[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

which fucking part of a burger is junk food? is the bread, the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 21

File: IMG_0073.jpg (424KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0073.jpg
424KB, 2048x1536px
which fucking part of a burger is junk food?
is the bread, the meat, the cheese, or the vegetables?
which btw are delicious when combined
>>
>>9385731
Probably the amount of fat senpai
>>
>>9385731
Can't /ck/ build the better burger??
>>
>>9385731
Eat ten for every meal so we can get rid of you sooner, shitposter.
>>
>>9385731
the bread
>>
>>9385731
I think using cheddar on burgers almost ruins it. Lettuce too.

I'm American, I don't always eat burgers, but there is a perfect one for me. A medium rare thick patty, on a pretzel bun, provolone cheese. I want thick hickory smoked bacon, I want a healthy slice of tomato, a good slice of raw onion, and some pickles. I would also like a heap of sauteed mushrooms. For my condiments, a mixture of mayo and banana ketchup, add a dash of English mustard for some heat. Just a dash though, and spread that on the top bun.

There's other burgers I've had that I like when I've had a few drinks. A burger with a fried egg in it, or the wildly unhealthy mozzarella cheese-stick burger, it's just a burger with cheese sticks in between the buns.
>>
>>9385832
>Lettuce too.
Lettuce delivers the crispy crunch
>>
>>9385731
>bread
>cheese
>meat
there's your junk
>>
>>9385738

So where's the fat then? Bread is full of carbo I know, maybe in the cheese? Is there all that fat?

Because sure isn't in the meat, so where is it?
>>
File: 3541308.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
3541308.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>9385864
>>
>>9385841
t. nu-male
>>
>>9385869
>t.lard ball
>>
>>9385873
>meanwhile everyone who lifts eats those three things
get fucked
>>
>>9385868

Low quality knowledge, because you can't answer the question
>>
>>9385837
If you like a layer of crispy lettuce on your burger then that's all you. It doesn't hurt or offend me in anyway, I just prefer not to have it. I would never think less of anyone for having it, I just don't like it on mine.
>>
File: IMG_1290.png (362KB, 680x451px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1290.png
362KB, 680x451px
>>9385837
This isn't necessarily the best way though. The burger is already relatively soft. You wouldn't put a leaf of lettuce on a steak. I think the juicy part of a burger is best complimented with minimal adornments. Tomato and thin onion can help cut through the fat. I still like a classic America burger with all the fixings though.
>>
>>9385883
Ok cool

>>9385885
I wouldn't put lettuce on a steak because the only thing that goes on my steak is mushrooms.
>>
>>9385881
>meanwhile vegan gains just stole your girl without eating pus filled shit
really boggles the brain
>>
File: 1490603147234.png (9KB, 459x377px) Image search: [Google]
1490603147234.png
9KB, 459x377px
>>9385882
you can't actually be serious
>>
Mostly what makes burgers "junk food" is the high calorie density but the relatively low nutritional density.

You'll get a decent amount of protein and iron from the patty and calcium from the cheese, but not much from a leaf of lettuce and a couple tomato slices. The bun is mostly just empty calories. They also have a lot of fat and salt. This not factoring any sauces or bacon or fried toppings added to many burgers.

I fucking love a good burger, but they're absolutely a treat food and not a daily staple.
>>
>>9385885
He's kind of right though, I still like a burger with a little bit of a snap to it. For me the pickles do it, and I kind of think lettuce is just a flavorless addition. Some people like a little bit more of a snap to it.

I would use lettuce on a chicken/egg/tuna salad sandwich. It gives it that crisp and you can't really use pickles to do it. I would use pickles or potato chips on a ham/turkey sandwich for the snap.
>>
But on fast food burgers, my lettuce never has any snap to it and is normally wilted and yellow/brown with maybe a hint of green going on with it. If it's purpose is to add snap, why isn't it snappy?
>>
>>9385929
>fast food burgers
There's your problem. They were likely frozen, destroying the snapping properties. There's nothing like a home grilled burger with freshly washed lettuce and a slice of a garden grown tomato on a lightly toasted still warm hamburger bun.
>>
File: 1498433095862.png (140KB, 986x492px) Image search: [Google]
1498433095862.png
140KB, 986x492px
>>9385903
You dodged his first bait, but the second...
>>
File: 1501866830243.png (55KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1501866830243.png
55KB, 400x400px
>>9385916
Best post in the thread for actually answering OP.
>>
File: 1502976837272.jpg (8KB, 265x235px) Image search: [Google]
1502976837272.jpg
8KB, 265x235px
>>9385832
>putting pickles on a bacon cheeseburger
>>
>>9385731
The vegetables
>>
>>9385916
Are you sure? It's quite nutritionally complete compared to "healthy" things.

