[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

have you ever felt true hunger? what was it like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: hun.jpg (60KB, 490x662px) Image search: [Google]
hun.jpg
60KB, 490x662px
have you ever felt true hunger? what was it like?
>>
>>9423506
Yeah I did real fasting for Lent. At first it was kinda painful drank more water, just annoying then didn't even notice.
>>
>>9423506
Hunger builds up until about day 4 and then fades away.
That's not to say that everything's fine after 4 days. Sleep quality plummets, light headedness and fainting, general exhaustion and weakness.
Starving honestly kinda sucks.
>>
>>9423570
how would you know, faggot?
>>
>>9423506
Well, first comes weightloss. Then you start getting sick, loss of appetite, feeling lethargic, etc. It's pretty shitty, I'd definitely recommend eating.
>>
>>9423506
I cut 15 pounds to make weight for wrestling in five days. I was running on empty before, and dear god I couldnt even masturbate without almost eating my own cum. Was bad man. Couldnt think
>>
File: jason fung.jpg (56KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
jason fung.jpg
56KB, 1200x630px
>>9423570

this is true.

first few days of fasting fucking sucks. then you suddenly hit a point (day 4 or 5 for me) where hunger ceases and you feel super good.

almost euphoric (tips hat).
>>
>>9423572
I was a pathfinder caught behind enemy lines, tortured and starved.
>>
>>9423506

When I was finishing college, my parents cut me off for the two months of summer school I needed to finish. I'd wasted enough of their money. I had no money, and nothing in my bank account. Back then, I used to be able to coast off of a pal giving me a swipe into the dining room, maybe a dinner with friends, eating shit my roommate was going to throw away, whatever.

But I had no money and no real concept of soup kitchens or food assistance (and probably couldn't have walked anywhere nearby anyways), and I ended up sustaining for three months off of water and a single Cup Noodles each day.

On the last day that my final paper was due to graduate and go home, I went into complete spasms and literally couldn't use my hands to finish the paper about two hours before it had to be submitted. I ate a box of Honey Bunches of Oats I'd saved forever and some ketchup packets I'd stolen and my body stabilized enough to type the last few sentences and send my paper.

My roommate's parents sent me a pizza and wings after hearing about it and I cried as I ate.
>>
>>9423506
I didn't eat for literally 9 days in prison, After awhile your not hungry. Just dizzy and tired
>>
File: 1495849023949.jpg (10KB, 157x224px) Image search: [Google]
1495849023949.jpg
10KB, 157x224px
>>9423653
>My roommate's parents sent me a pizza and wings after hearing about it and I cried as I ate.
jesus
>>
I once felt so hungry I wanted to vomit, weird. Kept vomiting nothing, it made me feel better for a short while. Than the spasms would return.
>>
>>9423667

Yeah, it was intense. I forgot to mention that I didn't have those old resources for dinner or swipes into the dining room because it was summer and no one was around... I was totally alone besides my roommate. I tried getting a job but couldn't get hired for three months while still doing school shit.

Also forgot to mention that I did end up passing the class and graduating, and now I have a job where extremely decadent meals are commonplace, and I still find it hard to not think about how I wish I could have sent these meals back to when I couldn't feed myself.
>>
I went without eating for just over a week, around 9 days I think.

I was also pretty dehydrated.

That was about three years ago and my appetite never really recovered.
>>
>>9423703
>my appetite never really recovered

In what way?
>>
>>9423746
a lot of days i just don't eat and i never really feel like eating, kind of have to force myself to eat

i wasn't like that before
>>
>>9423570
Pretty much this. Then the pain comes back after 25 days-ish in sporadic bursts. It feels like something is shredding apart your stomach.
>>
>>9423653
U BITCH FAGGOT
>>
>>9423771
Ya forgot that part. It's like your stomach acid is too strong and your guts are constantly burning.
>>
I was a broke college student and had to take a class during winter break so that I could graduate on time. I lived on Saltine porridge with a Slim Jim thrown in the pot. After 2 weeks, I was out of food and I was too embarrassed to ask my parents to wire money. The first couple days of not eating regularly drove me nuts. By the 4th day, just the smell of food disjointed my concentration.

Thankfully my buddy Pat arrived early from winter break to get an early start on a project for spring semester. He saw my condition and decided to pull a con that he did once in a while.

Basically Pat had clothes that matched caterers. He carefully chose a banquet hall where he looked just like the servers. He'd swoop in with a tray and GTFO thanks to his friends waiting nearby in a car. He also got nice dishes and plates because of this.

So he has me be the getaway driver and comes back with seafood, bread, joints of beef and lamb, and even a couple bottles of mineral water and wine. We ate like kings and I almost puked after gorging on actual food.

