[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apple Butter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_8756.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8756.png
2MB, 1334x750px
Is this stuff any good? Or is it one of those new englander acquired taste things.

Went to a orchard store yesterday and saw a shelf full of it.

And is it hard to make?
>>
It tastes great, is relatively low calorie and is easy to make.
Pumpkin butter is also good.
>>
It's not hard to make, and it's fucking delicious. I grew up in TX, and we ate apple butter all the time, but, we're German, I don't know if lots of people there ate it or if it was just us. Anyway, it's one of my favorite "sweet" condiments, besides quince butter, pear butter, pumpkin butter, black currant jam, Mustang grape jelly, fig preserves, and orange marmalade. Highly recommended.
>>
>>9429918
I'm not usually huge on jams and toasts of various kinds but I could eat apple butter for days on end.
>>
>>9429918
Why the fuck can't I find apple butter in Canada?
>>
>>9429969
Idk, it seems weird that you can't find it there.
>>
>>9429969
Where are you in Canada m8
I could go to the nearest grocery store right now and buy at least 3 different brands
>>
>>9429984
I lived in Winnipeg until a few weeks ago, now in Vancouver.
Could never find it where I was but might have an easier chance finding it here.
>>
>>9429990
Maybe some of the small "farm stand" shops outside of the city?
>>
My mother worked at an apple butter plant for a while and has nothing but horror stories. The stuff is barely filtered and she even claimed to see rats and other nonsense sneak into the grinders.

Stick to locally produced stuff if at all possible.
>>
Grew up in New England.
Apple butter is easy to make but takes a good 10 hours in a crock pot.
Cinnamon, clove and bit of sugar are the only extra ingredients you need. I prefer just cinnamon but it's up to you.
I like to blend the final product for an even consistency.
Fresh apples and time.
>>
>>9429918
i love apple butter
>>
>>9429918
Goes great on pancakes
>>
>>9429969
Any place that sells anglo groceries.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.