[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do americans (maybe brits too, idk) call this thing sausage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: mieso.jpg (50KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
mieso.jpg
50KB, 640x640px
Why do americans (maybe brits too, idk) call this thing sausage instead of minced meat? Isn't sausage supposed to be this penis looking thing?
>>
>>9429628
That looks like ground beef.
>>
>>9429628
thats called ground/minced meat in America where the fuck are you getting your intel?
>>
>>9429628
This isn't called sausage ever in America, it's ground beef
>>
>>9429628
Nobody calls that sausage.

Americans tend to call finely minced and spiced ground meat "sausage" because they're weird like that.
>>
>>9429628
it's definitely called ground beef, not sausage.
>>
>>9429634
lots of cooking shows and youtube shit
>>
>>9429640
Or maybe you don't know what you're talking about?
>>
>>9429640
Because its the insides of a sausage with the casing already removed. Or rather, never put in a casing in the first place to eliminate the waste.
>>
>>9429644
pls just stop making shit up and making stupid/pointless threads
>>
Nobody has called that sausage. Ever.
>>
>>9429645
He's right up to a point. The breakfast sausage patties are ground and spiced pork and they aren't stuffed in a casing.
>>
>>9429645
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Johnsonville-Mild-Italian-Ground-Sausage-16oz-tray-100084/10316098

Projecting?

>>9429647
>We call it sausage because it's to go inside a sausage casing
>Except it's never been anywhere near a sausage casing and has nothing to do with such
>>
>>9429659
That's not the same as what you posted in the OP.
>>
>>9429665
No, it isn't. And if you would refer to my original post, you can see I acknowledged that.
>>
>>9429628
We call that ground beef in the US.
>>
>>9429659
It's kind of dumb, yeah, but it works for what people use it for. There are far dumber things in this world. Stop pretending to get hung up on this for (you)s.
>>
Your image is ground meat. Sausage meat without the casing is called sausage because it's what's in the sausages, namely a mix of pork, fat, and spices. It's different from mince meat or ground beef because it has different ingredients.
>>
>>9429667
What you posted in the OP is not sausage, and nobody calls it sausage.
>>
>>9429659
>Walmart
>one example
>why does all of America call ground beef sausage
Or maybe you don't know what you're talking about?
>>
>>9429681
I'm not the OP. Follow the replies.
>>
>>9429687
I can't. It's too confusing at this point.
>>
>>9429628
They don't
>>
>>9429685
My dude, how many examples do you want? I picked walmart because it's the first american store I can think of, but I'm sure nearly all of them have equivalents.
>>
>>9429628
We call it "sausage meat" in France if it's pork because its intent was to make sausages.
>>
File: 4L_DBauuz5s.jpg (78KB, 490x326px) Image search: [Google]
4L_DBauuz5s.jpg
78KB, 490x326px
I think some confusion may arrise where you have crumbled sausage, that originally was in a casing but as served looks like regular ground meat.

Mexican 'chorizo' is a classic example.
>>
>>9429691
Look, all I'm trying to point out, is that your original point isn't really true, pretty much as a 98% whole, most Americans call that original picture "ground beef/ground meat" there's always a few exceptions to most of these things man, it's just how it is.
>>
>>9429691
>>9429685
>>9429659
I see the confusion

when it's just beef, it's called ground beef
when it's a spiced mixture of meats, it's called sausage. Usually when it's a recipe that would traditionally be served in a sausage casing.

does that clear it up for you, OP?
>>
>>9429628
we call it minced meat in the uk
>>
>>9429640
It's called country sausage you fucking mong
>>
>>9429628
YOU FOCKIN WOT M8 THAT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A WIMBLY WILLY SAUSAGE TO ME
>>
>>9429628
That's called ramen idiot
>>
>>9429628
We call ground beef ground beef. We do have ground sausage though.
>>
>>9430041
this
>>
>>9429678
This.
Can we stop now?
>>
>mfw someone was being american near me

wtf, do americans actually do this?
>>
>>9429640
The ground meat that is called "sausage" in America is just uncased sausage meat. It's usually beef and pork, or just pork, with sausage seasoning. I'm not quite sure what's in the seasoning, but you can buy whole bags of it for the purpose of making your own

t. American whose family regularly grinds their own meat and makes ground sausage from beef, pork, bacon, venison ,etc
>>
File: Smug_mari.gif (506KB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
Smug_mari.gif
506KB, 245x230px
>>9429628
>penises everywhere
Guess who's gay lol
>>
>>9430253
You?
>>
>>9429659
Sausage is a substance, not a form. Sausage is something you find when you least expect it. When you see sausage, look into your soul and see the truth.
>>
File: hero_sausage-mcmuffin-egg.png (184KB, 448x415px) Image search: [Google]
hero_sausage-mcmuffin-egg.png
184KB, 448x415px
>>9430244
SO that's why the Sausage McMuffin is called a Sausage. Im not american and they apparently use chicken meat for the patty does that still counts as a sausage?

Also why is it called a muffin?
>>
>>9430361
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_muffin
>>
>>9430369
Yes those are British muffins but isn't McDonalds an American product?
>>
>>9430376
Brits only know what english muffins are because that's what Americans call them. We just call them breakfast muffins.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.