[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, thought You guys could have a little bit of advice with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: black-tea-cup-e1359634422907.jpg (87KB, 700x701px) Image search: [Google]
black-tea-cup-e1359634422907.jpg
87KB, 700x701px
Hey, thought You guys could have a little bit of advice with this one: How to make really strong black tea?
>>
>>9377045
The tea to water ratio you fuck
>>
who fucking cares? That's right up there with 'how do you deal with that hangnail on your big toe'.
>>
>>9377045
Bring pot of water to boil. Add 4 teabags if using iced tea bags or use 8 if using normal tea bags. Wrap strings around pot handle. Add a tiny pinch of baking soda, like the smallest amount you can get between two fingers. Cover, reduce to a simmer, and let the tea steep for 20 minutes. Pour hot tea into a jug, then pour cold water over the bags in the pot, and dump that into the pitcher. Repeat ubtil pitcher is full. Add sugar to taste, allow to cool or just serve it hot if you're a savage.
>>
>>9377047
lol i just did like 50/50 and its like kinda ok.
>>
>>9377057
Ill give that a try
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (91KB, 1000x967px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
91KB, 1000x967px
The strongest tea is the Turkish tea, they simmer their tea in a double boiler for 10-15 minutes

Egyptians boil tea directly for 5 minutes, but that brew is so bitter it is always paired with sweets

Russians brew a tea concentrate (zavarka) in an elaborate contraption called a samovar, but the concentrate is meant to be diluted

Russian prison inmates take zavrka a step further by boiling several tablespoons of tea per cup and letting it infuse overnight, but this is a brew so concentrated that it can induce vomiting. They do it for the caffeine high.
>>
>>9377216
I once had a tea infused overnight, didnt work out, the water got cold and the tea was just regular. Ill search more on these different topics, thanks!
>>
>>9377237
That sounds like cold brew, which is different from the prison tea.
Again, prison tea is a shitload of tea (on the order of dozens of servings per person) that is boiled and then steeped.
>>
>>9377237
Be careful with people who say to use more tea bags. That's how you get skeletal fluorosis .

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMicm1200995
>>
File: cay_sarayburnu1.jpg (87KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
cay_sarayburnu1.jpg
87KB, 1000x667px
>>9377268
I cannot stress enough that the prison tea is a brew for Russian prisoners desperate for any kind of high, I would never suggest OP actually attempt to make it.

I am listing it merely for completion's sake.

Try the Turkish tea, it's nice.
>>
>>9377268
>150 teabags/day for 17 years

I don't think anyone's at risk of getting skeletal flurosis for sticking two bags in a cup instead of one.
>>
Iranian Ceylon tea is worth looking into
>>
>>9377313
Ceylon is produced in Sri Lanka; Ceylon is an old name for the nation.

Iran makes their tea in a samovar like the Russians.
>>
>>9377057
American here so forgive my tea ignorance....why the baking soda?
>>
>>9377296
Yeah if anything the only risk is kidney stones...but just don't squeeze the tea bag and you should be fine if you're decently hydrated
>>
>>9377386
It's an American thing to begin with.
Simmering tea for 20 minutes will extract more tannins than tea, the baking soda is supposed to help cut the bitterness of the tannins.
>>
>>9377394
Ah I see...never really had a problem with that but I drink mostly good quality green tea anyway
>>
>>9377394
Agreed, bring to boil but turn the stove off and steep it for 5 minutes. If you bought good black tea, you'll get good black tea. If you bought Lipton...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.