[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what meal made you feel like this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 19

File: Ego-anton-ego-14471116-1293-571.jpg (301KB, 1293x571px) Image search: [Google]
Ego-anton-ego-14471116-1293-571.jpg
301KB, 1293x571px
what meal made you feel like this?
>>
>>9393710
Your mums cunt
>>
Found this at my local Whole Foods. Tastes exactly like the chocolate brioche my grandma made.
>>
Nothing, I had a terrible childhood. The only thing that gives me happy feelings is nivea sunscreen, when I was in spain a cute 30~ woman rubbed my entire body with it so I wouldn't get burned.
>>
>>9393710
Homemade macaroni and cheese :')
>>
>>9393710
Any meal after a long night out or a long day of manual labor
>>
Pinto beans with lots of soup, buttered cornbread, with some green onion, chow chow and pickled beets on the side.
>>
>>9393835
Holy shit grow up
>>
File: dwwcpp-550x380.jpg (39KB, 550x380px) Image search: [Google]
dwwcpp-550x380.jpg
39KB, 550x380px
>>9393710
Chicken pot pie takes me back to Sunday dinner at grandma's house. It's the only link I have left to when I was truly happy.
>>
>>9393855
Even your penis?
>>
hardboiled egg with some olive oil and salt
>>
>>9394139
>pinto beans with lots of soup
So like, just a few pinto beans in some soup? Or are they just on the side? Bean dip?
Either way all that sounds comfy af.
>>
>>9393710
Pot roast with potatoes and brussel sprouts makes me feel like Im still in school and my parents are still married
>>
>>9394400
This. My parents stayed together, but pot roast was one thing my mom could make really well.
>>
File: Perfect_Pot_Roast_WM TS018.jpg (265KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Perfect_Pot_Roast_WM TS018.jpg
265KB, 1600x1067px
>>9394400
Fucking this.
>>
A big bowl of thick potato soup with hot buttered conrbread muffins and a side of green beans.
>>
>>9393710
nothing because my mother was a crazy vegan and made us eat grain crackers and unsweetened peanut butter for dinner as children
by the time i tasted my first burger i was already a man
>>
>>9394482
>and by then, it was only FATTENING
>>
File: DSC02155.jpg (177KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02155.jpg
177KB, 1600x1200px
>>9393710
soupa de pobre

my dad used to make this as a snack every other night and i would sit there watching him and talking while i waited for it to be done
>>
>>9394453
Fuck yeah, went full flashback just seeing this
Love my grandmama
>>
>>9394482

Shit bro, that sounds fucking balls. What's your relationship with her now?
>>
not a meal, but condensed milk makes me feel like that
dad used to buy one can once in a while to drink it as it its
shit I miss that stupid nigger
>>
>>9394563
oh yeah and sweet potato jam
>>
>>9393710
Beef shanks. I had been out of work for like six months, and one of the few pleasures I have living in a house with 15 other people is being able to make my own lunches. So I was pretty sad until I made these as my lunch for the week.

They tasted so good. I almost started crying.
>>
>>9394164
fuck off dumbass hahaha
>>
File: 1446375648303.png (463KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
1446375648303.png
463KB, 1070x601px
>tfw my grandmama died before I was born so I never experienced the "grandma cooking" and grew up with hamburger helper and spam every dinner
>>
>>9394369
Several spoon fulls of beans. As a kid, I would spoon the soup and beans on top of the cornbread and mash it all up. So damn good.
>>
>>9393848
>made

clearly she bought that shit from whole foods
>>
>>9393835
>>9394591
I smell a underage.
>>
>>9393710
Green enchiladas my grandma used to make.
>>
>>9395974
you should probably take a shower than fat ass
>>
>>9396341
>than
>Americans in charge of speaking their own language
>>
>>9393835
kek
>>
Rhineland sourroast made by grandma barbara while she cursed immigrants and the chinese all teh while downing one cognac after another.

i miss that mad woman.
>>
>>9393710
Chink food with a lot of msg in it
>>
My ma used to make Breakfast burritoswith those brown n' serve pre-cooked sausage links and melted american cheese with ketchup. So fucking delicious and creamy and cheesy
>>
>>9393855
Are you the girl who got creampied with Nivea sunscreen as lube?
>>
File: IMG_9501.jpg (152KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9501.jpg
152KB, 500x333px
Stewed Macaronis....

