[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This board needs a little class. Post some fine dining meme shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: 3401.jpg (78KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
3401.jpg
78KB, 1000x1000px
This board needs a little class.
Post some fine dining meme shit.
>>
Why did you post a bug on a plate asshole
>>
>>9392019
kek
>>
>>9392019
>he is a little womanly man who is afraid of bugs
>>
File: A7JcpLi.jpg (563KB, 2304x3072px) Image search: [Google]
A7JcpLi.jpg
563KB, 2304x3072px
>>9391744
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (118KB, 1400x810px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
118KB, 1400x810px
>>
>>9392019
Honestly please keep thinking that way. I'm hoping this meme catches on and people stop eating lobsters and crabs so I can get that shit cheaper again.
>>
>>9392403
this guy knows what he's talking about
>>
>>9392123
I love a bag of max res defaults.
>>
>Lobster

This is literally poor people food in Maine.
>>
>>9391744
The 80's called, they want their plate back.
>>
>>9393126
That's really the essence of fine dining, you know?
Shipping the inferior products halfway across the world and, successfully, convincing people that expenses incurred by shipping logistics are marks of quality.

Classical fine dining is in essence just the antiquated equivalent of the millennial penchant for 'atmosphere'
>>
Anyone here actually a professional chef at a restaurant or are you all just frozen dino nuggets with sweet baby rays kind of morons?
I work at the best restaurant in my state.
Very stressful but I love cooking.
>>9393146
Thanks for saying it
I can't stand outdated plating.
>>
>>9393126
Lobster was once only given to slaves and servants because it was thought of as "low people food" as the lobster was a bottom-feeder.
>>
>>9393206
If you're going to parrot something you might as well parrot it correctly.

It was once fed to prisoners (not slaves) in Boston because, well, they had a local surplus of lobster because they fucking catch them there. At that time there was no such thing as freezer or refrigerated transportation so they fed them to prisoners rather than throw it out before it spoiled. It was a one-time event tied to a local surplus of lobster, not an ongiong thing. And the motivation was cost, not "muh bottom feeder".

Elsewhere in the world lobster has always been an expensive luxury.
>>
File: duck_side.jpg (2MB, 4632x3088px) Image search: [Google]
duck_side.jpg
2MB, 4632x3088px
What are ingredients/dishes that you think merit being called fine cuisine or a high premium?
>>
File: 20161205_205234.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161205_205234.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>
>>9393254
I don't think it has much to do with the dish. Rather it's the atmosphere of the place, and the experience as a whole.

There are some ingredients that get assocated with fine dining, like premium wines, caviar, truffles, etc. But it's not as if those things automatically imply fine dining. I once cooked Beef Wellington & served it with fancy wine in a literal trailer park. Truffles aren't necessarily "fine dining" in locations where truffles grow.
>>
>>9393212
Kek, just took away poor people's last straw.
>>
>>9393254
30+ day dry aged steaks
Osetra caviar
>>
> racist ass 4chan thinks class is only for white people

Class can be whatever you want, white fucks. You don't have to have money to be classy.
>>
>>9393254
I wouldn't consider anything fine dining unless it's either the best, or near the best, example of something the region it is in is known for.

If they aren't in a situation where they can pass on ingredients for not meeting the most stringent qualifications, such as the difference between getting soft-shelled lobster in Maine as opposed to the hard-shelled lobster that gets shipped everywhere else, then they're just a pomped-up diner that found the niche of selling overpriced food to know-nothing boomers on their anniversaries.
>>
>>9393283
Fuck off /pol/fag
>>
>>9393283

> "you can be classy if you want."

Too bad people like you don't actually want to be classy.

Attention whore <> classy
>>
>>9393260
>thinks Beef Wellington is fine dining
>is literal trailer trash
>burger.jpg
Did you misclick on this thread, or something?
>>
>>9393254
Rare ingredients, things that are hard to grow harvest, requires a lot of technical skill to cook, perfectly balanced flavor, good plating, dining atmosphere is very upscale
>>
File: IMG_1460.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1460.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Stuff like dis
>>
>>9392123
Lol!
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.