[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do pickles belong on a burger or do they overpower all of it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: mcdouble-buck-double-open.jpg (120KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
mcdouble-buck-double-open.jpg
120KB, 800x600px
Do pickles belong on a burger or do they overpower all of it?
>>
>>9398725
Yet another fast food thread.
>>
That is a sad, sad photo
>>
1. Yes
2. No, a few pickle slices add just enough acidity to bring the other flavors up.
3. Post a picture of a real burger next time.
>>
>>9398727
Are you surprised? No one can talk about anything else without some pretentious cunt screaming about how they are like a retarded child.
>>
>>9398725
I can't have pickles. It just tastes like a pickle sandwich.
>>
i don't understand this thread
where is the mcchicken?
>>
>>9398725
If McDonald's didn't load up their patties with salt, pickles would be fine on their burgers, but as it is now, they're overkill.
>>
>>9398899
Lmao what are you a literal baby or something? Grow up faggot
>>
how much of a pussy do you have to be to get overpowered by a fucking pickle... fucking hell
>>
>>9398938
Have fun dying of a stroke in your 30's, cunt.
>>
>>9398976
Not him, but you know it's kind of odd. I love pickled vegetables, like peppers, artichoke hearts, pearl onions, and the like. And I also love giardineria on my Italian beefs, but pickles on burgers I just find way too overpowering.

(odd other thing is I love those just-barely pickled cucumbers that come at most barbecue joints)
>>
>>9398725
Pickles are mandatory on any serious burger, they intensify the umami of the meat
>>
>>9399065
>umami
This is the third time today I've seen this. What is this meme?
>>
>>9398732
That is a real burg.
Bun
Meat
Cheese
It's all there

Check mate athist
>>
>>9399087
it's reddit
>>
>>9399087
umami is an actual term used to describe savory foods.

and idk maybe it was word of the day at the autism help center or something idk
>>
>>9399087
>meme
it's a word that encapsulates a sensation that would require more a description in english to articulate, there is literally nothing wrong with it and the only ones who think so are backwater hicks who kneejerk because it's a foreign word and probably communist
>>
>>9398987
Yeah the occasional burger is going to kill me oh nooooo. Lmao literal beta mindset you're pathetic
>>
>>9398725
i don't care for them. but to each, his own
>>
>>9398725
You should take the pickle, brush it across the burger, then throw it away.
>>
The picked condoment is surely overpowering, once I ate a burger with an unknown pickle and the sour acidity and saltiness was such that I had to spit a mouthful into my disposable napkin
>>
Why would you ruin a good pickle with a hamburger????
>>
they belong far far away
>>
I do not eat beefurgers.
>>
>>9398725
when it's that cheap, you might enjoy the pickle taste more than the burger. but it's not better, you've just an underdeveloped palate
sorry, pickles are just really strong cucumbers and i don't want those on my burger either
>>
>>9398725
Not enough pickles
>>
>>9398725
Pickles are perfect on a fatty burger.
>>
>>9398725
If your burger doesn't have pickles on it, it's probably garbage
>>
>>9398725
no, just don't put a lot on them on it. I used to be anti-pickle but I came around and usually put 2 - 3 of them on my burger now.
>>
>>9399105
savory
>>
>>9398938
You have shitty tastes. Don't pretend it makes you less of a fag.
>>
>>9400741
doesn't capture everything the word umami encapsulates
>>
>>9400741
Savory is more a class of food than a sensation of taste. I'd describe mac and cheese as savory but I wouldn't describe it as umami.
>>
>>9400819
You're splitting hairs bro. They're the same thing.
>>
>>9400829
That's just entirely wrong. I'm not really sure what to say.

Pick up a dictionary. Savory describes a flavor, not a "class of food". It doesn't describe a class of food any more than "bitter" or "sour" does.
>>
I like putting pickles on my burgers.
>>
Some people in the world would order extra pickles
>>
>>9398725
The flavor combination of mayo, mustard, ketchup, pickle, and American cheese makes the burger IMO.
>>
>>9400398
shut your god damn mouth
>>
>>9398725
What the hell are those in the image? Just the hamburger alone, on the ones I make at home, are the entire size of one of those sandwiches.
>>
>>9398725
they use fake pickles in mcdonalds anywho
>>
File: mcdouble-buck-double-bite.jpg (108KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
mcdouble-buck-double-bite.jpg
108KB, 800x600px
>>9402641
?
>>
>>9402651
Yup, just about. I only eat one of course.
>>
>>9402651
Looks like a mcdouble from the dollar menu, purely wrapped.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.