[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frozen Spinach

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: spinach.jpg (229KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
spinach.jpg
229KB, 1300x866px
What can I make with frozen spinach?
I have quite a few bags of the stuff and whenever I try to cook anything with it, it tastes awful

So, what do?
>>
>unfreeze it
>pan medium heat
>2-3 TS of olive oil in
>1 chopped clove of. garlic in
>saute for 2 minutes
>spinach in
>saute for 4-5 minutes
>salt, pepper, nutmeg to taste
>>
>>9393800
Creamed spinach
Should be able to get that frozen as well.

>whenever I try to cook anything with it, it tastes awful
Add fat, salt and a bit of sugar
Wa la
>>
You can use it as an ingredient in other dishes. Just defrost it, squeeze the water out of it, and then use in things like Lasagna, Spinach Artichoke Dip, Stuffed Mushrooms, Baked Ziti, Minestrone, blend into sauces or soups, Stuffed Bread, saute with other veg for pasta and rice toppings and stir fries, add to casseroles, add to meatball mixtures, Creamy Chicken and Spinach Pasta or Bake, make a spinach, garlic, and cheese stuffing for sweet potatoes or regular potatoes........There's all kinds of things to do with that.
>>
Thawed spinach
>>
Forgot to mention that I'm a poorfag, so would be nice to have a recipe where not much else is involved and the main ingredient is the spinach
>>
>>9393800

By my experience frozen spinach is terrible in everything, but people I know use it in spinach pancakes.

Prefer fresh one.
>>
File: india-was-a-mistake.jpg (67KB, 500x454px) Image search: [Google]
india-was-a-mistake.jpg
67KB, 500x454px
>>9393800
saag paneer
>>
File: 1455048762004.jpg (6KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1455048762004.jpg
6KB, 240x240px
Bump for more poorfag recipes pls
>>
>>9393800
>>9396733
>cut an onion and and some garlic and fry em up
>add ground beef and brown it
>add the spinach, can be frozen straight into the pan
>add in some herb cream cheese
>stir it up till you've got a creamy, consistent sauce
There you got a simple spinach sauce, serve over a wide pasta like tagliatelli or linguine.
>>
>>9396780
Nice, will do this
>>
You can make pretty god spinach artichoke dip with it. I've used it for meat fillings too, just gotta make its drained well
>>
>>9393800
Make spinach crispbread

Thaw it and mix in flax seeds, red pepper flakes, cumin, garlic, paprika and a bit of salt.
Spread on a sheet and bake on low heat until crisp.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.