[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So hi /ck/ I've just started trying for the first time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

So hi /ck/

I've just started trying for the first time in my underachieving, lame life to better myself and begin improving - my health being part of that.
(If this question is better suited for /fit/ though please let me know and I'll head over there instead)

I'm not an expert on health or weight loss but an obvious first step was eliminating soft drinks, juices, and beer and making the switch to no-calorie alternatives. Water, tea, and coffee are obvious but I'm a bit naive and confused when it comes to other Zer-Calorie drinks.
I've been hitting Vitamin Water Zero for a while now and even though I like it, I've heard and read that even though it has 0cals it actually DOES cause you to gain weight (especially in the stomach area) because of something about the artificial sweeteners.....

Is this true? Redpill me on Vitamin Water Zero, please guys. Am I fine drinking this stuff, or is it just as bad as pepsi/coke/SunnyD and I'm gonna keep packing on the atrifically-sweetened pounds if I carry on drinking it?

Help, and thanks my dudes.
>>
>>9365186
I've only read that drinking diet drinks correlates with gaining weight later in life, but I have yet to see anything that says the drinks themselves cause people to gain weight. The drinks themselves aren't going to cause you to gain weight but you should probably stop drinking them anyway to reduce your dependence on sweet things.
>>
>>9365242

Cheers.
Most of what I read is along the lines of "science indicates that artificial sweeteners still effect blood sugar levels and that causes you to gain weight anyway" or "studies show that splenda and other non-sugar sweeteners make your cells more likely to expand and store more fat even through there's no calories"

But I'm pretty uninformed on all this kind of stuff so I don't know whether to take it at face value or if it is all pseudoscience BS that gets white middleaged soccer moms into a panic.

But if this stuff is just a bad idea in general, what would be a good substitute? I love coffee and tea but what about anything with a hit of fruity flavour? I fucking love orange flavoured stuff and orange juices but I don't know if there's a natural zero-calorie orange juice out there.
>>
It's bad for you. Drink tea, coffee or water.
>>
>>9365186
how 2 b health

drink water

eat more vegetables

don't buy factory farmed walmart meat

avoid fast food, processed food, instant food, chain restaurants etc

do that and you are better off than most
>>
>>9365186
why don't you just take a bottle of water and add the juice of one fresh orange to it? that'd be much better if you just want a low calorie drink with some flavor
>>
>>9365428
>eat more vegetables
>tfw I don't even eat enough to get my 5 a day

How the fuck do people do it? I incorporate veggies/fruit into all my meals but I'm probably around 2 servings short each day still.
>>
>>9365752
you gotta snack on some carrots or something brah
>>
>>9365447
this, infused water is goat
>>
Stick to plain old water, fatty. Unsweetened tea and coffee are acceptable as well. Milk is good too so don't listen to the moralfags
>>
>>>/fit/

Read the sticky over there. Has all the answers you need, desu.
>>
>>9365752
eat less bread and pasta, replace with vegetable
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.