A simple burger made at home can be very healthy, or a burger like pictured in the OP.
>>
File: 1502753056618.gif (240KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1502753056618.gif
240KB, 320x320px
>>9386157
empty calorie bread, fatty burger, all the shit like ketchup and mayo that people drench burgers in.

>why are burgers unhealthy?it baffles the mind
>>
>>9386157
Yes, I'm positive. The nutritional value of the vegetable toppings is nowhere near full serving levels.

I love burgers, and they are a great shot of protein, but they are calorically dense and not really nutritionally well rounded by themselves.

If you paired a moderate sized burger, that didn't have a lot of sauces and toppings on it, with a good sized and well made vegetable side you'd have a more nutritionally rounded meal. But still pretty fat and calorie heavy.

Which is why I eat burgers as a treat, not as a staple.
>>
>>9386204
They should never be a staple just like pizza, fried chicken, fast order chinese food, Taco Bell/fast food TexMex. You're definitely right on that one. Some people don't understand that for some reason.
>>
File: avocaprese.jpg (205KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
avocaprese.jpg
205KB, 1280x640px
>>9386193
Pic related is literally the same thing, but consumers pay several times the price of a regular burger for one of these shits. Also, people would be shocked if you said pic related was "junk" food.

The bread is not "empty" of calories in either case. The protein is, well, protein (you'll get more in the burger actually) and there are FAR more saturated fats in pic related than in OP's burger.

Eager to hear how you justify this.
>>
>>9386234
don't know why you're assuming I'm going to justify the shit you posted. Still got white bread in it, looks like it's drenched in some kind of oil or vinegar, assuming avocado and some kind of egg. White bread is always empty calories. White bread is junk food through and through. Food in that pic looks like shit. Could have a much healthier and protein packed vege burger or quorn that is less fatty.
>>
>>9386234
Clarification: When people say "empty calories" they don't mean the bread has no calories. They mean the bread has a lot of calories but little nutritional value.
>>
>>9386226
It seems like you just have a general "bad feeling" about food that you allow to determine what you think (read: feel) is healthy or not.

>>9386204
Most burgers made at home are far healthier and serve as staples just fine. They're better than things like pasta, which if not for the meat are almost wholly calories from sugars.
>>
>>9386250
>fats are unhealthy cuz fats

did the vegan containment thread hit bump limit
>>
>>9385832
>Banana ketchup

Found the Filipino subhuman
>>
Eating a sensibly sized homemade burger once or twice a week is fine so long as you don't go crazy with the toppings and sides.

Eating a big, topping laden burger with a big pile of fries or onion rings is something you should do rarely, like for special occasions.
>>
>>9385731
- Red meat causes cancer and diabetes
- Saturated fat causes hypercholesteremia, atherosclerosis, cancer, dysbiosis, brain damage, insulin resistance, diabetes, endothelial dysfunction, metabolic dysfunction of adipose tissue, muscle, liver and pancreas.
Ground beef is high in saturated fat.
Cheese is high in saturated fat.
- Salt causes elevated blood pressure, endothelial dysfunction, calcium losses in the urine and stomach cancer
All components of the burger are high in salt except the vegetables.
- Burgers may contain sauce and mayonnaise made from refined seed oils which are high in oxidized omega-6 FAs and toxic byproducts of the industrial production process

A McDonalds Cheeseburger provides
- 33% of calories as fat which is too high in total fat
- 15% of calories as saturated fat which too high in saturated fat
- 44% of calories as carbohydrate which is too low in carbohydrates, and coming primarily from a refined grain
- 1.7 grams of salt which is a little under half of the daily maximum
- 6.66 grams of fiber per 1000 calories which is too low in fiber
>>
>>9385731
It's really only the grease from the burger and all that extra sodium that gets into the mix.

Otherwise, they really aren't that unhealthy (especially if you pack on lots of veggies/lettuce)
>>
>>9386329
>- 6.66 grams of fiber per 1000 calories which is too low in fiber

>a meat is low in fiber
That's a bigger shocker than the one I gave your mother last night
>>
>>9385731
it was called junk food once fast food places started to make the most cooked food.
Like MCdonalds for example.
You can hide the burger for years and will still be edible
>>
The portion size the sides and cost make it junk. You could have a small burger and it would be considered a healthy snack. You could have it with good bread and a side salad instead of Friday and coke and it'll be a nice meal. You could have a meal with almost the exact same nutrition in an expensive restaurant and it'll be indulgent instead of junk.
>>
File: 1492115681659.jpg (68KB, 699x485px) Image search: [Google]
1492115681659.jpg
68KB, 699x485px
>>9387561
>You could have a meal with almost the exact same nutrition in an expensive restaurant and it'll be indulgent instead of junk
>>
>>9385916
>what is a whole wheat bun
>what is a side salad
>what is not shoveling fucking crisps down your hole which have piss all nutrient value but spike insulin levels
>>
>>9386260
k. just die then.
>>
>>9385731
If you're talking fast food, It's the low-quality ingredients used throughout the burger.

