[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cooking with Vegitable Shortening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0710.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0710.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Anyone here like cooking with Crisco? I just started experimenting with it this week and it is awesome. High heat oil, higher than normal cooking oil it seems like. Pan frying stuff in it is great. You can jack the heat up and get a good sear on basically everything. It also has a pretty neutral flavor. Basically every other common oil has a distinct flavor to it. Shortening has flavor too but it is very faint compared to something like butter or olive oil. Also by being a solid it is pretty easy to measure; i will never splash too much in. I suggest you try itt out if you haven't. Probably pretty bad for you but it can't be worse than butter right?

[spoiler]first ponepost ever, i feel dirty[/spoiler]
>>
>>9429132
>not only using butter
It's like you hate flavor
>>
>>9429132
My mom likes using the crisco sticks in her cookies. They are basically crisco in a can. You just add a little water to equal butter.
>>
>>9429660
I like butter too, but you can't flash fry in butter. Plus why would i want to cook something like snowpeas in butter?
>>
>>9429132
using crisco instead of lard is like using margarine instead of butter.
>>
>>9429132
Yeah, it's definitely worse for you than butter and lard.

>According to the FDA, "Food manufacturers are allowed to list amounts of trans fat with less than 0.5 gram (1/2 g) per serving as 0 (zero) on the Nutrition Facts panel."[5]

Some nutritionists argue that while the formula has been changed to remove the trans fatty acids, the fully hydrogenated oil used to replace them may not be good for health. Crisco and similar low-trans-fat products are formed by the interesterification of a mixture of fully hydrogenated oils and partially hydrogenated oils. The composition of the resultant triglycerides is random, and may contain combinations of fatty acids not commonly found in nature.[6][7] A recent study showed that interesterified fat increased volunteers' blood sugar by 20 percent while simultaneously lowering the body's HDL cholesterol.[8]
>>
>>9429132
I used to use it to line baking sheets before I started cooking

Do with that what you will
>>
>>9429132
I made fries with it once and they tasted really fucking good. My mom, who doesn't eat much, ate like 2 large potatoes worth of those fries.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.