[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your secret to good popcorn ck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1157.png (418KB, 448x486px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1157.png
418KB, 448x486px
What's your secret to good popcorn ck?
>>
>>9426376
Starting with good popcorn. Anson Mills has some great stuff that's a fuck of a lot more tasty than the mass market crap.

I just cook it in a pot. For maximum flavor use a tasty fat to pop the corn in, like duck or goose fat reserved from a roast. Bacon dripping is good too.
>>
>>9426376
cumin
>>
I use a popcorn machine, and just add the popcorn flavorings to the oil before i add the kernels. Then, after it's done, I lightly salt it and toss it in the fucking garbage can, because popcorn is for children.
>>
gently massage the bag of ACT II before putting it in the microwave and taking it out when kernel pops are about a second apart.
>>
>>9426376
I always ask for the largest size and get a separate butter cup.
>>
I follow the instructions on the bag.
>>
>>9426376
not making it
>>
>>9426398
Popcorn machines are a waste of time and money imo, you can do it way more easily in a pan
>>
>>9426398
Weird, I always get carded when I try to buy popcorn.
>>
>>9426515
20 bucks for one that makes a gallon of popcorn at a time.

If we're looking to save time and money, then microwaves are the answer to all questions.
Microwaveable soups. Microwaveable chicken. Microwaveable pizza.

Luckily for popcorn, there's no difference in taste between stovetop and microwave. But because popcorn is a niche product for children, I found it better to buy a popcorn machine, as it gives the little fuckers something to do and look at.
>>
>>9426595
Why not teach them basic cooking skills by showing them how to do it on the stovetop?
>>
>>9426597
Why would I start off with popcorn to teach basic cooking skills? If they think that "cooking"is equivalent to frying shit in oil and hoping it doesn't burn, then they'll grow up to be just as useless as their mother.

I started them off by teaching them how to bake cookies and ham in the oven.
>>
Unsalted butter and a sprinkle of Mirin.
>>
I guess I'm old fashioned but I really just like it popped in a regular pan with corn oil, drizzled with real butter and a sprinkling of salt. Any other spices, flavorings or god forbid sugars just ruin it for me.
>>
Oil and a lot of butter, pretty low heat
Salt
Done
>>
>start at medium-high heat and a thick heavy pot
>place a little oil in the bottom and 3 kernels
>when the kernels pop take it off the heat, add the rest of the kernels
>slosh it around to coat the kernels in oil
>return to heat, cover and let it pop
>don't stir it. don't shake it. just let it do it's thing until the popping dies down
>you have popcorn. Add butter, salt, dried powdered cheese, whatever.
I like popcorn because you can put as much or as little effort into it as you want.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.