[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what would possess someone to boil and drink an animal's shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: civet coffee.jpg (156KB, 862x576px) Image search: [Google]
civet coffee.jpg
156KB, 862x576px
what would possess someone to boil and drink an animal's shit?
>>
>>9362180
why not? boiling and processing it removes any bacteria and harmful agents, and I've never tried it so I can't say I don't like the taste of cat shit.

life's too short to give a fuck anyway, so enjoy it.
>>
Hunger.
>>
>>9362180
furries
>>
>>9362180
those poor animals, passing this must hurt like hell
>>
religion or poverty
>>
/ck/ is my favorite board.
>>
Producers of the coffee beans argue that the process may improve coffee through two mechanisms, selection and digestion. Selection occurs if the civets choose to eat cherries. Digestive mechanisms may improve the flavor profile of the coffee beans that have been eaten. The civet eats the cherries for the fleshy pulp, then in the digestive tract, fermentation occurs. >The civet's protease enzymes seep into the beans, making shorter peptides and more free amino acids.[2] Passing through a civet's intestines the cherries are then defecated with other fecal matter and collected.
>>
>>9362180
I've been wondering this for over a decade now. That's fucking disgusting, I love coffee but there's no way I'd willingly drink this literal shit.
>>
>>9362316
That's not an answer. The practice wasn't born out of that knowledge. That knowledge came after the practice was already present, leading to scrutiny. What possessed someone to initially do this.
>>
>>9362332
>massah been mean I'll put seed I found in shit in his personal reserve
>UMA DELICIA
>>
>>9362316
Now that we know this can't we make this stuff without passing it through a jungle weasel?
>>
"The origin of kopi luwak is closely connected with the history of coffee production in Indonesia. In the early 18th century the Dutch established the cash-crop coffee plantations in their colony in the Dutch East Indies islands of Java and Sumatra, including Arabica coffee introduced from Yemen. During the era of Cultuurstelsel (1830–70), the Dutch prohibited the native farmers and plantation workers from picking coffee fruits for their own use. Still, the native farmers wanted to have a taste of the famed coffee beverage. Soon, the natives learned that certain species of musang or luwak (Asian palm civet) consumed the coffee fruits, yet they left the coffee seeds undigested in their droppings. The natives collected these luwaks' coffee seed droppings, then cleaned, roasted and ground them to make their own coffee beverage.[9] The fame of aromatic civet coffee spread from locals to Dutch plantation owners and soon became their favourite, yet because of its rarity and unusual process, the civet coffee was expensive even during the colonial era"

wiki gibberish
>>
File: homemadebugzapper.jpg (58KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
homemadebugzapper.jpg
58KB, 640x480px
>>9362180
I am posting in your thread, so I should know the answer based on this experience, but apparently being drawn to shit does not automatically mean one knows why they are drawn to it.
>>
>>9362364
i rate it, had it at a plantation in bali, cost $5 a cup apparently it's close to $20 in a restaurant or hotel

really nice flavour that fades quickly doesn't hang around in your mouth long after

really smooth compared to most coffee, good taste not at all acidic, some people like their coffee acidic i guess but if you don't it's worth a try when you get the chance
>>
>people drink beverages that are 40% fungus piss

well I guess there is no accounting for taste
>>
>>9362180
those look delicious like homemade payday bars
>>
>>9362229
Just anal beads by another name.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.