[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why? Why would people eat pigeons? The rats of the sky? I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: Pigeon_Chicks2_2am.jpg (26KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
Pigeon_Chicks2_2am.jpg
26KB, 250x333px
Why?
Why would people eat pigeons?
The rats of the sky?
I don't care if you call it a Squab, it's a fucking pigeon
>>
uma delicia
>>
Because they are plentiful and free?
>>
>>9375108
There is a very good fucking reason they're plentiful and free, and you can bet it's not because they're nutritious or delicious.
>>
File: 10791.jpg (542KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
10791.jpg
542KB, 1024x681px
>>9375092
but pig is fine...
>>
>>9375122
They were brought to America as food, though.
>>
I had slow-roasted pidgeon once I got from a local breeder.
The little fat it had was quite nicely flavoured, kinda like quail fat.
As long as you can be sure the animal was raised cleanly, without any diseases or parasites it's fine and I'd eat it.

>>9375122
Have you ever had it? It doesn't taste exceptionally delicious. But it's still good meat. It's just not worth raising them as a large-scale foodstock since they need to fly and don't have much meat on them anyways, so I guess that fell out of style.
>>
>>9375092
Aren't pigeons just doves?

Doves are delicious and there's a hunting season for them here.
>>
I love pigeon but I get them from the country, not city pigeons.
I don't know how much "eating trash" would affect the meat anyway, though. I mean, lobster is pretty good.
>>
>>9375092
You've gotta kill the flying fucking vermin, and once you've spent all that effort you may as well do something with the bodies.
They're a delicacy in some countries, and you can't fucking complain because america has 'roadkill cuisine'.

>>9375108
Also this.
>>
>>9376125
>Aren't pigeons just doves?
Jup, and most other languages only know doves. There's nothing wrong with the birds. Very tasty.

Crabs and Lobster are considered delicacies, while those are much worse scavengers than pigeons. And from the plantworld we even gladly eat fungi, of which the truffle is considered a superior delicacy even. Yet when some idiots see a bird eat a stale fry they suddenly cry haram.
>>
File: squabmain_0.jpg (38KB, 675x360px) Image search: [Google]
squabmain_0.jpg
38KB, 675x360px
>>9375092
Obviously you woudn't eat wild pigeons, most edible pigeons are farmed.
>>
>>9375566
Fuck you, pigs are far cleaner than cattle or dogs. The mud actually keeps them clean.
>>
>>9375566
>pig is fine
American detected
>>
>>9375122
it's because humans mass bred them for food and then when people stopped wanting them for food they released their stock into the wild

fastfoward sixty years and pigeons are "plentiful and free" and retard millennials don't understand they are in fact like feral cattle not like wild birds
>>
>>9378112
>what is sarcasm
autist detected
>>
File: eurabia[1].png (36KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
eurabia[1].png
36KB, 640x427px
>>9378238
>old joke
Hey Reddit immigrant autist.
>>
File: 1396739288934.gif (512KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1396739288934.gif
512KB, 480x270px
>>9378283
>joke
Wrong again, it wasn't a joke.
>>
>>9375092
Pigeons only lay 2 eggs per ... batch. No more, no less. Always exactly 2 chicks per litter. The more you know.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.