[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I defrost some frozen chicken? What is the proper way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 11.jpg (4KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
4KB, 275x183px
How can I defrost some frozen chicken? What is the proper way to defrost meat?

I've never defrosted something outside of leaving it in my fridge for several days
>>
>>9412230
Never put shit in the sun or next to a heat source, just put it out a standard temp area (like kitchen) and let it defrost. With chicken ensure its fully defrosted before cooking, you can get sick easily with it.
>>
>>9412230
Microwave, if it weighs 1.3kg just put it on the setting for 1kg then let it rest on the kitchen sink to finish
>>
>>9412267
>Microwave
Don't understand people who do that. If you're not careful not only can you make the meat go off, you can end up with nasty food poisoning.
>>
Sealed it in an airtight container or bag.
Do not let it reach room temperature.
A) Thaw the chicken in the refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours
Or B) Thaw the chicken in a bowl with cold water, change the water every 30 minutes.
Cook it immediately after defrosting.
>>
>>9412277
That's why it's important to be careful, anon. There's nothing wrong with defrosting in a microwave, it's better than leaving a hunk of poultry on the sink for 12 hours.
>>
Use water, bag it and fill with water.
>>
>>9412285
>it's better than leaving a hunk of poultry on the sink for 12 hours.
I've always found it messes with the taste. It's applicable to defrosting things like sausages if you can't be assed with waiting but definitely not with something like chicken.
>>
>>9412300
I've never noticed a change in taste, however I won't disagree with you purely based on the fact you have noticed it.

I regularly buy meat and chicken in bulk and freeze it and putting it in the fridge over night is still my preferred method but if for some reason I'm disorganised the microwave is my go to
>>
fill sink with cool water
let chicken part defrost in sink pool
cook chicken breast/part
profit
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.