[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats with the price of gummy worms?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: gummyworms.jpg (21KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
gummyworms.jpg
21KB, 250x248px
Anyone else notice this?
I love gummy worms. I love them way more than gummy bears but this summer I keep noticing gummy worms keep getting their price hiked way the fuck up.

A big 5 pound bag of black forest gummy worms at my local store was 8-9 dollars during the spring and now they are 12+. On amazon, you could order them for 10-11 and now they are 17$+.

Is there some weird gummy worm conspiracy going on. Gummie bears remain cheap as fuck, which is weird because as far as I know, the only difference between making gummy bears and gummy worms is the mold being used. Is it something simple like, gummie worms are more popular so they get priced hiked because business knows they will sell regardless of price, or is there some kind of world wide food shortage involved in one or more of the ingredients put into gummy worms?
>>
File: Beja man - Sudan.jpg (417KB, 999x925px) Image search: [Google]
Beja man - Sudan.jpg
417KB, 999x925px
>>9381442
nigga just kiss me already
>>
>>9381442
>Is it something simple like, gummie worms are more popular so they get priced hiked because business knows they will sell regardless of price

Yeah, it's simple but you have it backwards. Bears outsell worms by a large margin so there is more competition there. Worms aren't any more costly to produce than bears are, but they're more of a niche product.
>>
>>9381442
Houston is a major gummy worm distribution center. The hurricane has impacted their ability to get to you.
>>
>>9381442
The worms that pose for the molds went on strike.
>>
>>9381449
what kind of filthy subhuman would prefer worms to bears?
>>
>>9381527
I prefer the shape of the worms, but I find that good tasting brands (i.e. Haribo) are hard to find in my area so I just buy the bears instead.
>>
File: 1475378734818.jpg (45KB, 718x519px) Image search: [Google]
1475378734818.jpg
45KB, 718x519px
>>9381442
>He prefers worms to bears
>>
My nearest sweets shop sells various gummi things, worms included, $8 per 5lb bag or $2.49/lb for mix-and-match. The brand is Albanese which, IMO, makes the very best of gummi things.

I have no idea how they have them so cheap, but ask no questions and I'll be told no lies.

Where do you live, OP, where the price of worms v bears is higher rather than the same?
>>
>>9381835
I see the albanese bears around. I like chewy bears like haribo. What's the texture like?
>>
>>9381838
The worms are chewier than the bears. The bears, though still chewy, are a bit softer. Softer still are the butterflies and chewiest of all are the grapefruit slices (my fav). I can't compare them to Haribo since I haven't had it in years and years, so sorry if I can't help with a description of Albanese relative to them.
I've never seen Albanese sold anywhere else in my area except this one store and I've never seen the peg-board bags I see online when searching Albanese candies on Google.
>>
>>9381442
>>9381527
>>9381648
Sour gummy worms are the best
>>
>>9381442

>gummie is made from bones
>prices going up
>bone supply dwindling

clearly WW3 must occur to bring the bone supply up to make more gelatin so more gummie can be produced.. my hunger demands it.
>>
File: C42kQ6r_d.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
C42kQ6r_d.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>9381442
>dis niggah paying for HFCS poisoning
>mfw us cucks never tasted sweets made from actual sugar in their life
>>
as long as the price of gummy cola stays stable then i am content
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.