[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recipes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170704_130722.jpg (4MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170704_130722.jpg
4MB, 4160x3120px
how do you store, manage, etc your recipes? do you read/buy books? look online? write them down? just know them from memory?

i typically look online and follow the recipe exactly the first time I make it. if I like it and make alterations I write it down for later.
>>
>>9393416
Some I have memorized, others I have online.
>>
>>9393416
I read cookbooks, yeah. I write down recipes I find online or see on a TV show. I do save the recipes I write down but I find that I tend to remember them once I've made them a couple of times so I rarely go back to my notes. It's usually only the first or second time I make something that I refer to a recipe.

Whenever I experiment with something new I take notes regarding what I did and update those notes as I continue to improve on the dish. Once it gets where I want it I tend to follow what I described above--I have it written down but once I've done it a couple times I end up remembering the recipe.
>>
I can't cook and I FUCKING hate recipes. FUCK RECIPES. Every fucking recipe leads to the shit it tastes nothing like.

I swear to god If I get a recipe I know for fact NOT to follow it accurately because it will come out fucked up.
>>
When I cook, I just wing it. I can make the same recipe twice, within reason. The only reason I actually use written or online recipes is to share them with other people, so they understand how I made something, or how I plan on making something. Otherwise, I just cook.
>>
Three ring binders divided by my own recipes and family recipes, recipes I've tried and liked, and recipes I haven't tried yet.
>>
>>9393477
Sounds like a personal problem. Have you ever read cookbooks? Or do you just use random recipes you find on the web?
>>
>>9393477
A lot of recipes, especially those found online, are utter shit.

I find that you can filter out a lot of them by following two rules:
1) does the author of the recipe match the nationatlity or type of the food? For example, if you want to cook Indian then the author of the recipe ought to be Indian. If you want to cook soul food the author ought to be an overweight black woman from the US south, and so on.

2) Look at the ingredients. The ingredients need to match the nationality of the recipe. If you're cooking ethnic food and the recipe doesn't call for strange herbs you've never heard of then that's a red flag.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.