[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is 'Chips and Salsa' considered an unhealthy snack?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: fresh salsa.jpg (91KB, 670x486px) Image search: [Google]
fresh salsa.jpg
91KB, 670x486px
>buy fresh salsa
>add Yucateco habanero hot sauce
>>
File: Rogue One Leaked Image.jpg (40KB, 616x462px) Image search: [Google]
Rogue One Leaked Image.jpg
40KB, 616x462px
>>9359895
>not making your own salsa
OP, despite his trials and tribulations, is still a faggot.
>>
>>9359901

>want to make own salsa
>have to spend $15 to make a gallon's worth of salsa that will spoil within a week and end up having more chips than dip

Cilantro, Lime, Serrano peppers, Jalapenos, salt, pepper, onions, garlic, honey, tomatillos, cumin/bouillin cube

>having to clean up the food processor
>>
>>9359895
of course you dumb fuck. tortillas chips don't even qualify as fucking food. corn is the most nutritionally devoid shit ever to grow out of gods green earth. and you take that and deep fry it and cover it salt. then dip it tomato and onion mush that has had an extra helping of salt dumped into it to prolong it's shelf life. what part of that would make you think it's even remotely close to being health food?
>>
>>9359895
The salsa itself is healthy. It's all vegetables, and tomatoes are good for you. The chips, though, need to watch the sodium and fat.
>>
>>9359910
Why not spend $7.5 to make half a gallons worth of salsa and then it won't go bad?
>>
>>9359911
>extra helping of salt dumped into it to prolong it's shelf life
We're talking about salsa, not shitty salsa.
>>
>>9359920
>thinks store bought salsa (even the one in the fancy plastic tub with a best before date) can be something other than "shitty salsa"

LEL
>>
>>9359925
I didn't say anything about store bought.
>>
>>9359895
>>9359930
yeah and i was originally replying to OP who said
>>buy fresh salsa

obviously not talking to you you fucking autist.
>>
>>9359940

what's the difference between buying fresh salsa and making salsa at home and not eating it until it's chilled from the fridge?

Still using fresh ingredients and the salsa is throw out from the store shelf before it goes bad.
>>
>>9359946
are you dumb? obviously, what goes in it. anything you buy in the store, even if it says "fresh" will always be fucking tinkered with to prolong shelf life. just make that shit on your own so you know what the fuck is actually in it. making salsa is trivial
>>
>>9359910
Fucking jar it, dipshit. Are you completely retarded?

Goddamn I can't even deal with these idiots posting threads.
>>
>>9359957

>Jar it
>put it in container
>still spoils within a week
>>
>>9359957
this guy is an idiot. he tries to rationalize buying 'fresh' salsa at the store so he doesn't have to go to the trouble of making it, and having it spoil in less than a week but then he flips his shit when it's suggested that additional preservatives (salt) are in the "fresh" store bought shit. How the fuck do you explain why it lasts longer than a fucking week you moron? You buy store bought shit, it's obviously not going to be as good as home made and OF COURSE it's going to have a shit tonne of salt in it to prolong it's shelf life. Stop denying the fucking obvious.
>>
File: 1458884459646.jpg (6KB, 350x300px) Image search: [Google]
1458884459646.jpg
6KB, 350x300px
>>9359965
>making more than you intend to consume
is there a problem with your brain?
>>
>>9359965
Some people enjoy FRESH salsa, instead of that salted to all fuck shit sold at stores. Moron. Infact fresh is the ONLY way to enjoy salsa. If you are buying store bought, you are just looking for something to gorge on (as you obviously don't give two shits about how it actually tastes). So may as well give up on the notion that your choice is somehow "healthy" because it contains tomatos and onions.
>>
>>9359973

you can't really make salsa with less than 3-5 tomatoes . It won't balance well with the other ingredients.
>>
>>9359952
What if there is a place near him that makes and sells actual salsa like in a deli or something? There is a mexican place down the road and I am 90% sure that if I went in there and asked if I could buy a bunch of fresh salsa they would sell it to me.
>>
>>9359992
Then it will still spoil as fast as fresh. And OP would have paid 10x in addition to gone out of his way for something that would have taken him less time and effort to make himself.
>>
>>9359996
Are you seriously saying that going into a place and buying salsa is more time and effort than going to a store, shopping for each individual ingredient and then going home and processing them all?
>>
>>9360012
salsa is made from fucking pantry staple ingredients you dumb nigger
>>
>>9360015
Are you seriously saying that you don't have to go to a store and shop for each individual ingredient to restock your pantry?

Considering how fast everything spoils for you that must mean you have to restock quite often.
>>
>>9360020
Are you seriously saying you don't go to the grocery store weekly or bi-weekly anways to stock up on (among other things) pantry staples? Holy fucking shit? How do you eat then, photosynthesis? You fucking moron.
>>
>>9359895
I replace the tortilla chips with chicharrones to reduce carbs. Drink a gallon and a half of water each day and you can eat all the salt you want.
>>
File: salsacanning2.jpg (50KB, 525x350px) Image search: [Google]
salsacanning2.jpg
50KB, 525x350px
>>9359910
Learn to can.
>>
>>9359978
Use 1 to 1.5 tomatoes and cut the other ingredients down by a third. Ratio is all that matters.
>>
>>9359895
Not necessarily, the chips are just corn, oil, salt, and carbs. The salsa is salty

With that said, whenever i go to costco i get the big bag of tortilla chips with the DEL REAL moca de something something salsa. Comes in a 2 pack, looks a little brown. Its a fantastic combo thats my go to snack
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.