[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there currently no kitchen appliances brand that produces

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: stupid_design.png (451KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
stupid_design.png
451KB, 960x540px
Is there currently no kitchen appliances brand that produces high end devices without fucking touch screens?

It is beyond my comprehension how someone could think it would be a good idea to use touch screens in a kitchen device. They are known to malfunction when wet and it is certainly slower and more annoying to navigate through a stupid menu instead of just turning a knob.

The only device I could find is pic related that at least has knobs in addition to the touch screen. But instead they have an automatic door that can only be opened slowly by the touch screen.
>>
>>9354108
I kinda dig the fridges that have the screen that gives you an inventory and helps you with a grocery list, but even that seems like a chore.
>>
you need to go commercial
>>
>>9354127
I guess I wouldn't mind a screen in a fridge, as long as you don't need a pin to unlock and open it.

I kinda dig the fridges with interior cameras, so that you can check at the store what you are still missing. It's a pretty silly feature, but I really know this feel when you're not sure if there are still eggs in the fridge and then you don't buy them and it turns out you were all out.
>>
>>9354108
>it is certainly slower and more annoying to navigate through a stupid menu instead of just turning a knob.

So much this. I hate my fucking stovetop so much. It slows down every everything, and you have to push some of the buttons so hard that the stove arches back a little bit. Just give me a fucking knob, holy shit.

Until they have enough truly useful features to actually a warrant more than a knob, please knock that shit off. Like my laundry appliances have settings to automatically add detergent and softener, and how much to add. That's useful. A numeric display going from 0 to 10, with decimal spots (a total of 50 settings for 1 burner) that I have to keep tapping an arrow to cycle through? Who the hell thought that was a step forward?
>>
>>9354141
price aside, wouldn't this be a problem with standardized measurements? Although I would kinda dig the look of an industrial kitchen I guess it'd look a bit stupid in a small living room.
>>
>>9354158
I heard that the newer stove tops work a bit better since they added some ripples to it and it feels more natural that way. But I think they still misfire badly, if you spill some liquid over it. I imagine this can become even dangerous if you leave the kitchen for a piss and your stove turn on max and the oil catches fire.
>>
File: invention_of_the_century.jpg (60KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
invention_of_the_century.jpg
60KB, 1920x1080px
>>9354188
NEFF reinvented the knob for touch screens and it's certainly more usable than a normal touch screen. The question kinda remains, why didn't they just add a real knobs to it? And as most people have a least two hands, more than one knob wouldn't be too insane I think.

vid is in german, but you should understand the concept:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bkvBRApv7A
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.