[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

in an attempt to get more vegetables in my diet I have been buying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: d.jpg (127KB, 1000x818px) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
127KB, 1000x818px
in an attempt to get more vegetables in my diet I have been buying those frozen ones that steam in the bag, and they are all absolutely terrible. Bland and gross, the only good one is the cheesy potato one which is exactly the opposite of what I'm trying to eat.

how are canned vegetables? are they pretty good or is it just a relic of the booming post ww2 canning industry we still have?
>>
>>9413904
In my experience frozen is better than canned.

The problem with canned is that the long cooking time required for safety ends up making most canned veggies severely overcooked. things like green beans and peas are horrible out of a can: mushy texture, off flavor, and this horrid dark green color. Veggies with longer cooking times, like most kinds of legumes, are decent.
>>
Frozen steam-in-bag broccoli is okay depending on the brand.

Just hit it with some black pepper and garlic powder after you steam.
>>
put salt on it you goon
>>
>>9413904
Why not just buy fresh vegetables as you need them?
>>
>>9413904
Canned vegetables are mostly disgusting imo. Some people might appreciate the mushiness and the flavor of those though.

I would still recommend fresh vegetables. Most of them can actually be kept longer than you think, provided it's not too hot and/or dry.

However, if fresh vegetables are not available to you for whatsoever reason, I'd still go with frozen. Add a tiny bit of butter or oil, salt, and stir fry.
>>
>>9413908
>vegetables
>legumes
Castrate yourself mong
>>
>>9413916
I am intimidated by the produce section
>>
>>9413951
So try a farmer's market. Point is fresh vegetables taste a lot better than frozen and canned. If you're trying to get yourself to like vegetables and thus eat more of them why not start off with the best tasting ones you can get?
>>
>>9413958
I like vegetables with salt and butter, and sometimes brown sugar
>>
Remember to put salt on them. What vegetables have you tried?
>>
>>9414149
I'm more of an olive oil, garlic and salt guy.
>>
I thought I hated vegetables because frozen ones were all my parents fed me
>>
>>9413951
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>9414329
While frozen is not the best available, most people make the huge mistake of overcooking frozen veggies. In fact, most people tend to overcook all sorts of vegetable. That's how you get the disgusting watery and mushy texture that all kids hate.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.