[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7808.jpg (43KB, 480x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7808.jpg
43KB, 480x400px
I need to grill chicken, burgers, corn, and hot dogs for my gf's dad's fantasy football league thing tomorrow, and I havent had too much experience behind the grill. Any tips or hints or adivce you could give would be greatly appreciated
>>
>>9351880

Don't burn the food. Gas or charcoal grill?
>>
>>9351880
I have no advice other than to announce that you're fucked.
>>
>>9351880
burgers and dogs are easy, just don't burn them too badly.
chicken is a little trickier, but as long as there is no pink in the middle you'll be fine.
>>
>>9351935
Solid advice
>>
>>9351922
Gas

>>9352686
Should I cut the breasts in half lengthwise to cook faster/better?
>>
>>9352893
>Should I cut the breasts in half lengthwise to cook faster/better?
No. You can remove the filet so it cooks a little more evenly though.
>>
>>9351880
Rule number one for grilling is let the meat get near room temp before placing on the grill. this is so the inside heats more in line with the outside. if the meat is cold you tend to end up with a grilled outside and pink inside.
>>
>>9351880
Chicken whether boneless or on the bone, is actually kind of difficult for a newb to get perfect on the grill. Get an instant read thermometer and don't attempt if a full grill and you can't indirect heat it. One thing you could do instead in bake chicken wings and finish them on the grill to recrisp before serving, with a brush of buffalo, chopped garlic, and worchestershire. Or you can cube some breast, kebob it on some skewers with onions, poblano or baby bell peppers, marinate it in some mojo criollo, and ensure it cooks evenly without underdoneness or drying out. OR Go pick up some smoked chicken and pork from a local BBQ joint as an extra since you aren't smoking today.
Oil is your friend. Pat out your 80/20 burgers, and rub them with olive oil, salt, pepper. Rub the kosher dogs and fancier precooked sausages with oil. Have tongs so you can roll them. Go ahead and pour some oil and balsamic over thick slabs of onions or portobellos and grill them too. Rub your already steamed corn and lay it on the grill. Or do the corn the right way and desilk it but don't shuck it, soak in water before grilling.
A nice grill day can be made better by a homemade cole slaw or potato salad. Make it many hours beforehand so that it is cold. Angel slaw in bag and maries is a good cheat, as are the yummy superfood kale slaw mixes. Or get good chips. You can always put Bushs beans in an oven dish covered in onions, bacon, a bit of glaze. It can be made well ahead and then rested to cool.
Buy some frozen limeade to make, or somee nice iced tea, get the beer cold hours ahead with a cooler and a bag of ice.

Something extra like better buns, or interesting toppings can be served. A bit of bacon jam, nice cheddar or pepper jack, sweet pepper relish, maybe a couple choices of pickles. There will be one person who will want BBQ sauce, and yet others who want, LTO mayo,

Deviled eggs FTW, watermelon or a nice pie/brownies finisher.
>>
>>9352893
>>9352915
pound them into uniform width instead
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.