Brings me back to when i was a kid, it was a bad day at school, Dad said that dinner was ready, i took a bite of it and my god was it delicious.
>>
>>9393710
A juicy raw peach. I walk through each day awaiting the next time I can enjoy it's flavor.
>>
the mcchicken
>>
>>9394482
Isn't this technically illegal? Was your dad not there to stop it?
>>
>>9393710
Sound Dried Tomato Lobster Bisque from Macaroni Grill
>>
>>9393710
>Mum worked away for weeks at a time
>My brother would always make my favourite crispy beer batter fish and chips in the middle, just when I started to miss her most
>Have to move in with him years later after my place was storm damaged
>Makes me fish and chips
>Visceral flashbacks of helping him make the batter
>Always gave me a little sip of the beer
>Would bike down to Blockbuster to rent a movie
>Held me when I cried from missing mum
>Always gave me the crispy little bits from his fish
>It all comes flooding back
>Start to choke up a bit and pretend I ate too fast
>>
File: Anton_Ego_young.jpg (14KB, 401x251px) Image search: [Google]
Anton_Ego_young.jpg
14KB, 401x251px
>>9396824
>back to when i was a kid, it was a bad day at school, Dad said that dinner was ready, i took a bite of it and my god was it delicious.
>>
>>9393710
anything that had mayo on it unexpectedly
>>
>>9397107
You have a great brother anon.
>>
>>9393835
haha
>>
>>9393710
>shot himself and NotChefBoyardee's restaurant in the foot by openly admitting in his review of what was amazing food that it was cooked by a rat
>>
>>9397660

no, it was Sprocket's doing. There were rats in the kitchen.
>>
>>9393848
>smashing one solo in a movie after doing an Aldi run.

So gooood.
>>
>>9393710
for me... :)
>>
>>9397375
English is not my first language
>>
Meat cooked with wine and shallot
>>
I am a stunted young NEET who lives with his parents

I eat all of my childhood foods everyday.
>>
>>9397939

your story is simlar to Anton's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXPlzdTcA-I
>>
>>9397973
Oh ok, it's amazing that something as simple as food can change one's life in a heartbeat
>>
>>9393710
A family-owned restaurant in my town has their own special recipe for fry batter. Whenever I go their and order the chicken tenders it reminds me of my childhood.
>>
>>9397107
I came to this thread for feels, and this delivered.
>>
My grandpa's cast iron steak. The pan was older than his grandparents but dear God could it cook anything.
>>
>>9399733
old tools are long lasting.
>>
>>9393710

Some chicken in tomato sauce made at a Swiss Italian place. It was so simple but so perfect.
>>
>>9398026
your English is better than most people on here lmao
>>
My mom makes these meatloafs in a mini loaf pan. They have oats as the filler and are really hearty. I'm always hungry for them no matter what
>>
>>9394642
KEK fucking loser
>>
my grandmother used to take care of me as a child since my mom was always working, so she'd usually cook the same 2 or 3 dishes every week and I'd grow tired of it quite easily, even if it was pretty good. as i became an adult i obviously stopped spending so much time with her, and would barely get the chance to eat her food, but a couple of months ago i went to visit her. i wasn't expecting any food but she had prepared some white rice, beans and "bistec encebollao". i was tired, depressed and hadn't eaten in almost two days. my eyes literally watered from how delicious and satisfactory it was
>>
>>9393710
a couple of the specials I've had at Lucca's of Sacramento CA. One was a winter pot roast with root veggies and mashed potatoes that like Ratatouille is a simple dish that the chef just made to absolute perfection. It was cold outside and the dish just warmed me to my core reminding me of childhood coming in from the rain and eating my dad's pot roast it tasted better than even a built up fictional memory.

The other was a perfect thick bone in pork chop with creamy polenta and spring broccoli. In the same theme, a simple dish just made perfectly, I don't have the emotional, but my fiancee is because she's Italian and she made that dudes face when she had it.
>>
File: old-fashioned-meat-loaf.jpg (141KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
old-fashioned-meat-loaf.jpg
141KB, 1000x667px
>>9401467
Meatloaf can indeed be godly if done right.
>>
>>9393710
>>
>>9402573
I only use ketchup when homemade. In any other case I don't think it should be paired with meat. The store-bought versions are insanely sweet and it just hides the taste of any meat.

Ketchup and BBQ sauce should only be used in small quantities or left on the exterior and browned so they are a bitter counter to existing flavors. Or you can do whatever it is you want, I'm not trying to judge how other people use meat that much.
>>
File: fruit_cake_16x9.jpg (43KB, 608x344px) Image search: [Google]
fruit_cake_16x9.jpg
43KB, 608x344px
My great grandma's own ginger fruitcake recipe, when she died my dad got it and makes it whenever I come home to visit
>>
Eggy cheese bagels. My dad made them almost every day for me when I was in high school. Toast the bagel just a little bit (or not if you're running late), fry that egg pupper real good (I like just a bit of crisp on the edges), throw the cheese slice (cheddar or gouda) on the egg, let it melt just a tad, put it on the bagel with a thin scrape of mayo.

