[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some Brazilian recipes that are not fish/bean stew?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: Brazil-Flag.png (31KB, 526x524px) Image search: [Google]
Brazil-Flag.png
31KB, 526x524px
What are some Brazilian recipes that are not fish/bean stew?
>>
>>9368629
Shitty bait thread is shitty.
>>
>>9368777
It makes me incredibly sad when I think this people are in control of one of the largest virgin forest territory in the world.
>>
>>9368828
lol yeah those humans utilizing the earths natural resources, so cringy
>>
File: acaraje-baiano.jpg (107KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
acaraje-baiano.jpg
107KB, 1000x667px
Acarajé, from northeasthern Brazil:
>a ball of bean flour dough, deep-fried in palm oil
>after it's fried, cut it in half
>stuff with dried shrimp, vinagrete (our word for pico de gallo), caruru (a thicc okra stew) and vatapá (a paste usually made from seafood and vegetables, but pretty much anything can go into it)
>season that shit with some chili oil
>god-tier snack (nevermind it's the size of a burger)

Barreado, from southern Brazil:
>any kind of lean beef, onions, garlic, black pepper, laurel, cumin and bacon
>slow cook that shit until the meat is all falling off
>mix with cassava flour and serve with white rice and sliced bananas
>comfy winter food (it can get really cold here in the south)

I gotta run right now, but I can give you some more later.
>>
>>9368842
this
actually EATING AN ANIMAL, the fucking barbarians
>>
>>9368629
Cattleman's Beans are my all-time favorite but, y'know, beans.
So, actually on-topic now: Empadão. Particularly, Empadão Goiano. It's a chicken pot pie.
>>
>>9369040
I don't see a pot. Looks like the pastry covers the entire thing.

Do you not know the difference between a pie and a "pot pie"?
>>
>>9369044
In fact, I do not. I looked up a translation and that was pretty much the only result.
>>
File: Pastel-PD-1-of-1-1080x675.jpg (121KB, 1080x675px) Image search: [Google]
Pastel-PD-1-of-1-1080x675.jpg
121KB, 1080x675px
Pastel is pretty good.
>>
>>9368629
can't really make good acai bowls without a quality source of acai, those frozen packs are shit. If you find a acai bowl shop run by brazilians tough, try it out, pretty damn good.
>>
>>9369064
Is "pastel" just Brazilian for "empanada", or is there a difference?
>>
>>9368777
uma
>>
>>9369451
It looks similar, but it's a different kind of dough. Pastel has a finer and crunchier dough which is deep fried. If you prepare it properly, it won't be oily, but tasty af.

There are tons of Brazilian recipes that I never found in Europe. If anyone wants, I can try to list them.
>>
>>9369823
Thanks!
>>
File: chrome_2017-09-01_20-50-51.png (386KB, 454x280px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-09-01_20-50-51.png
386KB, 454x280px
uma delicia
>>
Are you interested in everyday food?
>rice and beans
For example acarajé is very brazilian but we almost never consume it. I ate only one acarajé is 25 years of life.

Are you interested in desserts?
>brigadeiro
>cocada
Can you get condensed milk where you live? It is a staple in brazil and almost every dessert we have has condensed milk as ingredient.

Do you like pork?
>feijoada
Very, very good and simple to prepare as long as you can get black beans. Churrasco was traditional before the crysis. Literally we had at least one churrasco to attend every weekend. Now the meat expensive and I don't even remember last time I had this overrated food.

Beverages?
>coffee
>toasted mate
First, contrary to what they say in coffee threads, theres nothing wrong with brazilian coffee.
Can you get toasted yerba mate? I hate green yerba mate (the one you use for terere or chimarrão) but I love toasted yerba mate. Goes very well with biscuits/scoones/shortbread.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.