[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Olive Oil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: z-Olive-Oil.jpg (997KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
z-Olive-Oil.jpg
997KB, 2560x1600px
Alright so I've decided to try and eat healthy so I want to start cooking for myself.
I've been researching for a while now and a lot of articles I've been seeing have said that olive oil is actually bad to cook stuff with.
From what I gathered the consensus is that it's ok with cold things but bad for you if you saute stuff in it and get it to a high temperature.
I was just wondering, maybe if a few of you more experienced friends could help me out on whether this is true and if it is maybe some better alternatives.
Any help would be appreciated.
>>
I know that a lot of you are just going to say look it up, but it's one of those things where you can find 20 of each article saying its good or bad and i just want a real answer from a real person.
>>
>>9375351
Olive oil is so good you can even deep fry with EVOO. You shouldn't, but you could.
>>
Olive oil is fine for cooking most things, it's just RIPPING hot pans set to high heat that you want to avoid with it because the smoke point is lower than most oils.

Sauteing works fine, Roasting things in the oven works fine. Unless you're maxing out your gas you shouldn't have a problem with it.
>>
>>9375351
The smoke point of olive oil is somewhat mid-low, so the fata in it will burn away at high enough heats. You COULD fry with it a few times but, the flavor and health benefits will be reduced.
>>
Thank you for the advice!
I wasn't really thinking of frying anything, but the fact of knowing that still using it in saute and other things for cooking is a relief.
Many of the sights recommended sunflower oil as an alternative but that just seemed to be to far fetched to get a generous supply of.
Good to know I can still use the best oil.
>>
>>9375351
Olive oil is not good. It's only less harmful than other extracted fats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbtwwZP4Yfs

https://nutritionfacts.org/?fwp_search=olive+oil&fwp_content_type=video

I have no ethical opposition to oil. It's just counterproductive to deliberately remove all the nutrients from something and eat it. Olive oil is best used for making soap.
>>
Listen to >>9375509 OP, if you must use a oil to cook with then read this:
https://www.centurylife.org/whats-the-healthiest-cooking-oil/
The best option is avocado oil which has the highest ratio of mono-unsaturated fat to saturated & poly-unsaturated types, a high smoke point, and a neutral flavor profile. It's kinda pricey though if you don't order it online. The runner-up budget option is actually canola.
>>
>>9375538
>sponsored by the canola oil industry
>>
>>9375509
Fat is an essential nutrient, dingus.
>>
>>9375708
Doesn't canola oil have an unlabeled trace amount of trans fats?
>>
>>9375725
Yes, but not extracted fat. You can eat tasty ingredients with fat in them instead of flavorless oil.
>>
Quality of olive oil matters. Pleb tier supermarket olive oil probably isn't ok for cooking.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.