* Meat: worst cuts, such as ground-up heart tissue
* Bun: basic white bread with lots of industrialized crap
* Cheese: it's not even legally cheese, just oils and emulsifiers with flavoring
* random sauces, including ketchup: full of sugar and preservatives and crap
* Lettuce and tomato and pickle: these are basically ok, all four grams of them that you get if you specifically request tomato because otherwise they'll leave it off to save costs

So, basically, 1/100th of the fast-food "burger" is stuff that you should be eating.

If you make your own at home, from a decent grade of ground beast and real cheese and so on, then they're breddy gud. I make mine bunless because keto. Throw a thick slice of onion on top, season with rosemary/oregano/basil, and top with a couple of slices of Emmenthaler.
>>
>>9385731
>which fucking part of a burger is junk food?
the bread is usually full of sugar or corn syrum and the "cheese" is processed to hell and back
other than that its pretty good
>>
>>9385738
Then why is foie gras not junk food?
>>
>>9385731
The cook
>>
>>9385731
That burger looks delicious.
>>
>>9385731
The classic burger is built from the cheapest garbage tier ingredients. The ground beef is the lowest quality beef you can get. The bun is almost always made from the most highly processed bleached enriched flour, loaded with preservatives and conditioners. The cheese is the cheapest shit you can get, often barely even cheese by legal standards. The vegetables are just tokens to add some kind of fresh taste to the result.
>>9385738
Also this, as well as the amount of salt.

It's junk food because you're replacing a meal with a highly caloric snack that isn't so rich in terms of nutrition per calorie.
>>
>>9385832
>provolone cheese
>on a burger
Provolone is like the blandest fucking cheese ever and you put it on a burger and pretend you're some fucking genius burger maker
Fuck off you pretentious cunt
>>
>>9389055
>doesn't like the cheese that works on the highest number of different sandwiches

Just because you can't go more than a few words without saying fuck doesn't mean you have taste
>>
the absolute STATE of americans
>>
>>9389055
>pretentious for using provolone on a burger
How is that at all pretentious? It's not like I'm rattling off names of some French cheeses that no one has ever heard of and trying to pair my "Beef wellington ensemble" with only the finest wine.
>>
>>9387830
Sure, you can make a healthy version of any junk food, but the heart of the question is the classic burger.
Most people prefer the white processed buns and 1 lb of fries with their burger.
>>
>>9385731
If it's made from good ingredients? None of it.

If it's factory-processed slop with the lowest possible quality shit-tier ingredients as is served at most fast food places? All of it.
>>
>>9389055
>pretentious
I get what you're trying to say. A good fast food burger is delicious trash. But someone trying to do better than fast food isn't being pretentious unless they're of such a low social class that going into any restaurant other than a fast food joint would be putting on airs. You're not really demonstrating a clear understanding of the word pretentious, unless you're just assuming everyone is on the lower end of working class.
>>
I feel redpilled right now.

>white bread
You can just get a fucking quality bread with whole grains
>meat
Anyone who thinks meat isn't healthy should get out of here
>lettuce/tomato/whatever vegetables
Does anyone question how healthy they are?
>cheese
Just get anything besides american "cheese".

I feel lied when people called burgers "junk food".
>>
File: IMG_1760.jpg (189KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1760.jpg
189KB, 640x853px
i've reached a big problem in my diet, i can't eat without smoking weed and my dads downstairs making a big plate of pancakes, any diet tips ck?
>>
Junk food is about source ingredients and burgers have traditionally been made with shit tier ingredients. There really shouldn't be any debate over this, but defensive trailer trash will always get offended if you suggest that a snack cake with 50,000 ingredients on the label might be something less than completely wholesome. And so it is with pink slime on a bun with a half life of 300 years.
>>
>>9389120
Most people are idiots, anon. They don't realize that whether or not something is pretentious hinges solely on a person's motivation for doing said thing. They think it's an adjective that can describe objects rather than people.
>>
>>9385864
Combination of the meat, cheese, and mayo. Seriously just getting no cheese and no mayo on your burger cuts a decent amount of calories.
>>
>>9385731
probably just the large portion of 70-80% fat beef. 1lb of 70% is 1506 calories so a 1/3lb burger is 500 calories of beef alone.
>>
>>9389143
new here?
>>
>>9389150
>They think it's an adjective that can describe objects rather than people.
I don't think they think that because they're idiots. They're just sheltered. They see trying to improve the burger instead of embracing its pedestrian glory as pretentious, because for them and the folks they know it would be. And they just assume everybody else is in the same position. But for the kind of people who eat at Michelin starred restaurants over the last 15 years or so the chef driven burger with its custom meat blend and bun might be delicious silliness, but it's hardly pretentious.
>>
>>9389038
>salt is bad
kik
>>
How fucking stupid are you people?
A burger doesn't have to be junkfood if it's prepared at home and not at a fastfood place
>>
>>9389209
>I don't think they think that because they're idiots
Sure they are. They don't even know what the word pretentious means and are using it incorrectly. A food can never be pretentious. Only a person can be. And whether or not a person is pretentious depends on his motivation for doing something.

