[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Burger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_6171.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6171.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Im in NYC for 4 days and want a good burger. Where should I go?
>>
>>9377600
You're about five years too late, Keith McNalley and April Bloomfield both announced that they're done with burgers

Get a chopped cheese at White Gold instead, it's the latest "poor pleb food (((elevated))) for out of touch 1%ers" memefood around these parts
>>
>>9377600
Honestly I'd say just a diner or bar most of the hyped up popular spots are just memes. Whereabouts in NYC
>>
>>9377600
in-n-out burger. they are all over in nyc
>>
>>9377688
It's pretty safe to assume Manhattan between battery park and 59th street

Nobody coming here is staying in Forest Hills, anon.
>>9377690
Regional fast food shitposting bait. It's all the same shit, "I'm used to it" doesn't make it good.
>>
>>9377600
go to a grocery store and buy some ground beef, some salt, a bun, some lettuce, tomato, mustard and mayo.

make patties, fry them in a skillet, place between the bun with the condiments arranged however you like and then kill yourself
>>
File: 1416137363366.png (48KB, 400x389px) Image search: [Google]
1416137363366.png
48KB, 400x389px
>>9377710
>mustard
>>
>>9377702
That area doesn't really narrow things down much and OP could be staying in Brooklyn or on the UWS or UES.
>>
>>9377600
Black Iron Burger in Midtown is the best in the city.
>>
>>9377760
>specifying an area representing 2% of the land mass of the 5 boroughs doesn't really narrow things down much
Just what level of specificity would be enough, then?

>and OP could be staying in Brooklyn or on the UWS or UES.
Ok, maybe an airbnb in Williamsburg, Dumbo, and maybe Park Slope or Red Hook. UWS possibly but less likely.

Remember kids, when people say "Manhattan" and "Brooklyn" they do not mean Marble Hill and they do not mean Howard Beach.
>>
>>9377600
Idk about burgers but if you want an Asian buffet go to IchiUmi at 6 East 32nd Street. Ignore the health inspection sign, last time I went they had a C rating and I didn't die.
>>
>>9377760
Why would he be staying in the UWS or UES? And if he's staying in Brooklyn he probably would have said as much.
>>
>>9377786
>>all that mayo
Add a nice leaf to it, otherwise it looks fine.
>>
>>9377822
it's fancy house made meme mayo. Could use some lettuce/spinach desu though.
>>
There's this place in Maspeth, Queens called Good Eats, pretty good shit there.
>>
>>9377787
I was thinking like a neighborhood level of specificity since the lower third of Manhattan is still pretty big and certainly doesn't constrain choices of burger places that much
>>
>>9377800
Maybe he's visiting family or friends or some shit I don't know
>>
>>9377786
if that bull crap is the best then I'd hate to see what the worst is like
>>
Speaking of UES JG Mellon is known for their burgers, they're pretty good but suffer from overhype
>>
>>9377607
CHA CHEESE

don't go to white gold for chop cheese that's some bullshit

send this nigga to spanish harlem
>>
>>9378182
Haven't spent much time in Spanish Harlem. Can you recommend a spot over there with a good selection of biodynamic wines? Would prefer to drink it out of a brown paper bag for authenticity but a dixie cup would be fine too.
>>
Op here. I have wifi again. I'm in midtown but willing to eat anywhere south of Central Park I suppose. Thanks for the recs I'll defo try a chopped cheese
>>
>>9378299
You're not going to find chopped cheese south of central park
>>
>>9378319
Facts
>>
>>9377600
>manhattan resident
all my friends say bareburger but i havent been

>shake shack (original location) @ madison sq park (23 and broadway)

is my favorite
>>
>>9377600
if you want a meme burger go to shake shack in Madison Park

otherwise go to smashburger

this is assuming you're staying in the city, but if you can make it to Brooklyn (specifically Bay Ridge) go to Burger Fi or Burger Bistro
>>
>>9378299
Bareburger my man
>>
>>9378504
>bareburger
It's okay but it's far from the best. They have an interesting selection tho, I don't know where else in NY can get a bison burger
>>
>>9378577
A lot of diners have bison burgers or they used to
>>
Five Napkin
Spotted Pig
Corner Bistro
Burger and Lobster
Jackson Hole (big portions for a good price, but nothing special)

>>9377607
Spotted Pig is still run by Bloomfield, so not all hope is lost
>>
>>9377600
McDonald's in Union Square, get a vanilla milkshake as well.
>>
>>9378504
Bareburger is medicore and overpriced. Shake Shack is a much better point at that price range.
>>
>>9377702
>>9377800
Airbnb have changed the game with this shit mate, if it's a accessible to the subway and the price is right, almost anywhere is fair game. Though since OP took a pic of Manhattan and almost everyone from out of NYC means Manhattan when they say NYC he almost certainly is in Manhattan
>>
I've heard Boilmaker in the East Village has some breddy great burgers at a solid price
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.