[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any tips on making French fries? The potatoes are soaking as we speak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: fries.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
fries.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
Any tips on making French fries? The potatoes are soaking as we speak
>>
Take fries, soak and wash till all starch is gone, double fry, sprinkle with muslims and allahu ackbar like real ethnic french people do, wawa.
>>
>>9405887
fry them for a minute and pull them out. let em sit for a few until they cool off. fry them again until golden. will be crispy out, soft in
>>
>>9405894
Also works, to a degree, for multiple passes. When I'm tryharding I do 4 on/4 off repeat 4 times with a decent-sized chunk of tallow in the oil.

Remember to salt immediately after removing the final time.
>>
File: IMG_0008.jpg (36KB, 437x586px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0008.jpg
36KB, 437x586px
>>9405887
i like to cut them, put a thin layer of olive oil on a pan, brush oil on the fries and coat them with cajun spices and put them in the toaster oven. makes some fantastic crunchy fries.
>>
>>9405887
Dont soak the potatoes.
>>
>>9406024
B-but that's what the internet said....
>>
>>9405887
after you dry them off a bit, fry them for 4 min at 300 then drain and cool them in the fridge. then fry them at like 375 to your liking
>>
>>9405887
The techniques are different for different types of potatoes.

You need to tell us what kind they are (Yukon Gold, Russet, etc.).
>>
>>9406211
Russet
>>
>>9405887
parboil.
>>
>>9405894
This is all you need to know
>>
>>9405887
Fry them.
Freeze them.
Fry them again.
>>
>>9405894
Nope. Fry em at 160°C for around 8 mins and after cooling off 190°C for around 4 mins.
>>
Bake them instead.
>>
>>9409134
nope.
>>
>>9409142
>Nope
>Arguing with an actual Belgian who harvested his potatoes a couple of days ago and made awesome fries with them

If you want the best soft interior/crisp exterior you fry them at a lower temp longer to get the desired doneness inside and fry them at a higher temp for a short while to crisp the exterior without overcooking the interior. Hope you niggers are actually using floury potatoes and dry them before/in-between frying.
>>
TEACH ME SENPAIS
i just know goose fat is best for this
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.