>>person eats fancy cheese because they enjoy the taste
Not pretentious

>>person eats fancy cheese because they want to show off to their peers & appear to be something that they are not
Pretentious.
>>
>>9389243
Provolone is a fancy cheese? It's sitting in the grocery store right next to American cheese slices and giant tubs of sour cream.
>>
>>9389252
I never said it was. I just used "Fancy cheese" as a random example. It wasn't meant to describe provolone. If it makes you feel better substitute "expensive wine", "truffles", "caviar", "Jamon Iberico de Bellota", etc, for "fancy cheese".
>>
>>9389231
A day or two's worth of salt in one meal is a bit much.
>>9389243
I agree with you. But it's more a matter of culture that idiocy. If you live in a place where pretty much everyone you know has the same opinions about what's pretentious then you just extend the meaning of the word to what you consider symbols of it, because everyone you know pretty much agrees on those symbols. For example, to the average Joe shelling out for a Brooks Brothers suit and a pair of Prada shoes would be pretentious, because they're nothing more than expensive status symbols that have no place in his world. But for an Associate on Wall St who just got his first bonus buying clothes like that is pretty much expected, and not at all pretentious. The average Joe just assumes that because these things would be pretentious for him to own that they're pretentious things. Easy mistake.
>>
>>9389266
>If it makes you feel better substitute "expensive wine", "truffles", "caviar", "Jamon Iberico de Bellota", etc, for "fancy cheese".
None of those things are pretentious, either. They may be things some people consume in a pretentious manner, but plenty of folks enjoy them simply because they have the opportunity to do so.
>>
File: benis.png (500KB, 695x675px) Image search: [Google]
benis.png
500KB, 695x675px
>>9389136
>2 years later anon is a fat fuck and makes a thread crying about how he "fell for the burger meme" ie believed some shit some dumb person said
>>
>>9389279
>then you just extend the meaning of the word to what you consider symbols of it,
And there's where the idiocy comes in. I'm aware that people often do that, but it is in fact idiotic.
>>
>>9389287
>None of those things are pretentious, either. They may be things some people consume in a pretentious manner, but plenty of folks enjoy them simply because they have the opportunity to do so.

That was my entire point. I'm glad we agree.
>>
Does anyone else think hamburger buns should be toasted? I do this all the time at home and it's such a simple thing to do, it makes an already good burger so much better.
>>
>>9389300
I do. If you're grilling your patties then toast the buns on the grill. If you're cooking them in pan or on a flattop then toast the buns in a little of the leftover grease from cooking the patties (or bacon, if you are making bacon burgers).
>>
>>9385731
What makes the burger 'junk' is the sum of its parts.
Firstly, we need to differentiate between different kinds of burgers. It is useless to treat a homemade burger with freshly ground beef and salad with a bigmac.
So we take the typical fast food burger. Its features are 1, low quality ground beef which is high in fat, 2 poor quality vegetables (not fresh, possibly gmo and not in large quantity), 3, processed cheese and 4, highly processed sugar laden bun. This kind of burger is extremely low in fibre and nutrients/vitamins and shit. There is a lot of fat and salt. Therefore for the calories and salt that you absorb, you get relatively low vitamins, nutrients and fibre and a large amount of fat. So it is generally not good for you. This is not taking into account condiments and sauces, which vary so much it is hard to be fair in judging them

Take the typical homemade burger. It has better quality minced beef, generally fresher vegetables (and generally more vegetables relative to meat and bun), the same processed cheese/condiments. However, the bun is quite different as it usually contains somewhat more fibre and a lot less added sugar and salt. So in general the homemade burger is junkish but not nearly as bad as the fast food style one.

You can take it a step further when preparing at home quite easily. Basically use a better quality bun and increase the vegetable ratio with extremely fresh vegetables, beef and decent quality cheese. Suddenly you have a burger that provides a decent amount of vitamins, fibre and nutrients with a lot less sugar and salt.

