[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can you get good mexican food in NYC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

can you get good mexican food in NYC?
>>
>>9355361
Chipotle
>>
That's like asking if you can find good New York style pizza in Texas. Of course you fucking can't.
>>
>>9355426
lol what? Of course you can find Mexican food in nyc. Mexican delis that serve food are pretty common for example.
>>
>>9355361
What's the topology of that knot
>>
>>9355361
NYC is probably the most diverse food city in the world, so yeah, you will probabaly be able to find decent Mexican food. But not as good as Southern CA
>>
>>9355885
S^1
>>
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mexican+neighborhoods+nyc
>>
>>9355361

Yeah, but why bother?

I'd definitely be getting come Cuban or Puerto Rican food in NYC.

>>9355426

Most of the guys working in kitchens in NYC are Mexican captain shit-eater. They have it just as good as anything in Cali.
>>
>>9356050

This.

One burrow in NYC is more ethnically diverse than any other single city in the world combined. It's a really, really weird place if you sort of look at it from a non-American perspective.
>>
"Good Mexican food"

Nice oxymoron, OP
>>
>>9355361
>can you get good mexican food in NYC?
Taco Bell... It taste like shit. So it should be pretty much the same!
>>
>muh southern California

The only difference in the US is where the family came from. I was in Idaho once and had the best mexican food I'd ever had. I didn't even bother to ask what region of Mexico they were from. We were a part of over 20 two hours before closing. Nobody else was there.

They gave use shitloads of tequila, the radio was blaring in the kitchen and they did all they could to show us a great time. I bet that place is the most popular Mexican place in the city now. If it's not, that's a fucking shame.
>>
Tapeworm cleverly disguised as a churro
>>
>>9356153
stop trolling, thats not very nice
>>
>>9355361
You couldn't 15 years ago, but you sure as fuck can now.

If you want high end you can go to Oliveira's Cosme. If you want bad TexMex there are a few margarita mill type places. And there are lots of spots selling Puebla style tacos and tortas - the best are in Brooklyn and Queens. You can get a variety of antojitos at street level in Mexican neighborhoods like Sunset Park. And if you want hipster Mexican Stupak has built a mini empire of places in the East Village.
>>
>>9355426
You you can, but why would anyone want to eat $1 slop on a pice of cardboard? Mexicans do everything.

Anyways, Texas is the food capital of the world.
>>
>>9355426
fuck you, Homeslice is great pizza
t. Austinite
>>
I've heard Queens has some good Mexican food. I live in Boston and it's pretty hard to come by here. There's a couple decent places in Chelsea or East Boston but it's mostly a wasteland.
>>
>>9355361
Honestly your best bet would probably be to just hit one of the trucks or carts that are around though the people running it often only have enough English to take your order.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.