[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oil questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

So I'm thinking of buying a deep fat fryer.

Do you have to change the oil everytime you use it?

if not, how many times can you use the oil?

is the oil just left in the fryer?

when the oil is due to be disposed of do you just tip it down the sink?

what sort of oil do you recommend?
>>
you don't have to change the oil every time. when you change it depends on what you fry and how much you care about off-flavors and food safety. frying fish will make the oil taste fishy. you can leave the oil in the fryer, but you should cover it or place it in a cabinet. only pour the oil down the sink if you want to ruin your pipes. the type of oil depends on what you want to fry. you want oil with a high smoke point regardless.
>>
>>9353964
They're worth it. How often you change the oil really depends on what you're frying. If it's fish filets, I'll change oil after 2 or 3 uses. If I'm doing tendies and fries, 4-6 uses.
Totally worth it, though. Restaurant quality tendies and fries in just a couple minutes
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>9353989
>Restaurant quality tendies and fries in just a couple minutes

helpfull

thank you
>>
yeah, "tip it down the sink". let us know how that works out for you
>>
>>9354021
your mother sucks dick for cigarettes
>>
Mineral oil works best. Really crisps everything up.

Tipping down the sink is fine, but you could over lubricate your pipelines with it so probably best off heading to your nearest public river or lake and tipping it in that at a designated oil point (which internationally is recognized as the waterline nearest to a picnic table or bench).

You should change the oil every time you allow it to drop below 80 degrees centigrade as it will allow aenarobic bacteria to grow. Most hygienic thing to do is if you want to keep usig the same oil is to keep the fryer cranked up to maximum when you aren't using it.
>>
>>9353964
>Do you have to change the oil everytime you use it?
No.
>if not, how many times can you use the oil?
Depends on exactly what you cook. Some foods contaminate the oil more than others. But I get dozens of uses out of mine.
>is the oil just left in the fryer?
Yes.
>when the oil is due to be disposed of do you just tip it down the sink?
No. That clogs pipes. Pour it into an empty jug or other container, then throw it in the trash.
>what sort of oil do you recommend?
Peanut. It has neutral taste and very high thermal stability so you can use it many times before it goes bad.
>>
>>9354005
more please
>>
>>9354133
yea mineral oil is a good choice. I would also recomend looking into xylene and acetone, really tasty stuff
>>
>>9354133
Seconding mineral oil, it's not only healthier but also has a really high smoke point. You can run it at full power without setting off the smoke alarm, which means you get super crispy fries and tendies.

In order to test when the fryer is ready, throw a few cubes of ice in it and see how quickly they melt. If they sit around in the oil for more than 4 seconds it's not hot enough.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.