[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are the best comboes for roasting veggies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

today i roasted a zuccihini with salt an pepper with onion, garlic and chili. it was extremely tasty so i wondered is there some great comboes that work too.

post your veg roasting tips

also the left over oil i soaked bread in it and that added lotsa flavour to the bread.
>>
>>9410606
Halve brussel sprouts and toss in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on pizza stone at 450F for 30min flipping at the 15min mark. Finish by browning butter and balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan and reduce to almost a syrup consistency. Toss in the glaze and serve.

Also roasting baby carrots, shallot, garlic, and yellow potatoes. Toss in olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, and dill. Roast at 450F, toss every 15min until potatoes and carrots yield to fork.
>>
Red peppers, zucchini and mushrooms with evoo, salt & pepper are great.

Cut brussels sprouts in half and add s&p, smoked paprika, cayenne and drizzle with oil then roast em.

Garlic and onion become less piquant and more sweet after roasting with oil too.

Finally, carrots roasted with a drizzle of honey.
>>
if i'm just throwing shit together I usually just use whatever I have with evoo salt pepper and a little lemon spritz when they're done
thats pretty much good on everything
>>
A bit off topic but your thread is too specific anyway:

if you want to flavour roast veg with rosemary, bruise the leaves and use it to brush the vegetables with oil and smack it against them instead of just throwing in a sprig or sprinkling over. It tends to burn easily if actually left in the oven so I do this 4 times over the course of the roasting (ie every 15 mins for an hour or every 10 for 40 mins) to give a mush more pleasant flavour.

Additionally only throw garlic in for the last 15 mins with the skin on, then smash the roast garlic into a paste and toss with veg to coat.

Third I would say boil your potatoes and roast very high although this is obvious.

Fourth, salt highly porous vegetables like zucchini and eggplant and let sit for 15 minutes, then rinse and pat dry before roasting ("degorging"). This will preempt them hemorrhaging moisture and steaming instead of roasting. Also de-seed! And buy male aubergine instead of female (Google this).

As for actual combos, a honey and butter mix is nice for carrots. Use a pastry brush or rosemary sprig to baste them.
>>
>>9410805
First paragraph was far too lewd for me
>>
squash + cucumber + white onion

roast in garlic herb butter

serve with literally anything
>>
marinara roasted:

Peeled roma tomatoes. Roasted with garlic, onions and thyme before processing.
>>
>>9410737
>pizza stone
Faggot
>>
Root vegetables: carrots, small potatoes, parsnips, pearl onions.

Godmode: Roast your veggies in duck or goose fat.
>>
Pretty much any combination of veg works. Just don't do too many at once. Tonight I'm gonna roast brocc, bell peppers and mushrooms
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.