[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you order when you get Chinese food?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: chinese.jpg (274KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
chinese.jpg
274KB, 1920x1440px
What do you order when you get Chinese food?
>>
>>9398545
Henan noodle soup of they have it. Otherwise, I rarely if ever go out for Chinese food because most of my family is Chinese. Most Chink-American food isn't necessarily bad, it just tastes weird as fuck to me.
>>
>>9398545
salted egg whatever

god I love salted egg
>>
Orange chicken and sweet and sour chicken. I do half rice, half noodles. Then those cream cheese puffs
>>
I only get AUTHENTIC chinese food like Panda Express and Bang Bang Shrimp
>>
Kung Pao chickums
>>
why is every chinese restaurant more or less the same with their food and how do I find an authentic one?
>>
>>9398655
Same reason why any burger joint is more or less the same. Or steakhouse. Or any "ethnically" themed restaurant. Why do all the Italian places always have pizza, spag bol, lasagna, and veal scalloppini?

>>how do I find an authentic one?
They'll have items on the menu that don't match the normal Westernized fare. If you see ingredients listed that would scare the fuck out of the average Westerner that is a good sign. Look for things like jellyfish, squid, pig's feet, and the like.

In my experience the authentic ones are usually located in an area with a lot of Chinese immigrants. I.e. "chinatown" in big cities. You're unlikely to find an authentic place in a city that doesn't have a strong Chinese population.
>>
>>9398666
we have a pretty strong population of either Thai or Veitnamese people [spoiler]they all just look the same to me[/spoiler]
and we've got a few great, actually authentic thai restaurants. haven't seen a good veitnamese one, yet
>>
>>9398666
nvm, found one that's in the back of an oriental supermarket
I'll probably go when I get time off next weekend
considering that one of their advertised foods on the website is "fish head soup", I'm guessing it's authentic
>>
>>9398545
I have friends who refuse to eat Chinese food because they say that shit is disgusting, in terms of quality.
>>
>>9398545
General Tso's is my usual. I also like Sweet and Sour chicken. Sometimes I'll get the meat sticks and egg rolls with duck sauce. I'm talking those thick egg rolls. Usually everyone orders their main meal and we all share sides, so I'll get a few crab ragoons and a little beef chow mein.

My only issue is the General Tso's is never really that hot, no matter where I get it.
>>
>>9398714
Probably, yeah. That's why I only go to Chinese Buffets. The turnover rate for food brought in and cooked is higher than in smaller restaurants, generally.
>>
File: flyover.jpg (43KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
flyover.jpg
43KB, 500x300px
>>9398707
>oriental supermarket
>>
File: 1501926049242.jpg (85KB, 759x1092px) Image search: [Google]
1501926049242.jpg
85KB, 759x1092px
>>9398545
Sesame chicken combo. Can of coke instead of eggroll. Wonton soup
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.