[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Good Eats?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: goodeats.jpg (88KB, 825x415px) Image search: [Google]
goodeats.jpg
88KB, 825x415px
Thoughts on Good Eats?
>>
>>9429951
Tried watching an episode once.
Dropped after 5 minutes because I don't like being spoken to like a 10 year old.
>>
Recipes could be better but he's one of the only TV food personalities that isn't obnoxious
>>9429958
The entire point is that things are simply explained as clearly as possible
>>
The only good food show other than Iron Chef that ever aired on Food Network
>>
It was a pretty good show, but Alton these days is insufferable.
>>
>>9429989
This.

His social media presence is kinda desperate, like he's got no mates and is relying on desperate weirdos to hang out with him.

Also the editing of the episodes in YouTube is bizarre as fuck. Check out the one on his spaghetti and meat sauce one, it's all over the place.
>>
He does things the hard way for relatively little benefit.

Meals that would cost $4 and take 20 min to make now cost $20 and take 2 hours.

Flow of the show is a little too Bill Nye-esk for my taste
>>
>>9429989
he turned into the neil degrasse tyson of food
>>
I don't like how he belittles people for buying pre-made ingredients.
>>
>>9429958
Iktf bro. I'm more of an unwrapped person.
>>
>>9429958
>>9429961

and dont actt like its not still too complicated for you half the time
>>
File: 2368251670_bb2079b6c2.jpg (156KB, 495x500px) Image search: [Google]
2368251670_bb2079b6c2.jpg
156KB, 495x500px
>>9429958
Did it make you angry? Let's discuss your feelings, using your big boy words.
>>
>>9430036
>t. Unitasker salesman
>>
>>9430086
>>9430095
Fuck off Alton
>>
>>9430106
If you keep lashing out like this, you'll have to sit in the time out chair.
>>
>>9429961
>isn't obnoxious

On Good Eats he tried too hard to be funny in a nerdish goofy manner that made him obnoxious as fuck. I tolerated it only because Good Eats did teach basic food science and you could learn a lot of why's and wherefores. I've never watched him in anything else because the commercial network cooking shows absolutely suck donkey ass now. I only watch PBS shows.
>>
>>9429951
Favorite Food Network show. Should air more often.
>>
If you want to actually learn how to cook, not just replicate recipes, it's probably the best cooking show in decades.

He does get up his own ass about some stuff, though.
>>
>>9429951
great show.
>>9430036
why not just go to mcdonalds and save yourself the trouble? clearly you don't like cooking.
>>
>>9430021
>-esk
What did he mean by this?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.