[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Keto wins again!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 059NoseArtCloseupLondon00sm.jpg (92KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
059NoseArtCloseupLondon00sm.jpg
92KB, 720x540px
No keto thread? Ok, time for a keto thread.

Six months ago I was diagnosed with type-2 diabetes. A1C of 10.1, fasting blood glucose level 400+, post-meal blood glucose level even higher. I was told I was gonna be insulin-dependent for the rest of my life. They tried to put me on three different drugs, and told me that I had to eat 12 servings of carbohydrates spread throughout the day to "balance out" my blood glucose because one of the drugs would randomly put me in a hypoglycemic coma if I didn't.

So I went on keto.

Got my test results back last night. A1C is 5.5 (normal), fasting blood glucose is 94 (normal), two-hour "postprandial" (two hours post-meal) blood glucose is 95 (normal). I ate some dumplings and a donut prior to the post-meal test so that it would be a real test of my insulin resistance, not a cheat by eating only proteins and fats.

I haven't taken any of the drugs in four months. I never ever took the one that could put me in a coma if I didn't eat carbs.

And for the asswipes who go around saying "you gonna die, your arteries is gonna clog!", my cholesterol level dropped 30 points and my LDL level dropped 22.

Total victory. Yay for keto. Picrelated. Suck it, haters.
>>
ITT: disregard for medical instructions
>>
>>9423521
so, youre saying, that by decreasing the amount of protein you ate, your insulin receptors that usually provide a blunted response to the insulin your alpha cells produce, have actually been responding better to insulin, whether by upregulating receptors or increasing sensitivity?

congrats man!
>>
>>9423521
Type 1 here. I also eat a ketogenic diet, and have had drastically improved health stats across the board as well. Congratulations. Tell all the other diabetics you know. Eventually we'll get the majority of doctors to prescribe it as the standard diet for treatment of the newly diagnosed. It'll save a lot of lives and take a huge chunk out of healthcare costs.
>>
>>
>>9423537
>medical instructions
It's called "medical advice", and it's ok to disregard bad or wrong advice.

>>9423569
>by decreasing the amount of protein you ate
You apparently don't know what a keto diet is.

Keto is where you decrease or eliminate CARBOHYDRATES, not protein. You basically eat meat and vegetables, and fats from both. Cool, huh?
>>
>>9423631
Congrats; here's hoping for ya that they get those protective treatments figured out for autologous islet-cells-from-stem-cells soon. With any luck they'll have a permanent cure for you type-1's in a few years.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.