[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop wasting food like faggots. Convert to proportional weight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: cooking fag.jpg (90KB, 570x686px) Image search: [Google]
cooking fag.jpg
90KB, 570x686px
I know you are doing that shit. Making a recipe from some website and it’s more than you can eat and end up throwing shit away. Or worse, microwaving leftovers like some redneck. When then right-wing death mobs come around you’ll be screwed and will have to trade your booty hole for a can of beans. Waste = right-wing raped booty hole.

You must convert all recipes to proportional weights (Baker’s percentages, essentially). Take a simple biscuit recipe done like this. Figure out the weights of the ingredients and call the largest weight 100%. Then see what percentage of that weight all the other ingredients are. Like so:

All purpose flour, 2 cups → 250g (grams) → 100%
Baking Powder, 1 Tbs. → 13.8g → 5.5%
Salt, ½ tsp → 3.04g → 1.2%
Shortening, ½ cup → 102.5g → 41%
Milk, ¾ cup → 183g → 73%

Back Scale: 45.3%

Starting a recipe with 150 grams of flour? How much shortening to use? Easy 150 x .41 = 62 grams (about). Do that for the other ingredients.

Want to *end up* with exactly one-half pound of biscuit dough? That is where Back Scale comes in. ½ lb = 226 grams. So 226 x .452 = 102 grams. So you’ll start with 102 grams for your 100% weight (flour in this case) and figure weights out from there. Result? 226 grams of dough.
>>
>>9347348
Fuck off back to ////reddit///// with this bullshit.
>>
Shortening? in biscuits?
>>
>>9347348
>go to chefkoch.de for recipe
>set to 1 serveing
>???
>profit
>>
>>9347369
?!?!?
>>
>>9347348
>Making a recipe from some website and it’s more than you can eat and end up throwing shit away.
Just eat it later?

Sure the math is easy but it's even easier to just eat the same thing again but later.
>>
>>9347438
That is some Euro stuff there. allrecipes.com lets you adjust stuff as well. I find weight measure is easier for messy ingredients.
>>
>the virgin cook:
>Follows recipes precisely
>Measures things out and proportions to number of servings
>Only cooks 1 serving per meal because he has no friend or company
>Owns twenty thousand different utinsils he saw YouTube chefs using
>Tossed out his Teflon for a cast iron, contracts e.coli every other meal since he heard that you somehow can't use soap on cast irons
>Cant remove his fire alarm since his landlord won't let him
>Vegan

>The Chad chef:
>Skips cooking altogether, chefs beg him to come to their restaurant
>When he cooks he just throws whatever he has in the fridge in the pot
>Never worry about leftovers because he has 20 bitches hungry for him
>Only uses his bare hands to rip all the ingredients apart
>has jet engine in his backyard for searing
>He lets his fire alarm know when it can speak up again
>Diet consists entirely of endangered animals and female orgasm
>>
it is straight up wrong to measure liquids by weight.
>>
>>9347624
Why?
>>
>>9347632
density, ya dope
>>
>>9347624
Actually it's quite the reverse. 100 ml of water weighs 100g. 100ml of coca cola weighs 111g. That can make a big difference in certain applications.
>>
>>9347714
So? Any nutjob can adjust by 1/1.1 for milk etc.
>>
but don't bakers also care about wet and dry ratios?
>>
>>9347572
SOMEONE MAKE THIS
>>
Why are you converting units of volume (cups, teaspoons, tablespoons) to units of mass (grams)? If you're doing recipes in metric, shouldn't all of your measurements be in milliliters and liters?
>>
I have no idea what you're talking about but me saving a cup of flour in a month is nothing compared to the amount of food my local mcdonalds threw in the dumpster last night along with a gallon of bleach just to make sure no one could make use of it
>>
b
>>
>>9347348
>Not calculating the molarities
>Not using g/L, w/w, w/v, v/v
>Not using preparing high concentration stocks for future dilution
Wew lad.
>>
>>9349960
If your bowl is already on scales, why bother getting a measuring jug out?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.