Just thinking about it has me missing home again. Fug
>>
>>9393835

lel
>>
>>9393710
Cahuamanta...
>>
>>9394642
Lel "grandma cooking" for me was usually old shit she wanted to get rid of.
>>
Way better when my mom makes it. Even better if my grandma does it. Idk what I do wrong
>>
File: Okroshka_Elizabeth_Minchilli-4.jpg (58KB, 680x598px) Image search: [Google]
Okroshka_Elizabeth_Minchilli-4.jpg
58KB, 680x598px
>>9393710
Okroshka, the best cold soup. Buttermilk niggers need not apply, only fermented bread soda for this guy
>>
>>9394642
Eat ur steak!!! I still don't like liver to this day. I still love u nanny.
>>
>>9395974
lol gay
>>
>>9393710
none i eat fast food everyday
>>
None. Everyone in my family is a terrible cook.
>>
>>9398580

Yeah, there's a little Italian place in my hometown that's not objectively great or anything, but the menu and recipes haven't changed in 25 years. Every time I'm back home I get the chicken parm and the red sauce takes me back to the fun family meals we had there when my dad was still alive.
>>
when i add the fish sauce to the banana bread.

uma delicia!
>>
>>9394482
I feel you man, my mom is polish (notorious here for being bland cooks) plus was born without any sense of smell, so herbs and spices meant nothing to her.
Pretty much only knew salt, pepper and maybe some parsley ("for decoration") until my late teens.
>>
>>9394482
Ratatouille is a vegan dish. Your mom is just butt at cooking.
>>
>>9394642
Hamburger helper is good though
>>
>>9393835
mup fucking beep
>>
cheese tortellini and pesto sauce

When I was super young (like 2-3) my parents were still kind of in medical school so money was tight and they never had time to properly cook

a lot of nights my mom would cook some cheap tortellini and make some pesto sauce from basically the cheap powder shit you find in supermarkets because it was a cheap and quick meal to make

I'm 21 now and every time I come home the first thing I have for dinner is that
>>
>>9406084

your parents are probably rich as hell now though, congrats
>>
>>9393710
Wasn't at a meal, but I was at one of my favorite bars and they had De Dolle Stille Nacht on hand. Was the most amazing beer I've ever had. I also had another similar experience with a glass of Yamazaki 18.
>>
>>9406117

Expensive Japanese whisky reminds you of your childhood?
>>
>>9406140
Childhood was rough. Lol if you read half of these responses they have no idea the premise of the movie. It's supposed to be a childhood favorite elevated by an excellent chef with great technique. Not the same low ball stuff from before and not the most expensive thing you've ever eaten.
>>
>>9406140
Actually yeah, my grandpa used to let me try a sip of his whiskey every now and then, he was pretty awesome. We'd hang out and listen to metal, he'd take me to his job and we'd do demo and cut shit with saws, and at night we'd just hang and talk, pretty much every weekend.
>>
Soupa de macaco
>>
oddly this was not something my mom put painstaking effort into, it was a rush the kids out the door cheap breakfast but she used to scramble 4 eggs with a can of campbells cream of mushroom soup and put the resulting greyish slop on toast. I liked to put hot sauce on it.

it is truly delicious and must be tried before you talk shit.
>>
>>9394400
>makes me feel like Im still in school and my parents are still married

[hurts_just_a_little_bit.jpg]
>>
Campbell's tomato soup and a stack of grilled cheese sandwiches made from Wonderbread and American cheese slices fried up in a pan with butter.

Garbage food, no nutritional value, a billion calories... and I've never known a sensation as warm and filling ever since. :(
>>
>>9406152
It's because his mom made the food with love for him in her heart. Remy's love is a love for all cooking, so it hits that same note of caring. There's nothing really snooty or fancy about it. "Not everyone can be a great chef, but a great chef can come from anywhere."
>>
>>9394491
THE FATS BETRAY YOU BECAUSE THEY BELONG TO ME
>>
>>9406314

I'm sure it tastes fine but man that must look like literal vomit
>>
>>9406625
it does look very bad yes
>>
>>9394642
My grandma made some good shit before she got Alzheimers. Now she's anorexic because she forgets to eat.
>>
>>9394482

Same

Fucking leftie loon ruined my childhood

She used to make pizza that was jut cucumber on a big lettuce leaf. it was like she was mocking me
>>
>>9393855
>I was molested as a kid and this is my way of dealing with it
>sh-she was cute I swear
>>
>>9396348
>their own language
Moron
>>
>>9403381
Filipino food is always better when made by your own parents. Even sticky rice tastes shit when made by someone else.
>>
>>9408270
Actually I would love to be rubbed down in sunscreen by any woman as a kid. Life long degenerate I guess.
>>
>>9393710
tfw the foods you remember as a kid are fried mashed potatoes and burnt popcorn

i miss you grandma and grandpa
>>
File: throwback.jpg (36KB, 468x393px) Image search: [Google]
throwback.jpg
36KB, 468x393px
>>9393710
the original throwback Pepsi
>>
>>9393835
ebin
>>
what is "like this?" he looks like he shat his pants

so Taco Bell I guess
>>
>>9393710
that time i had some money and made some perogis.
Like my aunt used the make when i was a kid.

