[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Indian Food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1634.jpg (384KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1634.jpg
384KB, 1920x1080px
Had a curry last night for the first time and it was awesome.
It was a chicken jalfrezi and I'd love to make it at home.
What are your favourite curry recipes and how does the food vary by region?
Also Indian food general, id love to make my own naan bread.
>>
Sauce of that image OP? Looks amazing
>>
>>9416056
I like the tomato sauce based curries (Koora).
Not too spicy but a really rich flavor. Not keen on the creamy ones of any with coconut in.
>>
>>9416056
You had fake Indian food. Authentic Indian food doesn't have tasteless chicken shoehorned in.
>>
>>9416616
No shit.
Indian Food is anglicized.
Modern Indian cuisine has been defined by the Raj.
>>
File: IMG_1095.jpg (1MB, 1936x1720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1095.jpg
1MB, 1936x1720px
I usually get a dopazia and a side of dal. I never bother with rice just naan bread.
>>
>>9416616
umm yeah chicken liver and thigh meat is pretty traditional Indian.

>>9416056
Look up Sanjeev Kapoor he's traditional recipes are very nice. he has lots of variations too so you can cook depending on region.
>>
You should definitely check out balti.
>>
>>9416056
The names aren't as important as having a good recipe.
>>
>>9416616
By authentic how far back are we going because chicken has been a part if Indian diet for the last 500 at least. Before that venison, partridge and wild boar were common.

>>9416626
Unlike almost every other invasion in history where the invaders influence the invaded culinary influence during the Raj was minimal and whatever little there was flowed in the opposite direction. Tea, biscuits and jams are the only lasting British artifacts in current Indian cuisine.
>>
>>9416626
The food they make for themselves isn't the stuff they make to sell to westerners.

My favourite curry recipe is to go out and order a takeaway.

>>9416616
No; real indians can't afford meat.
>>
>>9417539
More like real indians don't eat meat.
>>
>>9418434
Where'd you get that shit from?

Practicing Hindus can't eat beef, but they can (and do) eat every other animal.

Buddhists cannot eat meat from an animal that was slaughtered specifically for them, but otherwise they can and do eat meat. Not to mention that Buddhism makes up a tiny minority of the population in India.
>>
>>9416056
My aunt married a muslim and his mother taught her to cook Pakistani curry and then my aunt taught me.
Get the right spices and use Ghee (clarified butter). You don't need to use a lot of Ghee and a tub lasts forever, it will give that authentic taste to whatever meat/veg you're making.
>>
File: 800px-Codex_Bruchsal_1_28r.jpg (313KB, 800x1038px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Codex_Bruchsal_1_28r.jpg
313KB, 800x1038px
>>9418455
>lumps all buddhists and hindus into a single entity

There are many different sects within both of those religions and some are indeed vegetarian. Stop talking about things you know nothing about. What you said amounts to saying all Christians believe in transsubstantiation, which is entirely false.
>>
>>9418434
>>9418455
There's generally more meat eaten in Northern India & Pakistan and less in the South. Obviously it varies from region to region... India's incredibly diverse.

I like all Indian food but I'm a big fan of Guajarati cuisine, lots of mustard seeds etc. And the South with their lighter dishes and lots of coconut. Honestly the food is one of the best things about visiting India, definitely worth going purely to eat..
>>
>>9418505
Muslim Paki here. What kind of curry?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.