keep it in the kitchen
>>
>>9430145
>nutmeg is le meme
You should probably have a serious think about necking yourself for the sake of the gene pool.
>>
File: 1504893157650.gif (2MB, 322x252px) Image search: [Google]
1504893157650.gif
2MB, 322x252px
>>9430145
Most spices and herbs taste like shit by themselves, thats why using too much makes food taste bad..... wtf?

Nutmeg tastes terrible alone! I prefer
A chunk of cinnemon stick
A bite of raw onion
A handful of sage
Spoonfull of pepper

I can go on dude please
>>
>>9430241
isn't nutmeg just a weird thing that helps bring out other flavours, like how salt does but in a different sort of way
>>
I read you could get high off nutmeg. I ate four nuts once. All it did was give me a headache and make me thirsty.
>>
>>9432181
Yeah, well, it does give you a buzz/ make you dizzy. Works when you're a kid, less if you're a 260pound landwhale. If you call that a high, it does make you high.
>>
>>9430640
Raw onion is delicious though
>>
>>9432181
You can get high off running also. You should try running for a high.
>>
>>9430214
pure cinnamon is based
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.