TL;DR homemade burgers when done right are not junk. Only a fucking moron who cannot cook thinks they are. As long as you prep them like a rational person you should get a relatively balanced meal. Further, it's the sides that really kill the burger, chips and cola and stuff.
>>
>>9389294
>it is in fact idiotic.
It's more than that. It's that the middle class has the most rigorously self-policing set of social norms of any group in the country. Identifying things as pretentious is part of it. It's intentional misuse of the word. It's the same way they use the word normal to describe people like them. Work a straight job, send your kids to school, mow your lawn, go to church on Sunday and most importantly don't get above yourself. Fuck, they're still trying to decide if it's OK for men to drink wine.
>>
>>9389308
You are spot on. Also I have found (and this is a big improvement on my already good burgers so i'm sharing this tip) that to toast the bun ever so slightly more than you think you should ups the quality like crazy.

Slightly overly toasted is a massive flavor bump. Found it by accident.
>>
>>9385864
>American Education.
>>
>>9389384
>>'Merican Education.

Fun Fact:

In the late 1990's the Oakland board of education created "Ebonics" as an actual English class just so they can get rid of and "graduate" all the 5th and 6th year Niggers who kept failing.

> On December 18, 1996, the Oakland Unified School District school board of Oakland, California, United States, passed a controversial resolution recognizing the legitimacy of Ebonics — what mainstream linguists more commonly term African American Vernacular English (AAVE) — as an African language. The resolution set off a firestorm of media criticism and ignited a national debate.

Now you understand why so many 'Merican kids come out of college without even being able to spell or use basic grammar.

"no child left behind" = We cater our schools to the lowest common denominator
>>
>>9385731
I think its the sugar in the bread or perhaps the fat in the cheese and meat.

I hear American breads texture can be more like cake then bread. Would like to know if this is true.
>>
>>9390930
Yeah, your standard store bought American pre-sliced breads and buns are sweet and have little texture.

Things are changing though, people are starting to appreciate more traditional types of bread.
>>
>>9385731
The cancerous cooking oil seeped into the meat.

The cheap, low quality meat from badly fed cattle.

The cheap white flour bread, which is nearly devoid of nutrition.

But mostly the hydrogenated cooking oil is the problem.

You want natural high-smoke point frying oils like butter, animal fat, and coconut oil, and even then you want to fry quickly and lightly to avoid the carcinogens from burnt fat or meat.
>>
>>9389376
How over-toasted we talkin'? I have when I let it go too far and get crumbs falling off (goes without saying toasting is still essential on my burger).

>>9389403
> 'Merican education
> Fun fact:
American schools are a festering cesspool of ignorance that lets faggots like you stagnate into shitposting NEETs who blame their under-employed, undersexed, faggot lives in Mom's basement on
>the fucking niggers, man

Oh, and not only are you a piece of shit, you're also a piece of shit, because you're in the wrong fucking board you goddamn faggot.

I can't wait until you get the ass beating that must be coming to a twat like you.
>>
A hamburger isn't junk food on it's own.

Fast food chains gave it that reputation.
>>
>>9389038
"I replace ALL of my salt intake with semen. Gotta keep that sodium low and that protein high."
>>
I do not eat beefburgers.
>>
>>9391080
if you put oil in a pan to cook a burger you are autistic and if thats your biggest problem just grill that bitch you dumb fuck
>>
>>9389376
Wouldn't that then become "just right toasted"?
>>
>>9385832
>medium rare thick patty
>pretzel bun
>provolone cheese
unironically the worst taste in burgers i have ever witnessed
>>
File: creamy_filling.jpg (20KB, 470x630px) Image search: [Google]
creamy_filling.jpg
20KB, 470x630px
>>9385832
>medium rare
Enjoy your food-borne illness, cuck.
>>
>>9385832
Regardless of how sharp the cheddar is; I'm not sure how you think smoked bacon would detract from flavor any less so. Or pickles for that matter. Provolone is the best burger cheese aside from maybe emmentaler. There are other cheeses from the Chesire area though I don't know the name and haven't gotten a chance to try them with various breads and toppings.

I don't know what banana ketchup is but I get the general idea. I'd recommend trying a burger, bacon, peanut butter, and raw banana with your favored bun next time. It's magical.
>>
File: 924bd.jpg (19KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
924bd.jpg
19KB, 320x480px
>>9385738
>believing fat is bad
You've been played by the sugar industry
>>
>>9391409
Have you ever thought that maybe, MAYBE both are bad ?
>>
>>9391432
Neither are bad unless you are overeating them. This shit people keep pushing where an entire group of macronutrients are bad needs to fucking stop. Just use moderation.
>>
>>9391432
My brain lives off of fat.
Whereas sugar is absolutely useless in any persons diet.>>9391448 absolutely no nutrition
>>
File: 1499726972533.jpg (36KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1499726972533.jpg
36KB, 512x384px
>>9391432
Obviously everything is bad for you and you should just stop eating. Scientifically proven to help you lose weight.
>>
>>9389143
semen
>>

