[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Student Life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: dfsa.png (196KB, 494x371px) Image search: [Google]
dfsa.png
196KB, 494x371px
Hi /ck/,

I'm a university student who is sick of paying for university food. It's expensive and not that healthy either.

My city has a local farmer's market every week and I have several convenience stores that sell things like noodles all within walking/biking distance. Dairy products are also available although I don't drink much milk and don't want to waste. I also have access to pots, pans, etc. and an oven/stove in my building that almost nobody uses. I don't have a thermometer so cooking any meat would be a guessing game.

Can any of you culinary e/ck/sperts give me suggestions for meals that I can make at least on the weekends given these circumstances? I'm mainly looking for lunch/dinner as fruit/cerial is enough in the morning. Things that can keep and be reheated are also a plus but I know that isn't always an option.
>>
Put on your favourite fedora and ride your fixie down to your local farmers market and browse the fresh in season produce. Chat with the farmers for meal ideas.
>>
>>9411450
I do not own a fedora, will a cowboy hat suffice?
>>
>>9411477
No, every euphoric scholar needs a fedora or a trilby. Browse eBay for one that takes your fancy.
>>
>>9411422
>university student
you think you better than us, boy? tryna be all smart n shit? you better eat that lard up, boy! don't go wastin' no food now... mama's cookin is plenty healthy enough to make you big n strong like a real man oughta be... you stay away from that faggy vegan shit, ya hear?! you gonna get a whallopin' if ya don't listen!
>>
>>9411544
i dunno man, massaging and rubbin meat before putting it in my mouth sounds pretty gay to me.
>>
>>9411544
I tell you what I've been workin to go to this got damn local college man. Aint got no schoolarships or nothin just the money I get from workin in the factory 10 hours a day last summer and i'm sicka eatin this dang government provided slop after 18 years of momma's home cookin.
>>
>>9411422
Thread is dead but the best thing for you to do would be to get a bunch of veg from the market and roast them with some mild seasoning. Grab some noodles from the store, boil them and toss them with butter and herbs.

Roasted veg with herb butter noodles. That's a fuckin meal right there

Just get different combinations of veg every time and try new seasonings. Simple, easy, healthy, and fuckin tasty
>>
>>9411422
universityfag here

carbonara is super easy and fast to make. parmesan cheese and bacon are fairly expensive but you dont really need that much so one container/package of each lasts a while. tastes delicious, this is my go-to lunch

frozen salmon is hella cheap where i live - about $7 per kg so i have that with frozen spinach a lot with rice

i also buy canned crushed tomatoes in bulk which is like less than a dollar for a large can and that lasts a while too. i buy ground pork/beef mix by the pound for $3 per pound and that lasts two meals, sometimes three

i typically just scope out what i like that is cheap/on special and base meals for the week around that
>>
>>9411422
Cook normal food like normal people eat?

How is this a problem
>>
>>9411422
>I'm a university student who is sick of paying for university food. It's expensive and not that healthy either.

You're telling me. My university has this "meal plan", where you have to pay like $2000 per semester to get weekly meals at this crappy cafeteria. I switched off on my 2nd year and just made simple grocery trips each week, and found that I could save about $1250 per semester.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.