[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't fast food use these?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: s-l1000.jpg (100KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
100KB, 800x800px
Why don't fast food restaurants use inclined electric grills like this? Is it a licensing thing?
>drains some fat so it's "healthier" (even though they'll use shit meat anyway)
>gives illusion of sear marks
>relatively "convenient"
Obviously I wouldn't use it for actual grilling, but you'd think drive-throughs would love this kind of shit.
>>
harder to clean (fast foods just scrape the burnt fat off without really cleaning) and you have to clean twice the surface.
>>
Thanks OP, starting up a new burger chain.
>>
>>9394331
This is the answer. Cheaper in the long run to use a large flat cooking surface. Fast food is driven by cost efficiency and paying someone to clean something like that is a terrible waste of money.
>>
I would argue convenience, considering when I worked grill at McDonalds we had these large platen grills that would come down and just press the meat at a specific time, and as long as the grill was properly cleaned and maintained, it cooked it right every single time.
>>
>>9394331
>>9394341
>>9394346
Huh. I've never worked fast food, so I wouldn't know.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (54KB, 497x480px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
54KB, 497x480px
>>9394315
They literally do, only its massive. We take patties out of the freezer and put them steam thing that has as giant lid. You can cook around 50 burgers in 45 seconds. It steams them to flash cook then uses electric elements to burn lines on the burgers.

I can't find anything on google, but this is...sorta like it only this is wee tiny. It is dangerous as fuck and sounds like 1000 pigs fighting 1000 snakes.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (140KB, 995x853px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
140KB, 995x853px
>>9394539
Why are these things so difficult to source?
Took like 15 minutes to find something close.
>>
>>9394644
There's literally an Asian paywall for franchise businessmen in the restaurant business for this shit. Like the catalogs don't even have prices. The one I used was from the 1990s and had only one big lid instead of several like that.
>>
>>9394736
I've never worked with them before, but there is a place in town that was one like you are talking about.
I do a lot of big item purchasing for a fairly large restaurant and I've never had problems finding specialized equipment like this. But email for a quote isn't completely out of the norm. I mean, <i>completely</i>.
>>
>>9394782
>But email for a quote isn't completely out of the norm. I mean, <i>completely</i>.

Uggh..

UGGGHHHHH.....

One time I emailed for a quote for my boss and I still get fucking spam from that asshole to this day. That was 2002. Once on a blue moon it gets through the filter for some reason.
>>
>>9394373
>suggesting a change to something you have no experience with and know nothing about
>>
>>9394315
I can think of a few reasons.
>>drains some fat
That's meaningless. A flat pan or flattop drains fat too. The whole "drains the fat away is just marketingspeak.

>>gives illusion of grill marks
Yes, it does do that.

But now the problems:
1) they cook a lot slower than a flat surface because there is less area in contact between the meat and the hot cooking surface.
2) They are a bitch to clean properly in a commercial environment. Remember that a commercial flattop will never have a nonstick coating because that shit will last only a couple days in a commercial setting.
3) They're impractical because they have to be opened and closed so often. A cook with a flattop can be working many burgers (and other items) all at the same time. Having new orders come in doesn't fuck with the workflow. Can you imagine opening and closing things like this constantly while juggling dozens of orders during a lunch rush? No way.
>>
>>9397185
he didn't suggest a change sperg, he asked why they don't use these
>>
>>9394315
>fat is unhealthy
keep parroting your puppet masters, rubes
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.