[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey ck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: c700x420.jpg (68KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
c700x420.jpg
68KB, 700x420px
So first time posting on this board... maybe. I might have once before when I was drunk. First time making a thread anyway.
So I live in America and I have some French neighbors. I'm 33 and lived here for the majority of my life(no it's not my mother's basement) and they have always been great neighbors. Their family moved here during ww2 to escape the nazis. They(around 60 years old now?), along with one of their mother's(pretty sure it was the husband's) moved in next door around 30 years ago.
On to the ck part. The mother died some years ago and now the wife is dying of cancer. I know wine is the obvious choice but I don't want to be that kind of obvious and I know this isn't food but I thought this would be the best board to ask. What are some good drinks that I could have with my french neighbors that barely speak the same language as me? I want to go over and have some good strong liquor or a good strong cocktail with some french people that i can barely communicate with that will remind them of France when they were younger. I want to heartedly drink with my frenchie neighbors before the ever-so-sweet wife, who was always quick with the bonjour, passes and I want it to be something they will respect. Any suggestions?
>>
File: 1502989101680.jpg (33KB, 469x469px) Image search: [Google]
1502989101680.jpg
33KB, 469x469px
>>9388353
>I want to get drunk with my elder neighbors with cancer
>>
>>9388353
I know shit about wine but bring along some good cheese (not that supermarket shit) and bread to go with it, cut everything in pieces and put it in a wooden board for best outcome. Best wishes for that poor woman.
>>
>>9388353
Also, alcohol might not be a good option 'cause of medication. It's usually incompatible.
>>
>>9388368
>>9388379
Look I know they drink and it's only one of them with cancer. They may have even taken up smoking pot. Also, whatever, they have good times over there even if it is just the two of them now. I want to share a little of the good times with them before she leaves us and he turns into that weird French hermit
>>
>>9388353
one quick google for "alcohol with chemo"

' I never drank during chemo until my chemo nurse, as I neared the end of treatment, told me that "a glass, even two, of wine won't hurt you."
Well, she was misinformed! It won't hurt you only under the following circumstances:
That you are well hydrated, with enough water;

That you are drinking wine, preferably red, and only one glass;

That you are drinking WITH a meal; alone, alchol will raise your blood sugar much too quickly, bad for cancer patients

That your blood PLATELETS are not extremely low; if they are, you endanger yourself by further thinning them with alcohol.'

you're 33 this shouldnt be a thing man
no hard liquor

bring a nice brie or camembert, maybe a bread from the local bakery, martinelli's or a light red, or a pastry with fruit or chocolate from a good shop

best of luck though
>>
>>9388386
DUDE
>>
>oh hello pardon the intrusion I was just wondering if you and your dying wife will drink with me I brought some wine what are we having for dinner?
>>
>>9388393
Dude
>>9388391
It's really more for his sake than her's. From what I could gather, death is imminent for her. The man has been a public bus driver for, as far as I know, forever and I've watched as their back yard transformed from nothing to a beautiful garden with several more-than-temporary tents where they used to drink (wine?) and listen to their shortwave radio
>>
>>9388401
It's really been more than just a casual superficial relationship. I wouldn't be asking otherwise
>>
File: 1504482910119.jpg (95KB, 884x803px) Image search: [Google]
1504482910119.jpg
95KB, 884x803px
>escaping from the Nazi's
>>
File: 960x590-Sideways.png (703KB, 960x591px) Image search: [Google]
960x590-Sideways.png
703KB, 960x591px
Bring them an american wine and print out the wikipedia on "the judgment of paris". Make sure to americanise your pronunciation of anything even remotely french-sounding. For instance if you were going to say "merlot" pronounce it "merlought". If they correct you, tell them this is america and y'all had damm well better get yousta it.

Also be sure to explain to the husband that he shouldn't feel bad because death is just a part of life. Same goes for the wife. If they express sadness, you should exhibit a haughty contempt. In this way they will come to see you as some sort of eastern type spiritual master and through your wisdom they will no longer see the need to be such debbie downers.
>>
File: image.png (638KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
638KB, 750x1334px
Don't forget to show up with matching gifts for the misses and mister anon.
>>
>>9388714
I'll bet you thought this was really witty and funny as you were typing this.
>>
Just bring some cognac and be done with it.
>>
I AM NOT DRINKING MERLOUGHT
>>
>>9388353
France is my neighbor country and I know them pretty well and they love to drink, try to find some pastis (ricard) or absynthe both have an anise taste.

Or try Armagnac or Calvados.

Also get some foie gras and confit d'oignons with soft toasts.
>>
France is muslim now so just bring a niqab, a quran and an explosive belt. she'll be fine.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.