[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eating with bowel disorders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0448.jpg (47KB, 1024x717px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0448.jpg
47KB, 1024x717px
My older sibling was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis when they were a teenager, and over the last month I've had symptoms that are similar to what they deal with. I started keeping track of the food I eat to see what aggravates my stomach or make me feel like I'm going to shit my pants, and it looks like milk and nuts are big offenders. I really hope I don't have UC and it's something like lactose intolerance but I still need to get a diagnosis.

If anyone else here had to deal with this type of problem, what did you do to change your diet? Do you have to take probiotics or any other medication to help? I'm 25 but I feel screwed if I have to deal with this for the rest of my life.
>>
>>9392917
See a doctor to find out if you have UC or something different.

AFIK probiotics are not effective for UC, but they are effective for many other conditions which have similar symptoms.
>>
>>9392917
I got that shit and all I can't take is alcohol.
Turns me into a ticking time bomb.
Other then that, I'm fine, don't need a diet change, don't need meds when it does not "flare up".
This condition is still not figured out yet and every case is a bit of a puzzle to see how it goes down.
UC isn't genetic, what can be genetic are mutations in your white bloodcells or your guts or something, you'l only know you'l have it when you get it.
I wouldn't worry about it really, stress aggravates it.
But really, this shit is pretty rare, your probably fine.
>>
>>9392917
When i am already sick, everything fucks with me

i avoid spicy food and anything acidic, alcohol, fizzy drinks, even large amounts of gluten and milk

i'm not really sure which of those are problems but via trial and error over years i have found that eating certain things make it worse and i avoid them

i pretty much just eat protein and fruit
or failing that soup or chips or mash or something

stress definitely has more of an impact than food from what i can tell

spicy food and alcohol/sip do actually really fuck me up

other ones might just be a coincidence
>>
>>9394111
Really?
When I'm sick I can eat anything really.
Then again, I'm pretty young and I've only got it for a year now.
I'm 23, pretty sure that it will screw up more once I get older.
>>
Ffs...fix your digestive track. Glutamine, digestive enzymes, apple cider vinegar, colony forming pro biotics and oil of oregano. Cut your sugar. I got rid of my gut/ibs and lactose problems after a few months of this. Also raw Napa cabbage juice and formented foods like kraut and kimchi will do wonders...
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.