The part where you don't work off the calories?
>>
>>9393392
There is nothing wrong with being fat
>>
>>9391454
You know glucose is your bodies preferred source of energy?
>>
>>9393742
Because its something it can utilize expediently. Its not suitable for endurance. Which is what our bodies are built for.
>>
>>9393750
What do you need endurance for, anon? Are you a laborer? Do you run marathons? Are you a solider? Professional athlete?
>>
>>9393766
What if he just likes not being a bitch boy?
>>
>>9393766
This>>9393772
Also the copious amounts of sugar we are bombarded with these days are far from natural(let's not fight about what's natural now). You should check out 'sugar, the silent killer'
>>
File: 1497447085367.jpg (6KB, 239x250px) Image search: [Google]
1497447085367.jpg
6KB, 239x250px
>>9391136
So you both agree on school/educations being garbage but different theory. He says it's black peoples fault for lowering quality, curious what you think the issue is?
>>
>>9393809
A lack of a public school system.
That's what really lets the USA down, it's Europe's educational ace card, so to speak.
>>
File: Irony - Definition.png (175KB, 490x368px) Image search: [Google]
Irony - Definition.png
175KB, 490x368px
>>9389403
>In the late 1990's the Oakland board of education created "Ebonics" as an actual English class just so they can get rid of and "graduate" all the 5th and 6th year Niggers who kept failing.
>> On December 18, 1996, the Oakland Unified School District school board of Oakland, California, United States, passed a controversial resolution recognizing the legitimacy of Ebonics — what mainstream linguists more commonly term African American Vernacular English (AAVE) — as an African language. The resolution set off a firestorm of media criticism and ignited a national debate.
>Now you understand why so many 'Merican kids come out of college without even being able to spell or use basic grammar.

On the other hand, how else do you expect the schools to get rid of those niggers? Just fail them? That would be "racist."
>>
>>9393840
This explains why you see phrases such as 'eat healthy' on this board.
>>
>Maybe it's our broken ass outdated school system that's at fault....no it's definitely the black people and not that public education is fucking terrible and judging people by test scores instead of as individuals is failing.

I love muenster and pepper jack cheese on my burgers.
>>
>>9393809
>it's black peoples fault for lowering quality

No. It's you dumbstruck white liberals fault for catering your schools to the lowest common denominators: Niggers.

Chinese high school kids learn Calculus.

Indian high school kids learn Relational Programming and Data Structures

'Merican high school kids keep re-learning basic Algebra over and over again because little Tyronne couldn't give less of a shit about learning that "racist white mans math."
>>
>>9393840
>Just fail them?
Yes. Lowering of standards just to make everyone pass helps nobody.

>>that would be "racist."
Yeah, that's the sort of shit that some people will scream. But I don't see anything "racist" about it as long as the standards are enforced equally. If you don't pass your classes then you don't graduate. Simple as that. Same rule applies to every student regardless of race.

Alas standards seem to be dumbed down all over the place. There were recent articles about how a police department was sued by female officers in training who claimed the physical fitness tests required for police officers were sexist because the women had a hard time passing them. They ended up abolishing physical fitness requirements for officers period.
>>
>>9393872

Why do you think all Asian, Indian, and White parents send their kids to private school? In america, if you let your kids go to public school with the LCD blacks, you have nobody to blame for your dumb kids but yourself.
>>
>>9393872
Chinese kids in Hong Kong learn their calculus in Cantonese rather than mouthbreathing flyovers like you insisting HAN-YUE RACEWAR TEACH THOSE MONKEYS IN MANDARIN EVEN IF THEY DON'T SPEAK IT AND THEN BLAME THEM WHEN THEY FAIL.
>>
>>9393878
Chief Cletus: "Hey, Jim-bob, what'd all the uppity cunts lift on our test?"
Officer Jim-Bob: "All around sixty pounds, boss."
Chief Cletus: "Looks like our fitness test test this year is lifting seventy pounds!"
Judge: "So, Chief Cletus, what's the heaviest piece of equipment in your kit?"
Chief Cletus: "Uhh... fourtypoundsiguess......"
Judge: "And can you yourself lift this box of filings?"
Chief Cletus: "wellithrewoutmybackinachaseyesterdayijustdidntfilethepaperworkyethonest.........."

is basically how that one played out. You're mistaking "someone manipulated statistics after the fact as an excuse" for "there was a well-researched and significant standard."
>>
>>9393878
>Alas standards seem to be dumbeD down all over the place. There were recent articles about how a police department was sued by female officers in training who claimed the physical fitness tests required for police officers were sexist because the women had a hard time passing them. They ended up abolishing physical fitness requirements for officers period.

This is true American "EQUALITY". Everyone is equally dumb & incompetent as least capable person. In most cases: blacks.
>>
>>9385864
it's in the meat, and the grease coating the meat and the bun and your hands as you eat it, you fat piece of shit. not to say anything about that artifically colored yellow glob of processed fat on the fucking meat
>>
>>9393915
Thanks, I didn't know the background behind it. If someone was indeed manipulating standards to deliberately fail the women then that is indeed wrong.

