[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here made noodles with a meat grinder yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: NoodlesComingOut-1024x788.jpg (93KB, 1024x788px) Image search: [Google]
NoodlesComingOut-1024x788.jpg
93KB, 1024x788px
Anyone here made noodles with a meat grinder yet?
>>
>>9368996
i make meat noodles with mine
>>
>>9369152
thats called ground meat
>>
I can't imagine that working too well.
>>
>>9368996
I tried it once. It doesn't work very well because the meat grinder's "worm" (the screw-shaped part) isn't the right shape to work with thick doughs like you would use for noodles.

You'd be much better off getting the pasta extruder attachment or better yet an actual stand-alone pasta maker. Plus if you're going through the effort of making your own dough you might as well get something with a bronze die on it so you can get the best texture on the outside of the noodle.
>>
>>9369163
Thanks Anon that makes sense.
Just got a new meat grinder and was reading up on pasta recipes and came across this article.
http://www.thegastrognome.com/2012/03/06/how-to-make-noodles-in-a-meat-grinder/
>>
File: shopping-8.jpg (7KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
shopping-8.jpg
7KB, 220x220px
>>9369163
This. I tried it once with a typical 100g flour/1 egg pasta and my kitchen aid couldn't push it through. A friend of mine got one of these and it works great. Problem is they cost @$350.00. There are cheaper versions but they're still over $100.00 and they'd probably breakdown in a short time like most cheapass garbage in the US. I'll just stick to making tagliatelle or angel hair with my Marcato hand crank.
>>
>>9369198
That seems like it would make a wetter dough than my typical 100g/1 egg dough so that might work. I'll give that a try next time I make pasta, thx.
>>
>>9369283
>I'll just stick to making tagliatelle or angel hair with my Marcato hand crank.
you better be playing this music while turning the crank https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV4e9ySdwCM
>>
>>9369283
It looks the business!
Marcato you say!
I'm learning allot today.
Thanks!
>>
>>9369346
Kek
>>
>>9369157
but i use minced pasta in the sauce
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.