[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ck/ I fucked up how do I desalt a meal that's too salty?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: sea-salt-mountains-messolonghi.png (139KB, 631x311px) Image search: [Google]
sea-salt-mountains-messolonghi.png
139KB, 631x311px
/ck/ I fucked up how do I desalt a meal that's too salty?
>>
make an identical second meal without any salt and add it to the first meal
>>
Add some sugar
>>
>>9403223
hmm that makes perfect sense but I don't have enough materials for another batch of macaroni 'n' cheese
>>
>>9403221
You're more or less fucked at this point. The only way to de-salt a dish is to dilute it, so either add more water, meat, or veg or whatever it is you're making.
>>
>>9403254
This is the only correct answer. Add more water and pray for evaporation, which isn't going to cure the saltiness. Throw the entire thing away and start over.
>>
>>9403227
>Macaroni and cheese
How the hell do you oversalt that in the first place?
>>
>>9403221
Would you die if you bite into that mountain
>>
My mum used to say to put a potato in it to cook and absorb the salt. Idk if true
>>
>>9403262
By pouring it out from one of those boxes made for refilling and not a salt shaker.
>>
Bleach will take it right out.
>>
>>9403227
you don't have plain pasta?
>>
>>9403281
It does. Or it at least appears to be good at soaking up salt and seasoning whenever I use one. Though it's better if a dish already asks for potato.
>>
>>9403269
It would be extremely salty.
>>
>>9403227
do you have extra cheese sauce/
>>
>>9403319
for you
>>
reverse osmosis
>>
Do you have a can or two of tomatoes? That'll mix well with your mac n cheese. And dilute it a bit.
>>
Add water if possible, to dilute it.
If applicable, such as in a stew, add a couple small potatoes and recook the food until they're soft, adding water if necessary. The potatoes do a fairly good job at "sucking" the salt.
>>
>>9403286
Dont mix the fucking salt in then. Just accept your losses and scoop up the affected mac.
>>
>>9403221
slice up that shit and stir fry it in something else. eat with a bowl of rice
>>
>>9403221
use some paprika, it absorbs the salt
>>
>>9403745

don't do this it creates mustard gas
>>
>>9403221
Add lots of sugar and have ants sort the whole thing out
>>
>>9403221
put pepper on it

pepper is the opposite of salt
>>
Sometimes we simply fuck up.

It's okay. It's the only way we learn.
>>
>>9403221
Pour water to dissolve into ions. Absorb through anus. Continue until low sodium.
>>
File: macncheese.jpg (722KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
macncheese.jpg
722KB, 2400x2400px
>>9403227
Just use pic related, buddy.
Perfect mac n cheese every time, no fuss.
Thank me later :^)
>>
File: we do it live.jpg (8KB, 276x309px) Image search: [Google]
we do it live.jpg
8KB, 276x309px
Fuck it. Don't let that salty mac n cheese kick your ass. Make it your bitch. Add more salt to that shit. Keep adding salt just to show it who's boss. Then eat it. All of it.
>>
add slices of raw potato, mix and wait
the potato absorbs the salt but it will turn into mac, cheese n potato
>>
>>9403227
Add more milk for dilution and a bit more flour or corn starch to keep the thick consistency. Add in drive and drabs and taste the whole time to make sure the sauce is perfect. Cheese is naturally salty next time don't add any salt until you taste the end product and then add it in in small pinches until the flavor is just right.

You could also add a couple of dribbles of pale ale or white wine instead of more milk. That's always fun
>>
>>9403260
Water evaporates before salt does, so you'll be left with more salt. Grade school chemistry man..
>>
File: 6bf.jpg (36KB, 640x621px) Image search: [Google]
6bf.jpg
36KB, 640x621px
add thos Beans to soak up all that salt
>>
>>9404600
This gay fucking cartoon is practically the /ck/ version of EFG
>>
>>9403286
Pour salt into your hand, then add to the pot...

>now you know.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.