Luckily there was only 8 more days until classes began so I managed to get by thanks to Pat filching food from a wedding and finding spare change in the couches and seats on campus. I had enough to buy a small sack of rice, some beans, olive oil, and canned fish. I also dumpster-dived behind bakeries and got bread, pastries, and cookies. It was my sophomore year of undergrad and I vowed never to go hungry like that again.
>>
>>9423770
>>>9423746
>a lot of days i just don't eat and i never really feel like eating, kind of have to force myself to eat
>i wasn't like that before
Isn't this how anorectics feel? Have you been to doctor?
When my cats had kidney failure they didn't eat, doc explained to me its because ilness causes some acid buildup in mouth or something, and they don't feel any taste, so stop eating.
>>
>>9423572
autists have to try to live off of 27 dollars a month in this country, sorry not sorry if I hurt your snowflake feelings
>>
>>9423506
I didn't eat for a couple days after getting lost in the woods in Washington as a teen. Haven't really been to the point where I'm starving in the streets though.
>>
Three years ago I had a mental breakdown and more or less starved myself for two months.
I would regularly go two to three days without eating, only drinking water. When I did eat I only allowed myself a couple of oatcakes and maybe a few mouthfuls of sardines.
I experienced headaches, dizziness, muscle cramps, heart palpitations, hallucinations and agonising stomach pains, but they soon passed (the stomach pains).
I became incredibly delusional and believed myself at times to be a Christian martyr becoming pure through suffering (I'm not religious).
I went from 10 stone to just under 8 in those two months and eventually collapsed at work after having a severe panic attack due to exhaustion.
Three years on and my appetite still hasn't fully recovered. I drank a lot of milkshakes during recovery and still do now, they make me feel full without having to eat.
I can simply forget to eat for an entire day at times.

This all came about due to my lifelong struggles with mental illness and drug addiction.
>>
I had a stomach ulcer coupled with tonsilitis last year and the pain in my throat and stomach was unbearable, i could only eat apple sauce and a little bit of bread every couple days, maybe soup about once a week. I would say that was the closest thing to real starvation ive ever felt. It took about 2 months before i felt good enough to eat normally again. Those were the most miserable days of my life.
>>
I had a health condition which made it hard to swallow food. I was choking on apple sauce. In one of these occurrences, I couldn't eat for a whole month.

After a while you kind of lose cravings for food.

>>9424271
I had the same symptoms from starvation except for the hallucinations.
>>
>>9423841
Wow, I'm not for stealing, but this Pat guy's devotion to friendship is actually quite nice.
>>
>>9423516
This. After a short while you dont get it anymore
>>
File: 1498652307205.png (333KB, 729x1416px) Image search: [Google]
1498652307205.png
333KB, 729x1416px
>>9423506

those poor starving muslims not native to the region
>>
>>9423695
>and I still find it hard to not think about how I wish I could have sent these meals back to when I couldn't feed myself.
I lived an entire year with bread and the cheapest bologna during the last year of college and it really fucked up my stomach.Now I have a job that allows me to eat at fancy restaurants for every meal, but I still have PTSD from that fucking bologna.
>>
was a wagie working at a gas station and eventually had to cut myself down to about 4 meals/week. Eventually just started pooping out a white foam. Would not recommend
>>
>>9424544
What are you talking about you racist? They obviously have the right to settle lands that don't belong to them and murder Burmese policemen as they please, you Nazi.
>>
>>9423695
I feel like your struggle made you a better person.
>>
>>9423506
Grew up dirty fucking poor so there were a lot of hungry days and nights. I was a lanklet growing up and was in constant pain all the time. My body still has deficiencies here and there and I will have bad bone structure probably till I die.
I went hungry after coming to the states for a bit again and I was seeing fucking stars all the time, like my eyes went through a fucking blender and the colors ain't right.
That instilled a fear of going hungry in me forever, like if IT comes after me he'd be a starved version of me. It also made me appreciate quantity of food over quality of food, which makes me a fan of buffets
>>
>>9423506
Like pain and fatigue.
>>
>>9423506
if i had to worry about every single person starving to death and every child slave or soldier and every baby getting raped to death and this and that i wouldnt be able to do anything else for the rest of my life because yeah, it is that many
im a lucky fuck, lucky enough that i can afford not to care fuck you foor trying to take that away from me
>>
>>9423516
>>9424527
i fasted for 8 days, still drinking water of course, no reason other than i saw it as a challenge, even had a witness stay with me during that period
at the end i ate just beccause, i could have easily kept going, the hunger and the cramps pretty much stopped halfway through
i did end up sleeping a lot since i didnt have any energy
>>
>>9423516
>>9424527
How do you get past the first day though? I have so much food and I can't not eat it. It triggers me so hard and I've tried 3 times already
>>
>>9425251
o, to be a NEET
>>
>>9425311
it was on of the nost enjoyable things i did as a neet
i used to be really fat so being able to just no eat anything like nothing at all for a week even having food around but saying no to it made me feel powerful like i could do anything i wanted
five years later and turns out i wasnt powerful at all since im still a neet and im fat again but at least i have that memory
>>
>>9423506
No, not for days on end anyway. I've been fortunate. But I'm hypoglycemic so if I don't eat every few hours it's bad news bears.
>>
>>9423770
What you describe is the eating/fasting cycle of our species for thousands of years. Only recently have humans eaten every day. I seek to correct that in myself by fasting 5 days straight every month, and intermittent fast (1 meal a day) for the remaining days. I would say not feeling like eating is perfectly natural and healthy, it's wired into us, so don't force yourself to eat.

Yeah, I am reading Jason Fung's book on fasting. Though I've been fasting for years without a clear idea of what I was doing, except not eating when I didn't feel like eating.
>>
File: 1505097456279.png (17KB, 578x548px) Image search: [Google]
1505097456279.png
17KB, 578x548px
>>9423653
you are either a retard for allowing your pride to overcome your need to eat or your parents are basically prison tier
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.