It was daamn good with panceta
>>
File: ekler.jpg (64KB, 670x460px) Image search: [Google]
ekler.jpg
64KB, 670x460px
The last time I had this.
>>
File: IMG_5261.jpg (80KB, 728x410px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5261.jpg
80KB, 728x410px
My grandma used to make me and my brothers delicious ramen with tuna in it, god I miss her.
>>
File: chow_chow.jpg (115KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
chow_chow.jpg
115KB, 1024x683px
>>9394139
>chow chow
Like the dog?
>>
>>9409496
It's supposed to be nostalgia, it's a scene from Ratatouille where a critic takes a bite of a dish and he remembers when his mother used to make it for him.
>>
>>9402633
I've always strongly disliked english and sweet peas but I will eat bowls of this stuff. Been wanting to make some lately.
>>
>>9402672
That looks like the ketchup was added after cooking or too soon before finish. It really should be added 10-15 minutes before finish so the sugar can caramelize. Same theory as BBQ sauce.
>>
McDonald's Signature burger bleu & bacon
Eating a burger with a knife and a fork while all the poor peasants are eating their BigMac with their hands feel so good
>>
>>9410266
Not him, but I was wondering about it too. Thanks.
>>
>>9410309
As an answer to that, I've never had that. I had lasagna once and it was ok, but my ma's was so much better.
>>
My grandma passed a couple years ago and the food shed make would always be so fucking good, especially her beef stew and pot roast.
Since she passed my grandpa kind of went a little overboard with the house and won't let anyone come over or give anybody any of their things. A lot of stuff from when my mom, aunt and uncle are still in the house and he won't let anybody in. He was never married to my grandma either so legally he doesn't have any rights to hold her or anyone else's belongings to himself.

He won't even give anyone her cookbooks so I'll never have those comfy flashbacks.
Really sucks since she was more of a best friend to me than any of my other friends were.
>>
>>9410366
Sounds like a bit of a prick. Are you at least in a position to pick that stuff up when he dies?
>>
Nothing. My parents stopped cooking anything by the time I was 12 years old. The one or two dishes I can remember from before then I don't know how to make.
>>
Moms swedish meatballs
>>
>>9410630
Im not but my mom and the rest of my family is if that were to happen any time soon. He's 10-15 years younger than my grandma was though so if the cigarettes don't do it, it won't be old age.
I'd rather not think about anymore family dying though.

I'm trying my best to not be mad at him, I understand that people go through grief differently and he probably just needs time. I'm the only one he's brought anything to, just the art supplies she had for me under her bed, mostly junk. Sucks, but it's a start at least.
>>
>>9393710
Prime rib with mashed potatoes. However thinking back it probably was the mix of the juice from the meat and the potatoes that caused it since it tasted like home.
>>
>>9408270
Why do people always assume molestation is something damaging?
>>
>>9411112
Are you fucking serious
>>
It's hard to describe but I had this pizza that reminded me of my dad's cooking before he had a stroke and hardly remembers me.
>>
>>9412634
yes, I'd like to see you try and come up with an argument
>>
A Bartlett pear right from my grandparents tree. Never found anything close since then.
>>
>>9393835
>every board is /b/!!
>>
File: IMG_4647.jpg (11KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4647.jpg
11KB, 318x159px
tostones (fried plantains). used to watch my cuban grandfather get the plantains, fry em a lil, squish em, then fry them all the way through

so crispy and delicious

god i miss him
>>
File: date-scones.jpg (97KB, 1229x768px) Image search: [Google]
date-scones.jpg
97KB, 1229x768px
date scones with a little bit of butter!
my nanna used to make them. i hadn't that them for years until a little while ago, the memories came flooding back! aaaaaahhh
>>
>>9415149
puta madre yo lo que extraño es a mi cuba querida
>>
>>9415191
Puerto Ricans are literally the worst
>>
>>9415253
de que me hablas guajiro?
>>
>>9415261
taco taco el chapo amirite?
>>
>>9415261
I'm just fucking with you m8. You'd think a guy who talks big wouldn't be so offended, yet here we are
>>
>>9403487
stop watching Boris videos.
>>
>>9415267
>>9415293
ya pues
no me ofendi ni nada acere, ando confundido nomas
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.