But I'd like to read up on the whole story. I should hope that the fitness requirements far exceed simply the "weight of the heaviest item in your kit". There's a big difference between being able to pick up and move a tool versus being able to use that tool effectively. And the police chief--who works a desk job--certainly does not need to meet the same standards as a patrol officer. I would think that the standards are based on what an officer's job is. A motorcycle officer needs to know how to ride a motorcycle. Other officers don't. The bomb squad needs to know how to handle explosives. Other officers don't. The guys and gals who are actually on patrol need high physical fitness ability. The dispatcher and the clerks do not. The SWAT team needs special weapons training that other officers don't. And so on.

And even in this case I would think that the proper solution would be to implement well-researched standards rather than eliminate them altogether.
>>
>>9389403
>In the late 1990's the Oakland board of education created "Ebonics" as an actual English class just so they can get rid of and "graduate" all the 5th and 6th year Niggers who kept failing.

Holy shit. that explains why our company has so many blacks who can't even use basic English or grammar in their communications to customers. What is the point of a "feel good" college degree if they are completely meaningless?
>>
>>9393951

- Fire fighters and police don't need to pass a physical requirement to save lives cause it's sexist

- Doctors don't need to pass rigorous education & training that eliminates 3/4 of the candidates because it's "unfair" to all the uneducated shits who think they're entitled to be doctors.

lol

'Merican society is falling apart and it's fucking great entertainment
>>
>>9385731
how healthy a burger is depends entirely on what ingredients you use, but grease and salt tend to be indicators of unhealthiness (or at least low quality ingredients) as they can mask otherwise blatantly shit ingredients
>>
>>9393957
>What is the point of a "feel good" college degree if they are completely meaningless?
dumping all the dumbfucks who are taking up space with their "need-based" scholarships and letting in some fresh, actually intelligent blood
>>
>>9388578
>worst cuts
>heart tissue

Choose only one, you fucking pleb.
>>
>>9393872
>fail to fund education so you can continue to give the top 10% massive tax breaks
>american public education predictably goes to shit
>what can we blame to satisfy the outrage of the public and distract them from the reality?
>i've got it! Everybodies favorite scapegoat, muh niggers, that whopping 13% of the population!

Wew, it worked. Time to cut the education budget some more to compensate for this round of tax breaks for the rich!
>>
only dum dums think iceberg has no flavor
>>
>>9394390
>IT WAS HER TURN :(
>>
>>9394009
>dumping all the dumbfucks who are taking up space with their "need-based" scholarships and letting in some fresh, actually intelligent blood

Yeah, but admitting students based on merit is "racist" in 2017 'Merica
>>
>>9393957
>Holy shit. that explains why our company has so many blacks who can't even use basic English or grammar in their communications to customers.

"Diversity Quota" hiring is a mistake. And blatantly racist.

> What is the point of a "feel good" college degree if they are completely meaningless?

So that blacks can work and not have to rely on society or welfare?
>>
>>9394390
t. Nigger
>>
>>9394409
Education funding is determined at the state level. Of course you wouldn't know that - you're a /pol/tard without enough knowledge to pass a 100 question naturalized citizen test.

Fwiw, I didn't vote for shillary since the electoral college eliminates my presidential vote. I voted for a third party candidate hoping they would get enough votes to receive fed funding next go around.
>>
>>9385897
>exception that proves the rule
>>
>>9394651
So now you come to the cooking board of a website made for fans of Japanese cartoons to bitch at people about your political beliefs. No one cares you fucking hipster, so cry about it on Reddit about how Bernie isn't president. If you want to talk about food or cooking, then stay.
>>
>>9385731

Everything there is bad for you besides the vegetables, and the only vegetables on it are 1/16 of a tomato (technically a fruit, shut up) and half a leaf of iceberg lettuce, which hardly counts as a vegetable nutritionally.
>>
>>9393742
you know we convert everything into glucose ourselves, right? and don't need sugar added to anything?
>>
>>9393872
it's been 14 years since i was in high school and even in ultrawhiteyland there were still shit kids getting shit grades. it was even worse in the next town over where all the white trash lived. it was more about money.
>>
File: 1467209031044.png (614KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1467209031044.png
614KB, 853x480px
>>9385832
>american thinks their cheddar is actually cheddar instead of some plastic abomination artificially processed cheeselike imitation
>>
>>9394775
Yes, because every single form of cheese on this fucking continent is from Kraft, according to you. There are numerous other sellers of cheese in the US and a good amount of them make that shit just as fresh as any other 1st world country does. Fuck off.
>>
>>9394809
Why even reply to European posters. Usually people ignore their pointless musings.
>do americans really...
>>
>>9394827
Because I see them in every thread, smearing their shit everywhere and crying about Americans' food culture and food industry because they're jealous that their country isn't the world power.
>>
>>9391432

