[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Liqueur

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

I'm thinking of getting a bottle of pic related because the reviews are so good. Anyone here tried it?

Also, general liqueur thread.
>>
I find liqueur way too sweet so I usually put it in coffee/tea or for cooking and baking. If you get the chance you should try pic related. It's difficult to find but it's really tasty. Fruity and nutty almost like a fruity amaretto.
>>
File: images (23).jpg (12KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
images (23).jpg
12KB, 320x320px
I ordered a bottle of this Wu-Tang liquor online.
I'm not even sure what it's supposed to taste like.
I'm guessing it's butterscotch or something.
>>
>>9414934
>too sweet
Fernet and Pimm's are liqueurs too.

What kind of cooking do you use them in?
>>
>>9415614
Never had fernet but love Pimm's. Normally use it for French toast or I'll soak a pound cake or something in it. Or use it in a sauce to sweeten it a little.
>>
Anisette is the fucking bomb
>>
>>9414769
Its really nice as a cold shot. Also not as sweet as cheaper mastihas. Would recommend to drink with friends. There are not that many cocktails which use it though
>>
>>9414769

I live 15 miles from this distillery, dope shit.

http://www.wvwinery.com/american-fruits/
>>
>>9416231
Milanese herbal liquer. Like so many, it was originally supposed to be medicine. Mixed with cola, it's supposedly *the* highball in Argentina as Fernet con Coca. I've tried it, its really nice. Fernet is an acquired taste, though.
>>
Does anyone have a good recipe for making your own coffee liqueur? Does anyone know if it's worth it to use more expensive coffe, or should I ask in the coffee-thread for that. I want to use it mainly as a cocktail ingredient, if that helps the decision.
>>
>>9417837
I use their products for my fall cocktails
>>
>>9417859
I've made it before. Be aware that you need a lot more than just coffee if you want to emulate the big brands like Kahlua, etc. Those contain a lot of sugar, and might contain other ingredients like cream, etc.

The better the coffee you use the better the liqueur will taste, but if you're mixing it in a cocktail that may not matter.
>>
File: download.jpg (25KB, 468x1000px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
25KB, 468x1000px
>>9418653
I know that there's more to it than just coffee. I'm still tied myself as to what base spirits to use (I've seen vodka, rum and brandy based variations), but I'm mostly wondering as to what coffe to use and how I should ideally prepare it (Brew normally? Cold infuse in water? Steep in alcoholic component?). Also I'm intending to add less sugar, as I hear that most brands are overly sweet (I've noticed this with other liqueurs), and I can always add simple/demarara syrup to taste when serving.
I know that it might not matter as much in some cocktails (though I imagine it will make or break any type of Russian), but I find that if it's worth doing, it's worth doing properly. What I meant is that I want the flavor to be coffee liqueur with too strong by-flavours which might clash with other ingredients in a cocktail.
I heard pic related is very good?
>>
Do you all have trust funds? I hope most of what's been posted here is cheaper in your locations than they are in mine, christ.

Had a bottle of this stuff. Makes really good shots with a hard liquor, or serve half/half with homemade lemonade. The wild strawberries are a bit of a meme and taste like ass if you actually eat one. Can be nice for presentation though. Gonna pick up another and try it in a cake or something.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.