[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /ck/ tea?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: sstea.jpg (43KB, 681x504px) Image search: [Google]
sstea.jpg
43KB, 681x504px
I am from The South so I make tea a gallon at a time. I heat up a med saucepan of water to just under boiling and put in four double-tea-bags. I dip and gently stir it until I'm satisfied with the dark color. I put one cup of sugar in the gallon pitcher. I hear so many others put in two or more, but that's just way too much. I then pour the hot tea over the sugar melting it some. Stir that up good then fill the rest of the pitcher with cold water. Put it in the fridge to finish getting colder. I don't really care for ice and only rarely like lemon in my tea.
>>
>>9409848
The same except I don't use sugar
>>
People add lemon juice to add lemon flavor right? Is there anything I can add for mango flavor?
>>
>>9409885
I would think a quarter cup of mango juice would do it.
>>
>>9409880
diabetic or just don't like sweet?
I've had it without sugar and while I don't mind it, I just prefer sugar.
>>
>>9409848
Same here, i'll sometimes add a bunch of mint when I mix the sugar in and let it sit in as it cools, Mint iced tea baby
>>
>>9409896
I just don't think it needs sugar
>>
>>9409899
I've had it once. Interesting flavor but like lemon, not something I'd want all the time.
>>9409906
To each their own. Only asked because I've known diabetics that drink it that way because they don't like artificial sweeteners.
>>
bring two quarts of water to a boil and turn off heat add 3 of those big iced tea bags and cover, steep for five minutes. pull out the tea sacs and add two cups of sugar and enough water to make the gallon
I'm addicted to sugar and can't get enough
>>
>>9409848
Boil a few cups of water, heat up a small teapot, dump then brew 2 tsp of loose leaf, different times depending on the brew, usually 3-4 min. I never really added milk to tea but i have no objections, sugar is trash.
>>
>>9409899
I also do this. Ultimate refreshment on a hot summer afternoon right there.
>>
>>9409848
The same way my great grandmother made it. Brew really dark tea and add sugar to taste. When it cools to room temp add 1 sliced orange and 1 sliced lemon. Let it soak in the fridge for an hour or 2 then remove the sliced fruit. Make sure to squeeze the pulp of each slice into the tea before discarding them.
>>
File: ezsweet.png (99KB, 179x306px) Image search: [Google]
ezsweet.png
99KB, 179x306px
>>
>>9409848
I'm from the south and I despise sweet tea, or any tea for that matter.
>>
>>9409848
simmer a cup or so of water. grab a coffee filter and place a couple pinches of loose tea in it before rubber banding it close. press on the improvised tea bag and let it steep. add in 1/2 teaspoon of honey if needed
>>
Sugar doesn't belong in tea
>>
>>9410190
this is proper sweet tea
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.