Only trans fat is bad. Unsaturated fat is healthy. Saturated fat is... well it's not bad per se, but you shouldn't eat it too excess.
>>
>>9394809
>>9394854
In his defense, the ones who are most loud and obnoxious about MURRICA tend to be flyovers, and flyovers don't know what cheese is (they have a thing they call "cheese" but it isn't)

Meanwhile normal people on the coasts enjoy good cheese and don't get into fights about it because for us, it's just a normal thing

It's kind of like how everyone thinks gays are lispy and limp wristed, because the ones who aren't, you don't even notice they're different so you assume they're straight. Plastic WIDF ''cheese''' eating flyovers are basically the flamers of the US cheese culture
>>
>whole wheat burger bun contains plenty of long lasting carbohydrates and fiber
>red meat contains plenty of protein, minerals, vitamins and fat (there is nothing wrong with fat)
>salad, pickles, tomatoes, onions provide vitamins and fiber
>mayo and cheese contains calcium and fat

There is nothing wrong with eating fat, sugar is what you should avoid.
>>
>>9394889

Hence, our burger joints need more beverage options without tons of sugar.
>>
>>9394878
I would have thought that flyovers would know about cheese though, since they're all rural. Wouldn't they make their own cheese or something? I don't know, I wouldn't be caught dead in a flyover state.
>>
>>9394698
>30 circlejerk /pol/tard posts preceding the post that offends me
>omfg, there's 1 post by an sjw, antifa, commie, libtard cuck refuting them!
>stay on topic

Go back to your safespace, /pol/tard.
>>
eating them regularly or daily is what makes them junk food.
Eating them now and then is perfectly fine
>>
>>9394910
the thing about rural in the US is that there are a lot of dead zones with poor white trash living on family land that don't produce anything. that's what a lot of rural is.

even then, some of it is livestock and byproduct production and some of it is crop production.

here's a map of dairy cows in the US. this is where your good rural cheese is. but for some poor rural people, it's gonna be kraft singles from wal-mart when they make the 60 mile drive into town.
>>
>>9395037
>>9395058
There's also the fact that while WW2 didn't cause physical damage directly; between it and the depression we have a lasting culture of using foods that were originally meant as rations.

The older generation(s) are highly resistant to change, and are used to trash food. Education, and not forcefully, is the key to people eating healthier and more diverse diets. It will take a lot of time.
>>
>>9385731
None
>>
>>9395058
sure it's not all equal but i posted it to illustrate the point that just because an area is rural or "flyover," it's not necessarily an area that produces a commodity like milk or cheese.

here's a map of goats: a little different, fills in some of those blank areas. great grazers in places cattle can't cut it. but your rural white trash still isn't making cheese.

>>9395084
i definitely agree with this. it's why i don't mind weird surges in hipster/meme food or whatever people wanna call it, it's helping push that kind of heavily processed food out of style.
>>
File: goats%20map[1].png (481KB, 974x739px) Image search: [Google]
goats%20map[1].png
481KB, 974x739px
>>9395117
i'm so bad at attaching images today
>>
>>9394889

>>red meat contains plenty of protein, minerals, vitamins and fat (there is nothing wrong with fat)

Fat is a broad term. The fat in red meat is not a healthy kind of fat.
>>
>>9386234
simple, people are retards eating 3 eggs on bread with olive oil and letuce is just as stupid as shoving a cheeseburger in your face
>>
>>9385731 It's full of carbs and fat
White bread
Ketchup
Mayo
Cheese
>>
>>9386250
>>9396176

Wow

You don't even recognize mozzarella when you see it.

That is clearly not "just white bread"

It's Ciabatta or some shit... probably with some olive oil on it.

Bit of that balsamic and that is yum as fuck.

Like a Caprese salad with avo on toasted Ciabatta...

Fucken win.
>>
educate yourself you plebs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0ffswUVoxA
>>
>>9385832
this bait is so shameless
>>
>>9393878
>But I don't see anything "racist" about it as long as the standards are enforced equally. If you don't pass your classes then you don't graduate. Simple as that. Same rule applies to every student regardless of race.
"But the curriculum is designed in a way that systemically disadvantages PoC"
>>
just the cheese and extra sodium, stuff veggies like avacado
>>
>>9385864
>ground beef doesnt have any fat

Really gets my noggin joggin
>>
>>9391302
>>9396754
and what's your ideal burger?

>>9386273
>"I'm American"
>lololol i see that ur a filipino because you like something they like xddd
>>
>>9397009
You sound upset
>>
>>9391080
You don't use cooking oil for burgers you autist, even if you're going to a fast food place or greasy spoon diner.
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.